PDA

View Full Version : Booker and Nash... Foul play anyone???

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Firstly I'd like to say im not moaning about this one but, i loved T and Big Sexy coming back for the RR but...

Isnt the timing a lil bit questionable... with TNA's "MEM" angle trying to come back, does anyone not think its weird how WWE have suddenly turned back to get these 2 in?

Keeping them away from TNA to maybe damage that storyline/draw maybe keeping the "competition" (i use that term lightly) down maybe??

I know Nash was practically pleading to WWE to sign him for one more run and Book has been fleeting his interest here and there...But???

Come on what ya reckon?

Discuss....?

P.S. Bodom leave this one alone please ;) lol

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 08:49 AM
u think vinnie mac is just toying with tna or finds them more threatening now?

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 08:54 AM
u think vinnie mac is just toying with tna or finds them more threatening now?

Maybe out of spite...???

Maybe toying with the...???

I dont think he finds them a threat the state of play at the moment...??? But now TNA has joined freeview telly over here it'll definitly get them more fans...!

I dunno yet... lets see what other people think :)???

Rassling_Fan
01-31-2011, 09:01 AM
TNA had plenty of time to try to resign them, but they failed to do so. Too boot, the two of them were shown interest in coming back to the WWE. The fact that TNA tried to start the MEM Angle without resigning these two proves how short sighted that organization is.

el gabo
01-31-2011, 09:08 AM
TNA had plenty of time to try to resign them, but they failed to do so. Too boot, the two of them were shown interest in coming back to the WWE. The fact that TNA tried to start the MEM Angle without resigning these two proves how short sighted that organization is.

Completely true. Stupid stupid stupid move by TNA.

I just think Vince said: "I've got a few bucks to spend let's fuck with Hogan and Bischoff. Plus, Nash will finally stop calling and filling up the phone lines."

Spear-O-Matic
01-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Whether this was intentional or not on the WWE's part, I find it awesome. This is for two reasons:

1.) TNA gets a taste of its own medicine, in that they've been jacking WWE's talent for the past two-ish years now, and this time WWE did it to them.

2.) TNA should learn a lesson, that lesson being that YOU DO NOT PROMOTE AN ANGLE WITHOUT HAVING THE ESSENTIAL TALENT FOR IT! Obviously "They" is the MEM, which consisted of Angle, Nash, Booker, Steiner and Sting (if I missed any, my apologies, TNA has had too many damn stables), now Booker and Nash are gone, leaving 3 potential members, not much of a mafia, right?

Rassling_Fan
01-31-2011, 09:14 AM
Not really, Joe was part of MEM members when Sting left. And they did merge with World Elite which could lead to that Eric Young push to a serious wrestler.

Trips88
01-31-2011, 09:26 AM
I don't care what the reason is I'm just happy it happened! Now if they use Diesel right and never EVER put a stupid fu*king crown on T's head I'll be a happy camper!

jamesstrange
01-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Whether this was intentional or not on the WWE's part, I find it awesome. This is for two reasons:

1.) TNA gets a taste of its own medicine, in that they've been jacking WWE's talent for the past two-ish years now, and this time WWE did it to them.

2.) TNA should learn a lesson, that lesson being that YOU DO NOT PROMOTE AN ANGLE WITHOUT HAVING THE ESSENTIAL TALENT FOR IT! Obviously "They" is the MEM, which consisted of Angle, Nash, Booker, Steiner and Sting (if I missed any, my apologies, TNA has had too many damn stables), now Booker and Nash are gone, leaving 3 potential members, not much of a mafia, right?

Excatly, it was smart business. Nash might not be a great wrestler but give him a shot in WWE and you'll make some money off him. Booker's still a great wrestler and WWE needs older wrestlers. TNA gets hurt in the process, really it's no skin off Vince's nose. it's smart business with the added bonus of kicking TNA down and teaching them a lesson.

Tommy Thunder
01-31-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm just happy to see both guys back home, where they belong!!
All we need now is for Kurt Angle to come back!!

Hell, get Sting and Steiner in and do a MEM in WWE!!

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm just happy to see both guys back home, where they belong!!
All we need now is for Kurt Angle to come back!!

Hell, get Sting and Steiner in and do a MEM in WWE!!

The Angle coming back for one more run would make a Mackem lad very happy!!! (me)

And a "MEM" angle in WWE would be funny as....

But i want Immortal gone NOW so MEM will do that hopefully (crosses fingers)

Anyway.... WWE talk....

I just think it smells a bit fishy but i can see why...!

68wPayne
01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
This doesn't have to be a bad thing for TNA. At least they didn't make the mistake of outright saying that "MEM is coming back" so they still have time to adjust fire and do something like take the remnants of MEM, a couple of people from EV 2.0, British Invasion, and Frontline to make some coalition type of faction. I just see it as Vince taking the liberty of taking some older talent that they probably shouldn't have resigned in the first place and letting them spend that money elsewhere.

Bodom
01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Interesting that they brought back Nash as Diesel and consistently referred to him as Diesel.

The Grand Wizard
01-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Funny how everyone thinks MEM will come back as before.
Crimson is the key, TNA will make a new MEM
BUT I FIND IT HILARIOUS HOW PEOPLE HATE ON NASH WHEN IN TNA AND LOVE HIM IN WWE/F
Either or happy to see both those guys back in the ring.

HeelTurn
01-31-2011, 10:36 AM
Nash got a huge reaction, as did Booker, the WWE did the right thing bringing them in at the Rumble as surprise entrants. As far as the new "They" well we will found out soon what TNA have planned.

Pittbull
01-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Could this be a ploy to get Stinger into the 'E'?

Nash and Sting both had the same views on where they saw TNA going, so maybe Nash will bring Sting round to 1 more run in the WWE!

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Could this be a ploy to get Stinger into the 'E'?

Nash and Sting both had the same views on where they saw TNA going, so maybe Nash will bring Sting round to 1 more run in the WWE!

Oh mate what a shout that is..... Sting coming to the 'E....! Top stuff i didnt even think of that!!!

Sting vs Taker at WM anyone..... i can dream lol!

But thats a top draw idea! One last hoorah for the "old" guys!

That Diesel (haha) and Big Show stare down wasnt coincidence im tellin ya!!!

el gabo
01-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Interesting that they brought back Nash as Diesel and consistently referred to him as Diesel.

He really sucks ass for making them use the Diesel name and for dying his hair black. Bit of a hypocrite since he bitched about the hair dying when in TNA.

Bodom
01-31-2011, 11:27 AM
He really sucks ass for making them use the Diesel name and for dying his hair black. Bit of a hypocrite since he bitched about the hair dying when in TNA.

It's no secret that Vince isn't a fan of Nash's gray hair. It's very possible that it was Vince who told him to dye it.

el gabo
01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
It's no secret that Vince isn't a fan of Nash's gray hair. It's very possible that it was Vince who told him to dye it.

I know but, he shot at Vince because of the whole hair thing some time ago.

68wPayne
01-31-2011, 11:36 AM
I know but, he shot at Vince because of the whole hair thing some time ago.
Just goes to show "money talks, bullshit walks"

Rich Cranium
01-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Booker was SOLID! Wasn't there something where he stated he wants to be an announcer?

SPINAROONIE baby!

HeelTurn
01-31-2011, 12:36 PM

Bret Hart dyed his hair to when he returned last year.

el gabo
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Bret Hart dyed his hair to when he returned last year.

Yeah but Bret probably didn't crap on Vince for telling him to like Nash did.

vbirwin
01-31-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm sure there was a bit of "Sticking it to TNA" in Vince's mind with regard to bringing them both in. But whatever the reason, I'm happy to see them both back. They are both coming to the end of their careers and they deserve to go out in the WWE. And they both looked to be in tremendous shape. Although I've gotta say while Book looked solid, Kev looked pretty bad in the ring. I hear Book may have been brought back to be an announcer, which would be great. As for Kev, I'd love to see him as an on air personality but with very limited ring time. I'm hoping he's the mysterious Raw GM.

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 02:55 PM
I doubt either of them will be the GM to be honest they would have revealed them minus in ring time in my view!

Nash could hardly walk to the ring and inside he looked very shaky....! But it was awesome to have them back... as im typing Im watchin Booker T come down the ring... :)

Rich Cranium
01-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Nash should stick to backstage duties but Booker still has gas in the tank and I would love to see more of him in the ring! Now can you dig it, suckaaa

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Serve's TNA right for not thinking ahead.

Robstar
01-31-2011, 04:46 PM
I believe it was Booker who was more interested in signing with WWE again, I think Nash just floats with the current. You know - so he has to do as little work as possible. What a clunker. ;)

TNA took it for granted that they would remain loyal and fucked themselves in the ass by doing it

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 04:50 PM
I believe it was Booker who was more interested in signing with WWE again, I think Nash just floats with the current. You know - so he has to do as little work as possible. What a clunker. ;)

TNA took it for granted that they would remain loyal and fucked themselves in the ass by doing it

Don't forget, Nash also cares alot about the MONEY.

Robstar
01-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Don't forget, Nash also cares alot about the MONEY.

Without doubt. You'd have had to pay him a lot just for the bad dye job

Mongo
01-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Here's what I see happening: Vince hires more disgruntled guys from TNA,mainly old WCW talent. He then revives the WCW and Nitro debuts an hour before RAW. He also brings back Thunder. TNA folds,Vince is happy. Shane comes back to run WCW. They feud,WCW (NWO) vs WWE part 2 is born. Attitude comes back... Now I'm happy and all is well.