PDA

View Full Version : Christian... Really?

Trip_Fisk
01-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Okay first I like Christian as a performer. But why does almost everyone here on the site think he will win the Rumble? I know it would make the most scene for him to win and face Edge at Mania, but I really don't see it happening. At most I can see him making a surprise return in the Rumble, toss out ADR, then the two of them are in the Smackdown Chamber, and then they go at it at Mania. But hey if I'm wrong and this does happen I will be very happy just like the rest of you.

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Okay first I like Christian as a performer. But why does almost everyone here on the site think he will win the Rumble? I know it would make the most scene for him to win and face Edge at Mania, but I really don't see it happening. At most I can see him making a surprise return in the Rumble, toss out ADR, then the two of them are in the Smackdown Chamber, and then they go at it at Mania. But hey if I'm wrong and this does happen I will be very happy just like the rest of you.

I think a lot of people on this site are wanting him to win more than actually thinking it. I would love to see him win more than anyone else in the Rumble, but I dont see it happening.

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 11:49 AM
He is one of the deserving ones for a World title shot. Basically he is an injustice.(what I think)

IPEEINTHESHOWER
01-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First I would like to say I'm a peep 4 life. If christian does show up tonight at the RR it would make my night, if he WON the RR I think I would piss my pants out of sheer joy. That about sums it up.:D

U MAD???

Adam Bomb II
01-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I don't think he'll win it either, although if he ever were to win a rumble it's this one - coming back from injury always adds instant momentum.
Even though he's not the one I personally want to win, there's no doubt he's the one guy in the lockerroom that deserves it the most.

Adam Bomb II
01-30-2011, 12:01 PM

Oh, and by the way, your whole ADR/Elimination Chamber theory certainly makes sense. It sounds like something WWE would do.

SaberToothTigerz
01-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First I would like to say I'm a peep 4 life. If christian does show up tonight at the RR it would make my night, if he WON the RR I think I would piss my pants out of sheer joy. That about sums it up.:D

U MAD???

ipits speaks for the entire ewn
however i would add john morrison too to that reaction buddy

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 12:12 PM
I think if Christian did win, the IWC would explode, nobody else imo would have that same reaction.

RomanFlare
01-30-2011, 12:15 PM
I think if Christian did win, the IWC would explode, nobody else imo would have that same reaction.

Christian wins, big whoop-de-doo. He still has to be booked to actually win a title at 'Mania. Edge lost last year returning, why couldn't the WWE do the same to Captain Charisma?

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Christian wins, big whoop-de-doo. He still has to be booked to actually win a title at 'Mania. Edge lost last year returning, why couldn't the WWE do the same to Captain Charisma?

That would probably happen, the Rumble winner hasnt won at Mania since Taker. I see the WWE doing the same thing if he won mitb.

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 12:18 PM

Wow.....

We didn't say that he would win the title match at Mania thanks to his win in RR. I want to see Edge vs Christian for the WHC. An epic match between them. Plus points for me if he does win the WHC at Wrestlemania.

Remember Christian is main event material and he has proved it.

Trip_Fisk
01-30-2011, 12:19 PM

Well Edge can do that because he has been the champ how many times????

I just don't want them to do the whole Booker T Triple H feud. Where we want him to win so badly but he doesn't

RomanFlare
01-30-2011, 12:22 PM
That would probably happen, the Rumble winner hasnt won at Mania since Taker. I see the WWE doing the same thing if he won mitb.

Its been since Taker? Holy batshit, 'E. Well, '01-'07 all won. And since '01 won, I expect this year's winner to win a title. WWE seems to like that "last 10 years, 70% of Royal Rumble winners have gone on to win at the grandest stage of them all" crap.

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Wow.....

We didn't say that he would win the title match at Mania thanks to his win in RR. I want to see Edge vs Christian for the WHC. An epic match between them. Plus points for me if he does win the WHC at Wrestlemania.

Exactly, his would be the biggest win in his career, he would get to main event Mania which he deserves, and the idea of Edge vs Christian at Mania is enough reason to buy it alone.

WWTNA Mark
01-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Those are fighting words Trip_Fisk! You better watch your shit man!:) Christian deserves to win the Rumble Trip_Fisk! Can't you see, its his destiny! He spent years jobbing and losing to guys like Big Zeke and Cody Rhodes just because he his being punished for going to TNA. What the hell does that mean? I guess TNA has the other way around but thats another topic. Anyways, Christian is being toyed around with. Just push the damn man and then have a feud with Edge!!! Is that so hard!!

Sorry if I come off as a douche here but I get a little emotional on this topic, as do we all. So please WWE, push Christian. I'm pretty sure the outcome will be successful. But hey, if you don't want to take my advise, then listen to the other billion Christian marks who want to see him win the Royal Rumble. Just saying. :)

RomanFlare
01-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Wow.....

You'll have to excuse my disdain for winning the RR somehow makes up for what the 'E has done to Christian. A long title rein or a few medium ones over the next few years will change my mind.

'Course, its also hard for me to see multiple Tag Team title reigns and multiple mid card reigns (ECW Championship was Midcard. Deal.) as being slighted, but hey. I was also a Goldberg fan as a kid. Maybe I'm just naturally wrong.

Trip_Fisk
01-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Those are fighting words Trip_Fisk! You better watch your shit man!:) Christian deserves to win the Rumble Trip_Fisk! Can't you see, its his destiny! He spent years jobbing and losing to guys like Big Zeke and Cody Rhodes just because he his being punished for going to TNA. What the hell does that mean? I guess TNA has the other way around but thats another topic. Anyways, Christian is being toyed around with. Just push the damn man and then have a feud with Edge!!! Is that so hard!!

Sorry if I come off as a douche here but I get a little emotional on this topic, as do we all. So please WWE, push Christian. I'm pretty sure the outcome will be successful. But hey, if you don't want to take my advise, then listen to the other billion Christian marks who want to see him win the Royal Rumble. Just saying. :)

Did you read everything I wrote I praised Christian through out the whole thing.....

I should so make a topic titled "John Cena: Great Superstar or the Greatest Superstar" and see how much heat it generates.....

Snair
01-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Christian will get his hands on gold soon, just like kane did after years & years of jobbing.

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 12:35 PM
You'll have to excuse my disdain for winning the RR somehow makes up for what the 'E has done to Christian. A long title rein or a few medium ones over the next few years will change my mind.

Look this is Christian we are talking about. This is the man that over the years has been a tag team wrestler and champion. His heel run was ok and champion too. When he came as "Captain Charisma", his career shined there. Been in good feuds, one with Jericho over Trish.

In TNA however, he has shown us what he can do. He was champ there because he can go. TNA gave him a chance and we saw material in this guy.

When he came back, I was surprised. Maybe this time he will have some championships soon, mainly the big ones like WHC or WWE.

WWE has to know that Christian is a gem. He can go in the ring and can talk and again he has proved it. Though its WWE's call. And Vinnie isn't fond of Christian.

Adam Bomb II
01-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Look this is Christian we are talking about. This is the man that over the years has been a tag team wrestler and champion. His heel run was ok and champion too. When he came as "Captain Charisma", his career shined there. Been in good feuds, one with Jericho over Trish.

In TNA however, he has shown us what he can do. He was champ there because he can go. TNA gave him a chance and we saw material in this guy.

When he came back, I was surprised. Maybe this time he will have some championships soon, mainly the big ones like WHC or WWE.

WWE has to know that Christian is a gem. He can go in the ring and can talk and again he has proved it. Though its WWE's call. And Vinnie isn't fond of Christian.

Just curious - has there ever been any reports of VKM not liking Christian? That would certinly explain a few things.

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Just curious - has there ever been any reports of VKM not liking Christian? That would certinly explain a few things.

Yeah quite a few, there was even 1 where Vince reportedly laughed at a headshot of Christian and said he wouldnt make it.

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 12:39 PM

Iron Ape has that info better than me.

Just that Vinnie looked at Christian's pictures and said "he will never be a world champion in my company".

Adam Bomb II
01-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Iron Ape has that info better than me.

Just that Vinnie looked at Christian's pictures and said "he will never be a world champion in my company".

Oooooh yeah, I remember that now. Although it's hard to believe anyone could be such an asshole... Oh wait, I forgot it was Vinnie Mac we were talking about. :)

awesomepratik
01-30-2011, 12:42 PM
I dont think that he will return at rr

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 12:44 PM

There is still spots open in the RR. Anything is possible.

SaberToothTigerz
01-30-2011, 12:46 PM

i think he will make it but trips wont

Adam Bomb II
01-30-2011, 12:46 PM

The latest I've heard is that Christian already has arrived in Boston, and that he is slated for appearing at the rumble. If it will be IN the rumble, or in some backstage segment, that I do not know. :)

jhorton1215
01-30-2011, 12:49 PM

I agree with this, but not entirely. I think Christian COULD return, and eliminate Del Rio, but not win the Rumble. I see CM Punk winning. Then I see them feuding up until Elimination Chamber, where they fight in a Number One Contender's Match to face Edge at Wrestlemania.

WWTNA Mark
01-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Who cares what Vince thinks? I'm sick of him dressing down wrestlers just because they don't kiss his ass and because they are not as jacked up as he likes them to be. They will be stupid to pass up a Christian title run. He'll be better off in TNA if thats the case. Even they seen potential in him. But thats Vince's ego thinking he knows everything about a WWE Superstar.

BTW, there were a report on EWN saying that Edge actually had to beg Vince to let Christian be apart of the MITB match at Wrestlemaina 25.

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Who cares what Vince thinks? I'm sick of him dressing down wrestlers just because they don't kiss his ass and because they are not as jacked up as he likes them to be. They will be stupid to pass up a Christian title run. He'll be better off in TNA if thats the case. Even they seen potential in him. But thats Vince's ego thinking he knows everything about a WWE Superstar.

BTW, there were a report on EWN saying that Edge actually had to beg Vince to let Christian be apart of the MITB match at Wrestlemaina 25.

Seriously? If so Vince is an idiot, he should let people who deserve the push get the push, not just the guys he likes.

Adam Bomb II
01-30-2011, 12:59 PM

Every time my positive self thinks that VKM can't be THAT big a prick, then I read stuff like this. I know it's just rumors but still... man that guy is an absolute røvpulende lortefisse. (sorry for the danish, had to swear abit and it just feels better in your own language).

PandaMassacre
01-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I think Christian has a better chance at the MITB match. But I guess you would have to expect anything from the WWE when it comes to the Royal Rumble. I learned that from 2006 when ReyRey won it. An I am still pulling for Christian IF he is apart of the Royal Rumble. I hope the crowd will be as poppy as Smackdown! was last Friday.

Snair
01-30-2011, 01:05 PM
røvpulende lortefisse
btw what does that mean? Just curious

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 01:07 PM
røvpulende lortefisse
btw what does that mean? Just curious

Where did you get this?

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Where did you get this?

Love your sig and avatar, it looks somewhat familar lol Hopefully tonight will be the night it starts for Captain Charisma.

Snair
01-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Where did you get this?

i actually edited it off the post from adam bomb 2

Bodom
01-30-2011, 01:13 PM

Im going to assume its a very naughty Danish phrase

PandaMassacre
01-30-2011, 01:14 PM

Google it. (:

Tommy Thunder
01-30-2011, 01:15 PM
I think a lot of people on this site are wanting him to win more than actually thinking it. I would love to see him win more than anyone else in the Rumble, but I dont see it happening.

Exactly. I WANT Christian to win it, but seriously, I doubt very much that he will. I even have my doubts if he'll even be in the Rumble.
Alberto Del Rio is my pick to win.

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Love your sig and avatar, it looks somewhat familar lol Hopefully tonight will be the night it starts for Captain Charisma.

Lol I have shown that I was a Christian fan here before. I put ones when he held the NWA World Heavyweight Championship!

Snair
01-30-2011, 01:17 PM

but it sounds good!

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Lol I have shown that I was a Christian fan here before. I put ones when he held the NWA World Heavyweight Championship!

The more peeps the merrier

IPEEINTHESHOWER
01-30-2011, 01:19 PM

glad to see you posting Bodom, I'm sure you missed me when I was on my little 3 week vacation from EWN?

Stihltygre
01-30-2011, 01:21 PM
ok this is one area where y'all confuse me... Should christian end up in the HOF? hell yeah. Is he an experienced veteran with Great Mic skills? Some of the best in history. Can he Go in the ring? yeah... so why isn"t he main event material. in the WWE you need one of two things to be Main event material... one is Bullshite the other is Valid... Bullshite thing is Size, Vinny Mac is all about body builders, he likes him some muscle men ( not saying anything about what that may say about him). Hence we get Batista, Cena, and such, they are all WAY overbuilt musclemen he sees as making things look Epic. Does Christian LOOK epic... sorry guys, no he doesn't.. personally i'm glad for it as the cost on the human body for muscle mass like that is nuts. Quality number two which is the more Valid one is fluidity, how the smaller guys who main event move is very fluid. there is no sense of awkwardness to their movements, this gives them a grace and energy that comes across as faster, more powerful, and generally more ... EPIC. Christian is just not fluid, his movements are awkward and that is going to keep him brushing the line at the top but not getting there.

so he has 2 choices Bulk up or learn grace, problem is that kind of grace is hard to learn and it gets harder as we age. He deserves a main event slot at mainia certainly but he's just not that caliber of a VISUAL, ( nothing to do with wrestling talent or ability). this is the same thing that is holding Eric Young back in TNA, he doesn't cut the Visual that AJ Styles does.... it's that grace and fluidity that makes AJ so far above most of the other wrestlers with his style.

WRoder89
01-30-2011, 01:21 PM
I have been a Peep for years. I was hoping for a big push upon his return to WWE but it never happened. No PPV return, just some random ECW return one night. Then 2 straight years of MITB, both of which he was favored to win. Nothing happened. He has history with every major player in the company. He even has history with some of the newer genereation too (Ex. Swagger on ECW, CM Punk coming to ECW looking for people for SES, he was Heath Slater's pro on NXT, etc...). He has so many different storyline angles he could be involved in that would make sense. There are 3 problems with Christian though and it kills me to admit them but I've come to accept it.

1) Vince has already made it known that he is not high on Christian being a World Champion, even if Christian can talk AND actually wrestle, unlike some people *cough Cena*, *cough Orton*.

2) One of the guys in creative used to have his own blog on the internet. When asked about Christian his response was "he is very important in our organization. He has an undeniable history but his greatest asset is that he is willing to work with the younger generation to show them what needs to be done to succeed. I do not understand how he is always a favorite for Money in the Bank. He will never win it. That is not what it was designed for." When asked about a fued with Edge he responded, "LOL. That pitch has been made over 100 times & it has been turned down every time. That fued will never happen." He was not supposed to make those comments and the blog has since been removed.

3) THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON: THE FANS! I am referring to the younger generation of fans (teenagers & kids) who do not know their wrestling history. I marked out hard when Christian returned! Most of the fans had no idea who the Christian was. They knew nothing of his wrestling history. Even the announcers gave him a crappy return with the way they called it so apathetically. When Christian & Edge were on Smackdown! after the draft last year, I marked out! I was there! I couldn't believe my eyes but if you go back and watch, most of the damn audience didn't know about E&C. Yeah there was a small chant trying to get started, but the fact that Christian had to explain their history is pathetic. Then when they faced off on RAW up in Toronto, the match was pretty good for the time limit given. But the fans had no idea that Edge was supposed to be heel and Christian was the face. We waited for that match for over two years after his return and we get it on some random RAW!? No buildup? No storyline? These younger, uninformed John Cena, Randy Orton & Rey Mysterio obsessed little kids are ruining any chance for some legitimate buildup of any major fued we would like to see. Those 3 will be in every major angle until they are gone because the WWE force fed them to the younger generation and they are eating them up. Everyone with any wrestling knowledge knows anything E&C do or anything Miz & Morrison do, for example, is better than ANYTHING Cena or Orton can give us. But that's what we will get.

I know this was long & I appologize but I needed to get my point across. I just do not see it happening ever. Closest thing is maybe Elimination Chamber to continue fued with Del Rio but he will [B]NEVER[B] win a World Championship.

Bodom
01-30-2011, 01:24 PM
glad to see you posting Bodom, I'm sure you missed me when I was on my little 3 week vacation from EWN?

You left? ;)

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 01:26 PM
You left? ;)

He left. Probably visiting Rob ;)

WWTNA Mark
01-30-2011, 01:27 PM
ok this is one area where y'all confuse me... Should christian end up in the HOF? hell yeah. Is he an experienced veteran with Great Mic skills? Some of the best in history. Can he Go in the ring? yeah... so why isn"t he main event material. in the WWE you need one of two things to be Main event material... one is Bullshite the other is Valid... Bullshite thing is Size, Vinny Mac is all about body builders, he likes him some muscle men ( not saying anything about what that may say about him). Hence we get Batista, Cena, and such, they are all WAY overbuilt musclemen he sees as making things look Epic. Does Christian LOOK epic... sorry guys, no he doesn't.. personally i'm glad for it as the cost on the human body for muscle mass like that is nuts. Quality number two which is the more Valid one is fluidity, how the smaller guys who main event move is very fluid. there is no sense of awkwardness to their movements, this gives them a grace and energy that comes across as faster, more powerful, and generally more ... EPIC. Christian is just not fluid, his movements are awkward and that is going to keep him brushing the line at the top but not getting there.

so he has 2 choices Bulk up or learn grace, problem is that kind of grace is hard to learn and it gets harder as we age. He deserves a main event slot at mainia certainly but he's just not that caliber of a VISUAL, ( nothing to do with wrestling talent or ability). this is the same thing that is holding Eric Young back in TNA, he doesn't cut the Visual that AJ Styles does.... it's that grace and fluidity that makes AJ so far above most of the other wrestlers with his style.

But what does that have to do with him getting his push?

Bodom
01-30-2011, 01:31 PM
He left. Probably visiting Rob ;)

I knew IPITS was really Vickie.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
01-30-2011, 01:32 PM
You left? ;)

http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1515425/i-see-what-you-did-there-sir-o.gif

I see what you did there:D

glad you haven't lost your sense of humor.

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I knew IPITS was really Vickie.

Anything is possible with IPITS

IPITS=Vickie

BrandonLoopsTV
01-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Ryan Just posted on the front page saying

Christian was flown into Boston for tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. It is presently unclear what his role at the event will be.

It should be noted that he isn't wearing his arm in a sling. He has been sidelined since September due to a torn pectoral muscle.

Partial Source: Pwinsider

so yea looks like he'll be there for the rumble :P

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 01:37 PM

Looks good to me.

Who will be in the chat room for this event!?

BrandonLoopsTV
01-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Looks good to me.

Who will be in the chat room for this event!?

not that im important but I'll probs be in the chatroom. LOL

WWTNA Mark
01-30-2011, 01:40 PM

YES!!!!!!!! Funny how Ryan put a spolier alert after it saying Christian arrived to Boston MA. lol Thanks for the spoil Ryan! :p

Stihltygre
01-30-2011, 02:24 PM
But what does that have to do with him getting his push?

ok i try again, you have a great actor, brilliant character performer, but he's homely and not in great shape. do you use him as a leading man in a rmonatic comedy/ action story... no he doesn't FIT the part.
WWE is NOT a wretsling show it's a story, his build and movent style, do not fit the ROLE of main eventer... skill set aside wrestling always comes down to money and getting the story across as EPIC is more important than skill in the WWE. hence Cena /orton/Mysterio/HHH etc... they SELL epic stories better.

CobraNightviper
01-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I hope he is in the rumble but even if he just causes Del Rio to be eliminated it would still be good just to see him again.

PandaMassacre
01-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I will most likely be in the chat. If anyone finds a crystal clear stream then make sure to give it to me. (:

WWTNA Mark
01-30-2011, 02:34 PM
ok i try again, you have a great actor, brilliant character performer, but he's homely and not in great shape. do you use him as a leading man in a rmonatic comedy/ action story... no he doesn't FIT the part.
WWE is NOT a wretsling show it's a story, his build and movent style, do not fit the ROLE of main eventer... skill set aside wrestling always comes down to money and getting the story across as EPIC is more important than skill in the WWE. hence Cena /orton/Mysterio/HHH etc... they SELL epic stories better.

So he is not a main eventer because of his body?

PandaMassacre
01-30-2011, 02:37 PM

Him an Edge practically have the same shaped body so that would be confusing.

SevenCagedTigers
01-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Its been since Taker? Holy batshit, 'E. Well, '01-'07 all won. And since '01 won, I expect this year's winner to win a title. WWE seems to like that "last 10 years, 70% of Royal Rumble winners have gone on to win at the grandest stage of them all" crap.

In order for the Royal Rumble to mean anything, the winners of the Royal Rumble HAVE to move on to win the big one at Wrestlemania. This makes the Royal Rumble more of a "must watch" event, because it means that youre seeing a future champion. 70% just seems like a more believable statistic then lets say, 100%

Mikeyboy7777777
01-30-2011, 03:14 PM

U MAD??? i hardly ever agree with him but this time i do:O every word

jhorton1215
01-30-2011, 03:49 PM
In order for the Royal Rumble to mean anything, the winners of the Royal Rumble HAVE to move on to win the big one at Wrestlemania. This makes the Royal Rumble more of a "must watch" event, because it means that youre seeing a future champion. 70% just seems like a more believable statistic then lets say, 100%

Yeah leave the 100% to the Money in the Bank winners.

Adam Bomb II
01-30-2011, 04:04 PM
but it sounds good!

Trust me, you don't wanna know what it means. Besides, Bodom will rip me a new one if I use such foul language on here. Heh. ;)

Bodom
01-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Trust me, you don't wanna know what it means. Besides, Bodom will rip me a new one if I use such foul language on here. Heh. ;)

Why the fuck would I rip you for foul language? ;)

Adam Bomb II
01-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Why the fuck would I rip you for foul language? ;)

I'm pretty new here, and I guess I thought you were the head honcho around here :D . I also suspect you of being the anonymous RAW general manager by the way.

But to satisfy your curiosity Snair, "røvpulende lortefisse" pretty much translates to "assfucking shit-cunt". There, I said it.

Stihltygre
01-30-2011, 04:51 PM

Partially yes Vinny Mac likes em BIG... what Edge has that christian doesn't is a certain fluidity of movement... that's REALLY what's standing in his way... not how he's shaped how he moves.

WWTNA Mark
01-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Partially yes Vinny Mac likes em BIG... what Edge has that christian doesn't is a certain fluidity of movement... that's REALLY what's standing in his way... not how he's shaped how he moves.

I don't get it. Christian is in good shape and he can go in the ring better than Edge tbh. I don't see whats wrong with his in ring ability but thats just my opinion.

Rick BoA
01-30-2011, 05:48 PM
I dont want him to win nor do i think he deserves to headline wrestlemania. He could be running for a major title but christian is not a big draw, and most people have forgotten him since he has been out.

Stihltygre
01-30-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't get it. Christian is in good shape and he can go in the ring better than Edge tbh. I don't see whats wrong with his in ring ability but thats just my opinion.

again it's not about his ability to do the moves it's about HOW he looks while doing them... his movement is jerky and akward looking, in the grand scheme it doesn't matter because he's good except for at the main event level... think of it mare as a dance and maybe you'll see it.

but you need to stop looking at it as wrestliong and see it for the perfomance it is.

WWTNA Mark
01-30-2011, 05:57 PM
again it's not about his ability to do the moves it's about HOW he looks while doing them... his movement is jerky and akward looking, in the grand scheme it doesn't matter because he's good except for at the main event level... think of it mare as a dance and maybe you'll see it.

but you need to stop looking at it as wrestliong and see it for the perfomance it is.

Again, I fail to see whats wrong with his in ring ability. Who cares if he looks akward looking? I don't judge a wrestler based on how good he looks while performing moves! He can still wrestle and thats all that matters. I say Christian should get a World title run. Make it happen WWE!

Iron Ape
01-30-2011, 06:10 PM

Where exactly are you getting your information from that this is why Christian isn't main eventing? I'm just asking, because none of it's true.

McMahon has been low on Christian dating back to some head-shots (glamor shots for dudes) years ago where, after looking at them, McMahon declared something to the effect of "that guy will never main event in my company". McMahon is notoriously superficial, and once his mind is made up about something, that is usually that.

Stihltygre
01-30-2011, 06:26 PM
ok i understand YOU don't care how he moves but the Industry does.

SilverGhost
01-30-2011, 06:28 PM

Prove it.

If that was the case, Botchtista shouldn't even be in a ring.

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't see anything wrong with Christian in the ring or on the mic, its all about Vinnie not liking Christian, he never has and probably never will, despite all the great matches hes put on.

Iron Ape
01-30-2011, 06:30 PM
If it were up to the "industry", Christian would have been made a world champ long ago, as just about everyone but Vince loves the guy and recognizes his talent. So, again, I think you're just making stuff up.

Stihltygre
01-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Where exactly are you getting your information from that this is why Christian isn't main eventing? I'm just asking, because none of it's true.

McMahon has been low on Christian dating back to some head-shots (glamor shots for dudes) years ago where, after looking at them, McMahon declared something to the effect of "that guy will never main event in my company". McMahon is notoriously superficial, and once his mind is made up about something, that is usually that.

that's part of the issue ( i know what a head shot is... it's more than a glamour shot for dudes, it's a performers resume) Yes McMahon doesn't like him, prolly the biggest thing working against him but even if it wasn't, the other two Criteria WWE has for their main eventers aren't there. as for where am i getting my info.. i work in the entertainment industry, i know what is looked at to put on a good show... Christian is GOLD as the WWE's equivelant of a character actor, Upper mid-card guy we can get a pop or heat, someone who can sell other performers and carry a storyline so the main eventer ( leading man) doesn't have to.

in any show the most difficult roles are usually not the main character but the supporting cast, and in his role Christian is one of the best. in an industry where movement wasn't so important he would definately pull a lead spot.. but in THIS industry he falls short. TNA put more weight on in ring skill so he was able to pull a title run off with them but it wasn't nearly as successful as say Joe's, Angle's, or Styles, and a big part of that was his inability to look natural in the role.

WWTNA Mark
01-30-2011, 06:52 PM
that's part of the issue ( i know what a head shot is... it's more than a glamour shot for dudes, it's a performers resume) Yes McMahon doesn't like him, prolly the biggest thing working against him but even if it wasn't, the other two Criteria WWE has for their main eventers aren't there. as for where am i getting my info.. i work in the entertainment industry, i know what is looked at to put on a good show... Christian is GOLD as the WWE's equivelant of a character actor, Upper mid-card guy we can get a pop or heat, someone who can sell other performers and carry a storyline so the main eventer ( leading man) doesn't have to.

in any show the most difficult roles are usually not the main character but the supporting cast, and in his role Christian is one of the best. in an industry where movement wasn't so important he would definately pull a lead spot.. but in THIS industry he falls short. TNA put more weight on in ring skill so he was able to pull a title run off with them but it wasn't nearly as successful as say Joe's, Angle's, or Styles, and a big part of that was his inability to look natural in the role.

I find it funny that you act like you know how a main eventer looks when you clearly don't. I don't know and you don't know so stop trying to act like you do. We all know that Vince isn't high on Christian but i'm sure that it has nothing to do with how awkward he looks in the ring. Its just you stating reasons why Christian isn't a main eventer which is untrue to say the least.

Iron Ape
01-30-2011, 07:07 PM
This is just a wild guess, but your position in the entertainment industry doesn't involve writing, does it?

Unless you work in the actual wrestling industry, any point you're feebly attempting to make is moot. What works in one medium doesn't necessarily translate to another. So having worked in television or theater does not qualify one as an expert, or even make them remotely knowledgeable, about what is expected of one in the pro-wrestling arena. To posit that one knows the criteria expected of a wrestler because they worked in a semi-related field is sort of asinine.

Your whole character actor analogy is even worse, considering that it completely falls apart under any kind of serious scrutiny or analysis. Who was Christian supporting during his ECW run, exactly? Kind of hard to support the top guys when you're completely relegated to another show entirely (a show on which you're the top dog, mind you). And what about his stint on Smackdown? Considering that his most notable program was with a talent who had yet to be transitioned to the main event scene (a talent who has still yet to be fully transitioned to the main event scene, mind you), your assertion holds no water. In order to enhance the main talent or support them, you, um, actually have to work with them. There aren't character actors in pro-wrestling, because the hierarchies and endgames are entirely separate, and they will remain such until wrestling programs tell only one giant story, as opposed to separate smaller ones. So, yeah, no dice.

Do you ever do anything other than present misguided conjecture and speculation as being factual? This poorly written paragraph is just as chock full o' wrong and made-up nonsense as the last one I responded to.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 12:42 AM
This is just a wild guess, but your position in the entertainment industry doesn't involve writing, does it?

Unless you work in the actual wrestling industry, any point you're feebly attempting to make is moot. What works in one medium doesn't necessarily translate to another. So having worked in television or theater does not qualify one as an expert, or even make them remotely knowledgeable, about what is expected of one in the pro-wrestling arena. To posit that one knows the criteria expected of a wrestler because they worked in a semi-related field is sort of asinine.

Your whole character actor analogy is even worse, considering that it completely falls apart under any kind of serious scrutiny or analysis. Who was Christian supporting during his ECW run, exactly? Kind of hard to support the top guys when you're completely relegated to another show entirely (a show on which you're the top dog, mind you). And what about his stint on Smackdown? Considering that his most notable program was with a talent who had yet to be transitioned to the main event scene (a talent who has still yet to be fully transitioned to the main event scene, mind you), your assertion holds no water. In order to enhance the main talent or support them, you, um, actually have to work with them. There aren't character actors in pro-wrestling, because the hierarchies and endgames are entirely separate, and they will remain such until wrestling programs tell only one giant story, as opposed to separate smaller ones. So, yeah, no dice.

Do you ever do anything other than present misguided conjecture and speculation as being factual? This poorly written paragraph is just as chock full o' wrong and made-up nonsense as the last one I responded to.

Just straight burning him.

Trip_Fisk
01-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Maybe Christian doesn't want to be a WWE champion.
I have met Kane and RVD on separate occasions in the past... (San Diego Comic con) and as a teenager I asked RVD, when are you going to be a world champion? And he said something along the lines of, "As soon as I lose this (Points at wedding ring) I don't want the added pressure right now..."