PDA

View Full Version : Where was christian !?!?!?

Peepster
01-31-2011, 01:26 AM
I was so excited all night expecting Christian to make his return at the RR. I even hoped he was going to win the RR but realistically I expected him to have a good showing and pretty much just eliminate ADR. Well after Edge won his match against Dolph Ziggler using Christians Killswitch I was definately expecting Christian to make his return. I even read a spoiler that Christian was in the arena . . . Im soo dissapointed that he never appeared tonight.

Anyone else dissapointed?

OH and ps . . This is off topic but did anyone notice Kofi Kingstons attire was based off Robin from Batman !?!?!

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm glad they held off on having him return because A. he had no realistic shot of winning it, and B. his return will be all the more interesting with Del Rio having won the Rumble.

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:30 AM
I too, was disappointed that Christian didn't show up on PPV. He was reported seen without the sling, so I think he can compete. But we don't know for sure.
Or he could compete, but the WWE was saving him for later, to build a better story upon his return.
Did you notice that evil smile on Edge's face, after he won his match with The Killswitch? It might be the start of the story of Edge turning heel, Christian returning, and them feuding.

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 01:35 AM
I too, was disappointed that Christian didn't show up on PPV. He was reported seen without the sling, so I think he can compete. But we don't know for sure.
Or he could compete, but the WWE was saving him for later, to build a better story upon his return.
Did you notice that evil smile on Edge's face, after he won his match with The Killswitch? It might be the start of the story of Edge turning heel, Christian returning, and them feuding.
I'd say it's most likely that Del Rio will set his sights on Edge, and then Christian will come back and his history with both guys will set up for an awesome 'Mania triple threat. That's what I'm hoping, at least.

Peepster
01-31-2011, 01:37 AM
Even when ADR was milking his entrance outside and the clock went on . . I honestly thought it would be Christian to get his revenge against ADR but it was Randy Orton instead . . I didnt expect Christian to win but I really did just want to see him return tonight

Peepster
01-31-2011, 01:42 AM
I cant see Edge turning heel again, he turned way too many times in 2010 and I honestly dont think Vince would have the confidence in Christian being the face to carry the fued with Edge as the heel. I can only see Vince giving Christian the shot if he was the heel playing the jealous role, since he could easily claim he was jealous of all Edges success and even ADRs quick success after he "sidelined Christian"

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:42 AM
Even when ADR was milking his entrance outside and the clock went on . . I honestly thought it would be Christian to get his revenge against ADR but it was Randy Orton instead . . I didnt expect Christian to win but I really did just want to see him return tonight

The funny thing was that the camera was on ADR, and his entrance moreso than the in-ring action for the 1:30 minutes before Randy came in.

I'd say it's most likely that Del Rio will set his sights on Edge, and then Christian will come back and his history with both guys will set up for an awesome 'Mania triple threat. That's what I'm hoping, at least.

Not what I had in mind, but it makes sense to do this. Christian and ADR have history, not sure about Edge and ADR though. Who would you want to win the belt at WM?

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 01:47 AM
I cant see Edge turning heel again, he turned way too many times in 2010 and I honestly dont think Vince would have the confidence in Christian being the face to carry the fued with Edge as the heel. I can only see Vince giving Christian the shot if he was the heel playing the jealous role, since he could easily claim he was jealous of all Edges success and even ADRs quick success after he "sidelined Christian"
Nah, they don't need to go the jealousy route. Christian wants revenge for being side-lined, and Del Rio wants Edge's title. Edge wants to hold on to his title, but he also wants to hold the loyalty of his friend. Instant triple threat. Lots of good conflict, and you don't need any unnecessary heel turns to do it.

Robstar
01-31-2011, 02:34 AM

Yep, my thinking too. I marked when Edge used the Killswitch - what did that used to be called again?

PandaMassacre
01-31-2011, 02:37 AM
Yep, my thinking too. I marked when Edge used the Killswitch - what did that used to be called again?

The Unprettier.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 02:38 AM

Come on Rob!

The Unprettier!

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 02:38 AM
The Unprettier.

We have a ninja here.

PandaMassacre
01-31-2011, 02:40 AM
We have a ninja here.

Bwahahah! Beat'cha by a minute.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 02:43 AM
Bwahahah! Beat'cha by a minute.

Don't get too happy....I merely let you ;)

Tommy Thunder
01-31-2011, 03:03 AM

This is what I'm thinking also.
My gut feeling was telling me that Christian wasn't going to be at the Rumble, and I;m kind of glad he wasn't. They can now make a big deal of his return when he does actually come back. Coming back as an entrant in the Rumble would have been kind of anti-climatic.

Mikeyboy7777777
01-31-2011, 03:07 AM
sorry but i dont'like th etriple threat idea at all i just want christian take his revenge on del rio and then when he's done with rio he spears edge or something maybe a triple threat in the end but not more than one match

Tommy Thunder
01-31-2011, 03:13 AM

Also called the Impaler......
...But you already knew that!!...... ;)

Robstar
01-31-2011, 03:32 AM
Yeah that's right, I blanked on it for some reason....wonder why they changed it?

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 05:22 AM
Yeah that's right, I blanked on it for some reason....wonder why they changed it?

PG related reasons? Yeah I know "The Unprettier" isn't an offensive name or anything, but I think they wanted to go with a new name, that sounded more impactful.

Pittbull
01-31-2011, 05:43 AM
Didn't anyone notice thou on the graphics for the royal rumble card that had all the wrestlers faces on, next to drew mcintyre you could see Christians face!

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 05:51 AM
why wwe why?
it was reported he did landed there on boston before
i was sooo sure he would return but no
entry number 40 was pffft...kane..
i was dissapointed too, i had high hopes captain charisma would return aswell

Tommy Thunder
01-31-2011, 06:07 AM
Didn't anyone notice thou on the graphics for the royal rumble card that had all the wrestlers faces on, next to drew mcintyre you could see Christians face!

Dude, Evan Bourne and Darren Young (not that I care for him) was there too...

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 06:10 AM
I was surprised that Randy and Ziggler were in the Rumble, can they do that? Thats really a question, and I'd bloody like if someone answered it.

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 06:37 AM
I was surprised that Randy and Ziggler were in the Rumble, can they do that? Thats really a question, and I'd bloody like if someone answered it.

yea i'd like to know why aswell
can the former contenders for the big two tittles be on the rumble match on the same night?

Bodom
01-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Remember this time two years ago when we were eagerly anticipating Christian's return as Jeff Hardy's assailant? Once bitten, twice shy I guess...

HeelTurn
01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Loved Edge using the Unprettier/Killswitch. If Christian is well enough for Mania I to would love a triple threat match, as Iron Ape mentioned its already set up, and will be a great match to.

HeelTurn
01-31-2011, 10:48 AM
yea i'd like to know why aswell
can the former contenders for the big two tittles be on the rumble match on the same night?

I think Angle did that a couple of years ago, so theres no rule against it I guess.

Daniel Bryan
01-31-2011, 12:09 PM

i like your plan alot ape

but honestly guys id you really expect him to return last night? he tore his pectoral muscle go look at when he did it then go look up the time period it takes to heal i guarantee he hasnt completed that time.... you guys have to think logically about this stuff when it comes to injuries keeping guys out ive been saying the whole time he wouldnt be back in time but i give him another 2 weeks or so then he will be back i bet

Daniel Bryan
01-31-2011, 12:11 PM

lol dude this happens every year i remember it happening atleast 2 years ago if not last year either its something that they do end of story

Androo
01-31-2011, 03:29 PM

I like this line of thought ape, sounds good to me,!! if, as some ppl are sayin, adr v edge doesnt grab alot of ppls attention as a mania main event, this adds a bit more to it definately!!!
hey throwin out as many ideas as possible here - maybe christian will defeat adr at some point for adr's mania oppurtunity? yeh i kno, its ok, very unlikely!!
maybe miz could lose the wwe title at the chamber, miz would go to face cena at mania, and adr could choose to face the new champion? i dnt kno who said - new champion - would be tho, as it would hav to be a big name? orton v punk so thts a no, cena v miz, a returning taker??? booker? i kno its unlikely!!
jesus christ u start thinkin about things and theres so much u can predict!!! haha im done!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm guessing Christian was cleared to compete in the RR match, but since they already planned for 2 major surprises(Diesel and Booker T), they were going to save Christian's return till a Smackdown.

Peepster
02-01-2011, 02:38 AM
I cant wait to read the spoiler for smackdown tomorrow, Im just praying Christian makes his return

6maximum6carnage6
02-01-2011, 05:56 AM

thats exactly what i was thinking.

Pittbull
02-01-2011, 06:18 AM
The Conquistadors vs Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez

AGEOFFALL
02-01-2011, 07:22 PM

Kurt Angle did do that in 2005 but he stole Nunzio's spot. So the next year to make sure that contenders in the world title pictures didn't participate in the rumble match they put the rumble match before the 2 world title matches. Then after 2007 wwe just stopped doing that.

And i don't know if anyone else noticed but when Edge hit the killswitch, Striker called it the Unprettier.

Trips88
02-01-2011, 07:31 PM

As much as I, along with everyone else would like to see that, it's more likely that Edge was just giving a shout out to his injured friend. As for where Christian is right now. I would bet he's Edge's personal WHC carrier when they travle from town to town cuz that's the colsest hes gonna get to it for a while. Sad but true.

Peepster
02-02-2011, 02:32 AM
Im still hopeful that Christian will eventually be added to the fued between Edge and ADR. His score he has to settle with ADR cant just be forgotten that easily, The Miz even mentioned it on RAW and last time Christian appeared on tv it was with Edge. Im still hopeful Christian will somehow make his way into the title match at Wrestlemania.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 03:06 AM
Im still hopeful that Christian will eventually be added to the fued between Edge and ADR. His score he has to settle with ADR cant just be forgotten that easily, The Miz even mentioned it on RAW and last time Christian appeared on tv it was with Edge. Im still hopeful Christian will somehow make his way into the title match at Wrestlemania.

Again it would be nice but theres no way that'll happen. I still would like to see an E and C tag title run. They could do so much to bring credit back to the division. It is still possible for Mania too. I would love to see Mystero pick up the WHC at EC then they would have a champ that ADR has actually fuded with before, then E and C could take the tag titles at Maina. That would be awesome!

6maximum6carnage6
02-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Again it would be nice but theres no way that'll happen.

oh, im sorry i didn't know you could see the future. how does the old saying go?... never say never in the world of wrestling. even i think it probably wont happen, but i don't know for sure. he said hopeful, thats not a prediction.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 03:46 AM
oh, im sorry i didn't know you could see the future. how does the old saying go?... never say never in the world of wrestling. even i think it probably wont happen, but i don't know for sure. he said hopeful, thats not a prediction.

Well thank you for coming in to rescue him. Peepster if you feel that I've in any way disrespected you I am sorry. Last I checked we were in a forum were people could openly express their opinion. My opinion is that it will never happen. O and maxi pad, if it does, I'll eat my shoe and stream it live so you can watch. That is all.

Peepster
02-03-2011, 03:08 AM
I think even Vince McMahon would give Christian the belt just to see someone eat their shoe lol

Trips88
02-03-2011, 03:51 AM
I think even Vince McMahon would give Christian the belt just to see someone eat their shoe lol

Its defiantly a more entertaining idea then the kiss my ass club....more sanitary too lol