PDA

View Full Version : why the hate

willos19991
02-04-2011, 09:30 PM
i have hear a lot of people complaining about alberto del rio winning the rumble, and the main complain is that his only been with the company for a few months however his been to japan and mexico and done mma for over 7 years before he got to the wwe, so my question is does all the stuff a wrestler does outside the wwe "pay his dues" doesnt count anymore when the wrestler gets to the wwe?

Flyyisha
02-04-2011, 09:34 PM
To some poeple no. I for one don't asgree with ADR winning the rumble. It should have went to someone else. I'm not big on him. It's something about him I don't like. As for "paying dues' do remember a lot of people don't follow wrestlers careers outside of WWE or TNA so they feel "he has NOT paid them" to each their own.

Rich Cranium
02-04-2011, 09:50 PM
I think ADR fits perfectly in the spot he is in! Yes, he was a great amateur wrestler and has toured Mexico and Japan. He comes from wrestling royalty and has MMA experience and has charisma. What more could you ask for?

2bluntsup
02-04-2011, 10:18 PM
i think that the problem is people have to embrace change and the furture in all factors in wrestling, not just the wrestlers u see but also the story as well..

Lance Storm
02-05-2011, 12:02 AM
I did not expect ADR to win the Rumble. I expected him to win MITB, but I have ZERO problem with him getting the main event at WM. He is awesome!
http://www.kupywrestlingwallpapers.info/wallpapers/alberto-del-rio-wrestlemania-wallpaper-preview.jpg

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-05-2011, 12:08 AM
I just happy to see a Mexican portrayed as a champion and not a http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS10jBXT09wjfjaNHzxc8pDkQ245Rlx3 sBKyICVIaFcxlDeGJP5RQ

or

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqxmQ0ywIX-IiI0Y5d5gDufFhPccHp4jdDlzVWsNErIG41n1K6

U MAD???

Lance Storm
02-05-2011, 12:09 AM
I just happy to see a Mexican portrayed as a champion and not a http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS10jBXT09wjfjaNHzxc8pDkQ245Rlx3 sBKyICVIaFcxlDeGJP5RQ

or

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqxmQ0ywIX-IiI0Y5d5gDufFhPccHp4jdDlzVWsNErIG41n1K6

U MAD???

I just BM'd! That was funny as hell and VERY TRUE

PrimusSucks
02-05-2011, 12:12 AM
People look back on Yokozuna and say he is a great big man, they don't complain about his push being to fast or him not being a credible champ because he really wasn't.

AlterBridge
02-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Everyone shits bricks over Daniel Bryan being treated as a rookie, but ADR was famous and loved in Mexico for years!
I think he's perfectly ready, he's way over, has a good character and hes easy to hate! Plus I love the announcer and the armbar finisher.
I hope he proves me right!

The Brown One
02-05-2011, 04:20 AM
ADR was a great wrestler long before he joined the WWE. But you..you already know that.

Adam Bomb II
02-05-2011, 05:18 AM
People look back on Yokozuna and say he is a great big man, they don't complain about his push being to fast or him not being a credible champ because he really wasn't.

Good point PrimusSucks. Yoko debuted in October 92 and won the Rumble a few months later, having also worked in Japan and Mexico before that, so he and ADR kinda have similar background. I think the difference is that ADRs push is happening in a time when the IWC exists. Imagine that this board existed in 93, and then imagine how much bitching would be going on over Yokos win. :)

Rated_R(ob)KO
02-05-2011, 05:22 AM
Del Rio is VERY deserving of winning that Rumble. He was going to quit and THE 'E knew what they had so they appeased him. Now I think he's going to lose at Mania but dammit, it's great seeing him out there doing what he does best week in and week out but, you already knew that.

Adam Bomb II
02-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Del Rio is VERY deserving of winning that Rumble. He was going to quit and THE 'E knew what they had so they appeased him. Now I think he's going to lose at Mania but dammit, it's great seeing him out there doing what he does best week in and week out but, you already knew that.

I don't know, maybe it's just hopeful thinking, but I have a sneaking suspiscion that ADR could grab the title from Edge at WM... Although my hope is that Christian gets involved and he takes home the gold, but that probably wont happen. :)

SaberToothTigerz
02-05-2011, 10:09 AM
so the guy has been on the wwe for less than a year so what? didnt he proved himself to be a major threat? a serious competitor, a heel of great magnitude? i think so he did, and im gonna enjoy seeing del rio at mania, even more if he does win.
alot of people need to stop criticizing and accept the product for what it is for, instead of trying to find holes they can dig in at to bash the script wwe creatives do.

Heels Have More Fun
02-05-2011, 11:51 AM
The problem with humans is that they're fickle creatures. Before the Rumble, everyone was bitching about how they thought an established star like Cena or HHH was going to win, and that the WWE didn't give the fresher stars enough credit to let them win. Then ADR goes and wins, and everyone starts complaining about how he's too new. It was the same with Sheamus. Before he won the title, everyone was complaining that there wasn't enough new blood in the title scene. Then he won, and everyone started to complain about how he'd barely been there a few months. I say its always good to have new stars in the title picture. Much better than seeing "Cena v Orton 632: The Final Final battle".

jethro
02-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I have no problem with Alberto won the rumble,its great because he is not a former champion unlike previous 3 rumble winner - Cena,Orton and Edge...they're former champion so I don't feel anything when they won the rumble.I was happy when Benoit won the 2004 rumble...

anyway,Alberto won is a great thing...I don't care his backstage antics wanting to quit or not as long as he is entertaining to watch alongside with Ricardo.

It is his destiny to headline wrestlemania...but you already know that.

CobraNightviper
02-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Iv'e said it in everyone of theese ADR threads Alberto Del Rio=world heavy weight champion at wrestlemania it's his destiny.

tdp
02-10-2011, 06:10 PM
I personally love del rio, he's one of the few guys I really like. That being said I thought the rumble win was too much, especially with how weak he looked in the match. The rumble is a big, prestigious event. I would've preferred a number one contenders match win on smackdown, that would've been more fitting imo. I was thinking about it though from a real life standpoint, lebron james came into the nba as a 18 year old kid and was averaging over 20 pts. a night, when you're good, you're good. Del rio is cool by me.

passingthru
02-11-2011, 01:41 AM
no hate for guy but it's so obvious that he is ripping off one of the greatest wrestlers ever, and am I the only one to see it????? ADR ripped off every single gimmick from EDDIE GURRERO(sp?) everything ADR does looks as if he has sat in front of a tv and a mirror watching Eddie's work and then performing the same stuff in the mirror, then coming out in the ring and doing it. Just waiting for the frog splash, he will probably use it to win at WM, just like Eddie