PDA

View Full Version : How will 'Sting'....

himfandelux
02-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Speculation.

This is the type of thing I love. When the vignette for 2.21.11 first aired on RAW, i found myself shouting at my screen "holy shit, the son-of-a-bitch did it!," in reference to my immediate thinking that the vignette was for Sting. In the days since, I've constantly searched the internet for any signs of clues as to what 2.21.11 could bring, if nothing more than the simple fact that WWE throws a better curveball than Cliff Lee (Who saw him going to the phils over the yanks?). I've watched and analyzed the 1997 Starcade Sting promo a thousand times, searched some of the most obscure and horrible, and also great, wrestling websites that the internet has to offer, with absolutely no luck in getting any closer to the truth. So, like everyone else, it appears I too will have to wait it out another 2 weeks and 3 days to find out what happens, unless this site breaks some news, which I wouldn't put out of the question as we near the date its self.

The last hour I've been sitting here, speculating, on what might happen, or who might be coming to WWE on 2.21.11. The Save Us vignettes were rather straightforward, I think everybody knew that Jericho was coming back to WWE, even though he was playing it off. So far there's been absolutely no word from Borden himself, nor do I think there will be. But the two vignettes are so very similar in the way they've been presented, which is virally, and that has me intrigued. Typically the WWE only airs vignettes when a wrestler from the past is returning, or a new talent is arriving. If a talent comes back from injury, it is usually a surprise with no prior hype, or they push him with a small video a few weeks before hand in order to get some higher ratings for that particular show.

Obviously some think 2.21.11 will bring the return of The Undertaker. But there are a few facts that completely negate that idea, such as how the current idea is for a Wade Barret/Undertaker match at WrestleMania. Then there's also the fact that The Undertaker is on the Smackdown! brand. I understand why WWE would hype an Undertaker return on RAW, but they typically seems to air a small vignette that says "Undertaker returns in two weeks to get revenge" etc. Of course there is still the chance that the card may yet change, and WWE has decided to take The Undertakers' WrestleMania match in a different direction. So clearly The Undertaker returning on RAW is not out of the question. In fact, I for one, DO believe The Undertaker will be returning on 2.21.11.

I also believe Sting will make his WWE debut on 2.21.11.

Imagine this:
Its finally Feb. 21st, and we're all eagerly waiting to see who comes down the entrance ramp (Assuming Ryan Clark hasn't figured out if Sting is really coming to WWE or not). The show is going along, typical night, opening in-ring segment, interruption by the GM, Cole douche's it up a bit, crappy diva's match, Santino and Kozlov win in what can hardly be called a match, so on and so forth. Then I would assume Undertaker would come out somewhere toward the end of the show, WWE fans weep a bit, and angel dies, TNA fans rejoice, Undertaker cuts his promo. We all think that the night is pretty much over, and Undertaker was what the 2.21.11 vignettes were about all along...and just when you give up all hope, WWE pulls a Sammy Sosa, sticks some cork in a bat and hits you in the face, dropping your jaw for at least the next hour as WrestleMania pre-order's fly through the roof, because Sting just debuted in WWE.

Financially, it would make sense for Sting to finally come to WWE. With the actions figures, the t-shirts, gloves, a sting bat or two, etc...Steve Borden would be set for the rest of his life, if he isn't already. Also, I dont think anybody wants to end their wrestling career having never wrestled on the biggest stage of them all in front of 90,000 fans at WrestleMania.

Even if its not Sting who debuts on 2.21.11, the wide spread excitement from fans is far more than the WWE could have hoped for. Im sure most of you, like myself, were on the internet the second that vignette aired, we probably even all typed "Sting" and "WWE" in Google news just to see if anything popped up. I even saw one person who was so excited about the possibility of Sting coming to WWE, that he made a WrestleMania poster hyping Sting Vs. The Undertaker.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/HIMfandelux/180340_196849273664690_190656814283936_834042_5637 191_n.jpg
Pretty cool huh?

So, open discussion as always.

Dont forget to vote in my poll!

Bodom
02-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Already a thread on this.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?4127-2.21.11

Bizzy D
02-04-2011, 02:19 AM
If Steve Borden a.k.a. Sting really is the man behind the 2.21.11 phenomena. How he will be injected into the UNDERTAKER - WADE BARRETT situation for wrestlemania...I'm still figuring out what is the best possible scenario that he can be put into a match with taker who's return is to have a revenge on NEXUS (especially the former leader Wade Barrett).

Guys post your best opinions. Thanks.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-04-2011, 02:23 AM
If Steve Borden a.k.a. Sting really is the man behind the 2.21.11 phenomena. How he will be injected into the UNDERTAKER - WADE BARRETT situation for wrestlemania...I'm still figuring out what is the best possible scenario that he can be put into a match with taker who's return is to have a revenge on NEXUS (especially the former leader Wade Barrett).

If Sting really is heading to the WWE, the only way for the WWE to put Sting over as a face is to have him side with The Undertaker and have him tag at WrestleMania. But if they really want to have the dream match, both must work as faces and then Sting should announce that "This is a match that has been 20 years in the making and all the old-school fans wanna see it. So what do you say 'Taker, you and me at WrestleMania?"

Tommy Thunder
02-04-2011, 02:32 AM
They won't tag. WWE will never have Undertaker tag at Mania, as his streak is his own to defend, and nobody else. If Sting is coming in, then it has to be a on on one face vs face match.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-04-2011, 02:35 AM
They won't tag. WWE will never have Undertaker tag at Mania, as his streak is his own to defend, and nobody else. If Sting is coming in, then it has to be a on on one face vs face match.

Uh never tag? WrestleMania XIX says hello

World B. Free
02-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Just to see the Undertaker and Sting in the same ring.... That's how you implement that!!!:D

Rebel Lion
02-04-2011, 03:09 AM
On the 2/21/11 RAW, have the lights go low....the thunder roars...the lighting strikes....and The Undertaker make his triumphant return!!! Let him come to the ring with a nice, drawn out entrance. let the fans mark OUT!! Let him get into his promo about Wade Barrett when......BOOM!!!! Lights go out....thunder roars....lightning strikes....but now the burning 2/21/11 comes up on the Titantron. lights back up......nothing. Look around, look around.....wait!!!! In the Rafters.....It's STING!!!!!! Undertaker face looks totally shocked. Sting comes down through the crowd, as the place explodes!!! Down to the ring.....the long-awaited face-off. Everyone on their feet!!!! Sting tells 'Taker he respects him. Big fan of his. Tells 'Taker that this is WM. Wade Barrett is small potatoes for the 'Taker at WM. He needs something bigger....something better....sonething epic. Like himself, versus 'Taker. the crow vs The Dead man. The Icon vs The Phenom. Sting tells him I'll be watching....& waiting. Lights off, Sting is gone. Whole place in pandimonium, both guys still faces. Wala!!!

captainmoonlight
02-04-2011, 03:37 AM
Too much talking there I reckon. Sting shouldn't speak till the last minute of the last broadcast before wm

"Taker, you really are a deadman"

The Brown One
02-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Too much talking there I reckon. Sting shouldn't speak till the last minute of the last broadcast before wm

"Taker, you really are a deadman"

I'd rather have him talk. It builds up great hype for the feud.

On the 2/21/11 RAW, have the lights go low....the thunder roars...the lighting strikes....and The Undertaker make his triumphant return!!! Let him come to the ring with a nice, drawn out entrance. let the fans mark OUT!! Let him get into his promo about Wade Barrett when......BOOM!!!! Lights go out....thunder roars....lightning strikes....but now the burning 2/21/11 comes up on the Titantron. lights back up......nothing. Look around, look around.....wait!!!! In the Rafters.....It's STING!!!!!! Undertaker face looks totally shocked. Sting comes down through the crowd, as the place explodes!!! Down to the ring.....the long-awaited face-off. Everyone on their feet!!!! Sting tells 'Taker he respects him. Big fan of his. Tells 'Taker that this is WM. Wade Barrett is small potatoes for the 'Taker at WM. He needs something bigger....something better....sonething epic. Like himself, versus 'Taker. the crow vs The Dead man. The Icon vs The Phenom. Sting tells him I'll be watching....& waiting. Lights off, Sting is gone. Whole place in pandimonium, both guys still faces. Wala!!!

Awesome scenario! But I think they need to tie up loose ends with Barrett. Maybe they can tag before WM..and take out Corre/Barrett, thus finishing up that storyline. And then they can go 1 on 1 at Mania!

Rebel Lion
02-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Awesome scenario! But I think they need to tie up loose ends with Barrett. Maybe they can tag before WM..and take out Corre/Barrett, thus finishing up that storyline. And then they can go 1 on 1 at Mania!

Why thank you sir. A tag match to take out The Corre would be perfect, to wrap up the 'Taker/Barrett storyline and to keep both 'Taker & Sting as faces going into WM!!!

AGEOFFALL
02-04-2011, 04:09 AM
I'd rather have him talk. It builds up great hype for the feud.

Great idea but where does that leave Barrett at WM?

Tommy Thunder
02-04-2011, 04:28 AM

Um... Taker had a 2 v 1 handicap match against Big Show and A-Train at Mania XIX. Do your research buddy.

C_Dogg024
02-04-2011, 04:46 AM

to hell with barrett he is absolutely awful in my humble opinion, and shouldn't even be in the same ring as the Taker. but I am old School and as the Undertaker is nearing the end of his career he should only be put in the ring with people that can live up to the hype, so to speak. i.e. CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Triple H, or even Sting if that happens.

The Brown One
02-04-2011, 04:49 AM

Maybe he can still compete in the Corre vs Nexus match. I doubt he will..but lets do another scenario shall we?
I heard that the Corre vs Nexus match at WM will be 3 on 3, contrary to the belief of many that it will be a 5 on 5 match. This means that Corre will need to lose a member. I'm looking at Slater ;P

captainmoonlight
02-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Sting is good on the Mic but even better silent.

Wasn't the first promo shown in advertising space? Surely that shows its gotta be big

TJHawkesybaby
02-04-2011, 04:50 AM

Yeah but never did "tag" did he....? it was a handicap match if my memeory is serving me today....???

Sting doesnt have to say a single word the whole time he is there to build the story.... as soon as those 2 guys stepped in the ring 20 odd years ago thats when the story started... Steve Borden and Mark Calaway have been destined to face each other at Mania.... it must and it will happen!!!

This match does not need a story line at all..... and if you think it does please refrain from loading these pages with utter drivle, Thanks :)!

Saiga
02-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Undertaker was meant to tag team at Mania on two occasions but those ideas were nixed at the last minute ....

WrestleMania XIX - originally meant to be Taker & Nathan Jones vs. Big Show & A-Train but the peeps backstage felts Jones was still too green to be appearing at Mania after a short debut so they filmed the backstage attack & made him come out towards the end of the match where he delivered a spinning back kick to Big Show.

WrestleMania 21 - one idea was to have Taker & Kane team up against their Gene Snitsky & Heidenreich but Taker eventually shot that idea down and decided to feud with Randy Orton instead.

captainmoonlight
02-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Using my own and others ideas.

Monday 21st

Last raw segment. Lights off, massive choir thing going on, incredible noise, druids on their knees, awesome taker entrance

Taker in the ring, talking about barretts judgement day.

Lights off, small child talking,

"..... this, is...."

Lights on and taker and sting face to face, ten seconds of marking out
Stingers bat slides from trenchcoat, points to wm sign.
Corre rush the ring and taker and sting clean house to end show

Bizzy D
02-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Maybe we can postpone the Wade-Taker match for the next ppv's after WM 27, what is wrong here is that Nexus is down 1 man (husky being punted to the skull by stone cold steve orton) and with CM Punk heading to the Punk-Orton feud. The Nexus-Corre match must be equally intact with both teams with the same amount of members so as of now if taker-sting will happen, then the corre is up one against nexus or maybe husky can come back and we will have (BARRETT-OTUNGA Feud) Like Megatron and Starscream. Just maybe.

TJHawkesybaby
02-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Using my own and others ideas.

Monday 21st

Last raw segment. Lights off, massive choir thing going on, incredible noise, druids on their knees, awesome taker entrance

Taker in the ring, talking about barretts judgement day.

Lights off, small child talking,

"..... this, is...."

Lights on and taker and sting face to face, ten seconds of marking out
Stingers bat slides from trenchcoat, points to wm sign.
Corre rush the ring and taker and sting clean house to end show

YES YES YESSSSS all apert from the Corre run in.....

Just have Raw end with Taker n Sting facing off!!! I marked out reading this lol!

6maximum6carnage6
02-04-2011, 05:22 AM
ok, while Taker vs Sting would be amazing. i just have to ask one thing. where did the rumors start that Sting would even face Taker if he did join wwe? seems like a fan thought this up and got everybody going on it. if Sting were to sign with wwe i doubt that he would join the company just to lose to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. don't get me wrong, i would love to see this match. i just don't see any good possible way of it happening. if wwe did sign Sting, then its probably for the HOF & he likely wont wrestle. at least not full time anyway imo. but hey, stranger things have happened in wrestling, just look at the Shockmaster..

TJHawkesybaby
02-04-2011, 05:28 AM
ok, while Taker vs Sting would be amazing. i just have to ask one thing. where did the rumors start that Sting would even face Taker if he did join wwe? seems like a fan thought this up and got everybody going on it. if Sting were to sign with wwe i doubt that he would join the company just to lose to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. don't get me wrong, i would love to see this match. i just don't see any good possible way of it happening. if wwe did sign Sting, then its probably for the HOF & he likely wont wrestle. at least not full time anyway imo. but hey, stranger things have happened in wrestling, just look at the Shockmaster..

Have you been doing what that nun is doin in ur sig...???

Theres only one thing to do if they have Stinger come in.... and thats a match at Mania with Taker... theres no other reason for it to happen... and whos to say Sting would lose... he might be the only one to be able to the end the streak....?

Theres no band wagon to jump on with this idea... its the only idea that would possibly work!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Um... Taker had a 2 v 1 handicap match against Big Show and A-Train at Mania XIX. Do your research buddy.

The original match was a tag team match between the team of The Undertaker and Nathan Jones against the team of The Big Show and A-Train. It was then announced that The Undertaker would have to face both Show and Train in a Handicap match. Both Show and Train had the advantage of The Undertaker in the beginning of the match, however late into the match, Jones entered the match and attacked Show, which allowed The Undertaker to deliver a Tombstone piledriver on A-Train into a successful pinfall, thus The Undertaker won the match and remained undefeated at WrestleMania as we all know.

Tommy Thunder
02-04-2011, 05:44 AM
The original match was a tag team match between the team of The Undertaker and Nathan Jones against the team of The Big Show and A-Train. It was then announced that The Undertaker would have to face both Show and Train in a Handicap match. Both Show and Train had the advantage of The Undertaker in the beginning of the match, however late into the match, Jones entered the match and attacked Show, which allowed The Undertaker to deliver a Tombstone piledriver on A-Train into a successful pinfall, thus The Undertaker won the match and remained undefeated at WrestleMania as we all know.

Nice copy and paste from wikipedia there ;) Point is, it was a handicap match. Jones only interfered in that match. Although it was meant to be a tag match, it was turned into a handicap match.

TJHawkesybaby
02-04-2011, 05:51 AM
nice copy and paste from wikipedia there ;)

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!

cainecollin
02-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Have you been doing what that nun is doin in ur sig...???

Theres only one thing to do if they have Stinger come in.... and thats a match at Mania with Taker... theres no other reason for it to happen... and whos to say Sting would lose... he might be the only one to be able to the end the streak....?

Theres no band wagon to jump on with this idea... its the only idea that would possibly work!

What about Sting bringing the Undertaker back? you know like all those times Paul Bearer or "The Million Dollar Man" with the Fake Undertaker. Sting could act as Charon the Ferryman so to speak and they could as a team, due to bringing him back, utterly destroy all those behind his attack. (or you know maybe Taker found Sting on his journey to the darkside and brings him in himself)

And if it needed to come to a face-off against each other you could actually get a Full blown heel taker by getting him to turn on Sting after they finished off Nexus/Corre/Kane and anyone else that was "behind" the atack.

Although, I personally feel it is just an undertaker promo in general.

PJaybe
02-04-2011, 09:06 AM

On his back looking at the lights........

Philip

vbirwin
02-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I agree with 6max. Sting is the one Wrestling Icon who never jumped to WWE so his coming to WWE should be one of the biggest stories of the year and should be promoted with that importance. If they bring him in, that storyline should be about Sting with all the respect he deserves, not about coming in to do a job for Taker at Mania after just a couple of months in the company. While I would love to see a Taker/Sting match at Mania, if it's going to happen they should wait until next year because if Sting does appear at this years Mania he deserves his own match highlighting him not Taker. Ideally, bring Sting in, give him 2011 and this years Mania as a showcase for himself, and then build the Icons match for next years Mania as Takers last Mania appearance.

Of course this all depends on whether Sting is even coming in. I'm not convinced yet.

Automatic
02-04-2011, 09:42 AM
I rather have sting vs Taker next year, 3 weeks is waaay too short for them to build the anticipation. Give Sting a match this year @ WM, and then starting december, start building towards WM with them. If he has even signed.

TJHawkesybaby
02-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Good point boys.... BUT

Sting has already said he is gettin old and his performances in the ring are getting worse so even a year will make a massive difference...

Taker may not be here in a year, if he is itll be on a very limited schedule.

They will not need even 3 weeks to build this story for mania.... those 2 guys goin at it will be more than enough to draw they could the whole mania to themselves and would draw more than Miz vs whoever title match!

Lowki
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Wasn't that a handicap match 2 v 1?

Just read your latest post: Yes it was 'supposed' to be a tag match but i think it was either him or Vince wanted the streak to be something the Undertaker defended on his own. Fair enough interference, but it was still a 2 on 1 match.

----

Somebody mentioned the fact that this Sting v Undertaker scenarios were fan made and that's true. But It would be the most obvious Match to put together, so obvious even the WWE can't mess it up!! They are both similar characters; Dark, Brooding, supernatural figures but most of all, both Icons. They were both cornerstones of not just their feds, but also of wrestling as a whole. The only people i could have seen Sting possibly facing off that would do him justice would be the likes of Austin, The Rock, HBK and possibly Triple H. However, No fued would be as big as Undertaker v Sting, as you can tell by reading these forums. :)

ShockMaster
02-04-2011, 10:55 AM
It's not likely sting will face taker at WM as much as the 10 year old inside me would LOVE...LOVE...LOVE to see it. I would mark out hardcore if it did indeed happen. BUT Sting has said many times he fears how WWE would use him if he was ever to transfer over to their brand. Having him come in on such a grand stage to headline an event only to lose would not be in his best interest. Vince has wanted sting for years, part of me thinks thats why undertaker is even around. He's the deadpool to stings deathstroke. The Mario Lopez to stings erik estrada. The malnourished lesbian to stings justin bieber. If sting does come in I believe it will be to join the other fantasy HOF members that are joining this year. Think about it. Sting, luger, nash, savage and hbk potentially being inducted together? I'd take that if its the best they could offer. At 52 any WWE sting is a good one.

Lance Storm
02-04-2011, 11:01 AM
If you are going to do this match, Sting vs. Taker, you have to do it this year. They are one of the most polarizing wrestling characters in history. A month and some change is enough time to promo the hell out of this match, as you see on here with these two, hype is already present.

You can't wait till next year, these guys aren't getting any younger. Atlanta, home of WCW, the HOF...The time is now!

Rich Cranium
02-04-2011, 11:04 AM
I have to agree with 6carnage. Who's to say Sting will face UT at WM27? Shouldn't we want a 100% Undertaker and not a 50% one? Also, why can't Sting do his rafter thing and 'take out' the members of Nexus/Core? I really don't want to see him against Nash or Booker since they just came over from TNA but rather a WWE vet!

**Maybe Sting can knock the 'voices' out of Orton's head!

ShockMaster
02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
If you are going to do this match, Sting vs. Taker, you have to do it this year. They are one of the most polarizing wrestling characters in history. A month and some change is enough time to promo the hell out of this match, as you see on here with these two, hype is already present.

You can't wait till next year, these guys aren't getting any younger. Atlanta, home of WCW, the HOF...The time is now!

I personally think that barrett is being used as a rumored "hold over" rival until they get the real opponent for taker (sting?). Which is why I don't think his match is set in stone yet. Vince has his ideal match, and his fall back match. If you watched last nights impact (only reason I watched it was to see bischoffs reaction to booker and nash) you'll see he mentions sting not coming back. He also refers to booker as a nobody and nash as a cash chaser. So its in the realm of possibility that Vince is grabbing these guys for one last pull and stick it to bischoff on the 10 year anniversary of WCW's death. If Vincent Kennedy McMahon acquires Sting as an active member of his roster, he will have officially killed off the unoriginal and lackluster writing staff of bitchoff and russo. Thus OFFICIALLY ending whats left of the monday night war.

Lance Storm
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
I personally think that barrett is being used as a rumored "hold over" rival until they get the real opponent for taker (sting?). Which is why I don't think his match is set in stone yet. Vince has his ideal match, and his fall back match. If you watched last nights impact (only reason I watched it was to see bischoffs reaction to booker and nash) you'll see he mentions sting not coming back. He also refers to booker as a nobody and nash as a cash chaser. So its in the realm of possibility that Vince is grabbing these guys for one last pull and stick it to bischoff on the 10 year anniversary of WCW's death. If Vincent Kennedy McMahon acquires Sting as an active member of his roster, he will have officially killed off the unoriginal and lackluster writing staff of bitchoff and russo. Thus OFFICIALLY ending whats left of the monday night war.

Agreed. Getting Sting would be the nail in the coffin for Bischoff. Sting being the final WCW holdout. Look at this as a marketing venture. WM buyrates would revive the stock of the company, which is in the gutter right now. WWE Sting Bio DVD and Best of would sell a ton. This is the ultimate win, win for the WWE and Sting and for all us as wrestling fans.

TJHawkesybaby
02-04-2011, 11:20 AM
It's not likely sting will face taker at WM as much as the 10 year old inside me would LOVE...LOVE...LOVE to see it. I would mark out hardcore if it did indeed happen. BUT Sting has said many times he fears how WWE would use him if he was ever to transfer over to their brand. Having him come in on such a grand stage to headline an event only to lose would not be in his best interest. Vince has wanted sting for years, part of me thinks thats why undertaker is even around. He's the deadpool to stings deathstroke. The Mario Lopez to stings erik estrada. The malnourished lesbian to stings justin bieber. If sting does come in I believe it will be to join the other fantasy HOF members that are joining this year. Think about it. Sting, luger, nash, savage and hbk potentially being inducted together? I'd take that if its the best they could offer. At 52 any WWE sting is a good one.

Good points there but look at HBK he lost twice on the trott to Taker at WM that done him no harm... when your as big as people like HBK and Sting you dont need to worry about lossing do you....? Just a thought?

ShockMaster
02-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Agreed. Getting Sting would be the nail in the coffin for Bischoff. Sting being the final WCW holdout. Look at this as a marketing venture. WM buyrates would revive the stock of the company, which is in the gutter right now. WWE Sting Bio DVD and Best of would sell a ton. This is the ultimate win, win for the WWE and Sting and for all us as wrestling fans.

Definitely would be quite the win. Most people hate on WWE and their PG business but in all honesty WWE was PG before attitude era so those fans are just marks that like abortion storylines, blood, Screwjobs and CHAIRSHAWTZ OMGZZZ. I enjoy the superstar era's of ol'. Piper, savage, hogan (pre-96) etc. etc. We have Cena to stay as the staple big guy with a heart of gold. He's overpowered but his character allows him to be humanized. He's doing what hogan and bischoff could never do and that's allow other talent to have the spotlight while also maintaining his own. WWE is in fact the better brand in the sense they are just now righting all the mistakes of the attitude era.

Trips88
02-04-2011, 11:24 AM

First of all its not confirmed that it is Sting and even if it is who said that he's even gonna meet Taker at Mania? That's what we all wanna see not what we will for sure see. As for the Taker/Barrett situation, Taker isn't back and that storyline hasn't even started yet so there is no Taker/Barrett situation for Sting to be interjected into. All we have at this point is a statement from some exec that says that's the plan. I'll take it one further. What if Taker/Barrett was a fake storyline, made public knowledge so that when the promos started we fans, thinking that was already have the inside scoop, would say that its not Sting coming for Taker cuz WWE already has Taker/Barrett set up. Thus throwing us off and keeping the real story secret.

Lance Storm
02-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Definitely would be quite the win. Most people hate on WWE and their PG business but in all honesty WWE was PG before attitude era so those fans are just marks that like abortion storylines, blood, Screwjobs and CHAIRSHAWTZ OMGZZZ. I enjoy the superstar era's of ol'. Piper, savage, hogan (pre-96) etc. etc. We have Cena to stay as the staple big guy with a heart of gold. He's overpowered but his character allows him to be humanized. He's doing what hogan and bischoff could never do and that's allow other talent to have the spotlight while also maintaining his own. WWE is in fact the better brand in the sense they are just now righting all the mistakes of the attitude era.

Sting coming in would be the ONLY advantage of the PG Era

ShockMaster
02-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Good points there but look at HBK he lost twice on the trott to Taker at WM that done him no harm... when your as big as people like HBK and Sting you dont need to worry about lossing do you....? Just a thought?

Yeah but as stings debut plus all the fans he brings along..he might have to worry. If he loses he should stick around at least for a few months. Then again we would all probably get sick of him just like when taker first re-debuted after facing kane. This has to be done verrry carefully as to not tarnish stings character.

ShockMaster
02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
First of all its not confirmed that it is Sting and even if it is who said that he's even gonna meet Taker at Mania? That's what we all wanna see not what we will for sure see. As for the Taker/Barrett situation, Taker isn't back and that storyline hasn't even started yet so there is no Taker/Barrett situation for Sting to be interjected into. All we have at this point is a statement from some exec that says that's the plan. I'll take it one further. What if Taker/Barrett was a fake storyline, made public knowledge so that when the promos started we fans, thinking that was already have the inside scoop, would say that its not Sting coming for Taker cuz WWE already has Taker/Barrett set up. Thus throwing us off and keeping the real story secret.

I literally just said that lol

ShockMaster
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Sting coming in would be the ONLY advantage of the PG Era

Whaaaaat??? you don't like hornswoggle??? haha

Lowki
02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
The best thing is.. We know that WWE would probably use sting a lot better than TNA has. If any moment in time has harmed his gimmick it's most of his TNA run i'm afraid =/

Lance Storm
02-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Whaaaaat??? you don't like hornswoggle??? haha

I was hoping Sheamus would High Cross or Powerbomb him so hard that he would retire him like he did to Jamie Noble.

Androo
02-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Shouldnt this just be in the other main thread for all this STING SPECULATION?

Anyway....at the moment > Undertaker v Wade Barrett. Sting signs then it could be > Undertaker v Sting. > Leaves Barrett out.... therefore > Wade Barrett and Ezekiel Jackson v Big Show and Kevin Nash....there were hints in the Rumble match and the Big Shows problems with the Corre on Smackdown!!

Rich Cranium
02-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking Nash vs. Show at WM27 which is not too far away but will it be enough time for Undertaker to finish healing and enough for these UT and Sting to build a successful storyline?

Will Booker be announcing at WM or will he wrestle? I'm hoping for the latter!

KSTornado
02-04-2011, 01:31 PM
If Sting does come to WWE the only possible match for Mania would have to be against Undertaker. Undetaker has put down everyone in the WWE/WWF. He has faced everyone in wrestling.......except for Sting. With Sting being such an icon it makes the only sense that those two would face off at Mania. There's only one person the Undertaker has never faced who was someone and that is Sting which would be the final notch on Taker's belt and to be honest it makes sense for Sting to just say that the only reason he came to the WWE was to go for Taker's streak. Again, this is only if Sting comes to WWE but would be one of the best stories in a very long time and the hype and ppv buys would be off the chart. I think Vince just needs to open his pocket book up for it.

Pittbull
02-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I still believe that it will be the Undertaker vs Wade Barrett at WM! I can't see this promo leading itself to being sting, and if sting was to come into the WWE it will literally be at Wrestlemania and to help The Undertaker keep his streak in tact.

And as many have said maybe lead upto something at next years WM, but doubt this... he would only be tied down to a short term deal

Rich Cranium
02-04-2011, 02:03 PM
And as many have said maybe lead upto something at next years WM, but doubt this... he would only be tied down to a short term deal

Sting would want a short term deal but with Nash and Booker having long term deals, I'm sure that's what the WWE would also want from him so it's all about negotiations!

himfandelux
02-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot. Even though RAW is the flagship program, it just doesn't make sense for Sting to debut on RAW if he's going to feud with the Undertaker. I think, personally for me, the best case scenario is Sting/Punk. I think those two would have a great match, and they have a similar style with the way they cut promos. Punk can play a really good anti-christ, sadistic role...and so can sting. I think the in ring segments between the two would be some of the most amazing promo work ever.

But see, I just still dont get how this is all going to work, cause it seems like the WM card was pretty much set, and now if Sting does get thrown into the mix, who is he going to feud with, and whoever he does feud with, what happens to the person that THAT guy was supposed to feud with. example: if he does feud with Undertaker, where does that leave Barret for Mania? If he feuds with Punk, where does that leave Orton, or Cena? If he feuds with Punk, i think we're gonna see Cena/Orton for the millionth time, which i just dont give a shit about anymore. In fact, im getting tired of Orton now too. He's a good tweener, but i think he cuts really lousy drawn out boring promos. He was so much better as a heel.

anyway, yeah, I'm honestly starting to think it might be Punk/Sting. Just sounds good on paper to me.

thejman93
02-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot. Even though RAW is the flagship program, it just doesn't make sense for Sting to debut on RAW if he's going to feud with the Undertaker. I think, personally for me, the best case scenario is Sting/Punk. I think those two would have a great match, and they have a similar style with the way they cut promos. Punk can play a really good anti-christ, sadistic role...and so can sting. I think the in ring segments between the two would be some of the most amazing promo work ever.

But see, I just still dont get how this is all going to work, cause it seems like the WM card was pretty much set, and now if Sting does get thrown into the mix, who is he going to feud with, and whoever he does feud with, what happens to the person that THAT guy was supposed to feud with. example: if he does feud with Undertaker, where does that leave Barret for Mania? If he feuds with Punk, where does that leave Orton, or Cena? If he feuds with Punk, i think we're gonna see Cena/Orton for the millionth time, which i just dont give a shit about anymore. In fact, im getting tired of Orton now too. He's a good tweener, but i think he cuts really lousy drawn out boring promos. He was so much better as a heel.

anyway, yeah, I'm honestly starting to think it might be Punk/Sting. Just sounds good on paper to me.

While Punk-Sting sounds cool and could lead to some fantastic promos it won't happen. The ONLY reason why WWE would sign Sting is to a. sell WCW DVD's and other merch and b. Set up the dream match beween Sting and The Undertker.

The Brown One
02-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Sting has stated in a past interview that he didn't sign with WWE because they wouldn't use him right. They would put him into edgy roles(it was the Attitude Era at the time I think), and that would be asinine, because he had found God. Well now its the PG era, so they don't go overboard on anything, so Sting need not worry about being put into uncomfortable storylines. Also, he said that WWE wouldn't use him right. Well, Taker vs Sting sounds good to me!

By the way, whoever says theres 3 weeks to build up a Sting-Taker feud is wrong. Theres actually 5-6 weeks after the 2.21.11 date till WM to build it up. So if they did try to build it up, they have plenty of time.

machoo mann
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
How are they gonna deal with the Nexus/Kane/Taker/Buried Alive storyline? Is it set to side now when Nexus has split up to The Corre and New Nexus?

wkbrdrwk15
02-04-2011, 08:39 PM
so what happens if it isnt sting? what happen if we all are shocked by it being awesome kong?

peppermill25
02-04-2011, 08:50 PM
To say that Sting and taker wont go at it at mania because they are both faces, is wrong. 2 of the biggest stars in the history of wrestling period, can go at it both as faces. Taker will win the fans in the arena because its fuckin Wrestlemnia. I just dont know how sting would feel about showing up at mania to lose. and when was the last time sting put on a solid match??