PDA

View Full Version : R-Truth, the real truth?

CMhuw24
02-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Ive been watching R-Truth very much recently and it seems to me, that he is turning into quite the jobber?
I meen sure they portray him as a mid card maineventer but what credibility has he had recently?
I think its been about 3-4weeks now, and hes lost to Del Rio twice, lasted in the Rumble for less than two minutes, on NXT this week he lost to Daniel Bryan and Derrick Bateman?
Apart from his win againt Tyson Kidd on superstars last week, when did he actually win last?
And now i know WWE shows him as a top level mid carder, but the guy hasent won against a decent opponent in ages and he is starting to drop for me.
Not only that but his finisher really needs to be sorted, hell even use the scissor kick more, anything but that crappy lie detector.
Thoughts?

Tommy Thunder
02-03-2011, 05:55 AM
I like Truth. He's a great wrestler and fantastic to watch in the ring. His gimmick is a problem though. I know he's 'just being himself', something which a lot of wrestlers crave, but the company they work for won't let them. I think his rapper gimmick would work if they tweaked it a bit.
As for his finisher. He needs to go back to using the scissors/axe kick (although with Booker back, I'm not sure if they'll let him). If you look at his wikipedia page, he has a few moves that he could use as his finisher instead of that corkscrew flying forearm. His vertical suplex stunner (Truth or Consequences) is pretty awesome.

CMhuw24
02-03-2011, 06:31 AM
I like Truth. He's a great wrestler and fantastic to watch in the ring. His gimmick is a problem though. I know he's 'just being himself', something which a lot of wrestlers crave, but the company they work for won't let them. I think his rapper gimmick would work if they tweaked it a bit.
As for his finisher. He needs to go back to using the scissors/axe kick (although with Booker back, I'm not sure if they'll let him). If you look at his wikipedia page, he has a few moves that he could use as his finisher instead of that corkscrew flying forearm. His vertical suplex stunner (Truth or Consequences) is pretty awesome.

I agree with the suplex stunner as a finisher for him, but i think he should use something new and creative.
And for his gimmick, it would be awesome if it wasent PG i beleive he'd have alot of potential while with PG he can only stick to being a nice rapper.

Wedge_00
02-03-2011, 07:32 AM
I think he needs a decent feud for him... I think he could go heads up with Tarver on his return... He needs to lose the rap gimmick, and become a little more brutal.. He also is okay as a face, they just need someone for him to go over on and off like Tarver

Saiga
02-03-2011, 07:41 AM
r-truth starting a feud with michael tarver wont do much for his credibility ....

The Brown One
02-03-2011, 07:44 AM
It looks like they have forgotten about Truth, and have lost faith in him since the oldies are back, and other stars are being pushed. He'l be there in the Elimination Chamber match, which would be an honor(if the WWE title was defended in there like it was last year), and he could have a chance at the title, but he won't win it. Bryan could be in the Chamber match, but they put Truth in there instead. All hope is not lost for him.

But I'm still not a fan of his wrestling. Promo-wise, hes good, but his matches are repetitive, and he should indeed go back to using Truth or Consequences.

HeelTurn
02-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Yeah they dont really seem to know what to do with Truth, at the Rumble he lasted only 30 seconds, less than the 39 other competitors. However the next night on Raw he eliminated Orton from the Raw Rumble.

SaberToothTigerz
02-03-2011, 08:43 AM
lol truth no longer carries eve on his pocket

Rassling_Fan
02-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Keep in mind R-Truth got eliminated thanks to Nexus. Kind of hard to last more then a minute with a group of people. And funny thing is, he lasted longer then Tyler Reks and Vladimir Kozlov put together. In fact, during the Nexus united part of the Rumble, he was the third longest one to stand against them. (If you ignore Cena)

Kid_Gangsta
02-03-2011, 08:53 AM
ehh, R-Truth is just...there to me. I don't see why ppl like him. The "Whats Up?" thing is okay but what else is there? In the ring its the same ol same, he comes out strong in the beging, then he gets beat up for like 10 minutes, then he does his little 3 or 4 moves then he goes for the axe kick, misses the axe kick, then he gets pinned. Really repetitive. Maybe if they make him more agressive or trun him heel, he would benifit, but the man is in his late 30's so i doubt that would happen...

Xpacfan
02-03-2011, 11:04 AM
R-Truth is misused and being buried under crap like Miz and Cena. End of story!

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 11:08 AM
lol truth no longer carries eve on his pocket

Probably because R Truth has What's Up turrets! That's why she left him.

CobraNightviper
02-03-2011, 12:58 PM
I never really cared for K-kwik oh wait he's R-Truth now same gimmick though.

AgeoftheFallguy
02-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Ehh The guy is ok by me. I dont hate him. he has his momments when hes really funny like on NXT and he gets chants going "Turd Fergeson"(need to see Bateman calling Ziggler this). People love a great tag line and his just works so hes super popular. Thats why he can afford to lose to Delrio and still be really over with fans. It was problay more a push for Del rio then to downplay Truth. I mean the guy was tag champs with Pacman Jones in TNA LOL. He was basically doing both roles since pacman couldent even be touched in a match since he had no compete or something. It does say alot that hes some how mixed in the Chamber match now so maybe that will lead to future fueds. I hope Dragon gets a good match by then so hes not left by the side for Mania.

KJ PUNK
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
I honestly have never enjoyed a R-Truth match. And he definitely needs a new finisher.

K-Jammin
02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
i use to like him in TNA, but now whenever i hear " What's Up?" i get so angry i end up backhanding my own mother

The Brown One
02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
ehh, R-Truth is just...there to me. I don't see why ppl like him. The "Whats Up?" thing is okay but what else is there? In the ring its the same ol same, he comes out strong in the beging, then he gets beat up for like 10 minutes, then he does his little 3 or 4 moves then he goes for the axe kick, misses the axe kick, then he gets pinned. Really repetitive. Maybe if they make him more agressive or trun him heel, he would benifit, but the man is in his late 30's so i doubt that would happen...

Hes actually over 40.