PDA

View Full Version : Santino Marella was robbed!

Iron Ape
01-30-2011, 11:53 PM
That was seriously one of the funniest things in WWE history.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Santino almost had it!

That was a WHOLE lot better when Hornswoggle came out. THAT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF A RUMBLE ENTRY!

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 12:30 AM
Santino almost had it!

That was a WHOLE lot better when Hornswoggle came out. THAT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF A RUMBLE ENTRY!
I usually can't stand Hornswoggle, but his appearance tonight didn't bother me in the slightest. It was certainly more memorable than anything from the likes of Nash or Kane, or just about everyone in Corre.

sXeKid
01-31-2011, 12:30 AM
The only complaint about hornswoggle I have is he was in tooo long. Its ok to joke around but he landed like 5 signatures lol, i mean come on.

Santino winning would have been INSANELY CRAZY i would lmfao :)

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 12:34 AM
I usually can't stand Hornswoggle, but his appearance tonight didn't bother me in the slightest. It was certainly more memorable than anything from the likes of Nash or Kane, or just about everyone in Corre.

I do admit that he did have some fun with Kidd xD

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 12:53 AM
Hornswoggle was painful for me to watch! Thanks to Cena, he overstayed his visit in the Rumble match..they could have returned a wrestler, or have a legend in the RR..but instead they go for the cheap pop for the kids, by getting Hornswoggle.

I was surprised that Santino was the LAST man to get eliminated! Who would have thought? People have said that someone like Cena would be eliminated last, but Santino surprised us all. Did you see his face, when he was setting up for the Cobra? He was almost in tears, he couldn't believe that he had a chance to win the RR!

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 01:05 AM
Hornswoggle was painful for me to watch! Thanks to Cena, he overstayed his visit in the Rumble match..they could have returned a wrestler, or have a legend in the RR..but instead they go for the cheap pop for the kids, by getting Hornswoggle.
Are you sure they could have returned a wrestler? Do you know for a fact that everyone on the shelf is 100%?

And did you see what happened to Booker and Nash? What would have been the point in dragging yet another dinosaur out to the ring just to be thrown out moments later? C'mon.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:06 AM
Are you sure they could have returned a wrestler? Do you know for a fact that everyone on the shelf is 100%?

And did you see what happened to Booker and Nash? What would have been the point in dragging yet another dinosaur out to the ring just to be thrown out moments later? C'mon.

Come backs for the both of them? Well....only one which is Booker.

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 01:07 AM
Come backs for the both of them? Well....only one which is Booker.
I can't tell what you're trying to say here.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:11 AM
I can't tell what you're trying to say here.

Oops sorry dude.

Another "dinosaur" would have been nice. Anything than the poster boys.

And Booker will be back as wrestler/announcer so these "dinosaurs" have some left in them.

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Oops sorry dude.

Another "dinosaur" would have been nice. Anything than the poster boys.

And Booker will be back as wrestler/announcer so these "dinosaurs" have some left in them.
If they intend on bringing Booker back in any kind of significant wrestling capacity, they sure didn't set up for it particularly well by having him eliminated as fast as he was. And the term "dinosaur" isn't much of a factor if he's headed towards announcing, as people of any age can sit there and talk.

PandaMassacre
01-31-2011, 01:21 AM
What theme did Booker T use?

Oh an I am very happy with this ppv. I read the results, and thanks to the the site giving me error after error I could not be in the chat to enjoy it with you guys. BLARRRRRRGH!! I wonder if the instant Nexus elimination will lead to something on Raw tomorrow night for Booker T. Kevin Nash might be getting ready to feud with Big Show for a match at 'Mania.. Or it was just a "Good to see ya' buddy!" motion with their eyes. We shall see!!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:21 AM
I know Trips is already healed up, since November, and can return to action at any time.
Christian was in Boston, MA today, without a sling, so he looks better, but I don't think he could compete in the match just yet.

Booker still had some wrestling in him, from what I saw at the Rumble. Nash moved like a dinosaur, like he did in TNA, so I wasn't impressed with him.
But I hadn't seen Booker on tv in a while, and was surprised that he could still hit the Scissors kick, Book End, and even do a Spinaroonie!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:22 AM

Oh an I am very happy with this ppv. I read the results, and thanks to the the site giving me error after error I could not be in the chat to enjoy it with you guys. BLARRRRRRGH!! I wonder if the instant Nexus elimination will lead to something on Raw tomorrow night for Booker T. Kevin Nash might be getting ready to feud with Big Show for a match a 'Mania.. Or it was just a "Good to see ya' buddy!" motion with their eyes. We shall see!!

Booker used his original theme-The one that starts off with "Can you did it, dig it, sucka??!!!!"
And I think everyone had the error problem because of the site having heavy traffic due to RR :/

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:23 AM

Oh an I am very happy with this ppv. I read the results, and thanks to the the site giving me error after error I could not be in the chat to enjoy it with you guys. BLARRRRRRGH!! I wonder if the instant Nexus elimination will lead to something on Raw tomorrow night for Booker T. Kevin Nash might be getting ready to feud with Big Show for a match at 'Mania.. Or it was just a "Good to see ya' buddy!" motion with their eyes. We shall see!!

"Can you dig it, SUCKA!?"

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 01:26 AM
Maybe they couldn't find any shovels for Trips to come back and bury everyone on the roster with.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:30 AM
Maybe they couldn't find any shovels for Trips to come back and bury everyone on the roster with.

LOL xD

As ususal!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:32 AM

I'm happy about that.

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm happy about that.
Same here. Dude can keep his feet kicked up on his fancy new office desk and stay out of action for all I care.

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:35 AM
Same here. Dude can keep his feet kicked up on his fancy new office desk and stay out of action for all I care.

Yeah I don't miss him at all. The fact that WWE is "low on star power" is a bit concerning, but I'm sure that they have plans set for the new main eventers for WM.
Also, supposedly Trips is in touch with reality, and what fans want today, unlike Vince, so hopefully he will do a good job.

RedDevilSativa
01-31-2011, 02:34 AM
can you please explain how tripple h burys other wrestlers i dont quite understand the term because i thought they are told who will win and lose by wwe staff

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 02:40 AM
can you please explain how tripple h burys other wrestlers i dont quite understand the term because i thought they are told who will win and lose by wwe staff
Triple H would use his pull backstage to make sure he always went over the other talent.

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 05:42 AM
lol i was a little bit concerned with santino in the end, when he came in he hide underneath the ring right? lol clever how brilliant!
and yea like many of u said, the entrance of hornswoggle killed the moment
i was watching the rumble and countining every entrance i was pumped up rly, as soon as i heard hornswoggles music i thought "finlay"?
but then the camera shot hornswoggle and i laid back and crossed my arms and said ".........Really?" >_>

Bodom
01-31-2011, 08:13 AM
That was seriously one of the funniest things in WWE history.

Agreed. That was the funniest god damn RR moment ever.

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Agreed. That was the funniest god damn RR moment ever.

Slightly off topic Bodom but where the hell has my topic gone.. lol "RR, Pandering to the IWC?".....???

Bodom
01-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Slightly off topic Bodom but where the hell has my topic gone.. lol "RR, Pandering to the IWC?".....???

I merged it along with Rich's thread into one Royal Rumble thread. I'd like to have the entire Rumble and winner discussed in one thread.

Rassling_Fan
01-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Watched it with a friend and my two sisters (who used to watch wrestling till the mid-attitude era). They enjoyed the Hornswoggle moment as it had funny spots. Though CMNexus also slowed it down with their one at a time eliminations. And I was hoping they weren't going to make Santino win, now that would be bad booking.

Jayoholic
01-31-2011, 09:37 AM
People are too damn serious when it comes to this. The Hornswaggle bit, sure he lasted longer than he should, but it wasn't like they were going to make him go over the other talent by himself. It was done as entertainment, nothing more nothing less. I mean, besides CM Punk, look at the people he survived against: Tyson Kidd and Heath Slater. Did you seriously think that they were going to last long anyway? Especially when you have John Cena doing the work against them.

Lighten up some.

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 10:13 AM
People are too damn serious when it comes to this. The Hornswaggle bit, sure he lasted longer than he should, but it wasn't like they were going to make him go over the other talent by himself. It was done as entertainment, nothing more nothing less. I mean, besides CM Punk, look at the people he survived against: Tyson Kidd and Heath Slater. Did you seriously think that they were going to last long anyway? Especially when you have John Cena doing the work against them.

Lighten up some.

when u put john cena and hornswoggle together, its hard for u to take it as serious entertainment

Stinger187
01-31-2011, 10:27 AM
lol i was a little bit concerned with santino in the end, when he came in he hide underneath the ring right? lol clever how brilliant!
and yea like many of u said, the entrance of hornswoggle killed the moment
i was watching the rumble and countining every entrance i was pumped up rly, as soon as i heard hornswoggles music i thought "finlay"?
but then the camera shot hornswoggle and i laid back and crossed my arms and said ".........Really?" >_>

Really, Really, Really, Really, Really! Didn't know the Miz was on this forum! J/k when you said that it reminded me of the miz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vxiQ9JCKvE

Jayoholic
01-31-2011, 10:45 AM
when u put john cena and hornswoggle together, its hard for u to take it as serious entertainment

Take out the word serious and you have what they were aiming for, entertainment. Nothing was supposed to be serious about it.

samoan619
01-31-2011, 10:59 AM
i marked out when ADR ducked and eliminated santino, hell i marked out when barrett and orton was eliminated.. the santino factor was classic..

el gabo
01-31-2011, 11:20 AM
i marked out when ADR ducked and eliminated santino, hell i marked out when barrett and orton was eliminated.. the santino factor was classic..

Best moment of the night had to be John Cena being eliminated.

68wPayne
01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Best moment of the night had to be John Cena being eliminated.
Best moment for me had to be Ricardo Rodriguez announcing Del Rio as the winner. Reminded me of those soccer announcers that keep screaming "GOALLLL!!!" whenever someone kicks the ball into the net.

el gabo
01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Best moment for me had to be Ricardo Rodriguez announcing Del Rio as the winner. Reminded me of those soccer announcers that keep screaming "GOALLLL!!!" whenever someone kicks the ball into the net.

This Rumble had a whole bunch of great moments. That Spiderman jump that John Morrison did was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

Chavo's 55 suplexes was great, love seeing him do the Eddie Guerrero shoulder strut.

Really good Championship matches too. Overall a really good PPV.

Rich Cranium
01-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Once Nexus were in full control I was just waiting to see who was going to be the one to lower the numbers. I knew Khali would at least get rid of one, I was hoping Booker would also eliminate one before his elimination. So, we had to have SuperCena do the dirty work.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Once Nexus were in full control I was just waiting to see who was going to be the one to lower the numbers. I knew Khali would at least get rid of one, I was hoping Booker would also eliminate one before his elimination. So, we had to have SuperCena do the dirty work.

As always SuperCena. A Giant man like Khali could have easily eliminated the Nexus but no....it had to be Cena.

el gabo
01-31-2011, 12:30 PM
As always SuperCena. A Giant man like Khali could have easily eliminated the Nexus but no....it had to be Cena.

That really had me pissed off. Remind me never to watch Cena wrestler while having a few beers. Broke my remote control

Bodom
01-31-2011, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=el gabo;64482]This Rumble had a whole bunch of great moments. That Spiderman jump that John Morrison did was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.
[QUOTE]

It really made up for all those lame ass parkour videos.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=el gabo;64482]This Rumble had a whole bunch of great moments. That Spiderman jump that John Morrison did was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.
[QUOTE]

It really made up for all those lame ass parkour videos.

That was really fun to see.

Stump
01-31-2011, 01:08 PM
I would have rather seen ALMOST anyone other than ADR win it. I mean damn, the guy hasnt shown me that much.

HeelTurn
01-31-2011, 01:10 PM
The Rumble had many awesome moments, the New Nexus dominating, the Booker/Diesel return, the opening with Punk/Bryan/Regal and of course the Santino bit. But of course the best bit, was the new winner ALBERTO DEL RRRIO.

Rich Cranium
01-31-2011, 01:15 PM
I would have rather seen ALMOST anyone other than ADR win it. I mean damn, the guy hasnt shown me that much.

You were probably expecting Cena or Orton to win which is understandable but to have the unexpected win is genius! So many were shocked at Punk's elimination which in itself didn't shock me but I did think he was going to be in the final four.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:17 PM

Go watch his AAA and CMLL days.

He has shown me he was ready. I guess your TV was off.

Stump
01-31-2011, 01:19 PM
You were probably expecting Cena or Orton to win which is understandable but to have the unexpected win is genius! So many were shocked at Punk's elimination which in itself didn't shock me but I did think he was going to be in the final four.

Nah, I am pretty much with the majority in that I'm kinda over the Cena winning everything deal. And I didnt even expect to SEE oOrton in it. Just not impressed with ADR.

68wPayne
01-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Zach Ryder got a pretty good pop too, which was kinda surprising

el gabo
01-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Zach Ryder got a pretty good pop too, which was kinda surprising

Stryker explained it by saying that he knew of a lot of fans from Long Island that made the trip to Boston. Ha!

dres1214
01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5n39t0EDE

All this talk about ADR not being ready or being impressed, well here is a video of ADR also known as Dos Caras jr.
Enjoy and hope this helps to show you that ADR is more than ready to main event. (IMO)

PrimusSucks
01-31-2011, 01:46 PM
The pop for Finlay was huge, but then everyone went, oh, it's just Hornswaggle.

HeelTurn
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM

Regal even got some big chants to., which was awesome.

Androo
01-31-2011, 03:47 PM

yeh i marked for finlay! then punched myself in the face for being so stupid!!!!

Lance Storm
01-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Santino almost winning was awesome because in a weird way, I thought the WWE would let it happen, but I knew that it wouldn't. It was compelling. I expected ADR to win a MITB, not the Rumble.

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5n39t0EDE

All this talk about ADR not being ready or being impressed, well here is a video of ADR also known as Dos Caras jr.
Enjoy and hope this helps to show you that ADR is more than ready to main event. (IMO)

Amen to that he gets a raw deal...(se what i did there) anyway he gets grief but he is good! People cant see past the big 'E thats all.... He aint no fuckin green horn....!

Look at Sheamus, he got slated... he was having I quit matches/Iron matches with Drew MacIntyre a few years back.... bad times for the noob fans are ahead apparently!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Santino almost winning was awesome because in a weird way, I thought the WWE would let it happen, but I knew that it wouldn't. It was compelling. I expected ADR to win a MITB, not the Rumble.

Well it seemed from the beginning, that WWE was pushing Del Rio harder than they have anyone else, towards a world title. So they threw him into the main event, in less than 6 months of his debut, and he did well for himself. That formula doesn't always work, but for Del Rio, it did.

MITB this year, should be won by someone new(again), who hasn't held a world title. Kofi anyone?