PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Royal Rumble and Winner: Alberto Del Rio

Rich Cranium
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
ADR was my pick to win so what do you think about who he will face at WM27 and why?

RedDevilSativa
01-30-2011, 11:54 PM
i think it wil be edge because they obviously set up cena miz glad to have alberto win the rumble someone diffrent is good would have liked to see booker t last longer. and wats with eve winning divas title that came from nowhere

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 11:55 PM
We still have one PPV left. He may have won the Rumble but I guess that championship chance could change. My thoughts.

If he doesn't lose his chance, his opponent could be Edge or Rey.

Tommy Thunder
01-31-2011, 12:39 AM
Alberto Del Rio won, but we already knew this would happen!!
As stated, there is still one more ppv, let's wait and see.

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 12:50 AM
Possibilities for WM 27 for ADR:

* ADR vs Edge
* ADR vs Christian

I wanted Edge vs Christian to happen, and it still might, if ADR goes after the WWE title. The RR was the perfect way to make him a credible main eventer, and get to a world title.

I know that WWE will want Edge as the WHC at WM..or at least in the world title match, so you can't change that.

Scottland
01-31-2011, 12:59 AM
I really don't understand the win for ADR. I mean...what has he really done? His only feud has been with Rey Mysterio. I mean did this guy really deserve to be in the main event at WWE biggest show? WWE wants to sell tickets but this isn't move to do that. Hell, the Boston crowd died after he won. People seem dumbfounded by ADR winning.

Personally, I really thought WWE was going to go with the earlier plans with Orton winning the Rumble especially the way the Rumble was going but it seems they have gone with the Orton/Punk storyline instead which was in the rumbling plans as well & Cena/Miz is something WWE has been planning for Wrestlemania since January. So, this was expected.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:02 AM
I really don't understand the win for ADR. I mean...what has he really done? His only feud has been with Rey Mysterio. I mean did this guy really deserve to be in the main event at WWE biggest show? WWE wants to sell tickets but this isn't move to do that. Hell, the Boston crowd died after he won. People seem dumbfounded by ADR winning.

Personally, I really thought WWE was going to go with the earlier plans with Orton winning the Rumble especially the way the Rumble was going but it seems they have gone with the Orton/Punk storyline instead which was in the rumbling plans as well & Cena/Miz is something WWE has been planning for Wrestlemania since January. So, this was expected.

NO! Bad Scottland. If Cena wasn't going to win this one, what made you think Orton would win? Though.....there is one PPV left.

Alberto Del Rio(SaberTooth love it or hate it) winning the Rumble was very fresh. No poster boys.

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:05 AM
SG is right about having ADR win. Its a nice change from the vets winning the RR.
I'm just wondering though..can former #1 contenders for world titles, who have already had their match, and lost earlier in the night, compete in the RR match?

kiddstudd
01-31-2011, 01:05 AM
I could see a Christian vs. ADR vs. Edge(c) at Wrestlemania because ADR could pick Edge to face at Westlemania and Christian returns and wants his revenge so somehow he gets his way into the World title match so he can get his revenge on ADR

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:08 AM
I could see a Christian vs. ADR vs. Edge(c) at Wrestlemania because ADR could pick Edge to face at Westlemania and Christian returns and wants his revenge so somehow he gets his way into the World title match so he can get his revenge on ADR

^^^^^This! I don't care. I want this.

Scottland
01-31-2011, 01:08 AM
NO! Bad Scottland. If Cena wasn't going to win this one, what made you think Orton would win? Though.....there is one PPV left.

Alberto Del Rio(SaberTooth love it or hate it) winning the Rumble was very fresh. No poster boys.

Sorry, I just don't get it with ADR winning. He hasn't proven himself enough to be given such a spot. As for Orton & Cena? What does either one have to do with the other? The original plans back in December even in January had Orton winning the Rumble (just recently though the whole C.M. Punk storyline came into play before the Rumble). Cena was always planned to face Miz at Wrestlemania since early January.

Scottland
01-31-2011, 01:10 AM
can former #1 contenders for world titles, who have already had their match, and lost earlier in the night, compete in the RR match?

To answer your question...Yes. It been done in the past.

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Orton winning the Rumble would have been completely snooze-worthy. I, for one, am glad they didn't go in such a tired, predictable direction.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:12 AM
Sorry, I just don't get it with ADR winning. He hasn't proven himself enough to be given such a spot. As for Orton & Cena? What does either one have to do with the other? The original plans back in December even in January had Orton winning the Rumble (just recently though the whole C.M. Punk storyline came into play before the Rumble). Cena was always planned to face Miz at Wrestlemania since early January.

The thing about plans is that they change.

Poster boys winning would as Iron Ape said....snooze-worthy. And no don't use "pops" as a reason.

Scottland
01-31-2011, 01:19 AM
Well...it is what it is...I don't fully agree with ADR winning though. If they want some "young" guy then just give it to Morrison as he's at least proven himself way more then ADR. Hell, Sheamus would have been fine. I think ADR winning a main event spot is going to backfire in WWE faces in the end. He just hasn't done enough to be worthy of such a spot. I mean if he's been in the WWE for a few years then okay but the dude hasn't even been there a year yet.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Well...it is what it is...I don't fully agree with ADR winning though. If they want some "young" guy then just give it to Morrison as he's at least proven himself way more then ADR. Hell, Sheamus would have been fine. I think ADR winning a main event spot is going to backfire in WWE faces in the end. He just hasn't done enough to be worthy of such a spot. I mean if he's been in the WWE for a few years then okay but the dude hasn't even been there a year yet.

You know who is high on him. He has deserved his spot in my opinion. He has been very good in main event scenes and can wrestle and talk.

So Del Rio is on a roll.

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:27 AM
Del Rio was a great wrestler, in Mexico before he even stepped foot in a WWE ring. I'm glad that he didn't have to go to FCW, to learn how to wrestle the "WWE way". IMO hes well deserving, and getting a huge push from the beginning payed off.

Scottland
01-31-2011, 01:29 AM
You know who is high on him. He has deserved his spot in my opinion. He has been very good in main event scenes and can wrestle and talk.

So Del Rio is on a roll.

Yeah, Vince is high on Del Rio. I just hope Vince just doesn't shove him down our throats to strongly like he's done with Cena.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:43 AM
Yeah, Vince is high on Del Rio. I just hope Vince just doesn't shove him down our throats to strongly like he's done with Cena.

I don't think he will since it was a slow and steady push.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhPNgrSM0ik

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:46 AM
I will smile everytime I see this picture:
http://alberto-del-rio.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_RR10_Photo_080.jpg

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:55 AM
I will smile everytime I see this picture:
http://alberto-del-rio.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_RR10_Photo_080.jpg

La Esencia de la Excelencia!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:56 AM
La Esencia de la Excelencia!

Whoa are you mexican? Or just understand what Ricardo says?
I loved how he kept on repeating Alberto Del Rio at the end.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 01:59 AM
Whoa are you mexican? Or just understand what Ricardo says?
I loved how he kept on repeating Alberto Del Rio at the end.

Lol I'm Latino(Hispanic in other words) so I understand Spanish. Very little people know of that. I use English here but since I am in home....I use Spanish.

Not Mexican either. :P

68wPayne
01-31-2011, 02:00 AM
I had a feeling that Cena wouldn't win cause of the current program with Nexus and I'm very relieved that Orton didn't win. Plus it gives Rio the ability to say "I told you all along it was my destiny to win" and whatnot. So I am very very very pleased with the result, so much so it warranted an avatar change lol.

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 02:00 AM
Lol I'm Latino(Hispanic in other words) so I understand Spanish. Very little people know of that. I use English here but since I am in home....I use Spanish.

Not Mexican either. :P

I knew you were mexican/spanish! I could tell from Manny.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 02:10 AM
I knew you were mexican/spanish! I could tell from Manny.

Yup.

I only told one person my last name. How did you pick it up?

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 02:18 AM
Yup.

I only told one person my last name. How did you pick it up?

Well on the "Welcome New Members" thread, you introduced yourself as Manny.
And sometimes people comment on EWN's news items, and I saw "Manny Salvador" as one of the commentors, so I thought that might have been you.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 02:19 AM
Well on the "Welcome New Members" thread, you introduced yourself as Manny.
And sometimes people comment on EWN's news items, and I saw "Manny Salvador" as one of the commentors, so I thought that might have been you.

DANG! That was old!

That is me.

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 02:21 AM
DANG! That was old!

That is me.

I saw it months ago lol. Well, at that time you were the only Manny I had heard of on EWN, so I guessed it was you.

BloodStone612
01-31-2011, 03:51 AM
Honestly, I have to agree with Scottland. Don't get me wrong, I think Alberto Del Rio is great. He is great on the mic and in the ring. However, I think it's just too soon. I guess I am an old school kind of guy where I like a better build up of someone. Back in the days before the Attitude Era (Not the "glorious" Attitude Era, I am not one of those that live in the Attitude Era and wish that wrestling would just go back to that) it took years to get to the top. These days, people who weren't even around at WrestleMania, are main eventing it the next year. It just seems too quick for me. I also agree with everyone that says Cena or Orton winning would be "snooze worthy." I wanted someone fresh to win, but I didn't want it to be someone who hasn't been around that long. I like Alberto Del Rio, and I know he would have been a main event player regardless, in the future...I just don't feel that future should have been so soon. My pick would have been John Morrison or even the returning Christian, I believe.

Onto who I believe he will face. I believe he will face Edge at WrestleMania with Christian somehow getting involved. Whether that be interference or actually in the match. Due to ADR "injuring" Christian, and of course, Christian wanting his revenge. I also believe this will bring the build up of the return of Edge and Christian. That's what I believe should happen. As for Miz and John Cena...surprise, surprise. Yawn.

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 04:27 AM
Is it me or was the Royal Rumble lastnight a mark fest for the IWC?

Starting the Rumble with CM Punk vs Danielson? followed by Gabriel and Regal etc...

Booker T and Nash making a cheeky visit?

Even Stryker made reference to the fact......

Discuss.....

P.S. Did anyone else notice Michelle McCool wearing Rey Mysterios ring boots...?

68wPayne
01-31-2011, 05:04 AM
I did notice and quite honestly, I'll gladly take it. The only way they could have made it any better as far as pandering to the IWC is to have the GM come on and fire Michael Cole for being a douchebag.

Also no I didn't notice McCool's boots because when LayCool is in the ring my attention is usually directed to Layla's fantastic...in...ring...ability *raises eyebrow*

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 05:16 AM
I'm so glad that someone made a thread about this.
Its not only the matches, but there were some people in the audience that had knowledge other than what they usually see on WWE tv.
There were people advertising in the crowd!
Heres what I saw, on some signs:

*Pw Scoops- an online wrestling site, similar to EWN.
*A TNA sign, with different words..something like "Totally Not Awesome".

I'm surprised they let those fans in!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 05:19 AM
Honestly, I have to agree with Scottland. Don't get me wrong, I think Alberto Del Rio is great. He is great on the mic and in the ring. However, I think it's just too soon. I guess I am an old school kind of guy where I like a better build up of someone. Back in the days before the Attitude Era (Not the "glorious" Attitude Era, I am not one of those that live in the Attitude Era and wish that wrestling would just go back to that) it took years to get to the top. These days, people who weren't even around at WrestleMania, are main eventing it the next year. It just seems too quick for me. I also agree with everyone that says Cena or Orton winning would be "snooze worthy." I wanted someone fresh to win, but I didn't want it to be someone who hasn't been around that long. I like Alberto Del Rio, and I know he would have been a main event player regardless, in the future...I just don't feel that future should have been so soon. My pick would have been John Morrison or even the returning Christian, I believe.

Onto who I believe he will face. I believe he will face Edge at WrestleMania with Christian somehow getting involved. Whether that be interference or actually in the match. Due to ADR "injuring" Christian, and of course, Christian wanting his revenge. I also believe this will bring the build up of the return of Edge and Christian. That's what I believe should happen. As for Miz and John Cena...surprise, surprise. Yawn.

I can't wait to see E&C again! A tagteam title run would be nice, and has happened before, while someone was world champ(John Cena, as WWE champ, teaming up with HBK). That would bring prestige to the titles.

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 05:32 AM
I did notice and quite honestly, I'll gladly take it. The only way they could have made it any better as far as pandering to the IWC is to have the GM come on and fire Michael Cole for being a douchebag.

Also no I didn't notice McCool's boots because when LayCool is in the ring my attention is usually directed to Layla's fantastic...in...ring...ability *raises eyebrow*

Cole getting fooked off would have been epic!

and that second part made lol....

But maybe, just maaaybe... the IWC might be making a difference....

I think if Christian came back and won the Rumble then I woulda marked my lil tits off... that would have been and IWC fanboy dream lol!

I noticed a few cool signs.. there was one about Foley which i liked :)!

BloodStone612
01-31-2011, 05:43 AM
I can't wait to see E&C again! A tagteam title run would be nice, and has happened before, while someone was world champ(John Cena, as WWE champ, teaming up with HBK). That would bring prestige to the titles.

I definitely agree. I must admit, when I played the new SmackDown vs Raw 2011 (Availabe at WWEShop.com and any local gaming store near you :D) and during Road to WrestleMania it had Edge and Christian reunite, I marked out. They are probably my favorite tag team. I would love to see them back together and win the Tag straps one more time. It would "Totally Reek of Awesomeness."

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 05:50 AM
oh man i can see it all happening
edge vs del rio at mania for the whc tittle
christian will return there to screw del rio for putting him in an injured state and to help his buddy edge at the same time
at the end of the match christian raises edge's hand in victory
this is the closest the iwc will get to see christian main eventing mania

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 05:56 AM
yea they did pandered
striker made a reference to us by saying on the punk vs bryan beggining of the rumble "this is a match that only the internet dreams about"
and stupid michael cole said "who cares about the internet? just a bunch of goofs like daniel bryan"
man...its in these situations that i get to rly hate cole..

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 05:58 AM
yea they did pandered
striker made a reference to us by saying on the punk vs bryan beggining of the rumble "this is a match that only the internet dreams about"
and stupid michael cole said "who cares about the internet? just a bunch of goofs like daniel bryan"
man...its in these situations that i get to rly hate cole..

I swear, we know more about wrestling than Cole sometimes. He couldn't even tell an Anaconda Vice from a Koji Clutch.

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 06:00 AM
I swear, we know more about wrestling than Cole sometimes. He couldn't even tell an Anaconda Vice from a Koji Clutch.

yea presicely
at least the raw gm called him an idiot or whatever it was when cole was reading the laptop

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 06:00 AM
oh man i can see it all happening
edge vs del rio at mania for the whc tittle
christian will return there to screw del rio for putting him in an injured state and to help his buddy edge at the same time
at the end of the match christian raises edge's hand in victory
this is the closest the iwc will get to see christian main eventing mania

If a triple threat WHC match at WM is the IWC's closest chance to see Christian main event Mania with Edge, and posibly win the world title, then I'm all for it!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 06:02 AM
yea presicely
at least the raw gm called him an idiot or whatever it was when cole was reading the laptop

Yeah that was weird. Maybe the GM isn't someone bias. Maybe its Vince, who "hates Bret", and sometimes Cole, for not doing his job right.

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 06:05 AM

Quoted for truth!!!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 06:07 AM
Quoted for truth!!!

For more of Cole's fuckups, please consult Youtube :D

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 06:12 AM

Or watch an RAW, Smackdown or PPV.....

tittle97
01-31-2011, 06:15 AM
WWE certainly wasn't pandering to the IWC when Cena and Hornswaggle were "teaming up" in the RR last night. It felt like I was watching Nickelodeon.

Tommy Thunder
01-31-2011, 06:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIqxHo5SQ6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YUGA-No-EU&feature=related

2 gems right there!!

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 06:24 AM
WWE certainly wasn't pandering to the IWC when Cena and Hornswaggle were "teaming up" in the RR last night. It felt like I was watching Nickelodeon.

That Swoggle FU/AA on Kidd was an awesome spot! no one can deny that lol! I marked.... lol!

There not gonna give a whole PPV to the IWC are they?, but they were definatly giving us summat.....

tittle97
01-31-2011, 06:35 AM
There not gonna give a whole PPV to the IWC are they?, but they were definatly giving us summat.....

Of course not, and I know that. The mini-AA was cool, but it Cena/Hornswaggle drug on for too long. IMO it took a lot of momentium out of a really good Rumble.

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 06:36 AM

i agree
what a slap in the face that was...
worst royal rumble moment ever

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 06:54 AM
Cena/Hornswaggle drug on for too long. IMO it took a lot of momentium out of a really good Rumble.

So The Nexus kneeling down waiting for people to come in didnt take any momentum either? I can see your point but lets not turn this into a Cena hate thread please lol!

Discuss.... I thought the rumble was good but i was expecting more than Kane at number 40....!

IWC FTW lol!

donthatetheplayer
01-31-2011, 07:22 AM

Yeah I commented something along those lines - but can you really see WWE pushing the Tag Titles again? After so much effort going into burying them. Hope I'm wrong tho.

Speaking of burying I think the ADR win is bad news for Morrison, Ziggler and co. Fact is when the talent was thin they got their chance and performed but I think that will be the last we see of them. We'll have Cena, Orton, Edge, ADR, Sheamus, Zeke, HHH, Nexus, Core competing for the main titles.

Rassling_Fan
01-31-2011, 07:43 AM
Honestly, I have to agree with Scottland. Don't get me wrong, I think Alberto Del Rio is great. He is great on the mic and in the ring. However, I think it's just too soon. I guess I am an old school kind of guy where I like a better build up of someone. Back in the days before the Attitude Era (Not the "glorious" Attitude Era, I am not one of those that live in the Attitude Era and wish that wrestling would just go back to that) it took years to get to the top. These days, people who weren't even around at WrestleMania, are main eventing it the next year. It just seems too quick for me.

You must have forgotten the Rock, or Kurt Angle, or Brock Lesnar, or the guy who won the World Title after being in the WWF for a month, Hulk Hogan.

ADR has the background to be great at Wrestlemania.

alexrules01
01-31-2011, 07:55 AM
So The Nexus kneeling down waiting for people to come in didnt take any momentum either? I can see your point but lets not turn this into a Cena hate thread please lol!

Discuss.... I thought the rumble was good but i was expecting more than Kane at number 40....!

IWC FTW lol!

Yea I was hoping for some other return like HHH or Christian. but once Orton came out I knew Kane was next, cuz he came and beat up ADR on Smackdown

Anyway a RR match should have at 2 guys going at it, not 4 guys beating up one and tossing him over. Or Superman and a midget.
The ONLY time it worked, where there was no fighting was when CM Punk got on the mic and cut promos...I think last years rumble?

I was so happy Chavo got some airtime though, he hit so many dam suplexes!

And I was hoping Santino was going to pull off the biggest upset like...evar! I wouldn't mind a Miz vs Santino match for the WHC :P

CMhuw24
01-31-2011, 08:07 AM
I loved the "Push Zack Ryder" and "Push Trent Barretta" signs XD
Also loved the "Jobbers exit this way(pointing towards ramp)" sign.

alexrules01
01-31-2011, 08:11 AM
I loved the "Push Zack Ryder" and "Push Trent Barretta" signs XD
Also loved the "Jobbers exit this way(pointing towards ramp)" sign.

I also saw a "WE HATE SIGN GUY" sign... there were some funny ones during the RR.
I also lol'd when Cole got his headset caught up and I think Striker said "Someone feeds info into him" Cole and King had a chuckle

TJHawkesybaby
01-31-2011, 08:35 AM
I also saw a "WE HATE SIGN GUY" sign... there were some funny ones during the RR.
I also lol'd when Cole got his headset caught up and I think Striker said "Someone feeds info into him" Cole and King had a chuckle

I wasnt "hoping" anyone massive would come back and all that malarky as its been done before to death... but saying that...

If Christian came back and won... i probs would have cried (in a good way) the Edge/Del Rio/Christian trip threat at WM angle is one i like... thats what i would do to be honest.... very good story and would draw, all 3 bring different fans into the fray??? Discuss?

P.S. that Jericho sig is EPIC!!! I want lol!

westy
01-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Just wanted to say how bad the PPV was, great to see Booker and Nash make a return. I know the WWE won't use them right, but good none the less that they are in the WWE. I think everyone can agree that WWE need all the name they can get right about now. Plus Nash looks a lot younger with his hair coloured.

sporty
01-31-2011, 08:43 AM
ADR vs Edge vs Christian- it works 4 me!

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-31-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm in the boat that doesn't think ADR deserved it. Maybe I'm just a little peeved to not see Christian back. I just don't like when I guy doesn't even win a US or IC belt before going for a main strap, and he's headlining Wrestlemania, so it's not JUST a title shot.

I do agree that given a choice between him, Orton, and Cena I'd definitely have to go ADR, but I much rather would have seen Barrett win.

Elimination Chamber should be interesting.

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 08:52 AM
i dont care if christian wins it or not i mean..maybe just a little but
seeing christian at the main event that's what i want
that's all i could ask for is christian IN it.

Kashdinero
01-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Here's my thoughts on the Rumble match. The fact that Punk and Bryan were numbers one and two was beyond a mark out moment, it was something previously unbelievable. If you told me five years ago that Bryan and Punk would be in a Rumble match while the crowd were chanting their name's, I would have probably laughed in your face!
The interaction with Regal made it just that bit more special, props to whoever booked that.
The Morrison Spider-Man thing might be the greatest thing I've seen in a Rumble, and I've seen them all
Nice Eddie reference from Chavo, it was nice to see him look good, even if it was only for a minute.
By this point it was getting a bit thin on talent though, barring a few, the ring was pretty much resembling WWE Superstars. And the fans in attendance could see it too, which is not a promising sign for the future of the 40 man Rumble.
CM Nexus eliminating everyone, and then hijacking the ring, was saved by Punks performance, Otunga was just standing around looking useless!
I fell for it, I actually thought Khali had ended CM Nexus' reign of terror, shame on me for forgetting about Mason! Once I heard Booker T's music I knew he was fucked lol... He looked good though, and I marked for the Bookend;)
Obviously Cena had to come out and make the lot of them look like bunch pussies, oh well, looks like Cena Vs Nexus is finally coming to an end..... Speaking of end's, that was basically the end of the good part of the Rumble.
Enter Hornswoggle! Oh Dear!
"Deisel"? Ha! My favourite moment of his was when the crowd were chanting let's go Deisel, while he was laying on the ropes for ages waiting for, a delayed, Rey Mysterio to nail the 619!
Never knew Randy and Ziggler were gonna be in the Rumble. Not that Ziggler did much, I hardly remember anything he did out there.
Last Four? I bet no-one predicted Cena, Randy, Barrett and ADR.... I know I never! Miz eliminating Cena pretty much makes Cena Vs Miz at Mania an almost dead cert. I really hope they don't do it at Elimination Chamber though!
A bit suprised at ADR winning to tell the truth, and even more suprised that they ended the night on, what was little more than a, comedy skit. Ricardos performance deserves props as well, that guy sure gets into his character doesn't he!

Sign's of the night goes to: Congrats YAMATO
And
Hire Akira Tozawa

May I second both of these!

What started off as a great Rumble, kinda went a little bit down hill (for me) towards the end, and I found it slightly dull. With so many jobber spots, it was almost impossible for it not to seem a bit weak. Happy with the winner, and am looking forward to seeing how they will promote Alberto Vs Edge, but it's not a match up I'm really looking forward to, and I kinda doubt this'll be the Title match at Mania.

HeelTurn
01-31-2011, 10:44 AM
To all of his doubters I have just 1 thing to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGc9zmpK5M

I dont see him challenging for the WWE title so World title it is, Edge seems like the best choice, although when Edge did the Killswitch during his match it made me think maybe Christian will have something to do with him at Mania.

samoan619
01-31-2011, 10:56 AM
ADR FTW!!! congratulations del rio, u always said in interviews, that u were going to wwe and become the next headlining champ.. im all for new blood in the main event pictures..

Rich Cranium
01-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Everyone is going on about ADR facing Edge and possibly Christian at WM but I thought he had his choice of WWE or WHC.

Also, I was shocked Christian wasn't at the RR as he was on the damn ad! Is there a thread covering this?

el gabo
01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Everyone is going on about ADR facing Edge and possibly Christian at WM but I thought he had his choice of WWE or WHC.

Also, I was shocked Christian wasn't at the RR as he was on the damn ad! Is there a thread covering this?

Don't think there's a thread on this but, I don't think it's likely unless Cena or Orton wins the title from Miz at Elimination Chamber. BTW, I just noticed that Miz has been champ for almost three months. Everyone said this was transitional and that he would not headline WM. Still not there yet, but pretty close.

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 04:20 PM

Yeah.
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?4086-Christian...-Really

Lance Storm
01-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Here's my thoughts on the Rumble match. The fact that Punk and Bryan were numbers one and two was beyond a mark out moment, it was something previously unbelievable. If you told me five years ago that Bryan and Punk would be in a Rumble match while the crowd were chanting their name's, I would have probably laughed in your face!
The interaction with Regal made it just that bit more special, props to whoever booked that.
The Morrison Spider-Man thing might be the greatest thing I've seen in a Rumble, and I've seen them all
Nice Eddie reference from Chavo, it was nice to see him look good, even if it was only for a minute.
By this point it was getting a bit thin on talent though, barring a few, the ring was pretty much resembling WWE Superstars. And the fans in attendance could see it too, which is not a promising sign for the future of the 40 man Rumble.
CM Nexus eliminating everyone, and then hijacking the ring, was saved by Punks performance, Otunga was just standing around looking useless!
I fell for it, I actually thought Khali had ended CM Nexus' reign of terror, shame on me for forgetting about Mason! Once I heard Booker T's music I knew he was fucked lol... He looked good though, and I marked for the Bookend;)
Obviously Cena had to come out and make the lot of them look like bunch pussies, oh well, looks like Cena Vs Nexus is finally coming to an end..... Speaking of end's, that was basically the end of the good part of the Rumble.
Enter Hornswoggle! Oh Dear!
"Deisel"? Ha! My favourite moment of his was when the crowd were chanting let's go Deisel, while he was laying on the ropes for ages waiting for, a delayed, Rey Mysterio to nail the 619!
Never knew Randy and Ziggler were gonna be in the Rumble. Not that Ziggler did much, I hardly remember anything he did out there.
Last Four? I bet no-one predicted Cena, Randy, Barrett and ADR.... I know I never! Miz eliminating Cena pretty much makes Cena Vs Miz at Mania an almost dead cert. I really hope they don't do it at Elimination Chamber though!
A bit suprised at ADR winning to tell the truth, and even more suprised that they ended the night on, what was little more than a, comedy skit. Ricardos performance deserves props as well, that guy sure gets into his character doesn't he!

Sign's of the night goes to: Congrats YAMATO
And
Hire Akira Tozawa

May I second both of these!

What started off as a great Rumble, kinda went a little bit down hill (for me) towards the end, and I found it slightly dull. With so many jobber spots, it was almost impossible for it not to seem a bit weak. Happy with the winner, and am looking forward to seeing how they will promote Alberto Vs Edge, but it's not a match up I'm really looking forward to, and I kinda doubt this'll be the Title match at Mania.

CM Punk was the ring general last night. This was the first Rumble I enjoyed in years. No bullshit Cena or Triple H victory, but giving it to a young guy, who is already established around the world, but now everyone will see how great he is.

Sign of the night: Black Ref

Kashdinero
01-31-2011, 04:46 PM
CM Punk was the ring general last night. This was the first Rumble I enjoyed in years. No bullshit Cena or Triple H victory, but giving it to a young guy, who is already established around the world, but now everyone will see how great he is.

Sign of the night: Black Ref

I agree about a new guy being given the win. That was great! But in a way Cena did win, as he's more than likely off to face The Miz at Mania! It'd be nice to see Christian thrown into to the match with Edge at Mania, but it'll probably be Rey, if anyone!

mosdope
01-31-2011, 05:07 PM
First things first, Thank GOD they had a new face win and especially no Cena or Orton. I watched with 8 guys and we all cheered when Cena got eliminated.

What I didn't like about ADR winning had nothing to do with him. I didn't like the Santino finished. It killed the crowd, there was a pop when ADR eliminated Orton. Once Santino came in and and got eliminated, the reaction wasn't as big as when ADR threw out Orton.

Androo
01-31-2011, 05:53 PM
maybe they'll strip edge of the title or sumthin coz he used the spear, then put whc up for grabs in the chamber? edge could go with christian at mania, thn adr could face the winner of the chamber match? or put edge in there with adr and the winner of the chamber match? or put edge in there with adr, the winner of the chamber match, and christian? fatal four way at mania! classic over speculation!! ;)

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-31-2011, 07:42 PM
First things first, Thank GOD they had a new face win and especially no Cena or Orton. I watched with 8 guys and we all cheered when Cena got eliminated.

What I didn't like about ADR winning had nothing to do with him. I didn't like the Santino finished. It killed the crowd, there was a pop when ADR eliminated Orton. Once Santino came in and and got eliminated, the reaction wasn't as big as when ADR threw out Orton.

That's because everyone thought the PPV was pretty much over. And you're comparing Orton and Santino. Give it up, that was a great spot.

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 07:55 PM

You're nuts. That part was completely golden.

mosdope
01-31-2011, 09:29 PM
You're nuts. That part was completely golden.

I didn't say I didn't think it was funny, I just think it took away from his initial pop after eliminating Orton.

Necroyeti
02-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm noticing a ton of Christian references in WWE lately... what do y'all reckon, Edge vs. Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio triple threat at Wrestlemania?

The Brown One
02-01-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm noticing a ton of Christian references in WWE lately... what do y'all reckon, Edge vs. Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio triple threat at Wrestlemania?

I have too. They seem to be teasing a Christian return, and I know that they won't let an Edge vs Christian feud this time around pass them by. ADR already chose Edge, so a triple threat is possible. I'm in!