PDA

View Full Version : They's Promo

68wPayne
02-03-2011, 11:03 PM
AJ Styles promo on Impact was excellent. I really like how AJ was the mouthpiece of the whole group and voiced pretty much all of the complaints of the IWC. Throw the "We Want 6 Sides" chant the crowd had going was icing on the cake. IMO complain about They was stupid or whatnot, I think having Steiner and Angle standing behind AJ letting him doing the talking and not overshadowing him will give AJ the boost he needs to get back in the main event and make him the major player he used to be.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Damn, beat me to it.

I completely agree. Probably the best promo I've ever seen AJ cut, and you could tell it's because it was from his heart. I still believe the original idea was for MEM to be They, and yes seeing it was Fortune made it sound stupid, but for that being a big fumble they recovered pretty nicely.

Still would have been better if They had been older TNA guys like Christopher Daniels, Sonjay Dutt, and Petey Williams and AJ had just turned face on Fortune and Immortal while still putting the storyline where it's at now.

Overall the Immortal storyline has been crap. BUT it could have a great ending if done right. Dixie and her guys of MOSTLY TNA "Originals" (hate that term, they've ALL wrestled somewhere else before, maybe not to national exposure and didn't START in TNA. IMO Angle is an "Original", he's been there for years and the majority of the time since the switch to Spike.) fighting off BiscHogan, restoring the true glory of the X Divison (Destination X (the TRUE TNA PPV of the year) is coming up in a few months...) and YES BRING BACK THE SIX SIDED RING! I know the Impact crowd gets a lot of crap here (and sometimes rightfully so) but I love a lot of the chants and they were spot on with that one. Honestly, the Impact crowd seems like a lot more fun than a WWE crowd.

Bleh, I usually try to construct my posts better than that rambling, horrid, n00blike paragraph of parentheses and commas. But I'm too lazy to edit it. And I'm still rambling. Cheers!

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I believe TNA knew all along they wouldn't be able to get the original MEM back together, at least not Booker T!

IPOOPINTHEBATH
02-03-2011, 11:26 PM
I believe TNA knew all along they wouldn't be able to get the original MEM back together, at least not Booker T!

But they were obviously trying to get Nash, I bet they didn't really think they could lose Sting either.

68wPayne
02-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Yeah, but for a fumble they sure did recover pretty good.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-03-2011, 11:35 PM
I agree, AJ's promo was gold! TNA still has a chance to re-sign Sting cuz I really doubt he's refused to sign back with TNA. If Sting comes back, and joins the Fortune faction, he would make a great asset with a mix of vets and rising stars. One can only wonder where Flair would fit in all this, since he's the leader.

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 11:39 PM
I agree, AJ's promo was gold! TNA still has a chance to re-sign Sting cuz I really doubt he's refused to sign back with TNA. If Sting comes back, and joins the Fortune faction, he would make a great asset with a mix of vets and rising stars. One can only wonder where Flair would fit in all this, since he's the leader.

First, Flair is out with an injury and with his age, it may take a while but then again it doesn't stop his mouth.
Second, I asked Sting in my thoughts to join the WWE and dammit, he's listening ;)

The Brown One
02-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Damn, beat me to it.

I completely agree. Probably the best promo I've ever seen AJ cut, and you could tell it's because it was from his heart. I still believe the original idea was for MEM to be They, and yes seeing it was Fortune made it sound stupid, but for that being a big fumble they recovered pretty nicely.

Still would have been better if They had been older TNA guys like Christopher Daniels, Sonjay Dutt, and Petey Williams and AJ had just turned face on Fortune and Immortal while still putting the storyline where it's at now.

Overall the Immortal storyline has been crap. BUT it could have a great ending if done right. Dixie and her guys of MOSTLY TNA "Originals" (hate that term, they've ALL wrestled somewhere else before, maybe not to national exposure and didn't START in TNA. IMO Angle is an "Original", he's been there for years and the majority of the time since the switch to Spike.) fighting off BiscHogan, restoring the true glory of the X Divison (Destination X (the TRUE TNA PPV of the year) is coming up in a few months...) and YES BRING BACK THE SIX SIDED RING! I know the Impact crowd gets a lot of crap here (and sometimes rightfully so) but I love a lot of the chants and they were spot on with that one. Honestly, the Impact crowd seems like a lot more fun than a WWE crowd.

Bleh, I usually try to construct my posts better than that rambling, horrid, n00blike paragraph of parentheses and commas. But I'm too lazy to edit it. And I'm still rambling. Cheers!

Destination X hasn't been the PPV of the year for a long time. But they do look like they are beefing it up with top stars and better action again(except for Robbie E).

Its nice to see that AJ finally turned face again, and returned to his former glory. That must have been the best promo hes delivered in..ever! I don't know how scripted that promo of his was, but it sounded real, and had alot of truth behind it. Thank God AJ is out of Fortune/Immortal.

wallyman
02-04-2011, 12:53 AM
AJ Styles promo on Impact was excellent. I really like how AJ was the mouthpiece of the whole group and voiced pretty much all of the complaints of the IWC. Throw the "We Want 6 Sides" chant the crowd had going was icing on the cake. IMO complain about They was stupid or whatnot, I think having Steiner and Angle standing behind AJ letting him doing the talking and not overshadowing him will give AJ the boost he needs to get back in the main event and make him the major player he used to be.

that promo said everything we all been complaining about...how hogan and bischoff ruin tnas momentum...but i think they are back on tract now...and i love the fact that aj cut the promo and not angle or steiner...beer kaz and aj is tna plain and simple...i am so hooked on tna right now...as far as sting goes let him go to wwe i think he cannot do much in tna right now lets the young guys come out...if he goes to wwe and comeback it will have a bigger impact in tna :)

The Brown One
02-04-2011, 01:16 AM
that promo said everything we all been complaining about...how hogan and bischoff ruin tnas momentum...but i think they are back on tract now...and i love the fact that aj cut the promo and not angle or steiner...beer kaz and aj is tna plain and simple...i am so hooked on tna right now...as far as sting goes let him go to wwe i think he cannot do much in tna right now lets the young guys come out...if he goes to wwe and comeback it will have a bigger impact in tna :)

I'm glad you see that younger stars are what made TNA great in the first place. TNA need to go back to that, and using their originals(who were younger before).

Rebel Lion
02-04-2011, 02:42 AM
"They" had a great night tonight. A.J. Styles is clearly a face, and should never try that heel bit again. TNA actually salvaged the debockle that was on the horizon, created by the original MEM guys (whom I'm almost certain TNA were banking on for the original angle) not coming through. If this storyline is executed the right way, we may see the return of the TNA we once came to know and love. Oh, and I loved the "we want 6 sides" chant. Best thing the TNA barn people have ever done. I, for one, want 6 sides back as well....that would be the icing on the proverbial cake!!

World B. Free
02-04-2011, 02:44 AM
I'm glad you see that younger stars are what made TNA great in the first place. TNA need to go back to that, and using their originals(who were younger before).

Well said... It should be "They" the TNA originals vs the WWE/WCW/ECW rejects!!! :)

THEKEVINBRAND
02-04-2011, 02:47 AM
First, Flair is out with an injury and with his age, it may take a while but then again it doesn't stop his mouth.
Second, I asked Sting in my thoughts to join the WWE and dammit, he's listening ;)

I know that Flair is out with a torn rotator cuff, but you never know like you said Fortune is revolved around Flair as the mouthpiece. And I can't wait to see if Sting is actually listening or he actually heard something else jk.

Azazel
02-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Completely agree with the OP. Best move TNA could do since they lost Nash, Booker, (Sting?? ) ..

drumgod
02-04-2011, 08:31 AM
AJ promo = EPIC! THIS is the AJ we NEED. Keep it up kid..
+
6 sided ring = TNA ORIGINAL. For the love of god bring it back. It was what made TNA stand out in the first place.
---------------------------------------------
= Greatness for TNA. Do this TNA and we WILL watch.

HolyJose2391
02-04-2011, 10:43 AM
such a great promo they acknowledge everything we complained about! and loved how it was AJ who delivered the promo really shows they want TNA back to the old ways. also kinda makes sense since Rude was like "What do you mean we're they!"

Lance Storm
02-04-2011, 11:11 AM

I couldn't explain it any better. It was a shoot to a degree. The crowd was a wrestling crowd and not just a free ticket with purchase of a Universal Studio Pass crowd. AJ needs to be the point man in TNA to make in competitive again. THANK YOU AJ STYLES!

chunkkynutzzz
02-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Aj styles is horrible on the Mic and it sounded like he wasn't sure about what he was saying....Robert Roode will shine out of all this...in overall I like the way this is going...

Lowki
02-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Aj styles is horrible on the Mic and it sounded like he wasn't sure about what he was saying....Robert Roode will shine out of all this...in overall I like the way this is going...
I am still waiting for this to air in the UK but it looks interesting. AJs only weakness is his mic skills tbh. Roode reminds me of HHH and always thought he was one of the best talents in TNA.

Well said... It should be "They" the TNA originals vs the WWE/WCW/ECW rejects!!! :)
As horrible as this sounds...it will more than likely happen. The reason for this? It has been done before to an extent (Millionaires Club vs New blood). The people behind the storyline are involved with TNA so aslogn as they stay, this will eventually happen i have no doubts about that. Russo loves recycling storylines, swerves, run-ins and factions.

VKM
02-05-2011, 12:26 AM

You really thought his promo was bad. What have you've been drinking. Like AJ Styles said "You STUPID BASTARD!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj-c0QCIPSY&feature=player_detailpage

TJHawkesybaby
02-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Do you know what.... I marked out big time when the whole thing happened! Ive just this second watched it and thought id zoom right on here to give a thumbs up! Top stuff!

It was more of a shoot than a promo though and im pretty sure what both AJ and Bish were saying to each other wasnt scripted at all... especially AJ calling him a "bastard"! Im very happy.... here starts the demise of the regime and the rise once more of TNA... or has there been too much damage... we shall see?

xCOPELANDx sXe
02-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Am I the only person who can't take this storyline seriously, just because of the fact that it always leads to horrible grammar?

WWTNA Mark
02-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Am I the only person who can't take this storyline seriously, just because of the fact that it always leads to horrible grammar?

Blame it on AJ and Steiner to fuck up a promo! Good promo from Styles though.