PDA

View Full Version : Undisputed championship!!!

the wrestling shade
02-02-2011, 04:14 AM
As i remember there was a talk a while ago that WWE would reunite the titles once again at wrestlemania to bring back the undisputed championship but as time gone by those rumors died. personaly i would love to see the undisputed championship back in the WWE because i feel that one heavywight title would be more important than two but now looks like its gone
thought anyone!!??

Tommy Thunder
02-02-2011, 04:24 AM
I want this to happen. Having just one main title in the company would restore credibility and prestige to the title. Having just one title means that the company are truly behind the one guy that carries the strap, and that the company truly believes that they are the MVP of the company.
The only thing is, if/when they do it, I hope they don't keep the horrible spinner belt. I know there's talk of a new belt, but WWE have disappointed us before. I hope they either keep the WHC belt, or use a belt similar to the undisputed championship they used in SVR 08 (I think, a big silver and gold one I think?). And I hope thy call it the 'WWE World Heavyweight Title' and not 'The WWE Title'.

And the one and only candidate to be the one who unifies the belts: Y2J; Chris Jericho.

Snair
02-02-2011, 05:12 AM
I think its not gonna happen anytime soon because that will mean they'll have to make drastic changes all ppv formats.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 05:17 AM
I want this to happen. Having just one main title in the company would restore credibility and prestige to the title. Having just one title means that the company are truly behind the one guy that carries the strap, and that the company truly believes that they are the MVP of the company.
The only thing is, if/when they do it, I hope they don't keep the horrible spinner belt. I know there's talk of a new belt, but WWE have disappointed us before. I hope they either keep the WHC belt, or use a belt similar to the undisputed championship they used in SVR 08 (I think, a big silver and gold one I think?). And I hope thy call it the 'WWE World Heavyweight Title' and not 'The WWE Title'.

And the one and only candidate to be the one who unifies the belts: Y2J; Chris Jericho.

lol I like the throw back Y2J reference to unifying the titles. It'll never happen though. Both brands need a masthead and both brands do live shows, TV shows, house shows, and tours and one guy cant be there for all of those events.

Rebel Lion
02-02-2011, 05:28 AM
To take in one step further, I would not only like to see a unification of the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships....but also a unification of the Raw & SmackDown! rosters. The brand split had it's novelty and served it's purpose, but now is the time to do away with it. Have one unified WWE Champion, a great stable of contenders that could feud with each other when not going for the gold. As it is now, the world title picture is stale. Who's looking forward to Miz-Cena at Wrestlemania?? I know who has two thumbs and is not: This guy right here!! One champ, one roster, and the world title picture is hot again. Think of the possibilities, as its currently set up. Miz-Mysterio, Ziggler-Morrison, Edge-Sheamus, Orton-Kane, Cena-Del Rio.....The possibilities are endless. At least better that the recycled, rehashed crap they shove down our throats every week...IMO.

Tommy Thunder
02-02-2011, 05:43 AM
lol I like the throw back Y2J reference to unifying the titles. It'll never happen though. Both brands need a masthead and both brands do live shows, TV shows, house shows, and tours and one guy cant be there for all of those events.

If the roster split ended, then anything would be possible.

The Brown One
02-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Snair is right with this one. WWE wouldn't go to that much trouble, to unify the titles.
There have been teases towards the idea of having a world title unification match at WM, with the WWE having Edge and Miz face off week after week before the Royal Rumble.

But I doubt it will happen, since plans are more or less in place for this year's Mania.

Tommy Thunder
02-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Snair is right with this one. WWE wouldn't go to that much trouble, to unify the titles.
There have been teases towards the idea of having a world title unification match at WM, with the WWE having Edge and Miz face off week after week before the Royal Rumble.

But I doubt it will happen, since plans are more or less in place for this year's Mania.

I'm not saying it will happen anytime soon, certainly not at Mania this year. But I do think WWE want to do it at some point down the line. And let's be honest, Wrestlemania is the only ppv something like this should happen. But like I said, It's definitely not happening this year.

The Brown One
02-02-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm not saying it will happen anytime soon, certainly not at Mania this year. But I do think WWE want to do it at some point down the line. And let's be honest, Wrestlemania is the only ppv something like this should happen. But like I said, It's definitely not happening this year.

Yeah anything less than Mania wouldn't be right for the title. I know the first time, it was done at Vengeance, but now it would be less than perfect to do it anywhere else but Mania. Maybe in a few years time.

Stinger187
02-02-2011, 08:08 AM
This will never happen because it's to creative and to much change for the writers!

Trips88
02-02-2011, 08:24 AM

BUUUUUT what if they had ADR vs Edge vs Miz for the undisputed title the winner goes on to face King later that night for the title and the winner of that match gets to call out Riley and kick him square in the dick are hard as they can. O and Cole will be the guest ref for it all lmao

captainmoonlight
02-02-2011, 08:48 AM
i think another poster had it spot on. too much touring for one champ.

also, i'd be just glad to see the back of the spinner, doesn't even look like a championship belt.

I wish you could still create a belt in SVR, i wanna biggish belt with plates down the side like a boxing belt. maybe a massive strap but not as much gold as the WHC

SaberToothTigerz
02-02-2011, 09:40 AM
plus unifying the tittles would mean less individual matchs at ppv's and more triple threats and fatal 4 ways since with only 1 tittle and 1 top champ he would be more likely a bigger target for all the other guys from BOTH companies.
wwe would have trouble pushing younger talent like that.
they need both world heavyweight tittle and wwe tittle
the idea of unifying them is not good at all!

tito1983
02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
having only one title is not a problem for pushing new talent,in the past there was only one title and they developed news stars like austin,rock,hhh,mankind in a 2 year period.Now WWE has had 2 titles for 8-9 years and it's always the same people on top so the number of championship belts is not a cause to not push new stars

SaberToothTigerz
02-02-2011, 01:23 PM
having only one title is not a problem for pushing new talent,in the past there was only one title and they developed news stars like austin,rock,hhh,mankind in a 2 year period.Now WWE has had 2 titles for 8-9 years and it's always the same people on top so the number of championship belts is not a cause to not push new stars

ur forgetting something
back in the day there were more tittles
the european, hardcore, a wwe tag team and world tag team tittles, plus the intercontinental tittle and united states tittles were held by main eventers, like the rock, triple H, chris jericho and so on, so those tittles u could say had more prestige back then.
now only mid carders of the likes, kofi kingston, daniel bryan, jack swagger, ted dibiase, r truth and drew mcintyre holds them, untill wwe builds them up nicely to go to the main event. but still they are all mid carders for now.

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm all for one World title but it won't happen this year. Another poster had a good point about the extra touring on the champs part! But if the rosters were unified then that would be solved.

tittle97
02-03-2011, 05:06 AM
It doesn't even seem like there are 2 rosters anymore. I'm all for a few guys from SD to show up on Raw and vice versa, but it happens every week now. I know RR and WM need to be hyped but it's happening too often.

The Brown One
02-03-2011, 05:36 AM
It doesn't even seem like there are 2 rosters anymore. I'm all for a few guys from SD to show up on Raw and vice versa, but it happens every week now. I know RR and WM need to be hyped but it's happening too often.

I believe its happening because of the RR hype. Also, people jump from brand to brand to have inter-branded matches, to hype up WM, to get people watching before the big one. They do this every year. But sometimes, when theres no reason for a superstar just appearing on a brand, e.g. Wade Barrett, then its stupid.

ur forgetting something
back in the day there were more tittles
the european, hardcore, a wwe tag team and world tag team tittles, plus the intercontinental tittle and united states tittles were held by main eventers, like the rock, triple H, chris jericho and so on, so those tittles u could say had more prestige back then.
now only mid carders of the likes, kofi kingston, daniel bryan, jack swagger, ted dibiase, r truth and drew mcintyre holds them, untill wwe builds them up nicely to go to the main event. but still they are all mid carders for now.

That was a well thought out post. Its going to take a while until all of those you mentioned above to become main eventers(if they get there). Then in 2017 we will say that the titles had more prestige during 2005-2013.

xCOPELANDx sXe
02-03-2011, 03:20 PM
The Undisputed Championship was the PERFECT way of getting guys over. When somebody wins the WWE or World Heavyweight Title, you see them at the top of their brand, which isn't as impressive as it was, and this is because there is another title out there at the same time. WWE really needs to bring back the Undisputed Title because it'll launch their future superstar's careers so easily and put them at the top of the company and the biggest name on the roster.

Don't the realise this!?

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 03:28 PM
The Undisputed Championship was the PERFECT way of getting guys over. When somebody wins the WWE or World Heavyweight Title, you see them at the top of their brand, which isn't as impressive as it was, and this is because there is another title out there at the same time. WWE really needs to bring back the Undisputed Title because it'll launch their future superstar's careers so easily and put them at the top of the company and the biggest name on the roster.

Don't the realise this!?

I remember when Jericho won both titles and it was surreal to see him beat both the Rock and Austin on the same night! He was and is the best in the world at what he does!

I believe its happening because of the RR hype. Also, people jump from brand to brand to have inter-branded matches, to hype up WM, to get people watching before the big one. They do this every year. But sometimes, when theres no reason for a superstar just appearing on a brand, e.g. Wade Barrett, then its stupid.

It feels like ADR is on the RAW roster as much as he appears there and it is very cool to seem him interact with the 'other' brand.

xCOPELANDx sXe
02-03-2011, 03:35 PM
I remember when Jericho won both titles and it was surreal to see him beat both the Rock and Austin on the same night! He was and is the best in the world at what he does!

That moment was when we all knew that Jericho was gonna make it, Jack Swagger won the World Heavyweight Title, but he's not really gonna be a big main eventer. On the other hand, when Jericho won the Undisputed Title, it was big because it was the two ultimate titles coming together, with such prestige it was Main Eventer Guarrenteed!

thedag
02-03-2011, 03:40 PM
they have superstars on both shows every year around this time. it starts around RR and ends at WM.