PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Nash's Answer to TNA Success!

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Kevin Nash recently tweeted the following on how to create an impactful TNA and as we all know Nash should have been in Jerry Maguire with his 'Show me the Money'. His idea is really a rehashed WCW which was a sinking ship. Thoughts?

When wcw took over the WWE for the short time we did, it's bc Ted Turner paid HUGE $ for talent. Wanna put tna on the map, Mrs. Carter? Set aside $50m. Start with Cena and work backwards. Don't walk into a Mercedes showroom and ask what new AMG S-63 I can buy for $25K.

Rassling_Fan
02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Isn't that his answer to everything?

World B. Free
02-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Kinda makes you wonder if TNA would fork up the money, would guys like Cena, Orton, or Punk join the company?

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Kinda makes you wonder if TNA would fork up the money, would guys like Cena, Orton, or Punk join the company?

I really don't see any of the three you mentioned jumping ship, especially Cena. All they gotta do is talk to Bret Hart to see it's a no brainer!

Stinger187
02-03-2011, 02:52 PM
and what did that get WcW sold to the WWE no more than 3 years later!

World B. Free
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Good point... Maybe Bret Hart can bring "Team Canada" back and have a fued with Immortal, "They", or Fortune?

R.SEXTON99
02-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Seeing that 3 out of 5 members of Team Canada are dead, I doubt that.

Bodom
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Seeing that 3 out of 5 members of Team Canada are dead, I doubt that.

One actually.

R.SEXTON99
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Bret Hart -Alive
Jim Nidehart- Alive
Owen Hart- Dead
Davey Boy Smith- Dead
Brian Pillman-Dead

Regardless of the Nationality, they were Team Canada.

Bodom
02-03-2011, 03:19 PM
That was a reformed Hart Foundation. Not Team Canada.

Similar to a "Team Canada" but not an actual Team Canada

Lowki
02-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Good point... Maybe Bret Hart can bring "Team Canada" back and have a fued with Immortal, "They", or Fortune?

Is it only me that thinks he is referring to the TNA team canada?

Bodom is right..the only other "team canada" was briefly in WCW and the "unamericans" who also went by the name of Team canada.

World B. Free
02-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Bret Hart -Alive
Jim Nidehart- Alive
Owen Hart- Dead
Davey Boy Smith- Dead
Brian Pillman-Dead

Regardless of the Nationality, they were Team Canada.

Wasn't that the Hart Foundation? I was thinking of:
"Coach" Scott D'Amore
Teddy Hart
Jack Evans
Johnny Devine
Petey Williams (had one of the best finishers ever!)

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Petey Williams (had one of the best finishers ever!)

Canadian Destroyer is awesome!

captainmoonlight
02-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Nash is right to an extent, but there's a few other things

Even by 96 wcw was pretty big. They were adding money to flair,luger, Anderson, sting and so on.

They'd also had other wrestlers that went to wwf, I remember wanting to know where farooq and vader came from and used to buy a wrestling mag that covered both promotions.

On top of this they had an mid card that in my opinion still kicked the whole of Tna's arse Nevermind the x division.

There was also ecw, not massive but a good breeding ground for both companies, I guess we have roh but wwe just dwarfs both now.

wallyman
02-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Kevin Nash recently tweeted the following on how to create an impactful TNA and as we all know Nash should have been in Jerry Maguire with his 'Show me the Money'. His idea is really a rehashed WCW which was a sinking ship. Thoughts?

When wcw took over the WWE for the short time we did, it's bc Ted Turner paid HUGE $ for talent. Wanna put tna on the map, Mrs. Carter? Set aside $50m. Start with Cena and work backwards. Don't walk into a Mercedes showroom and ask what new AMG S-63 I can buy for $25K.

did nash forget to mention he got over half a mill just do to impact....burry all the talent....and never put up a decent match....just wondering money aint the answer to everything i mean it does help alot...but u can sped 1 billion dollars but i am sure if new talent doesnt get put over it wont matter...nash is an idiot...hes in it for the money and himself i am glad he left tna

The Brown One
02-03-2011, 04:47 PM
did nash forget to mention he got over half a mill just do to impact....burry all the talent....and never put up a decent match....just wondering money aint the answer to everything i mean it does help alot...but u can sped 1 billion dollars but i am sure if new talent doesnt get put over it wont matter...nash is an idiot...hes in it for the money and himself i am glad he left tna

For once I agree with you.
Nash is money hungry. We can all see that.
But his "idea" only works for him. TNA has many of WWE's big stars that left WWE a long time ago. They have the resources, but they don't know how to use them. They put them in storylines that turn out to be pointless, and a letdown. Hiring ex-WWE talent again and again isn't the answer. Its the storylines.

HeelTurn
02-03-2011, 04:51 PM
One actually.

Woah, which 1 from Team Canada died?

Robstar
02-03-2011, 05:16 PM
It's unfair to single Nash out as the only money hungry one. All the top stars negotiate their contracts to get the best possible (i.e. most money) deal they can. Do you think Cena, Orton and co would be so absolutely pro-WWE if they were getting paid $35k a year instead of six-figure deals they work on now. Like it or not, money makes the world work and to mis-represent some talents as someone who might 'do it for free', is just not right.

Like any other athlete in the upper tier, or any tier for that matter, they want to get paid accordingly, while they can still ride the gravy train - because that shit doesn't last forever. And as for the business side - another fact - is that you have to spend money to make money.

The Brown One
02-03-2011, 05:25 PM
It's unfair to single Nash out as the only money hungry one. All the top stars negotiate their contracts to get the best possible (i.e. most money) deal they can. Do you think Cena, Orton and co would be so absolutely pro-WWE if they were getting paid $35k a year instead of six-figure deals they work on now. Like it or not, money makes the world work and to mis-represent some talents as someone who might 'do it for free', is just not right.

Like any other athlete in the upper tier, or any tier for that matter, they want to get paid accordingly, while they can still ride the gravy train - because that shit doesn't last forever. And as for the business side - another fact - is that you have to spend money to make money.

That is also true. I think Nash however, wants big money to appear anywhere, but hes open about it. He can't really contribute to the wrestling business as much as he used to, and is still asking for big money. Many legends will do that, and TNA will happily oblige, thinking that the appearance of legends will bring them ratings. Its proven to work(Hogan, Flair). But those ratings will go down again to the usual standard the next week. They seriously need to work harder on their storylines.

Adam3330
02-03-2011, 05:56 PM
I really don't see any of the three you mentioned jumping ship, especially Cena. All they gotta do is talk to Bret Hart to see it's a no brainer!

Or Orton for that fact concidering he signed a 10 year contract with WWE last year!!!
Now thats dedication.

Stump
02-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Mike Awesome died. However, I believe he was referring to the TNA version. Awesome was a member of the original version in WCW.

HeelTurn
02-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Mike Awesome died. However, I believe he was referring to the TNA version. Awesome was a member of the original version in WCW.

Ah right I know about Awesome, I thought he meant the TNA version, I was thinking A1.

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Or Orton for that fact concidering he signed a 10 year contract with WWE last year!!!
Now thats dedication.

Didn't Bret Hart sign a 20 year deal prior to joining WCW? In other words, contracts CAN be broken if both sides agree!

Iron Ape
02-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Part of me thinks that Nash is just hilariously trolling Dixie and trying to get her to spend $50 million; part of me also thinks that she might be dumb enough to fall for it.

CobraNightviper
02-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I thought team canada was in tna not wwe?

CobraNightviper
02-03-2011, 06:42 PM
damn how many team canada's is there so far iv'e counted 3

HeelTurn
02-03-2011, 06:47 PM
damn how many team canada's is there so far iv'e counted 3

TNA and WCW, WWE had a couple of Canadian factions but I dont think any were called Team Canada.

Lowki
02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
The WCW one; Mike awesome.

Edit: The only official ones is TNAs "Williams, A1, Hart, Roode etc"
WCW with Awesome, skipper, hart, rogeaux.
wwf was the unamericans.

The Brown One
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Part of me thinks that Nash is just hilariously trolling Dixie and trying to get her to spend $50 million; part of me also thinks that she might be dumb enough to fall for it.

Its possible :P
The other people in a high position in the company could convince her to do it.

SevenCagedTigers
02-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Ah right I know about Awesome, I thought he meant the TNA version, I was thinking A1.

I love how one mis-stated fact causes 3 pages of panic. This is how rumors get started

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I love how one mis-stated fact causes 3 pages of panic. This is how rumors get started

Yeah, I started this thread on Kevin Nash's idea for TNA and now were stuck on Team Canada but then again, most threads are easily derailed!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-04-2011, 12:27 AM
There were many variations of Team Canada in wrestling

WWF was the re-formed Hart Foundation with Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart, The British Bulldog, and Brian Pillman (all of whom worked for Stampede Wrestling in Canada)

WCW had Team Canada for about a year with Carl Oulette (former Quebecer and the former Jean-Pierre Lafitte), Jacques Rougeau (another former quebecer and was part of the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers), Elix Skipper and Lance Storm all of whom were Canadian and also had Mike Awesome, Jim Duggan and Major Gunns (with Bret Hart for one night).

WWE had The Un-Americans with Canadians Christian, Lance Storm and Test alongside Englishman William Regal

and finally TNA had their own Team Canada (in which was a stable in TNA and some members were only there for the World X Cup Tournament) they were:
A-1 (2005–2006)
Scott D'Amore (2004–2006) (final coach)
Johnny Devine (2004–2006)
Tyson Dux (2006)
Jack Evans (2004)
Teddy Hart (2004) (former captain)
Bobby Roode (now known as Robert Roode) (2004–2006)
Ruffy Silverstein (2004)
Petey Williams (2004–2006) (final captain)
Eric Young (2004–2006)