PDA

View Full Version : New 'They' should = ORIGINALS!

Rich Cranium
02-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Should the new 'They' or fortune have consisted of TNA originals only and not Mr. Anderson, Crimson, Angle, or Steiner? AJ said, 'we built this company' which to me implies the originals. Thoughts?

WWTNA Mark
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Nah. It would't have made sense. Angle, Steiner, Crimson, and Anderson were the wrestlers that had a major part in the Immortal angle so dropping them for a TNA original vs Immortal storyline would be confusing.

Eric Bischoff
02-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Nah. It would't have made sense. Angle, Steiner, Crimson, and Anderson were the wrestlers that had a major part in the Immortal angle so dropping them for a TNA original vs Immortal storyline would be confusing.

It is already confusing.

Rich Cranium
02-05-2011, 09:29 PM

True, I was just hoping for sort of an uprising of originals to let Dixie know that they want their company back.

thejman93
02-05-2011, 09:30 PM
It is already confusing.

You created the whole storyline you dumb shit! :D

Bodom
02-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Should the new 'They' or fortune have consisted of TNA originals only and not Mr. Anderson, Crimson, Angle, or Steiner? AJ said, 'we built this company' which to me implies the originals. Thoughts?

*Wonders where Samoa Joe is*

thejman93
02-05-2011, 09:35 PM
*Wonders where Samoa Joe is*

Feuding with Pope who inexsplicably turned heel out of nowhere.

Bodom
02-05-2011, 09:37 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6mtW4CtCyuUaCV9jwuWkdMaz-xsM4lOzcW6WnLbyI0c_eKehl&t=1

thejman93
02-05-2011, 09:41 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6mtW4CtCyuUaCV9jwuWkdMaz-xsM4lOzcW6WnLbyI0c_eKehl&t=1

My thoughts exactly...

WWTNA Mark
02-05-2011, 09:51 PM

Fighting over a goddamn tape recorder! Wait, why in the hell is Joe recording Pope in the first place?!? Damn you Russo for the swerve!

jhorton1215
02-05-2011, 10:15 PM
It makes sense if you don't think about it :D

The Brown One
02-05-2011, 10:31 PM
In this case, you have to ask yourself..why did Edge argue with a laptop?

WWTNA Mark
02-05-2011, 10:49 PM

True but it made sense. Edge was mad that the GM was abusing his power alittle too much. Samoa Joe recording another man for no reason is stupid and weird tbh. lol

Bodom
02-05-2011, 10:51 PM

At least it was mindless entertainment.

The Brown One
02-05-2011, 11:08 PM
I did enjoy the laptop smashing.
Any ideas behind the Joe thing?

WWTNA Mark
02-05-2011, 11:11 PM
I did enjoy the laptop smashing.
Any ideas behind the Joe thing?

He's coming out the closet. Either that or we just got Russo Swerved.

Bodom
02-05-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm not even sure how it's a "Russo Swerve".

The whole Joe thing is just retarded.

PandaMassacre
02-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Maybe Samoa Joe got kidnapped by Andy Dick an then picked up some not-so-healthy habits?

Stihltygre
02-06-2011, 12:59 AM
the angle was supposed to read... Joe didn't Buy Pope's good guy attitude, so he followed him to prove it, find info proves pope's a bad guy, and we have a heel pope... obviously it was poorly written, and half @$$ed. turning pope heel was dumb as shit as he was seriously over with the crowd, and made a great face, now we have Joe who belongs in the title hunt, in a poorly executed storyline with a heel who should be face and most of the fans scratching their head saying WTF over?

wallyman
02-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Fighting over a goddamn tape recorder! Wait, why in the hell is Joe recording Pope in the first place?!? Damn you Russo for the swerve!

its meant to show that pope isnt al as good as he says.....thats why....to expose him if u will

The Brown One
02-06-2011, 04:54 AM
the angle was supposed to read... Joe didn't Buy Pope's good guy attitude, so he followed him to prove it, find info proves pope's a bad guy, and we have a heel pope... obviously it was poorly written, and half @$$ed. turning pope heel was dumb as shit as he was seriously over with the crowd, and made a great face, now we have Joe who belongs in the title hunt, in a poorly executed storyline with a heel who should be face and most of the fans scratching their head saying WTF over?

Thanks for the information. I didn't know the whole story. It does sound stupid that they would turn Pope heel in this way. It should have been Joe turning heel instead.

Mikeyboy7777777
02-06-2011, 08:02 AM
as long as fourtune is just kazarian aj and beer money i'm happy (plus ric flair:D

Bodom
02-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the information. I didn't know the whole story. It does sound stupid that they would turn Pope heel in this way. It should have been Joe turning heel instead.

Makes a bit more sense, but I still don't think it fits Joe.

Samoa Joe is supposed to be a badass, not TNA's own Dick Tracy

Stihltygre
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Joe is the ultimate tweener for TNA, they need to get him back to his "joe's gonna KIll you" badassery, not this "Joe's gonna take video of you." shit.

CobraNightviper
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM
and speaking of detective Joe who was his camera man on the ramp anyone know who he is?

shanethewolf
02-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Yep, they should all be originals in my opinion and that's an angle that's long overdue. It would be great to see the originals standing up against Hogan, Flair, Bischoff and all the oldies and actually addressing the big mess they've made.

Kurt Angle is a difficult one however as he was one of the first big stars after Christian to jump ship from TNA and he's done so much for TNA, put on great matches and bust his ass, it seems wrong to associate him with the lazy old guys.

CGBigMan
02-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Joes cameraman is someone named Okada
i beleive hes had a match on xplosion but besides that i know nothing

Rich Cranium
02-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Yep, they should all be originals in my opinion and that's an angle that's long overdue. It would be great to see the originals standing up against Hogan, Flair, Bischoff and all the oldies and actually addressing the big mess they've made.

Kurt Angle is a difficult one however as he was one of the first big stars after Christian to jump ship from TNA and he's done so much for TNA, put on great matches and bust his ass, it seems wrong to associate him with the lazy old guys.

Agreed, but where does Steiner and Crimson fit in?

Bodom
02-06-2011, 01:58 PM

Who cares as long a Steiner get's to cut 20 minute promos

Rich Cranium
02-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Who cares as long a Steiner get's to cut 20 minute promos

I know right, Steiner is bat crazy! In real life too!

shanethewolf
02-06-2011, 03:38 PM

Crimson doesn't really belong in the angle and Steiner should really be on Bischoff's side in my opinion. I wouldn't even mind if Jeff Jarret sided with the originals, afterall, that's where he belongs and it really shouldn't just be about old guys versus young guys.

stolen_art
02-07-2011, 07:36 AM
I think the main problem if such a broad line is drawn of Originals vs Non-Originals (i.e. anyone who has been in WWE/WCW/ECW) then you create something a little too close to the Invasion angle, and eventually it stops making sense. By the end of it so many people had switched back and forth that it was irrelevant whether they'd ever been WCW or ECW.

As has been mentioned, there are also blurred lines such as Kurt Angle. Yes he was huge in WWE, but he joined TNA a long time ago and has been through a lot with them. He definitely doesn't belong in Immortal.

The annoying thing about Samoa Joe is that he can't really join during his pointless feud with Pope. And as a heel (suddenly), Pope can't join Immortal as right before this turn he was all about fighting them, which basically lead to this. Obviously at this stage logic doesn't really matter, and TNA seem to think we all have extremely short memories, but it just wouldn't make sense.

Stinger187
02-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I think the main problem if such a broad line is drawn of Originals vs Non-Originals (i.e. anyone who has been in WWE/WCW/ECW) then you create something a little too close to the Invasion angle, and eventually it stops making sense. By the end of it so many people had switched back and forth that it was irrelevant whether they'd ever been WCW or ECW.

As has been mentioned, there are also blurred lines such as Kurt Angle. Yes he was huge in WWE, but he joined TNA a long time ago and has been through a lot with them. He definitely doesn't belong in Immortal.

The annoying thing about Samoa Joe is that he can't really join during his pointless feud with Pope. And as a heel (suddenly), Pope can't join Immortal as right before this turn he was all about fighting them, which basically lead to this. Obviously at this stage logic doesn't really matter, and TNA seem to think we all have extremely short memories, but it just wouldn't make sense.

TNA make sense that will be the day! We can still hope.

Xpacfan
02-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Melina says hello!

thejman93
02-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Melina says hello!

Touche'...

Bodom
02-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I forgot that WWE's stupid shit somehow makes TNA's ok :rolleyes:

Rich Cranium
02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I forgot that WWE's stupid shit somehow makes TNA's ok :rolleyes:

Follow the leader!