PDA

View Full Version : Is Striker Set To Be Future Endeavoured?

Robstar
02-02-2011, 03:22 AM
With Booker T replacing Matt Striker on Smackdown, assuming this is permanent (my guess is it is), what future does Matt Striker have in WWE? NXT is and always has been a bust; lurching and staggering to it's inevitable, excruciatingly slow demise, so no luck there. I think King's seat is fairly safe on Raw, so unless Cole moves away - no dice there either.

At the Royal Rumble, you could see Lawler having a hard time working with him.

With Josh Matthews, Scott Stanford & Todd Grisham, as entertaining as Striker can be at times, I'm afraid Matt Striker might soon be selling his textbook wrestling knowledge of irks and quirks to another fed.

And I know just who might buy him. ;)

Pittbull
02-02-2011, 03:50 AM
He is a good commentator! I don't see Booker being longterm on the commentary table!

Does this mean he is out of PPV's?

Trips88
02-02-2011, 03:58 AM
From what we've seen and herd in the past few days its that WWE was very please with Booker's performance in the rumble and I gotta say I agree. When he hit some of his signatures all I could think is man hes still got it. That being said I can see Book wrestling in the near future and Strykers seat is secure. Plus I think he's one of the best commentators out there today and as long as he's talkin I'll wanna listen.

The Brown One
02-02-2011, 04:00 AM
This doesn't mean that hes endeavored. Hes only being replaced by Booker for as a Smackdown announcer, because Booker is old, and won't have many years left in him in WWE, so I believe that they capitalized on the oppurtunity to use him well.

He'l have NXT..for maybe another season.

But with the WWE talent cuts coming soon, he might be on the chopping block, since some of the other announcers seem to dislike him, and think that he talks too much.

Tenzach
02-02-2011, 04:07 AM
I don't know, but he's definitely not as good now as he was in early 2010. Now he just get's annoying, to me anyway. I think Josh Matthews would be an awesome replacement for Matt Striker on PPV's, he's really lifted his game and I believe he is the best commentator right now.

Tommy Thunder
02-02-2011, 04:13 AM
No way is Striker going to be future endevoured. The one guy in danger of that at the moment is Todd Grisham. He has slid way down the pecking order. Mathews is doing a great job atm, and I like Jack Korpela also. Scott Stanford has made a great effort to learn the moves, and actually calls the matches, but his voice is very boring and monotone.
I also don't see Booker as a permanent commentator. Hell soon be in a story-line with someone, and will be doing commentary whenever he doesn't have a story-line.

Snair
02-02-2011, 04:48 AM
This doesn't mean that hes endeavored. Hes only being replaced by Booker for as a Smackdown announcer, because Booker is old, and won't have many years left in him in WWE, so I believe that they capitalized on the oppurtunity to use him well.

He'l have NXT..for maybe another season.

But with the WWE talent cuts coming soon, he might be on the chopping block, since some of the other announcers seem to dislike him, and think that he talks too much.

If thats the case then Cole is the one who should be let go.

6maximum6carnage6
02-02-2011, 05:48 AM
can't say for sure, but the way things are going his future looks very questionable

The Brown One
02-02-2011, 06:06 AM
If thats the case then Cole is the one who should be let go.

I don't like Cole either..and not because hes a heel either. He doesn't know how to call a match, and talks too much when there are important moments in the match.
But he will be around for a long time, because Vince made him a heel, and thats his only job.

HeelTurn
02-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Possibly, but I dont think so. He can host the diva search, still do some interviews on Smackdown etc, even though hes not the best commentator they still may keep him in a different role.

Snair
02-02-2011, 06:49 AM
IMO Cole is much worse than Striker.Post mania Striker should take cole's seat at announcers table and Cole should be given a good sendoff by inducting him to Vince's legendary KISS MY ASS club!

VooDooKisses
02-02-2011, 07:19 AM
I have no idea how much hate I'm going to get for this but....IMO Lawler should be the one to go, he calls a lot of things wrong (not disputing the others sometimes do) but he has had his time in the spotlight and its time, like in the ring to make way for younger, fresher talent. If Striker goes then it shows how much WWE cling to the past and aren't willing to let go.

furlaa
02-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Pretty sure the Lawler in the spotlight storyline, will be his last couple months in the WWE
with Booker T on smackdown, striker will get the call up to RAW.
Really think Josh Matthews has been good as of late though

SaberToothTigerz
02-02-2011, 07:56 AM
easy solution for matt striker
king will retire at mania and give the raw spot to striker

AgeoftheFallguy
02-02-2011, 09:59 AM
i dont know what you guys are talking about. I watch NXT all the time and to me Striker just comes off as an asshole on air and to the FCW guys. When ever they try to do something a little diffrent or stand out he likes to remind them of how much they suck or dont really matter. Which to me just isent even heel like, its just being a jackass. They are always busting on him and saying how much he screws up when hes hosting NXT stuff. I wouldent be sad if he left. I never really liked him as a wrestler so I was surprised that they have kept him as long as they have.

Nexus4Life
02-02-2011, 10:11 AM
it's a shame i liked him on ecw a few years ago! maybe he shouldn't have said "holy shit" at the rumble!!

Rich Cranium
02-02-2011, 10:32 AM
it's a shame i liked him on ecw a few years ago! maybe he shouldn't have said "holy shit" at the rumble!!

I really liked the 'holy sh#$' statement upon Nash's entrance as it made it feel even more surprising and the fact that he said he was marking out but then again this is the land of PG and Uncle Vinnie probably ripped Striker's ear off for it a second after he said it! I like Striker since he can educate the 'casual' fan.

Booker is great in the ring and can talk but not too sure as an announcer unless he's been in practice.

Iron Ape
02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Is there no chance that RAW will be getting a 3-man commentary team, too?

Lance Storm
02-02-2011, 11:58 AM
If the WWE gets rid of Matt Striker, it will be another one of the long list of stupid ideas. He bailed out Cole so many times at the Rumble. He is an one of the best.