PDA

View Full Version : Sad but true

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Apparently Fatt Hardy is tweeting that "Hardys = ratings" and while I hate to admit it, he's totally right. He probably brought thousands of new viewers off his Twitter followers alone.

It's kind of like George Bush being reelected. You think it can't happen because the man is an idiot, but you're forgetting that he's the king idiot.

WWTNA Mark
01-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Apparently Fatt Hardy is tweeting that "Hardys = ratings" and while I hate to admit it, he's totally right. He probably brought thousands of new viewers off his Twitter followers alone.

It's kind of like George Bush being reelected. You think it can't happen because the man is an idiot, but you're forgetting that he's the king idiot.

IPITB, when did you come here? You seem funny bro! Just saying. :)

Anyways, I don't think The Hardys are the main reasons why ratings are going up. Maybe because people want to see who "they" are. I'm not buying the whole "Hardys=ratings" nonsense.

Robstar
01-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Quite true. The are still plenty of marks out there for the Hardly's. Yes they will help generate ratings while people tune in to see what TNA will do with them. My guess is they will flounder and I don't think even Jeff is capable of holding the interest of the viewers by himself for long. It's the same as if they'd left to form their own garage fed - curious fans will be interested but only up to a point. Then you have to actually offer something appealing

WWTNA Mark
01-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy probably think they are bringing ratings but tbh, who is really gonna tune in just to see The Hardys?

Robstar
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
I know who They wil be - Sting is re-forming Powerteam USA!!!

Necroyeti
01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Apparently so. Third highest rating impact?

At this point, I would usually point out that "high ratings" does not equal "high quality".... but the thing is, fluke or not, last thursday's impact was actually really good, much better than usual. If they can keep that momentum going and get these new viewers hooked into some compelling storylines, the only way TNA can go is up.

(I'm in an optimistic mood today)

Robstar
01-31-2011, 08:00 PM

At this point, I would usually point out that "high ratings" does not equal "high quality".... but the thing is, fluke or not, last thursday's impact was actually really good, much better than usual. If they can keep that momentum going and get these new viewers hooked into some compelling storylines, the only way TNA can go is up.

That. Just that. Period.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-31-2011, 08:08 PM

Even before last week's ratings came out I had a feeling the Feb 3 episode was going to do really well. This just bolsters that thought. Hadn't the ratings been on the rise the previous few weeks as well?

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-31-2011, 08:10 PM
IPITB, when did you come here? You seem funny bro! Just saying. :)

Anyways, I don't think The Hardys are the main reasons why ratings are going up. Maybe because people want to see who "they" are. I'm not buying the whole "Hardys=ratings" nonsense.

I come and go. I'm almost always lurking on my phone, I'm just usually too lazy to get on the computer so I can actually post. And when I do I make a lot of posts. Despite nearing the 200 count mark, I think I've only been into the site to post less than 10 times.

Rich Cranium
01-31-2011, 08:22 PM
I know who They wil be - Sting is re-forming Powerteam USA!!!

I heard it was the Blade Runners! Sting and Ultimate Warriors are the new They!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm glad you are all excited about who "They" will be.
I just read the spoiler, and laughed my ass off.

WWTNA Mark
01-31-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm glad you are all excited about who "They" will be.
I just read the spoiler, and laughed my ass off.

You are right Brown One. I almost fucking cried when I heard who "they" is. That really does sound like something Vince Russo would write. What a disaster TNA is in.

Necroyeti
01-31-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm still feeling (overly) optimistic... If Flair doesn't come back and fourtune recruit the likes of Samoa Joe, perhaps the inevitable "TNA Originals" vs "Ex-WWE guys" feud will be fucking awesome.......

.......WARGAMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(in b4 I'm proven wrong by the next set of spoilers)

Robstar
01-31-2011, 09:43 PM
Oh. My. God. That was the lamest swerve in history. They are Fortune

Bodom
01-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Oh. My. God. That was the lamest swerve in history. They are Fortune

Personally, I can't wait for the fan boys to take all the members to task for saying that the 800th iteration of "They" was the Main Event Mafia. It makes sense that it was Fortune all along, right?

Robstar
01-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Personally, I can't wait for the fan boys to take all the members to task for saying that the 800th iteration of "They" was the Main Event Mafia. It makes sense that it was Fortune all along, right?

Of course it does! That's what I was thinking all along but I didn't want to spoil the IWC's fun by actually saying anything because I don't have the balls to commit to something just in case I might be wrong! But you were all wrong about the MEM and I was said to my friend in the trailer next door so he will back me up!

Something like that Bods?

Bodom
01-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Of course it does! That's what I was thinking all along but I didn't want to spoil the IWC's fun by actually saying anything because I don't have the balls to commit to something just in case I might be wrong! But you were all wrong about the MEM and I was said to my friend in the trailer next door so he will back me up!

Sounds about right.

WWTNA Mark
01-31-2011, 10:13 PM

Thats a really good wallymen impersonation!

Rich Cranium
01-31-2011, 10:44 PM

Was it a last minute decision since Nash and Booker went to WWE?

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-31-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the spoiler warning. :mad:

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages, please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I'm not falling for the Hardy's = ratings bullsheet. If that was the case right after BFG they would've had huge ratings and sadly that wasn't the case. The real reason why I think the ratings are up is because people like to see train wrecks. So in a way the Hardy's are right but not in the way they think. I see Jeff as the http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQfo1C9J6RLeZ3MobHtkly3lid5Z6od mm7nCcqDsFWzPu_NiXCSA and Matt as the http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY0QM0y_59-9zcYuwlvoblsUEwUZTnQfkYn_nNLJcpAGJoUhbO and the whole train is TNA, hence http://www.gifsoup.com/view/418787/train-wreck-o.gif

U MAD???

Stinger187
02-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages, please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I'm not falling for the Hardy's = ratings bullsheet. If that was the case right after BFG they would've had huge ratings and sadly that wasn't the case. The real reason why I think the ratings are up is because people like to see train wrecks. So in a way the Hardy's are right but not in the way they think. I see Jeff as the http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQfo1C9J6RLeZ3MobHtkly3lid5Z6od mm7nCcqDsFWzPu_NiXCSA and Matt as the http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY0QM0y_59-9zcYuwlvoblsUEwUZTnQfkYn_nNLJcpAGJoUhbO and the whole train is TNA, hence http://www.gifsoup.com/view/418787/train-wreck-o.gif

U MAD???

Nah me no mad

Trips88
02-01-2011, 01:20 AM
So Matt Hardy took over for Bush as King Idiot? Ok cool now I know who to avoid.
Speaking of the ratings earning Hefty Hardy, was it just me or was he breathing heavy just from the walk down the ramp?

IPOOPINTHEBATH
02-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages, please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I'm not falling for the Hardy's = ratings bullsheet. If that was the case right after BFG they would've had huge ratings and sadly that wasn't the case.

Um, on the episode of Impact right after BFG they were up. The big rating last week was the biggest one SINCE BFG.

The weeks after you'd be correct.

thedag
02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
wake me up when the hit 2.0. going from 1.1 to 1.3 isnt a big deal to me.