PDA

View Full Version : Trimming the fat...

Adam Bomb II
02-04-2011, 02:27 PM
So... I just read a rumour that the reason Husky is off TV for the time being is not too sell the punt from Orton, but because the boys in charge thinks he should loose some weight.It's not like his weight was slowing him down or making his ring work bad.
I off course don't know if it is true or not, but I personally find it a bit boring that there can't be some exceptions to the rule that you have to look like a greek god to be in the WWE.
Let's see how long it takes for them to send Kong and Clay (if he makes it to the main roster) to the gym... :)

Rich Cranium
02-04-2011, 02:30 PM
But the guy can move for his size!

HeelTurn
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Do they think he will be a better wrestler if hes slimmer, or is it purely for aesthetics.

Adam Bomb II
02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Do they think he will be a better wrestler if hes slimmer, or is it purely for aesthetics.

Can't say I know, but if I pretend that I know Vinnie Mac for a second, I would definately think the latter.

vbirwin
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Husky's size is kinda what he's known for. And I like the fact that he's not in the same cookie cutter mold as the majority of the roster. It's not like he's Yoko big or anything. The guy can work so as long as his size isn't affecting his health what difference does it make. If it's true it would be a bit hypocritical for Vince to make him lose weight after making him take the name Husky.

HeelTurn
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Husky's size is kinda what he's known for. And I like the fact that he's not in the same cookie cutter mold as the majority of the roster. It's not like he's Yoko big or anything. The guy can work so as long as his size isn't affecting his health what difference does it make. If it's true it would be a bit hypocritical for Vince to make him lose weight after making him take the name Husky.

Thats a good point if he does lose weight he cant be Husky Harris, he would just be Harris.

SaberToothTigerz
02-04-2011, 02:58 PM
yea probably vince's opinnion in fat guys now must matter alot
they probably think they look bad in tv now

thedag
02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
i dont think its true cuz theres been reports that the higher ups love the guy. he got kicked cuz out of the 5 nexus guys he makes the most sense.

Iron Ape
02-04-2011, 03:20 PM
i dont think its true cuz theres been reports that the higher ups love the guy. he got kicked cuz out of the 5 nexus guys he makes the most sense.
How does he make the most sense, exactly?

thejman93
02-04-2011, 03:25 PM

Um...... David Outunga is calling.

thedag
02-04-2011, 03:30 PM
otunga is the only memeber from the first group. he also gets some media. McGillicutty is perfects kid and that means more then being good in the ring sadly. Ryan is the new guy who is the teams enforcer. husky was like a 5th wheel. plus he is way to good for the group. Otunga and McGillicutty needs nexus husky doesnt.

AgeoftheFallguy
02-04-2011, 03:40 PM
yeah I agree if weight was an issue i'm sure it would have been delt with before he came on TV at all. I mean his dad was kinda bigger guy always wearing whole shirt and tie in ring so could never really tell if he was a bit bigger. I think it makes Husky more badass that hes a bit bigger. I also agree that whats the point in giving him a name like Husky Harris and then making him loose 30 pounds. I mean look at how big Brotus Clay is and hes just kinda always loosing a little bit at a time. From what I read they were really happy hes slimmed down as much as he has.

Iron Ape
02-04-2011, 03:47 PM
otunga is the only memeber from the first group. he also gets some media. McGillicutty is perfects kid and that means more then being good in the ring sadly. Ryan is the new guy who is the teams enforcer. husky was like a 5th wheel. plus he is way to good for the group. Otunga and McGillicutty needs nexus husky doesnt.
How does being Mr. Perfect's kid factor at all into the equation when they don't even acknowledge it? Regardless, I look over the rest of your rationalizations, and they don't seem so much as a bit more probable than McMahon's notorious disdain for barrel asses.

Anyways, I guess the only way to definitively tell the reasoning will be to see if he still looks like a wheelbarrow full of mashed potatoes poured into a mail sack when he returns to television (if he returns to television at all).

A.Graham
02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Husky running down to the ring at the Rumble was a horrifying sight, me and my mates had a good laugh, but in all seriousness i think his in ring would improve if he shed a few pounds.

Mikeyboy7777777
02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
david otunga should have gotten some time off like a very very long time the only reason i watch raw is because of young stars and cm punk otunga please go somewhere else or learn how to wrestle or cut a promo without looking like a pimp without ho's

thejman93
02-04-2011, 04:04 PM
david otunga should have gotten some time off like a very very long time the only reason i watch raw is because of young stars and cm punk otunga please go somewhere else or learn how to wrestle or cut a promo without looking like a pimp without ho's

Anybody else miss the HO TRAIN!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhbywUc0ozM&feature=related

Iron Ape
02-04-2011, 04:11 PM
yeah I agree if weight was an issue i'm sure it would have been delt with before he came on TV at all. I mean his dad was kinda bigger guy always wearing whole shirt and tie in ring so could never really tell if he was a bit bigger. I think it makes Husky more badass that hes a bit bigger. I also agree that whats the point in giving him a name like Husky Harris and then making him loose 30 pounds. I mean look at how big Brotus Clay is and hes just kinda always loosing a little bit at a time. From what I read they were really happy hes slimmed down as much as he has.
In Vince's weird world, that's a way to demoralize and motivate someone.

*is genuinely surprised he didn't call Otunga "Blacky McSucksalot"*

6maximum6carnage6
02-04-2011, 05:02 PM
when i clicked on this thread, i was totally expecting it to be about Matt Hardy...

The Brown One
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Husky running down to the ring at the Rumble was a horrifying sight, me and my mates had a good laugh, but in all seriousness i think his in ring would improve if he shed a few pounds.

Well then he wouldn't be so Husky. Hes actually quite speedy for a man of his size, so I like that they keep bringing that up.

Iron Ape
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
when i clicked on this thread, i was totally expecting it to be about Matt Hardy...
That thread would have been called "Putting the fat in a Pyrex measuring cup and slugging it back..."

6maximum6carnage6
02-04-2011, 05:14 PM
That thread would have been called "Putting the fat in a Pyrex measuring cup and slugging it back..."

lol thats funy....and true

Rich Cranium
02-04-2011, 05:50 PM
yeah I agree if weight was an issue i'm sure it would have been delt with before he came on TV at all. I mean his dad was kinda bigger guy always wearing whole shirt and tie in ring so could never really tell if he was a bit bigger. I think it makes Husky more badass that hes a bit bigger. I also agree that whats the point in giving him a name like Husky Harris and then making him loose 30 pounds.

I thought Mike Rotunda was in pretty good shape and only wore the shirt and tie due to the IRS gimmick.

Rich Cranium
02-04-2011, 05:52 PM

Are you saying Husky needs a bra?

Iron Ape
02-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I thought Mike Rotunda was in pretty good shape and only wore the shirt and tie due to the IRS gimmick.
Yeah, Mike Rotunda was nowhere near as sloppy as his son. At various times he was even in pretty damn good shape.

Rich Cranium
02-04-2011, 05:56 PM
In Vince's weird world, that's a way to demoralize and motivate someone.

*is genuinely surprised he didn't call Otunga "Blacky McSucksalot"*

Are they gonna change Husky to Emaciate Harris?

Iron Ape
02-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Are they gonna change Husky to Emaciate Harris?
He'd need a 12 month run at Jeff Hardy's meth stash before anything like that could ever happen.

HeelTurn
02-04-2011, 06:02 PM
He'd need a 12 month run at Jeff Hardy's meth stash before anything like that could ever happen.

Well if Jeff goes to jail he may just get that.

Iron Ape
02-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Well if Jeff goes to jail he may just get that.
Yeah, provided that no one remembers to padlock the door to his luxury trailer home.

Rich Cranium
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, provided that no one remembers to padlock the door to his luxury trailer home.

Maybe if Harris can get to that meth pipe he too can create his own art gallery;)

Iron Ape
02-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe if Harris can get to that meth pipe he too can create his own art gallery;)
They'll all be sculptures of his favorite fast food joints, made entirely out recycled styrofoam McRib and Filet-O-Fish containers.

Robstar
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
I think it has a lot to do with Vince being a bodybuilder. Bodybuilders get a mind set where they feel disgusted by overweight people and think everybody should be hitting the gym twice a day. I know that's a generalisation but it's true in my experience

THEKEVINBRAND
02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
i find Husky can play off as WWE's Samoa Joe with the size and the way he moves

hey you guys(and girls)
02-04-2011, 09:15 PM

read up to yourself then made a comment wow,that is my 1st comment yeah lets get rid of anyone who looks different unless they are 7 foot cause we all know they can go. wait but if they lose weight then good they might only be about 6 foot 6 sorry guy but i dont think they all need to look like super cena

Jayoholic
02-04-2011, 10:57 PM
They probably just need him to lose enough so that his boobs won't sag. Husky's pretty good for a big guy, and although he's nowhere near super duper fat...seeing his man boobs is disgusting. Maybe they should give him an outfit with a top or at least have him wrestle with a shirt on.

PrimusSucks
02-05-2011, 12:18 AM

Do people for get that Husky Harris is Irwin R. Shyster's kid, and Blackjack Mulligan's grandkid? I think that would mean just as much if not more because I.R.S. still works backstage for WWE.

The Brown One
02-05-2011, 04:24 AM
They probably just need him to lose enough so that his boobs won't sag. Husky's pretty good for a big guy, and although he's nowhere near super duper fat...seeing his man boobs is disgusting. Maybe they should give him an outfit with a top or at least have him wrestle with a shirt on.

I think his attire works well for him..until I just watched NXT tonight. There was a nipple slip of Brodus Clay.