PDA

View Full Version : Pops for Booker and Nash?

AndherestheJ
01-30-2011, 10:49 AM
I will say I am a fan of both of these guys. I have nothing against them being in the Rumble and even look forward to it.

But I hear many of us saying they'll get amazing pops.....and I have to disagree.

It's a different crowd these days for WWE. Guys like many here (20 or older) will remember Booker and Nash, but do you honestly think the 11 year old in the front row really knows who these guys are, much less cares.

He's there to see your Cenas, Ortons, and Miz's. Im just saying. Hate to say it though.

CMhuw24
01-30-2011, 11:02 AM
I beleive Booker T will get a big pop but for Kevin Nash, nah sorry none of the kids know who he is.

HeelTurn
01-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I beleive Booker T will get a big pop but for Kevin Nash, nah sorry none of the kids know who he is.

Unless they watch TNA.

Razorblade
01-30-2011, 11:04 AM
even though some of the young crowds might not recognize them, they will still get huge pops ... trust me man you'll see just watch the rumble and listen to the crowd'sreaction.. i hope both get inducted into the HOF

AndherestheJ
01-30-2011, 11:05 AM

Yeah I definately believe Booker will get the bigger pop.

CMhuw24
01-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Unless they watch TNA.

Isnt TNA 15+ ?
They may have naughty parents >.<

AndherestheJ
01-30-2011, 11:09 AM
even though some of the young crowds might not recognize them, they will still get huge pops ... trust me man you'll see just watch the rumble and listen to the crowd'sreaction.. i hope both get inducted into the HOF

Ok well let's say friggin' number 5 comes out and it's Dr. Wagner Jr from AAA....No one knows who he is over here. If they don't know the wrestler, they don't know the wrestler. It doesn't matter how big of a legend he is.

nrb6304
01-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Im gonna semi agree. Booker t will get a better INTIAL pop. When people hear his music" CAN YOU DIG IT?! SUCKA!!" People will go bonkers. But i think that no matter what music they use for Big Sexxy it wont be till he comes out that people flip.
BUT I am positive that Nash and Booker will get bigger pops then Kamala or Jim Duggen.
im almost tired of seeing Jim embarrasse himself on world wide tv.

nature boy
01-30-2011, 11:25 AM
whats with the hall of fame talk all of a sudden? why does EVERYONE have to be in the hall of fame, let nash and booker get a decent run, maybe an IC title here, or a tag team belt there, then after a few years, consider them for the hall of fame, WWE is in serious need of some guys that can actually WRESTLE, and even though nash might get injured putting on a condom, at least book knows his way around the ring..

SaberToothTigerz
01-30-2011, 11:30 AM

true i dont see it why adding "him" when u could fill the rumble with upcoming young stars like tarver and sheffield

CobraNightviper
01-30-2011, 11:45 AM
has any of this stuff been confirmed or is it one of those wait and see moments?

WWTNA Mark
01-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Your right AndherestheJ, but you have to look at it this way. WWE wants these two to be in the Rumble not for a huge pop but for the nostalgic feeling to the Rumble. Seeing Booker T and Kevin Nash going up against the young guys like NeXus, The Corre, Shameus, and the others will be amazing. It would add so much to the Rumble and Booker T and Kevin Nash would take you back down to memory lane from 1994 when Diesel competed in the Rumble to 2002 when Booker T competed in the Rumble. Just a nostalgic feeling thats all.

I say screw the little kiddies who don't know Booker T and Kevin Nash, we know him and would like to see them compete in the Rumble! Just saying. :)

AndherestheJ
01-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Your right AndherestheJ, but you have to look at it this way. WWE wants these two to be in the Rumble not for a huge pop but for the nostalgic feeling to the Rumble. Seeing Booker T and Kevin Nash going up against the young guys like NeXus, The Corre, Shameus, and the others will be amazing. It would add so much to the Rumble and Booker T and Kevin Nash would take you back down to memory lane from 1994 when Diesel competed in the Rumble to 2002 when Booker T competed in the Rumble. Just a nostalgic feeling thats all.

I say screw the little kiddies who don't know Booker T and Kevin Nash, we know him and would like to see them compete in the Rumble! Just saying. :)

Ur right. And i definitely will be watching with anticipation for them. :) I guess they have to throw us older fans a bone every once in awhile.

SaberToothTigerz
01-30-2011, 12:08 PM
has any of this stuff been confirmed or is it one of those wait and see moments?

its heating up alot
but idk if u can call it confirmed as of yet

AndherestheJ
01-30-2011, 12:44 PM
its heating up alot
but idk if u can call it confirmed as of yet

only Booker and Nash.

PrimusSucks
01-30-2011, 12:50 PM
RVD got a big pop when he returned, so did Piper and Snuka when they started brawling a few years back, Booker will get a pop for sure, Nash, not initially, he doesn't have the music to do so, he has the old Diesel theme which isn't really iconic at all, then has the theme he used in 04 which sounds like every other superstar's music, if JR were calling the Rumble then we would get a pop.

Stinger187
01-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Isnt TNA 15+ ?
They may have naughty parents >.<
parents in the US let there kids do whatever watch whatever, play whatever, surf whatever they want, so they don't have to deal with them.... It's sad...

Tommy Thunder
01-30-2011, 01:06 PM
whats with the hall of fame talk all of a sudden? why does EVERYONE have to be in the hall of fame, let nash and booker get a decent run, maybe an IC title here, or a tag team belt there, then after a few years, consider them for the hall of fame, WWE is in serious need of some guys that can actually WRESTLE, and even though nash might get injured putting on a condom, at least book knows his way around the ring..

Are you seriously suggesting that Kevin Nash should stick around after his RR cameo? And more than that, are you suggesting that he should get an IC belt run?! Nash can barely move in the ring these days. And by getting a title run, we'll all be complaining that he's burying younger talent!! Sorry but I don't want Nash back wrestling full time in WWE. I would like to see him in a manager or GM type of role, but as far as wrestling is concerned, it's a big NO from me.
I would love for Booker to get another run with the company though. Although he's into his 40's, he's still in awesome shape, and can still go in the ring. With all the young guys getting a main event push in WWE, they could actually do with another top star who can actually wrestle to help the young guys.

nickp
01-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Excited for the return of Booker T and Kevin Nash to the WWE tonight!

SaberToothTigerz
01-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Excited for the return of Booker T and Kevin Nash to the WWE tonight!

same
im not one of those wrestling fans who are unhappy with seeing the return of two greats, even if they are past their prime time

nrb6304
01-30-2011, 01:56 PM
true i dont see it why adding "him" when u could fill the rumble with upcoming young stars like tarver and sheffield

I agree Idk why but I really like Tarver. And Skip. I would rather see them then Duggen.
BUT let me make it clear I AGREE WITH BOOKER T AND KEVIN NASH!!!
I think the E needs some vets to help push young guys

Tommy Thunder
01-30-2011, 02:05 PM
same
im not one of those wrestling fans who are unhappy with seeing the return of two greats, even if they are past their prime time

I'm really looking forward to seeing both guys. I was a big Nash and Booker fan. Hope Booker sticks around for a while, and I wouldn't mind seeing Nash stay either, so long as he doesn't have to do too much wrestling.

PrimusSucks
01-30-2011, 02:20 PM
same

WWE could be killing two birds with one stone here, they could have two legends come back and put over young guys, and hype the WCW themed Hall Of Fame this at one time.

evilash
01-30-2011, 02:42 PM
I think Kevin Nash and Triple H will both induct HBK into the Hall of Fame - meaning Nash may have a Bret Hart deal, were he may be used up until the Hall of Fame before Wrestlemania, then disappear.

As for Booker T, I see him sticking around for one last run - but perhaps not a long one.

I would also LOVE to see Kevin Nash on Raw, cutting a classic promo on CM Punk and his New Nexus about them being "nWo Copycats", maybe even teaming up with John Cena to put Kevin Nash back into the good graces of the fans, and let the younger fans know who Kevin is.
I don't see Kevin returning as Diesel though, but who knows??

Can't wait for the Royal Rumble, though!!!

PrimusSucks
01-30-2011, 02:45 PM
I think Kevin Nash and Triple H will both induct HBK into the Hall of Fame - meaning Nash may have a Bret Hart deal, were he may be used up until the Hall of Fame before Wrestlemania, then disappear.

As for Booker T, I see him sticking around for one last run - but perhaps not a long one.

I would also LOVE to see Kevin Nash on Raw, cutting a classic promo on CM Punk and his New Nexus about them being "nWo Copycats", maybe even teaming up with John Cena to put Kevin Nash back into the good graces of the fans, and let the younger fans know who Kevin is.
I don't see Kevin returning as Diesel though, but who knows??

Can't wait for the Royal Rumble, though!!!

That is a good idea, but would Nash even want to team with Cena, either way I would love to see it.

PandaMassacre
01-30-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cdWNzrwqT0

Lowki
01-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Personally? I'm excited for the Rumble. I've not been looking forward to a wwe ppv in a LONG time! I just miss the surprises that you would get a lot of during the 90s from people jumping ship etc.

RR ftw. Oh and they will get pops, no doubt about that.

SevenCagedTigers
01-30-2011, 03:03 PM
I know that its my own fault for reading spoilers, but the fact that WWE couldn't keep these "surprise" appearances a secret disappoints me. It really takes away from the overall moment of shock when you know who the "surprise" entrants are gonna be. It shouldv'e been like, "Holy crap, Kevin Nash and Booker T!!! TNA is really gonna be screwed!!" But now its gonna be like, "Oh right, those guys. Yawn." Don't you agree?

SevenCagedTigers
01-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Im gonna semi agree. Booker t will get a better INTIAL pop. When people hear his music" CAN YOU DIG IT?! SUCKA!!" People will go bonkers. But i think that no matter what music they use for Big Sexxy it wont be till he comes out that people flip.
BUT I am positive that Nash and Booker will get bigger pops then Kamala or Jim Duggen.

As long as its not his old WOLFPACK music.... because you know what that usually means. Lets just hope this doesn't lead into the mentality of "Weve got Kevin Nash, lets have a Wolfpack reunion for ratings!!" Because no.

I'm only excited to see Nash in WWE because it means TNA will have to scramble with their "They" storyline. I don't wanna see the damn Wolfpack or NWO for the millionth &^#$@*& time

nrb6304
01-30-2011, 04:47 PM
RVD got a big pop when he returned, so did Piper and Snuka when they started brawling a few years back, Booker will get a pop for sure, Nash, not initially, he doesn't have the music to do so, he has the old Diesel theme which isn't really iconic at all, then has the theme he used in 04 which sounds like every other superstar's music, if JR were calling the Rumble then we would get a pop.

Took the words right out of my mouth. BUT, I think that once Kevin Nash walks out, he'll get the pop. In fact I have NO DOUBT that Big Sexy will get a GREAT pop, but just not initially.

K-Jammin
01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
your right, the kids wont know who nash is but even know he's a pretty crap wrestler im really excited to see him tonight! sad i know, but im an old school wcw fan so therefore im a fan of big sexy

ToWhomItConcerns.
01-31-2011, 12:02 AM
yes the silence was indeed deafening.

for those who didn't watch i'll let ya know now i'm being sarcastic.

SilverGhost
01-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Nash and Booker got so much pop from the crowd! Kids went crazy for Booker and the guys for Nash. That was crazy!

sXeKid
01-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Diesel got a HUGE pop! there were alot of older fans there tonight :D
I marked out along with striker please keep Booker T around the guy is awesome and you know it!
I'm thinking both Christian and Triple H will be back shortly to add a little more star power before wrestlemania 27

Looking pretty positive for the WWE if you ask me :D

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Surprisingly, and thankfully there weren't as many children as usual. I'm glad that Nash and Booker got their moment, and deserved pop from the older fans, rather than confusion from the kids.

WWE is indeed looking very promising this time around!
Its rumored that Nash will be inducted into the WWE HOF.
Same with Booker T, and Booker is also rumored to return full time, in a wrestler and announcer role(which is awesome).
WWE has just signed Mistico.

Scottland
01-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Nash as Diesel again got the BIGGEST pop of the night (by far) followed by Booker T. But damn that place went nuts for Diesel. I started to have flashbacks to the Federation Era.

sXeKid
01-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Surprisingly, and thankfully there weren't as many children as usual. I'm glad that Nash and Booker got their moment, and deserved pop from the older fans, rather than confusion from the kids.

WWE is indeed looking very promising this time around!
Its rumored that Nash will be inducted into the WWE HOF.
Same with Booker T, and Booker is also rumored to return full time, in a wrestler and announcer role(which is awesome).
WWE has just signed Mistico.

Dude i saw that Mistico signing and im MEGA excited!! hes like a young Rey from what I've seen :)

Both Nash and Booker T deserve the HOF but I'd like to see Booker wrestle a little more Nash can have his one more match if he pleases
But yeah tonight brought out that inner kid in me that loved watching WCW

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm glad that Nash, and Booker brought back nostalgia for us :D
I reckon Booker T can still have matches, but with a lighter schedule.

sXeKid
01-31-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm glad that Nash, and Booker brought back nostalgia for us :D
I reckon Booker T can still have matches, but with a lighter schedule.

I feel like the WWE was like "Here you go late 90's fans we give you Booker and Nash" :)

the lil me with the Wolf Pack t-shirt is very happy :D

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 01:38 AM
Both wrestlers also looked happier than they did in TNA, towards the end of their runs there. So I think they made the right choice by appearing at a WWE event.

captainmoonlight
01-31-2011, 03:29 AM
awesome pop for diesel, the kids must watch wwe vintage afterall :P

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 05:23 AM
awesome pop for diesel, the kids must watch wwe vintage afterall :P

I mostly only heard adults cheering on Diesel.

SaberToothTigerz
01-31-2011, 05:53 AM
i think the decent pops booker and nash got werent from the kids
probably from the grown ups who were like 50% of the arena

dres1214
01-31-2011, 09:18 AM
I completly MARKED out when i heard......CAN YOU DIG IT..SUCKAAA and when Kevin Nash walked out aka Diesel. Huge pops for both guys. I honestly thought Kevin Nash got the best pop, alongside Booker T.
I also marked out when Miz took out Cena!!!

Rassling_Fan
01-31-2011, 09:22 AM
My sisters loved Diesel back in the day and after seeing him they were cheering like the old days. But I hope it was a one time gig for him and he gets a cushy job away from the ring.

Booker T I don't mind seeing back in the ring.

EDIT: My favorite part about Nash's return was when Striker was saying that's Diesel, Miz goes "who?"