PDA

View Full Version : Corre

Snair
02-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Ok since the formation of Corre i've been having high expectation from them but seeing them booked horribly in Rumble it makes me wonder whats the purpose of formation of Corre.I do like the concept of having a group of equals and btw their theme song is badass.But i've have a bad feeling that they are just a group of randomly put together wrestlers ,so that new nexus(apart from punk) can have a match at mania.Do you think creative will nothing for them and disband them prematurely after mania?? Thoughts

Tommy Thunder
02-06-2011, 01:33 AM
I'd like them to add a 5th member to the group; Michael Tarver is the obvious choice. Then have Punk vs Barrett at Mania and the remaining 4 members of each group in an elimination tag match also at Mania.
I don't want to see them disband after Mania. The storyline has so much potential.

Snair
02-06-2011, 01:41 AM
I'd like them to add a 5th member to the group; Michael Tarver is the obvious choice. Then have Punk vs Barrett at Mania and the remaining 4 members of each group in an elimination tag match also at Mania.
I don't want to see them disband after Mania. The storyline has so much potential.

even skip shefield would do

Tommy Thunder
02-06-2011, 02:04 AM
even skip shefield would do

True, but there are plans to push Sheffield as a top face once he returns, and I don't think Michael Tarver will last long as a singles guy at the moment so being part of a group will help him, whereas Sheffield will have no problem establishing himself on his own.

jethro
02-06-2011, 04:14 AM
I was thinking Barrett will face against Undertaker at wrestlemania,because Barrett still haven't tell us what is his reason(where he argue with Otunga i believe) to attack Undertaker and help Kane won the buried alive match last year.

The Brown One
02-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Corre has more history than the Nexus, lets not forget that. Nexus seems more well put together, because they have Punk leading them, who ensured that whoever was in the Nexus, got in only if they deserved it, through the grueling tasks of the initiation. Corre hasn't done that, and are apparently equals(even thought Barrett talks more than all of them combined). I still see a Corre vs Nexus match at Mania, and hopefully it will an elimination match, so that it doesn't end too quickly.

CMhuw24
02-06-2011, 06:01 AM
I still wanna see Big Zeke vs Mason Ryan.

shanethewolf
02-06-2011, 06:05 AM
WWE are really dropping the ball with these factions. When Nexus first came out, tore the ring up and caused chaos, they were right on the money. It was unexpected, dramatic and truly rebellious.

The problem is, these groups are so organised and corporate. They come out in their wrestling gear and matching tshirts, they have scheduled matches and, despite breaking rules when they can get away with it, they generally do what they're told. In my opinion, they should be coming out in their own clothes, attacking the crew, ruining matches, causing havoc backstage and basically rebelling against WWE management. That's what made (the original) NWO and DX, and even Austin, so successful.

WWE do it all the time though. They did it with the ECW and WCW invasion and the NWO. Instead of letting them run wild, like a rebel faction should, they made them ass kissing wimps who answer to authority figures and do what WWE management tell them to do.

Lance Storm
02-06-2011, 10:58 AM
From their shirts to the horrible theme song, The Corre is bad. I believe Barrett is the only one worth a damn. They so need to do a New Nexus/Corre angle, but they already dropped the ball on that one. They need to go back to the way Nexus was introduced. Raise hell!

CobraNightviper
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I want to know what is up with there theme song did anyone notice on smackdown when Gabriel and Slater came out it sounded diffrent than it did the week before and that it changed before that when Barrett debuted on smackdown so theres been 3 versions of the same song(at least thats what I counted)so I wonder why wwe keeps changing it?

dres1214
02-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I want to know what is up with there theme song did anyone notice on smackdown when Gabriel and Slater came out it sounded diffrent than it did the week before and that it changed before that when Barrett debuted on smackdown so theres been 3 versions of the same song(at least thats what I counted)so I wonder why wwe keeps changing it?

IMO it's because their theme song isnt good. For instance, the nexus or new nexus now that theme song is perfect. You knew once you heard that first chorus hit...that Nexus is coming. But that shortly died down after WWE watered down the storyline, and let SuperCena Win...anywho back to my point. The Corre theme song isnt as good as the Nexus. It doesnt catch your attention. Its a group of guys who want to be badass, well give them something that has more of that feeling. If they are individuals let the song describe the group. Almost any Superstar song describes who they are or is distinct to themselves. You know when you hear glass break, its SCSA. When you hear "If yaaa smell what the rock is cooking" its the great one. etc..etc..

Lance Storm
02-06-2011, 05:04 PM
The Punk/Nexus mash up by Eric from Minnesota is what the New Nexus theme should be, but I think copyrights might not let that happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2rYG3CCsKw

I like this song for the Corre. Plus, they are already have Rev Theory under contract for Orton's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcPIDTHX9dE

The Brown One
02-06-2011, 05:09 PM
IMO it's because their theme song isnt good. For instance, the nexus or new nexus now that theme song is perfect. You knew once you heard that first chorus hit...that Nexus is coming. But that shortly died down after WWE watered down the storyline, and let SuperCena Win...anywho back to my point. The Corre theme song isnt as good as the Nexus. It doesnt catch your attention. Its a group of guys who want to be badass, well give them something that has more of that feeling. If they are individuals let the song describe the group. Almost any Superstar song describes who they are or is distinct to themselves. You know when you hear glass break, its SCSA. When you hear "If yaaa smell what the rock is cooking" its the great one. etc..etc..

Agree with this. I just didn't take a liking to Corre's song. It shouldn't only be about the song, but the wrestling. But a stable's song should be engraved into people's heads, so that they know its "going to be this stable coming out". I don't get that feeling with Corre, and don't even know its them until I look at the titantron.

tdp
02-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I can't take gabriel or slater seriously, especially gabriel. Zeke could be good but I dunno I have a feeling he'll be a guy like mvp, all the potential in the world but under utilized, w/e. Barrett should be able to hold his own judging by his push up till now. I'd say disband the corre unless they plan to go all the way with them, I.e. new members, titles, and an overall domination of smackdown. Which if the plan is to keep slater and gabriel I wouldn't be opposed to dropping the gimmick all together.

The Brown One
02-06-2011, 07:43 PM
I can't take gabriel or slater seriously, especially gabriel. Zeke could be good but I dunno I have a feeling he'll be a guy like mvp, all the potential in the world but under utilized, w/e. Barrett should be able to hold his own judging by his push up till now. I'd say disband the corre unless they plan to go all the way with them, I.e. new members, titles, and an overall domination of smackdown. Which if the plan is to keep slater and gabriel I wouldn't be opposed to dropping the gimmick all together.

You think Gabriels the weakest member? I think Slater gets that award. We barely hear him talk, and hes not fun to watch in the ring. Gabriel has the most potential in the Corre, besides Barrett.

Sinliner
02-07-2011, 05:02 AM
You think Gabriels the weakest member? I think Slater gets that award. We barely hear him talk, and hes not fun to watch in the ring. Gabriel has the most potential in the Corre, besides Barrett.

Agreed about slater. But on topic , its wrestlemania season! dont worry the corre will have some sort of storyline heading into wrestlemania, we will just have to wait an see if its any good, but my point is dont worry about wwe forgetting about them they are high on barret atm (understandably) and he will have a big match come wrestlemania night.

captainmoonlight
02-07-2011, 11:06 AM
i'd say join the two groups together at some point and have a super faction. i know we had nwo but that was 14 years ago since we had a faction with more than 4 or 5 members.

get a few more factions involved and have a world war 3 style gang warfare at survivor series

dres1214
02-07-2011, 11:46 AM
i'd say join the two groups together at some point and have a super faction. i know we had nwo but that was 14 years ago since we had a faction with more than 4 or 5 members.

get a few more factions involved and have a world war 3 style gang warfare at survivor series

Sounds good, but what would their goal be? as someone stated on this thread, if both factions were to be like DX, or NWO. Then i could see this happening. But honestly they lost the momentum with this storyline on being a ruthless group who doesnt listen to anyone. They're slowly building back up. (new nexus) The Corre, they stated that no one is the leader. So it wouldnt fit in the storyline. Good idea sir! but likely not to happen.

captainmoonlight
02-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah right mind. They'd need to drop a leader for it to work.

It's blatantly obvious that the corre is gona have leader issues in a while. The good thing is that a faction can bring creditability and worth to belts so have a big faction hold a couple of belts and like u said they need to forget about law and order

dres1214
02-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah right mind. They'd need to drop a leader for it to work.

It's blatantly obvious that the corre is gona have leader issues in a while. The good thing is that a faction can bring creditability and worth to belts so have a big faction hold a couple of belts and like u said they need to forget about law and order

I agree. Maybe the storyline will finally make sense, when it gets closer to WM...

World B. Free
02-07-2011, 02:24 PM
I was thinking Barrett will face against Undertaker at wrestlemania,because Barrett still haven't tell us what is his reason(where he argue with Otunga i believe) to attack Undertaker and help Kane won the buried alive match last year.

Good point. It would also be cool for the reason for the attack was because of STING?!?!? A good angle for bringing Sting to the WWE!!! I don't think they'll make him a heel though but it would be cool....