PDA

View Full Version : Everything About The Royal Rumble 2012 *KEEP IT HERE*

Pages : [1] 2 3

Automatic
01-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Almost three decades ago, the dream of modern-day WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon was made manifest with the birth of the squared circle’s most celebrated spectacle, WrestleMania. More than a quarter of a century later, an unprecedented 40 Superstars will have the ultimate opportunity to realize their dream of performing in the World Championship main event match on this now aggrandized stage for the most brilliant competitors.

They can dance on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania XXVII. But first, one man will need to surpass the efforts of 39 opposing competitors with the same aspiration in the 2011 Royal Rumble Match.

A celebrated tradition in WWE, the Rumble has boasted 30 men since 1989. Now, in 2011, the competition gets fiercer with an additional 10 gladiators, forging the biggest Rumble in history and guaranteeing not just a longer joust, but also more eliminations and over-the-top action.

A test of endurance, athleticism and survival at all costs, the Rumble Match is the definitive Battle Royal, where each Superstar’s prime objective is to propel their opponents over the top rope, with both feet touching the floor. Every 90 seconds, one of 40 elite ring warriors with randomly drawn Rumble entry numbers joins the fray. Though luck of the draw can be a critical factor in such a high-stakes situation (ideally, entering last like 2007 winner Undertaker and 2008 victor John Cena, both at No. 30), past Rumble winners have included Superstars who kicked off the Battle Royal at No. 1 (as seen in 1995 with Shawn Michaels).

But, with bodies being tossed out every moment and fresh competitors coming in at such a rapid pace, it’s really anyone’s match. (Watch a special look at the Rumble Match)

In the end, the last Superstar standing can officially punch a gold-embossed ticket to Atlanta's Georgia Dome, where they will contend for a World Title of their choosing at WrestleMania.

However, as the saying goes, “You have to be in it to win it.” Tune into WWE programming and stay logged on to WWE.com as entrants are named for the 24th annual Royal Rumble Match. Then be sure to witness this epic event live on pay-per-view on Sunday, Jan. 30, as the 2011 Royal Rumble defines the course of WWE's new year.

Source: WWE.com

Comment, thoughts?

CobraNightviper
01-17-2011, 03:16 PM
wasn't the first rumble aired on t.v?I think hacksaw Jim Duggan won it.

blackout version 1
01-17-2011, 03:21 PM
yes jim duggan did win the first one ever hoooooooooooooo :L :P

homer75751
01-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Maybe they are going to push a top tier star..(Cena, Orten, Morrison,..etc) to set a record (number 1 entrant winning, Longest time...etc)

NightWolf
01-17-2011, 03:35 PM
I think they have a few surprises in store for us or like I had said in the other RR thread... More Santino Marella-styled eliminations!!!

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 03:37 PM
I think they have a few surprises in store for us or like I had said in the other RR thread... More Santino Marella-styled eliminations!!!

NOOO Santino must keep his 1.5 second elimination! It is prestigious!

Stump
01-17-2011, 04:18 PM
I cannot think of 40 people I would WANT to see in the RR

daverende5
01-17-2011, 04:30 PM
NOOO Santino must keep his 1.5 second elimination! It is prestigious!

And: how the heck are you gonna beat that record!

This is a real old good vintage elimination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Pt5Zo4ycE&feature=related

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Maybe they are going to push a top tier star..(Cena, Orten, Morrison,..etc) to set a record (number 1 entrant winning, Longest time...etc)

That is not even funny. I'm happy with Kane as the competitor with the most eliminations in 1 Rumble match, at 11. I don't want to see Cena beat that, because Kane's monster gimmick suits that feat. He was unbeatable back then.

NightWolf
01-18-2011, 02:11 AM
That is not even funny. I'm happy with Kane as the competitor with the most eliminations in 1 Rumble match, at 11. I don't want to see Cena beat that, because Kane's monster gimmick suits that feat. He was unbeatable back then.

Back then being the keyword. Over the years Kane has been trying to get across to the fans that he is only human as compared to the invincible, and mysterious aura he had when he was wearing the mask. He was also intimidating to look at in person. But this 'human' Kane will be lucky enough to survive that long in the Rumble this year. I can already picture The Undertaker getting involved with Kane somehow at RR.

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 02:22 AM
Back then being the keyword. Over the years Kane has been trying to get across to the fans that he is only human as compared to the invincible, and mysterious aura he had when he was wearing the mask. He was also intimidating to look at in person. But this 'human' Kane will be lucky enough to survive that long in the Rumble this year. I can already picture The Undertaker getting involved with Kane somehow at RR.

I wanna know how. Isn't Taker injured?

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Yeah Taker is still injured, but there is always the possibility of a video appearing on the titantron during the Rumble, when Kane is in the ring with someone, and when there isn't a countdown clock. That will give Kane's opponent an opportunity to eliminate him, and leave Kane really pissed off. It will also make the crowd go crazy, and add a nice touch to an already amazing PPV.

Trip_Fisk
01-22-2011, 02:07 AM
I had this idea in my head a few days ago of what might happen in the Rumble....

Ted Dibiase is in the back with Maryese and Brodus Clay. Maryese and Ted ignore Brodus as Eve Torres comes by with the bucket of numbers to draw spots from. Brodus grabs one for Ted and it is number 40. Brodus shows it to Ted and he is excited about it. Later the Rumble match is on full swing and as it is time for number 40 to come out Ted gets pushed aside by Brodus and he enters the match in his place. Ted is angry and wants to get Brodus out of the ring but the referees make Ted stay away. Brodus eliminates a few big names too: Big Show, Shamus or Triple H before he is eliminated by a bunch of Nexus members or Super John Cena. This idea could also happen with Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodregez instead

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 03:41 AM
I had this idea in my head a few days ago of what might happen in the Rumble....

Ted Dibiase is in the back with Maryese and Brodus Clay. Maryese and Ted ignore Brodus as Eve Torres comes by with the bucket of numbers to draw spots from. Brodus grabs one for Ted and it is number 40. Brodus shows it to Ted and he is excited about it. Later the Rumble match is on full swing and as it is time for number 40 to come out Ted gets pushed aside by Brodus and he enters the match in his place. Ted is angry and wants to get Brodus out of the ring but the referees make Ted stay away. Brodus eliminates a few big names too: Big Show, Shamus or Triple H before he is eliminated by a bunch of Nexus members or Super John Cena. This idea could also happen with Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodregez instead

A big no to Ricardo. Even if he can wrestle.

Kashdinero
01-22-2011, 04:08 AM
A big no to Ricardo. Even if he can wrestle.

The main question regarding Ricardo is, will they let him wrestle, to the potential we know he can? After seeing how he was booked on NXT, it's gonna be hard for him to lose the stigma of an ring announcer/man servant, and convince management to book him in a more flattering way. His character is very entertaining though, Ricardo is seriously over right now! Good luck to him.

I can't wait to see if he's a surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble.

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 04:59 AM
The main question regarding Ricardo is, will they let him wrestle, to the potential we know he can? After seeing how he was booked on NXT, it's gonna be hard for him to lose the stigma of an ring announcer/man servant, and convince management to book him in a more flattering way. His character is very entertaining though, Ricardo is seriously over right now! Good luck to him.

I can't wait to see if he's a surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble.

I think they might have him help Del Rio in the Rumble, by having him grab a participant's leg, so they can't move, giving Del Rio a chance to go on the offense, or better yet, help him to win the Rumble!

He is indeed very entertaining right now. I like his facial expressions and the mouthing off he does when the announcer announces his name to the crowd, and then they boo him.

Kashdinero
01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
I think they might have him help Del Rio in the Rumble, by having him grab a participant's leg, so they can't move, giving Del Rio a chance to go on the offense, or better yet, help him to win the Rumble!

He is indeed very entertaining right now. I like his facial expressions and the mouthing off he does when the announcer announces his name to the crowd, and then they boo him.

He's getting close to receiving Vickie Guerrerro/Michael Cole heat. Not bad, for an out of shape, former masked wrestler in VinnieLand!

tshizzy34
01-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Yea I too agree that I think since them saying in the 1st raw of this year that this year was going to be the best ever I am thinking that they might have quite a few surprises for us this year and hopefully some or most of them will come at RR.

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 11:58 PM
He's getting close to receiving Vickie Guerrerro/Michael Cole heat. Not bad, for an out of shape, former masked wrestler in VinnieLand!

Yes he does have a big belly. Have you seen his matches as Chimeira(sorry I can't remember the spelling by heart) in FCW? I don't know if hes a high flyer. If he is, then thats awesome for a guy whos out of shape.

Kashdinero
01-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Yes he does have a big belly. Have you seen his matches as Chimeira(sorry I can't remember the spelling by heart) in FCW? I don't know if hes a high flyer. If he is, then thats awesome for a guy whos out of shape.

He is quite the Luchador, as in armdrags and ropeflips, he also has some nice stiff strikes. You should try to search for a few his matches on the indies. It's actually hard to imagine that they're the same guy! I don't think him being out of shape would affect his ability to wrestle, as there are many Luchador's whose physiques are, somewhat, lacking the "WWE look".... It'll certainly hamper his chances in VinnieLand, though.

The Brown One
01-23-2011, 04:35 AM
He is quite the Luchador, as in armdrags and ropeflips, he also has some nice stiff strikes. You should try to search for a few his matches on the indies. It's actually hard to imagine that they're the same guy! I don't think him being out of shape would affect his ability to wrestle, as there are many Luchador's whose physiques are, somewhat, lacking the "WWE look".... It'll certainly hamper his chances in VinnieLand, though.

He was in the indys?! Wow you learn something new everyday. I thought he was only a new guy in FCW. My mistake. Yeah, and also many wrestlers in Japan have a pot belly, and pull off the best matches you have ever seen!

Kashdinero
01-23-2011, 04:44 AM
He was in the indys?! Wow you learn something new everyday. I thought he was only a new guy in FCW. My mistake. Yeah, and also many wrestlers in Japan have a pot belly, and pull off the best matches you have ever seen!

If you look at a guy like Giant Bernard/A-Train, his physique is not what it was when he was in WWE, but in the ring, he's never been better! He's also well paid and massively over, so he he probably has no desire to return to "The Land Of The Roided Monsters" anytime soon. Good luck to him.

jelle1809
08-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Hey guys

I've been thinking on the Royal Rumble for next year.. (I know it's early) At this point we have a small problem considering the winner for the Rumble. Normally the winner would get a guaranteed main event spot. But this year the main event spots are already filled, right?

As we speak, we already know Daniel Bryan will cash in his MITB at WM28, so a smackdown guy wont be winning the rumble in my opinion. Which brings me to the covered WWE title...

When Cena won the title from Miz he stated that he would keep it untill mania, (which he lost by now) he stated that "what could be bigger than the rock vs john cena at WM28 with the wwe championship on the line". So in my opinion, Cena will win his title back in time making the WWE Championship match set at WM28.

So whoever will be the winner of the Royal Rumble of 2012, unfortunately he will not get a title shot at the grandest stage off them all.

However there is another way...

The only logical reason to this match is letting someone win the Rumble, with as ultimate price a shot for the Undertaker's undefeated streak for his final match at WM28.

Any thoughts on this?

Automatic
08-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Or a triple threat?

GR81
08-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Rock/Cena being for the title would be so dumb. It adds absolutely nothing to the match and diminishes the importance of all the other matches on the card. And at the same time, I'm fully expecting that match to be for the title.

As for the Rumble, I hate how they say that the winner of the Rumble goes on to "Main Event" Wrestlemania when Del Rio won the Rumble last year and was in the very first match at Mania. They should just guarantee a winner a WWE/WHC match and drop the "Main Event" BS because we all know that Cena will be in the actual main event if he's healthy and ready to go.

Y2Jryder
08-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Rock vs Cena should not be for the title

Y2Jryder
08-30-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm wondering if they make a 50 man royal rumble

No_1eddiefan
08-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I actually can't see Rock vs. Cena being for the WWE Championship.

I think that the Royal Rumble needs to get back to being about the dreams. I mean apart from Del Rio, the last time a non-time world champion won the Rumble was Rey in 2006. And the last time somebody won the championship after winning the Rumble was 2007, Undertaker. The losing streak should stop.

I wanna see John Morrison win the Rumble and go to Mania to face The Miz as the WWE Champion. This way, they can actually have a great feud instead of a few weeks where they have a couple of promos, a couple of run-ins and one match, before it's all forgotten, plus it helps Morrison get to the top.

Then again, with Melina at his side, Morrison can say hello to the pre-show Battle Royal at WM28.

Reloval
08-30-2011, 11:39 AM
CM Punk wins Rumble, inserts himself into the Main Event with Rock and Cena, since he has been voicing his opinion on that match quite frequently. I know this won't happen, but dont think it's any worse then having Cena vs Rock for the Title.

68wPayne
08-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Undertaker wins Royal Rumble, wrestles himself at Mania, thereby winning and losign simultaneously and they implode in on themselves creating a black hole that sucks in the entire known universe.

That or nothing is set in stone yet so the people in charge don't even know what they are going to do yet

jelle1809
08-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Undertaker wins Royal Rumble, wrestles himself at Mania, thereby winning and losign simultaneously and they implode in on themselves creating a black hole that sucks in the entire known universe.

That or nothing is set in stone yet so the people in charge don't even know what they are going to do yet

True, but if you think about it. What will WWE do?

WWE title match is 99% Cena vs. Rock
WHC title match is also set.

Obviously, there is only one way left. Facing The Undertaker..

Rebel Lion
08-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Maybe Wade Barrett wins the Royal Rumble and inserts himself in the Daniel Bryan vs. the World Heavyweight Champion match....creating a triple threat.

jelle1809
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Maybe Wade Barrett wins the Royal Rumble and inserts himself in the Daniel Bryan vs. the World Heavyweight Champion match....creating a triple threat.

who knows, although it would create a great new development storyline :)

Automatic
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM

That would be a cool idea if Barret and Danielson would keep feuding over the MITB briefcase and Barret would eventually end up losing, but the Royal Rumble winner is most of the times a main eventer.

Daffy Duck's Finest
08-30-2011, 01:15 PM
As I said on the previous RR discussion, I feel as if it will be Rock/ Cena for WWE Championship...

HOWEVER, the more I think about it, I could see WWE doing a first ever (what they seem to like doing a lot) Champion v Royal Rumble winner v MITB winner.

It'd be kind of cool IMO

timfeyenoord
08-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Or either Jericho or Punk wins it and the main events are:

WWE Championship: Punk vs Jericho
WHC: Danielson vs ...
Cena vs Rock

maar13
08-30-2011, 01:36 PM
I think Punk will win the Rumble and will go for the WWE championship, which will belong to either Del Rio or Jericho if he comes back.

Punk is on a roll and has the tools to be a lasting main eventer, if they play their game correctly, he can get a huge momentum going for the title at Wrestlemania.

Del Rio if played well, changing his tone a bit can become a great champion, but if that flops you can have Jericho take the belt and become a Heel agian to face the new anti-hero CM Punk.

Also I thing Orton might last as champion until Mania or will lose the belt and will ge tit back right before Mania so he and Bryan cna had the mach Bryan has been calling for a while.

Making the Card of Mania something like this:

The Rock VS John Cena.
WWE C: CM Punk VS Jericho or ADR.
WHC: Daniel Bryan VS Randy Orton.
Undertaker VS TBA.

That looks pretty solid if you think about it.

Gameover
08-30-2011, 02:13 PM
It's become quite of a rule, that 2 smackdown guys win the rumble and then two raw guys.. Let me show u.

Royal Rumble 2004: Chris Benoit, Raw
Royal Rumble 2005: Batista, Raw
Royal Rumble 2006: Rey Mysterio, Smackdown
Royal Rumble 2007: Undertaker, Smackdown
Royal Rumble 2008: John Cena, Raw
Royal Rumble 2009: Randy Orton, Raw
Royal Rumble 2010: Edge, Smackdown
Royal Rumble 2011: Alberto Del Rio, Smackdown.

Next winner will come from Raw if this is correct. :D

Reloval
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
It's going to be CM Punk Vs Undertaker Vs Jericho Vs SCSA vs HHH vs Daniel Bryan vs ADR vs The Rock vs John Cena vs Kamala in a 10 man elimination chamber mitb match with the MITB breifcase, both titles, a diet pepsi, a bud light, the urn, Stephanie McMahon, Ricardo Rodrigous, a box of fruity pebbles and a movie contract to star in Spy Kids 17 hanging above the ring.

Y2J___Y2J
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I personally doubt that Daniel Bryan will cash in at WM.. I hope he does but doubt it.
Cena vs Rock doesn't need to have the title on the line and it won't because it doesn't do anything for the match.
I'm thinking a Miz win or possibly a returning Jericho if he's not busy with Fozzy

TNA 'The very best'
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Chris Irvine will not be in a WWE ring before 'Mania. and for anyone thinking he will be, Fozzy is touring the UK in November. If DB still has the briefcase by 'Mania then.. Well he wont. (sad but true).I would like a Champ vs RR winner Vs MITB holder though would be pretty good build up, but it will be cashed in before then.

SkilletBoi
08-30-2011, 02:56 PM
anyting could happen, considering the royal rumble is next year and the WWE are deciding what they do just hours before they do them, for all we know by royal rumble yoshi tatsu could be the WWE champion.

No_1eddiefan
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
It's become quite of a rule, that 2 smackdown guys win the rumble and then two raw guys.. Let me show u.

Royal Rumble 2004: Chris Benoit, Raw
Royal Rumble 2005: Batista, Raw
Royal Rumble 2006: Rey Mysterio, Smackdown
Royal Rumble 2007: Undertaker, Smackdown
Royal Rumble 2008: John Cena, Raw
Royal Rumble 2009: Randy Orton, Raw
Royal Rumble 2010: Edge, Smackdown
Royal Rumble 2011: Alberto Del Rio, Smackdown.

Next winner will come from Raw if this is correct. :D

Technically, Benoit was a Smackdown guy when he won the Rumble ;)

BelgianMMA
08-30-2011, 03:22 PM
If Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble, the problem is solved... I know it's very unlikely, but it would be a smart solution for a complicated problem. However, if Chris Jericho is going to return in 2012, he will win the Rumble ( no doubt about it )... but we don't know yet wether he's going to return by the rumble. If this is the scenario, well creative have screwed themselves. :)

68wPayne
08-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Or maybe Bryan will cash in early and say that he was lying

AOF666
08-30-2011, 04:21 PM
A Smackdown star can win the rumble

The Brown One
08-30-2011, 05:20 PM
I swear I saw this thread on another forum yesterday. Anyway, I think that there will likely be a triple threat for the WHC at Mania. It will be a chance to put over the "new and younger" talent like Bryan and Barrett, while having a top face of the company still in the main event - Orton.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
A Smackdown star can win the rumble

Really wow so both brands are in the rumble?

News to me
__________________________________________________ _______________

And yeah can we please wait until November or December before we have a Royal Rumble thread there is like 5 months to go yet

kelly94
08-30-2011, 05:43 PM
i agree with most other people, rock vs cena does not need to be for the title. its already gonna overshadow everything else, dont make it worse by having it for the title

tshizzy34
08-30-2011, 06:53 PM
As said before Cena vs Rock for the title is pointless unless Rock is hanging around full time. Otherwise I dunno

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 06:55 PM
As said before Cena vs Rock for the title is pointless unless Rock is hanging around full time. Otherwise I dunno

Title match will be Punk vs Trips

RagingBallsFTW
08-30-2011, 08:17 PM
I can see Jericho returning and winning the Royal Rumble to face Punk at WM for the WWE championship. Of course, Punk would have to beat Del Rio first, which can easily take place at TLC, RR, or even EC.

jelle1809
08-31-2011, 03:03 AM
okay people, and how about my logical solution?

rss3004
09-29-2011, 09:26 AM
The 'E have really screwed up the scene for Wrestlemania. It'll probably be Cena vs Rock for the WWE title, and Bryan vs the WH Champion for the WHC. So who will the winner of the Royal Rumble face?

Gazza010
09-29-2011, 09:45 AM
You are making that statement based on the fact that nothing will change from what it is now.

It has been said many a time that things in WWE change all the time.

Who's to say that DB cashes in earlier?
Who's to say that the Rock vs Cena will not be infact for the title?
Why cant the WHC match be more than a straight 1 vs 1?

With 5 months until WM, anything is possible . .

thunderprince09
09-29-2011, 10:07 AM
You are making that statement based on the fact that nothing will change from what it is now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rilla
09-29-2011, 10:15 AM
If they start building up DBD, I wouldn't be opposed to a Cody/Orton/DBD for the WHC

the-rocks-stunner
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
cm punk wins the 50 man rumble punk v cena v rock for cenas title

rss3004
09-29-2011, 10:42 AM

yeah, things might change. But as of now they haven't.
Rock vs Cena will be for the WWE championship, both have said.
DB can cash in earlier, but he's said he'll cash it in at WM.

And nobody's going to cash in a MITB for a triple threat match, your chances of winning reduces from 50% to 33%.

rss3004
09-29-2011, 10:48 AM
cm punk wins the 50 man rumble punk v cena v rock for cenas title

This could happen, but Rock vs Cena is the selling point of the event.

SESAfro
09-29-2011, 10:53 AM
yeah, things might change. But as of now they haven't.
Rock vs Cena will be for the WWE championship, both have said.
DB can cash in earlier, but he's said he'll cash it in at WM.

And nobody's going to cash in a MITB for a triple threat match, your chances of winning reduces from 50% to 33%.
But it's Danielson were talking about. Sure he's a great ringer performer and we all know it, but if he does wait to cash it, I just don't see him winning at WrestleMania. It Kay be heart breaking for us but it can add more realism to the briefcase if someone actually loses.

HCollins-TNA1
09-29-2011, 10:53 AM
One of the matches could be triple threat.... just how it looking...
The Rock vs Cena match don't need no- one else in it IMO.... But if it should be for the WWE title, it could be very interesting???

Now , I do believe Daniel Bryan will cash in his MITB briefcase at WM to keep his word.... Maybe he might wait till after one of the title matches to do so???

the-rocks-stunner
09-29-2011, 10:57 AM
This could happen, but Rock vs Cena is the selling point of the event.

punk vs cena vs rock will treble the buy rate

BrandonLoopsTV
09-29-2011, 11:03 AM
I can see d bryan cashing it in AFTER a wrestlemania match. like say example "orton vs rhodes' orton wins, DB comes out cashes in. It can turn him heel easily, and It'd be pretty cool to see.

thesubverse
09-29-2011, 11:11 AM
punk vs cena vs rock will treble the buy rate

you sure it won't bass it?

rss3004
09-29-2011, 11:13 AM
One of the matches could be triple threat.... just how it looking...
The Rock vs Cena match don't need no- one else in it IMO.... But if it should be for the WWE title, iit could be very interesting???

Now , I do believe Daniel Bryan will cash in his MITB briefcase WM to keep his word.... Maybe he might wait till after one of the title matches to do so???

Maybe they could do a MITB like cashing in by the RR winner? Have the winner select the title at the end of the match at WM. Can it be done or does the winner have to select the title earlier?

wrestlingfan66513
09-29-2011, 11:14 AM
The 'E have really screwed up the scene for Wrestlemania. It'll probably be Cena vs Rock for the WWE title, and Bryan vs the WH Champion for the WHC. So who will the winner of the Royal Rumble face?

Why do people keep thinking that Rock vs Cena will be for the title. Rock is not there for full time work and it wouldn't make sense. The winner of the rumble will probably face who ever is Raw champion and for Smackdown it could be DB vs whoever is champ or a triple threat match if the rumble winner chooses the Smackdown Champ. But don't forget DB can't cash in on the Raw champ.

Sully
09-29-2011, 11:20 AM

I'm going to be another person to state, that this man raised all the points that are needed to be raised on this topic. He's absolutely correct at that, I mean just because DB said he'd wait till Mania, ANYTHING can happen. He could end up having to defend it against somebody and losing it. You never know what will happen with Bryan.

For Rock and Cena nothing is confirmed either, I mean, hell WWE even said that they were considering scratching the idea, I highly doubt that would happen but it's still possible with Vince's mood swings.

Kerrastone
09-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Why do people keep thinking that Rock vs Cena will be for the title. Rock is not there for full time work and it wouldn't make sense. The winner of the rumble will probably face who ever is Raw champion and for Smackdown it could be DB vs whoever is champ or a triple threat match if the rumble winner chooses the Smackdown Champ. But don't forget DB can't cash in on the Raw champ.

It wouldn't really make sense for Cena to keep demanding that it will be for the title and then at the end devalue the match by Cena losing the title. He has been saying "it will be for the title" for months. It is going to be for the title.

thesubverse
09-29-2011, 11:33 AM
I've only heard him say it once.

The_Awesome_One
09-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Jericho return at Rumble wins it setting up a 3-way at mania

Jericho VS D-Bry VS Cody Rhodes

Y2J___Y2J
09-29-2011, 11:49 AM
It'd be stupid to have Cena vs Rock for the title.. the match doesn't need it, so why not have someone else in a WWE title match, with the clash of the titans as the main event..
It's waaaaaaaay to early to be calling Mania right now..

holgerwich
09-29-2011, 11:55 AM
If they start building up DBD, I wouldn't be opposed to a Cody/Orton/DBD for the WHC
DPD? Daniel Bryan Danielson? What?

LuckIsForLosers
09-29-2011, 11:56 AM
WHC - would LOVE to see Cody Rhodes for the WHC, would be incredible. Rhodes/Orton/Danielson would be an incredible match. And Cody is very deserving. In my ideal world Henry will keep the title until Rumble where he'll drop to Randy and then have a feud with Taker, where Taker will beat him in his penultimate Mania. Then Orton drops to DB or Cody. I am a big fan of DB, but am a HUGE fan of Cody, so seeing Cody win that triple threat and DB losing because he cashed in "the honourable way" and then a heel turn would be fantastic. But this is too much to ask of the E, who don't do great things.

WWE title - am I the only one who HOPES TO GOD that Cena v Rock isn't for the title? 1) Because that likely means Cena is the champ from now till March (BORING). 2) Because more deserving stars/young talent thus get screwed over for God knows how much longer. 3) Cena will WIN - I'm SORRY Rock fans - Rock will NOT be a permanent part of the roster EVER again. He has too many Hollywood roles lined up for next year, Fast Furious 6 is confirmed to have him. They thus won't give the championship to him and thus Cena will not only beat The Great One at Mania, but he'll also be Champion AGAIN (zzzz). Rather see any of the following wrestle for the WHC at Mania: Punk/Miz/Truth/ADR/Jericho

lewism173
09-29-2011, 12:11 PM

I have a feeling either triple threat world title or daniel cashes in before mania becoming heel

Necroyeti
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN FOR A HISTORIC FOURTH TIME

KICK WHAM STUNNER y'all

rss3004
09-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Best case : Cena vs Rock gets scrapped and we get Punk vs Jericho for the WWE championship.
The WHC might be vacated, and the RR winner and DB for the title.

Worst case : Cena vs Rock for the WWE championship, with Cena winning his 1000th title, and DB losing the case before WM.

Gazza010
09-29-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm going to be another person to state, that this man raised all the points that are needed to be raised on this topic. He's absolutely correct at that, I mean just because DB said he'd wait till Mania, ANYTHING can happen. He could end up having to defend it against somebody and losing it. You never know what will happen with Bryan.

For Rock and Cena nothing is confirmed either, I mean, hell WWE even said that they were considering scratching the idea, I highly doubt that would happen but it's still possible with Vince's mood swings.

Thank you for the kind comments my friend! :)

jhorton1215
09-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Here's something to wonder... What if Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble? And still holds the MITB briefcase?

rss3004
09-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Here's something to wonder... What if Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble? And still holds the MITB briefcase?

That angle could be used to unify the titles.

AOF666
09-29-2011, 03:47 PM
This again!!! Wasn't there several other threads about this?

cubco
09-29-2011, 05:30 PM
the only way Mark Henry will lose the title is if he can't climb the ladder at TLC, but they will probably make it a tables or chair match. Or if everyone just gangs up on him at Elimination Chamber so he is eliminated, which Orton will win. Or if the undertaker comes back to kill him, which is very unlikely. DB will cash in at Mania, but im thinking triple threat with rumble winner.

Randy Orton (c) vs Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes or Christian (depending on who they want to give the rub to)

DB won't win, but it would be a nice touch if Christian wins. He has been chasing the title all year, wins the rumble and then finally wins the gold at Mania. Christian and DB can have a match at EC to build up for it, whilst Henry defends in the Chamber. - Rhodes is on a run, so that would be a great choice too. I think he will get to the main event in 2012 and maybe even win the gold, but not at mania.

Cena and the Rock do NOT need the title for Mania. But the title must be defended. All i can think of is John Morrison vs Alberto Del Rio (c), because i imagine Punk will be in a big match and maybe a big tag team match between Swagger and Ziggler; Awesome Truth; and Air Boom, so that will keep the title off of them. - All the other big names will be in other matches at mania too, like Undertaker and his challenger.

If you have read that post, then i lied about it all. There is only one man capable of winning the rumble and it is Zack Ryder. He is going to overshadow the rock and cena. and will win the title for the broskis.

cubco
09-29-2011, 05:37 PM

you are a genius. unify the titles. this could be the way to do it. he beats Orton for the world title, then cashes in the mitb later in the night to win the wwe title? that would be mark out worthy big time!!!! .... but then again, this is the WWE ..... but then again, they say 'change' is happening so who knows. omg i hope this happens.

Androo
09-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Imagine D. Bry cashes it in to interject himself into a Title match between Rock n Cena! Rock v Cena v Bryan! Awesololsome! :cool::cool::cool:

zrdt12
09-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Imagine D. Bry cashes it in to interject himself into a Title match between Rock n Cena! Rock v Cena v Bryan! Awesololsome! :cool::cool::cool:

Then pull off a Chris Benoit magnitude win like vs HBK and HHH.

My top picks to win the rumble would be Miz/Big Show. Considering Show always gets close and if he's almost done and wants one more moment it could be for the WHC against Orton or somethin.

What if Cena wins the WWE title before Mania. Miz wins the Rumble and gets his match against Cena. But Rock already has the match so it's triple threat. Danielson goes out with an injury close to mania to make ppl try to forget about him. Then right before the match he says he is cashing in to make it a fatal four way.

Danielson makes Miz tap out. Then at the next ppv Rock/Cena 1 on 1 and Danielson defends against the Miz.

BlazersDozen
09-29-2011, 11:35 PM

I don't recall DB saying he's going to cash in for a fair match...just that he's going to cash in at WM...keep that in mind.

rss3004
09-30-2011, 02:24 AM
The MITB is brand-specific. Bryan cannot cash it in for the WWE title.
And if he attempts a sneak attack type cash in, it will be useless because the champion will already know that he is going to cash it in at Wrestlemania.
The most important thing about the MITB is that it can be cashed in anytime, anywhere. Bryan has already taken away his advantage by telling when he's going to cash it in.

LuckIsForLosers
09-30-2011, 03:29 AM
the only way Mark Henry will lose the title is if he can't climb the ladder at TLC, but they will probably make it a tables or chair match. Or if everyone just gangs up on him at Elimination Chamber so he is eliminated, which Orton will win. Or if the undertaker comes back to kill him, which is very unlikely. DB will cash in at Mania, but im thinking triple threat with rumble winner.

Randy Orton (c) vs Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes or Christian (depending on who they want to give the rub to)

DB won't win, but it would be a nice touch if Christian wins. He has been chasing the title all year, wins the rumble and then finally wins the gold at Mania. Christian and DB can have a match at EC to build up for it, whilst Henry defends in the Chamber. - Rhodes is on a run, so that would be a great choice too. I think he will get to the main event in 2012 and maybe even win the gold, but not at mania.

Cena and the Rock do NOT need the title for Mania. But the title must be defended. All i can think of is John Morrison vs Alberto Del Rio (c), because i imagine Punk will be in a big match and maybe a big tag team match between Swagger and Ziggler; Awesome Truth; and Air Boom, so that will keep the title off of them. - All the other big names will be in other matches at mania too, like Undertaker and his challenger.

If you have read that post, then i lied about it all. There is only one man capable of winning the rumble and it is Zack Ryder. He is going to overshadow the rock and cena. and will win the title for the broskis.

This is an interesting post. Basically agree with the WHC thing..I DO believe that Henry will drop at some point between TLC-Elimination Chamber and then face Taker at Wrestlemania, where Henry will lose.

Agree with the Cena Rock comment, but do you SERIOUSLY think that John "Buried To Vladimir Kozlov Levels" Morrison will REALLY be at the main event of ANY show, let alone a PPV, let alone MANIA and let alone for a title?! Miz, ADR, Ziggler, Truth, Punk and maybe even Jericho are more likely to be competing for the WWE title.

BlazersDozen
09-30-2011, 06:16 AM
The MITB is brand-specific. Bryan cannot cash it in for the WWE title.
And if he attempts a sneak attack type cash in, it will be useless because the champion will already know that he is going to cash it in at Wrestlemania.
The most important thing about the MITB is that it can be cashed in anytime, anywhere. Bryan has already taken away his advantage by telling when he's going to cash it in.

Being a sneak attack was never the reason guys lost the belts to MITB winners. Its because they are usually broken & can barely move.

It isn't even really a sneak attack. They run to the announce table & tell everyone he's cashing in & to get a ref then wait for a ref or they stage on the stage with a ref & a mic & announce they are cashing in. The beaten & battered champion can always see Mr. MITB coming down the ramp.

rss3004
09-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Being a sneak attack was never the reason guys lost the belts to MITB winners. Its because they are usually broken & can barely move.

It isn't even really a sneak attack. They run to the announce table & tell everyone he's cashing in & to get a ref then wait for a ref or they stage on the stage with a ref & a mic & announce they are cashing in. The beaten & battered champion can always see Mr. MITB coming down the ramp.

That's what I meant to say. The MITB can be used when the champion is most vulnerable.
And its not necessary that MITB has to be cashed in after a match, Punk cashed in his first after Edge was destroyed by Batista on his celebration ceremony on Raw.

HBK
09-30-2011, 09:46 AM
IMO I dont think the Taker should have a WM match, I mean if they want it to end at 20-0 or 19-1 then Taker's last Mania match should be last and this yr it will be Cena vs Rock

steveorton
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
I want to see Punk vs Y2J for the WWE championship so if either of them wins the Rumble I wouldn't mind

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
From how it is looking from a development stand-point.. Cody Rhodes, Ezekiel Jackson, or Zack Ryder might win this years Royal Rumble.

steveorton
09-30-2011, 10:27 AM
From how it is looking from a development stand-point.. Cody Rhodes, Ezekiel Jackson, or Zack Ryder might win this years Royal Rumble.

I must admit this is a very good point I have forgotten that RR should try to elevate a star to Main Event so in that case I wouldn't mind if Cody Rhodes won.

jhorton1215
09-30-2011, 11:13 AM
I personally would like to see The Undertaker put over someone like Cody Rhodes in his last match. Not let Rhodes win obviously, but make it into a Hell of a Match, and have Cody just come up short, putting him in that Main Event Spotlight.

rss3004
09-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Rhodes winning the rumble would be awesome!

wrestlingfan66513
09-30-2011, 01:47 PM

Rock vs Cena won't be a title match, DB can only use MITB on the Smackdown title.

steveorton
09-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Rhodes winning the rumble would be awesome!

All Rhodes Lead To Victory :)

AWrestlingGod
10-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Lol there is probably a million post about this but for some reason i have a weird feeling that some one like Dolph Ziggler
Will win the Royal Rumble I fill like this royal rumble where gonna have a major shocker and a upset and I feel Dolph Ziggler with his new theme song, with vickie guerrero he may win the royal rumble.

SO DOLPH ZIGGLER FOR RR 2012

Automatic
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I think you are the first about the RR 2012. But the RR winner in general is a established name.

cfcpiedro
10-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I think you are the first about the RR 2012. But the RR winner in general is a established name.

Del Rio wasn't that established when he won it...

AWrestlingGod
10-02-2011, 02:18 PM
who do you think will win the rr

Automatic
10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Del Rio wasn't that established when he won it...

In general. But he was main event from the minute he popped up.

The Awesome One
10-02-2011, 02:45 PM
I'd love to see Jericho return and win. He could then go onto WM and feud with Punk for the WWE title!

thatguy2011
10-02-2011, 02:57 PM
I agree with Ziggler winning, if he doesn't make him MITB.

gravesismizfan
10-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Have Zach ryder enter one go crazy eliminating people then a heel like elimination from like Dolph

Y2J___Y2J
10-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Well with talk of Cody's push then that's who I'm going with..! unless he's pushed to the title picture before that...
Or someone returning.. Y2J .. Taker.. Big Show.. Kane..

The_Awesome_One
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
D-bry to win an unifiy titles

MinistryOfDarkness
10-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I also hope Ziggler wins it.

Russo swerve
10-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Wade barret is gonna win it

BlazersDozen
10-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I feel its going to be a old guy like Orton, Show, Kane or Triple H

Joonny
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I like Chris Jericho, but return and win?
Smells like Cena 2008 and Edge 2010.

Nah, my 3 top choices to win the next rumble is Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler or CM Punk.
But it's about 4 months until. Anything can happen.

capn-edu
10-02-2011, 03:25 PM
im with either ziggler or rhodes
or even a returning superstar like Y2J
but the rumble winner has to win this year
every person who has one the rumble hasn't won wrestlmania for the past couple of years :/

Van-Wilder
10-02-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd love to see someone like Dolph, Cody or Wade win it but my money is on the The Miz. I have a feeling the WWE title match at WM28 will be Miz vs Punk. Or maybe a win for Punk with Miz going into WM28 as champ?

cymru96123
10-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Either Barrett, Rhodes or A-Ry IMO

HeelTurn
10-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Sheamus or Barrett, but possibly Jericho if he returns then, but who knows what will happen over the next few months and who will be champ at Mania.

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I hope that Kane comes back and wins it. Let's face it, apart from the Inferno match, Kane's legacy will be owning everyone at the Royal Rumble. He needs a Royal Rumble victory to cement his legacy in WWE.

And it would be intriguing to see a Kane v Orton v Bryan kind of match at Wrestlemania (Big guy v Big name v Good wrestler)

Mikeyboy7777777
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
I hope either cody rhodes dolph ziggler wade barrett sheamus christian drew mcintyre zack ryder or y2j to win the rumble the rest I just don't see them doing it

masakaritko
10-02-2011, 04:02 PM
You say big names generally win, and I think dolph ziggler is becoming a big name, plus he was World Heavyweight champion for 11 minutes and 23 seconds before, and surprisingly it is officially recognized by WWE as a reign. I looked at a list of RR winners, and generally you are right, there are quite a few in there that may have been big names for a long time now, but at the time of their first RR win they were not quite a big name, HBK for instance, he won his first RR and was well known, but not exactly a "big name," didn't win his title match at WM XI against Diesel, but won RR the following year and finally won the big one. I would say the same could go for Rey Mysterio, but he was already a big name although he had never been a world champion before that. So, although rare, the RR has been used to catapult careers and bring somebody from the midcard to the top a few times before. Austin didn't win the big one until he won the RR as well, even though he had already been the biggest draw in the company for a while before that ever since winning KOTR almost a year earlier. Anywho, I wouldn't rule out a surprise winner at RR this year. I'm sure we can rule out Cena winning, and probably Punk and Orton as well, just because of the fact that Cena's WM match is already set, whether he's champ or not at the time, and Orton will probably not get it because he'll probably be champ again by that time. Punk will probably not be in a championship match, but rather a "steal the show" kind of match with one of these men: Jericho, Taker, or Austin, so you can rule him out. Alberto Del Rio is the wildcard here, he could win again, or lose, just because I'm not sure where he'll be come wrestlemania, possibly already Champ again, b/c I just don't want Cena vs. Rock to be for the title. I leave you a list of the only possible winners of the royal rumble:

1.Del Rio
2.Jericho (only if Punk is the champion)
3. Dolph Ziggler
4. Cody Rhodes
5.Sheamus
6.Wade Barrett
7.Undertaker (If they were to have him retire with the streak in tact and with the title)
8. Miz
9. R-truth (doubtful but possible)
10. Christian (maybe)
People who definately won't:
1. Rey Mysterio (won't be back in time for RR)
2. Heath Slater (duh)
3 Justin Gabriel (although I'd like to see him win)
4. Triple H (I'm pretty sure he's done with going after titles, even after Vince comes back)
5. Booker T (they wan't one last feud with him, and likely to be putting over Cody Rhodes,)
6. Kevin Nash (I see no more titles in his future)
7. Alex Riley (too early, maybe in 5 years)
8. Big Show (giants don't generally win RR)
9. Great Khali (there's a shocker)
10. Drew McIntyre (dropped off the map)
11. Daniel Bryan (cashing in MITB at Mania, remember?)
12. John Morrison (Vince don't really like him that much)
13. I'm bored of naming off the rest of the names from the roster so we'll just say the rest of the roster has no chance at winning RR)

the-rocks-stunner
10-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Mick Foley :)

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
If I do a RR pool where basically you need to guess the order of the entries and the winner, (person with the smallest difference wins) would anyone be interested in doing it?

mysterash
10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I would be interested, sounds like a good idea.

AWrestlingGod
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I would be interested, sounds like a good idea.

Yeah sure why not

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
My heart says Barrett!

My head says Sheamus!!

masakaritko
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
we have a long way to go before RR so when would you be starting the pool? now or wait until at least the end of december?

Russo swerve
10-02-2011, 04:28 PM
I hope either cody rhodes dolph ziggler wade barrett sheamus christian drew mcintyre zack ryder or y2j to win the rumble the rest I just don't see them doing it

Zack ryder??? Yea right

K2Jelly
10-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Zack ryder??? Yea right

Now THAT would be a Russo swerve.

Subject Zero
10-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Could be Christian.

But i would guess at CM Punk. The guy is hot right now. I can see something like WWE not allowing Punk a title shot then someone lets him in the Rumble he wins staying in for a record amount of time and gets a shot at Mania against Triple H or Del Rio.

kersh
10-02-2011, 04:44 PM
got to give it to cody,

would love it to be Barrett but i have a bad feeling that he had simply droppped down to mid card never to return to the top flight

Subject Zero
10-02-2011, 04:51 PM
got to give it to cody,

would love it to be Barrett but i have a bad feeling that he had simply droppped down to mid card never to return to the top flight

Hes English all Brits are Midcarders in WWE/WWF end off.

smellmycooking
10-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I think Punk will win and demand a triple threat with Cena and Rock!

MattTY2JHBK
10-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I genuinely believe that there is a good chance that Chris Jericho will be #30 and win the Rumble, then go on to face CM Punk at Wrestlemania XXVIII for the WWE Championship. CM Punk would win the Elimination Chamber at the PPV beforehand, and be involved in segments with Jericho leading up to the big event. I'd love it to happen... and I believe it will unfold something like this :D

Lowki
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Daniel Bryan who loses THEN cashes in his MITB? So one guy has TWO title shots in one night. Could even be the first to LOSE his MITB cash in.. Even though i don't want it to happen to DB, the First "loser" has to happen sometime.

MattTY2JHBK
10-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I think Punk will win and demand a triple threat with Cena and Rock!
I really hope that the John Cena Vs The Rock match will NOT be for the WWE Title. The bout has been (and should) promoted as an Icon Vs Icon match, featuring two of the greatest superstars from different generations. By adding the WWE Title into the equation, it changes its purpose. Besides, the WWE Championship should be used to built another good feud between two other deserving wrestlers. Sorry if I've gone a little off topic... :D

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Okay well here are my three picks to win the Royal Rumble:

1.) If Cena is the champ-The Rock wins the Royal Rumble as a surprise entrant to guarantee their Wrestlemania match up.

2.) If Cena isn't the champ-Cody Rhodes and he'll feud with RKO over the title. (D. Bryan will challenge the WWE Champ)

3.) Punk and instead of challenging a champ he challenges HHH at Mania.

AOF666
10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
John Lauranitis, The Executive Vice President of Talent Relations will win it. Honestly I have a gut feeling it is going to be the Miz!

Polly-Pablo
10-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Hes English all Brits are Midcarders in WWE/WWF end off.

With Davey Boy Smith being the exception then - or are we conveniently forgetting him to validate a point?

And, with the greatest of respect, please please don't use the term 'Brits' - it's vulgar, much the same as the term 'Yanks'. Thank you

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-02-2011, 10:33 PM
With Davey Boy Smith being the exception then - or are we conveniently forgetting him to validate a point?

And, with the greatest of respect, please please don't use the term 'Brits' - it's vulgar, much the same as the term 'Yanks'. Thank you

You have my backing in the next government

PatsPunkZepp
10-02-2011, 11:44 PM
CM Punk, Wade Barret, or Chris Jericho

Androo
10-03-2011, 01:20 AM

I don't agree with the guys statement. I mean, it's pure inordinacy. It seems like he's saying that because they're British they will never achieve top billing in the WWE, like they have some provincial vendetta against British wrestlers; it's debauched.

But, I think he, himself, is actually English, British. I don't see the term 'Brits' as vulgar, or offensive. I, personally, use it alot of the time, and don't mind it. I also think 'Scots' is fine, but I guess I'm a wee bit unreceptive to 'Scotch' for some reason, (it's a drink), I dunno. Haha.

Subject Zero
10-03-2011, 12:36 PM

When was Davey Boy WWE Champ???? He got a few title shots like Barret has. But there has never been a Consistent Main Eventer who is british in WWE. I cant really see it happening in the near future not with The Miz, Orton, Rhodes, etc....... Maybe they will surprise me and have Barret as WWE champion one day but his big moment was with Nexus and he should of been champion there.

I am British anyway, And Brit is now way offensive. Limey is. But Brit? Seriously??

I know a welsh woman onced sued someone for calling her English but your not that easily offended are you by 'Brit'?

Subject Zero
10-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't agree with the guys statement. I mean, it's pure inordinacy. It seems like he's saying that because they're British they will never achieve top billing in the WWE, like they have some provincial vendetta against British wrestlers; it's debauched.

Not what i meant but i cant see a Brit being WWE champ anytime soon.

But most if not all foreign Main Eventers have been monsters. Not including Mexican or Canadian champions. Mason Ryan at a long shot could become a main eventer but hes still pretty green.

Edit: Well there has been a few Russians and Iron Sheik but they were mainly propaganda feuds.

AWrestlingGod
10-12-2011, 11:43 PM
I made a royal rumble thread saying Dolph ziggler should win but after reading the winner is mostly from smackdown the wrestlers i see winning the rumble on smackdown

Likely smackdown winners
Cody rhodes
Randy Orton
Mark Henry
Big show
Christian
Wade Barrett
Sheamus

out of these choices I can see either Wade Barrett Sheamus or Orton winning but since i see Randy orton facing Del Rio the winner will most likely be Wade Barrett

THEKEVINBRAND
10-13-2011, 12:06 AM
i thought for a sec he was talking about the 41-man battle royal, well then carry on folks

ihearvoices
10-13-2011, 12:35 AM
I see it being a Heel seeing that Daniel Bryan is face unless they turn him Heel. IMO the Winner will be either Cody Rhodes or Christian, Out of the two I would go with Cody Rhodes only because they both have history and also right now it seems like WWE is really behind him right now. Now if Daniel Bryan turns heel then IMO the winner will be Randy Orton or Sheamus, Out of those two I would go with Randy Orton because he is one of the top guys in the company and if he is not in the title picture at WM i really dont know what he will be doing plus WWE already has one of its Top guys in a NON title match which is Cena so I say Randy orton will be in the WHC match at WM. BTW Randy Orton has never won a Royal Rumble so it would make sense also beating Randy Orton at WM would put Daniel Bryan way over.

The Expendable
10-13-2011, 12:43 AM
I want Wade Barrett to win, I think it's time for both guys push

thunderprince09
10-13-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm really hoping it's Cody Rhodes. Without a doubt they are building him up right now and he's on his way to becoming a main eventer. (this potential feud with Orton could be the crack in the door he needs to break thru into the main event scene)

AWrestlingGod
10-13-2011, 01:02 AM
BTW Randy Orton has never won a Royal Rumble so it would make sense also beating Randy Orton at WM would put Daniel Bryan way over.

Sorry to correct you but randy orton won the 2009 royal rumble..but i agree with everything your saying Daniel.Bryan.vs Randy Orton at mamia would be cool

lostgerg
10-13-2011, 01:06 AM
I see it being a Heel seeing that Daniel Bryan is face unless they turn him Heel. IMO the Winner will be either Cody Rhodes or Christian, Out of the two I would go with Cody Rhodes only because they both have history and also right now it seems like WWE is really behind him right now. Now if Daniel Bryan turns heel then IMO the winner will be Randy Orton or Sheamus, Out of those two I would go with Randy Orton because he is one of the top guys in the company and if he is not in the title picture at WM i really dont know what he will be doing plus WWE already has one of its Top guys in a NON title match which is Cena so I say Randy orton will be in the WHC match at WM. BTW Randy Orton has never won a Royal Rumble so it would make sense also beating Randy Orton at WM would put Daniel Bryan way over.

randy orton won it in 2009 I believe......

AreYaSerious
10-13-2011, 01:48 AM
My face choice Sheamus

My Heel choice Cody Rhodes

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-13-2011, 02:45 AM
I'd like the idea of Sheamus winning the Royal Rumble and having him square off against Bryan at Wrestlemania.

It has been too long since we had a face v face World Title match on it's card.

kashani1984
10-13-2011, 03:04 AM
sheamus will win it. WWE are high on him at the moment

Verdammung
10-13-2011, 04:01 AM
A good feud would involve Wade Barret vs. Daniel Bryan, but despite the respect for the two of them that we may share, I'm pretty sure that they are not nearly over enough with the "WWE Universe" to justify a WrestleMania World Championship match, even if it is the Smackdown Title. My prediction is that the plans will change.

kjell
10-13-2011, 09:42 AM
daniel bryan vs sheamus for the whc would be sort of poetic. Wasn't that match scratched from the card last year exept for the usc? or at least a dark match?

chunkkynutzzz
10-13-2011, 10:00 AM
For Some reason I see sheamus winning it and Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus for the world title will be highlighted
Imagine that from both not being on the final card
To main eventing it a year later
Sounds dreamy lol

Final_Silence
10-13-2011, 10:55 AM
So after reading all these comments I'm a bit confused. Winning the Rumble only gives you a match at WM. And as far as the storyline goes DB wants to cash in at WM. So where's the title coming from? Unless they let the winner of the Rumble win the title at the next PPV your going to have a Triple Threat. And to me that would be horrible. (Not the triple threat, the winner winning the title) And the only other possibility is DB cashing in early which would have it's own holes in the story. Your not going to have him win now and keep it to WM, and if he cashes it in at RR or the following PPV you kind of eliminated the fued with whoever he cashed in on. Unless again they make it a triple threat. So in my opinion it's going to be a WHC Triple threat, with Rhodes, Orton, and DB.

BelgianMMA
10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
The winner of the Rumble receives a main event spot at wrestlemania, right? So, that doesn't mean that it has to involve a title, it's 'only' a mean event. Since the two title matches are apperently booked already, the rumble winner can't chose to compete for a title without having a huge disadvantage compared to the previous rumble winners. But, imo there is another main event at mania, a match against the Undertaker. Wouldn't it be possible that someone choses ( or better gets ) a match against Taker? The problem with this is obviously that it has to be someone who has deserved the right to fight against the Undertaker.

Let me give an exemple:
After looking at a list with all the winners of the Royal Rumble and all the people who have faced Taker at Mania in the past, I noticed that there is a big name who hasn't won the rumble and who also never faced the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, Chris Jericho! If he returns at the rumble, wich remains uncertain and unlikely, this imo would be the best scenario for the WWE.

Y2J___Y2J
10-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I would hope Cody.. Cody vs Daniel Bryan at WM28... Hmmmmm
Could be Sheamus or Barrett though..

Mikeyboy7777777
10-13-2011, 12:12 PM
sheamus doesn't need to win the rumble he's already main event I hope drew mcintyre or cody rhodes win it come on drew :O

Russo swerve
10-13-2011, 12:57 PM
The winner of the Rumble receives a main event spot at wrestlemania, right? So, that doesn't mean that it has to involve a title, it's 'only' a mean event. Since the two title matches are apperently booked already, the rumble winner can't chose to compete for a title without having a huge disadvantage compared to the previous rumble winners. But, imo there is another main event at mania, a match against the Undertaker. Wouldn't it be possible that someone choses ( or better gets ) a match against Taker? The problem with this is obviously that it has to be someone who has deserved the right to fight against the Undertaker.

Let me give an exemple:
After looking at a list with all the winners of the Royal Rumble and all the people who have faced Taker at Mania in the past, I noticed that there is a big name who hasn't won the rumble and who also never faced the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, Chris Jericho! If he returns at the rumble, wich remains uncertain and unlikely, this imo would be the best scenario for the WWE.

Omg dude the rock vs cena wont be for the title

Russo swerve
10-13-2011, 01:01 PM
So after reading all these comments I'm a bit confused. Winning the Rumble only gives you a match at WM. And as far as the storyline goes DB wants to cash in at WM. So where's the title coming from? Unless they let the winner of the Rumble win the title at the next PPV your going to have a Triple Threat. And to me that would be horrible. (Not the triple threat, the winner winning the title) And the only other possibility is DB cashing in early which would have it's own holes in the story. Your not going to have him win now and keep it to WM, and if he cashes it in at RR or the following PPV you kind of eliminated the fued with whoever he cashed in on. Unless again they make it a triple threat. So in my opinion it's going to be a WHC Triple threat, with Rhodes, Orton, and DB.

According to the newsboard the royal rumble winner will more than likley be from sd and will get a shot at the title before wrestlemania since db will cash in at wm.

Rilla
10-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Cody or Sheamus to win

Depending on who, DBD will be turned.

Danny92
10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
sheamus v bryan, quite ironic considering this was the dark match last year haha surely the first time it will ever happen ?

VanHooliganX
10-13-2011, 06:55 PM
I thought you meant the 41-man battle royal as well.
Also I can only see someone from Smackdown winning the RR upcoming. Hoping Christian but thats really not going to happen :(

capn-edu
10-13-2011, 11:32 PM
so either way D-bryan will job
cause its tome for the RR winner to actually win the title..

Sully
10-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Apparently it's somebody from the Smackdown brand. Let the speculation begin...

Things can go many different directions...so I will list every Superstar listed on WWE's Smackdown roster and describe how and why they would win the Rumble, and what routes they could use.

Booker T- The first male on the list. This is highly unlikely, but you never know, WWE could throw him in there and easily put him in the main event, I mean he is main event material, plus the Main event is somewhat weak when it comes to those vintage stars, so I think it'd be great to have him back in. Like I said though, highly unlikely.

Brodus Clay- OK I don't even know who the fuck this guy is. He's not winning.

Christian- Christian could easily go on to win, a matter a fact he may be the one that would make the most sense. Christian should not be underestimated in anyway, because there is a very, very high possibility that he will win.

Cody Rhodes- Cody is feuding with Randy right now, and Randy is the number one contender for the WHC. This could easily happen, but it most likely will not.

Daniel Bryan- Danny boy here is the holder of the MITB briefcase. He claims that he will cash it in to fight at Wrestlemania. What is this supposed to mean? Well...either Bryan will do it for the WHC, and the match will be a triple threat match, or Bryan will do it for the WWE title. Hell, maybe Miz will have the strap by Mania time. There's always the possibility that Bryan will cash it in before Mania, and maybe lose. There's also the chance that they'll have Daniel get "injured" so he can wait till after Mania, which makes more sense then you think actually.

E-Jackson- You never know with this guy, one week he's getting a push, the next he's jobbing to Hornswoggle. In my opinion, he wouldn't be ready for the RR win yet, and even then...it wouldn't make sense. I really hope it's actually a main eventer that wins, because after last years Del Rio, I think we need that.

Heath Slater- No.

Hornswoggle-......

Jack...Korpela- Once again...I'm basing this off who is on the Smackdown roster, this includes commentators and GMs apparently. I don't even know who the fuck this guy is either, I mean I at least knew Brodus Clay's name...I had no clue this guy had any thing to do with anything. I'm guessing he's an interview guy or something.

Jey and Jimmy Uso- I put these two together to make it faster, so...No.

Jinder Mahal- With Khail's departure, one of two things will happen, this guy will get a push, or this guy will be buried and eventually future endeavored. Either way though, a Royal Rumble win is not in this guy's future.

Johnny Curtis- Wow...I really do not know a lot of freaking people on the Smackdown roster. They should actually have this guy win...just to confuse and shock the hell out of people.

Josh Matthews- I think Josh will win and then go on to break Bruno Sammartino's WWE title record...not. Speaking of Bruno, do you know that I go to school with his grandson? We're on the same football team...nice kid.

Justin Gabriel- This would be awesome, I'd like to see Justin get a push, but it won't happen this year...probably not next year either.

Kane- This is likely as well, but it's also pretty unlikely. Although I know they want to give Kane one more title run before he finally ends his career, and hangs up the matches.

Mark Henry- Very possible as well, considering he's champ. He could lose to Orton, then earn his rematch by winning the Rumble.

Matt Str- Oh fuck it he's not winning.

Randy Orton- Along with Christian, he's one of the biggest suspects. Of course people won't like it...but too bad. Somebody needs to make a gif of Vince McMahon putting on sunglasses, with the caption "Deal with it".

Sheamus- Also very possible, he's due for another title run, and winning the Rumble is a good start.

The Sin Cara's- I'm doubting the Negro Sin Cara will even be around by then, but he's on the roster. Neither of them will win though, and if they do I will not watch WWE anymore.

Ted- He's feuding with Cody, who's feuding with Orton, who's feuding with the World champ. Hell it's possible.

The Great Khail- It's more possible then you would expect, Khail is leaving soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if WWE gives him the title as a goodbye gift. Is it worth it? Probably not.

Trent Barreta- Not going to happen...

Tyson Kidd- This guy's still in WWE?

Undertaker- Don't count the Deadman out, it's very unlikely, but this is Taker's last year...so maybe he wants to put everything he's got into it. Winning the Rumble, going to Wrestlemania, and retiring (Or losing???) with the strap.

William Regal- He's put a lot of time into the company, but if WWE is ever going to repay him for that, it won't be now.

Yoshi Tatsu- He's got a very good chance of winning the Rumble...that is if they do like a 10 man mini one of Superstars or something.

So Orton and Christian are big names in this Rumble this year, it could even come down to them. There's a few other guys that have some very good chances, and WWE could go many routes. Hell, plans always change. WWE might even change their mind and make it a Raw star who wins.

With a Smackdown star planned to win the Rumble this early though, does this mean that The Rock and Cena has a very good chance of having the WWE title on the line?

BlazersDozen
10-14-2011, 03:47 AM
I think it'll be Sheamus. He's the newest baby face & I could see him winning it then going to RAW to challenge ADR for the belt.

Yano88
10-14-2011, 03:53 AM
You all act as it's 100% confirmed that will win a Smackdown superstar.

It could be a rumor started by WWE to confuse us... Don't take it too seriosly.

Tomsta666
10-14-2011, 03:55 AM

Was just going to post this myself. Don't believe everything you read guys! :cool:

Automatic
10-14-2011, 04:14 AM
The WWE title will certainly be not in the Cena vs. Rock match.

Sully
10-14-2011, 05:11 AM

I specifically said that this wasn't fully confirmed, and that plans can always easily change. I'm just taking the opportunity to evaluate who would be the best choice if it is a Smackdown superstar winning. Who knows, maybe it will be a Smackdown star, that is not currently on Smackdown now. Maybe it will be someone returning, that isn't on either brand and going to Smackdown.

Maybe your right, maybe they are throwing us off, but based on the most information that I have now, I gave my evaluation on who could and would win the Rumble.

I mean seriously though, the thing is four months away...

The WWE title will certainly be not in the Cena vs. Rock match.

I don't see why it couldn't. Just because it doesn't need it, doesn't mean it shouldn't need it. What if Rock wins...what if WWE is planning to bring the Rock back out of nowhere by having him win the belt?

If WWE can plan things good enough, then they can have more matches that have enough hype to the point where a title is not needed.

chunkkynutzzz
10-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Batista is gonna winsupreme
And batista is not gonna put bryan over
And batista will reign supreme
Guaranteed
Just kiddin hopee it never happens
And For Bryan to win the world title!

Los Conquistador
10-15-2011, 02:10 PM
i hope its barrett to win

win title at EC

then defeat bryan at WM to end the MITB streak but maintaining bryan a main event slot so he wins it next month at Exreme rules in submission match

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 02:33 PM
As posted several times here on EWrestlingNews.com, Randy Orton, as of now, is slated to win the Royal Rumble in his home town of St Louis, Missouri. (Which could change, of course)

Do you think it should be Randy Orton to get the win and go on to WrestleMania 28 to face the Champion of his choosing?

OR

Do you think it should be someone more deserving? Maybe an upcoming Superstar that they're trying to push?

Here's what I mean. Randy Orton is a top face, he's been there, and he's done that. He is just like John Cena, he doesn't NEED the Title to be on top. I just personally think that they need to give it to someone who is an upcoming Superstar, kinda like they did this year when they gave it to Alberto Del Rio.

Opinions?

Shining Light
10-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Cody Rhodes should win. He's worked hard to get to where he is now and everybody knows he deserves it! His gimmick has worked wonders for him and I could definitely see him winning the Royal Rumble

Enforcer23
10-24-2011, 02:41 PM
yeah id like to see rhodes or ziggler

OR have it where daniel bryan wins it and wins both titles at WM BIG PUSH :D JKS

Rilla
10-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Orton wins the RR.

Cody wins at EC

Orton/Cody/DBD

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Two things about Orton winning the rumble:

1. Most importantly, if WWE is leaking info on Orton, do we believe them? I personally like this if they are bluffing - and then when an underdog does win, it'll be even more of a spectacle. So just go along with it.

2. As I have said on a number on a number of occasions, the Rumble itself NEEDS big stars to win to keep it's, and future winners, reputations. I think MITB is for the underdogs, and the Rumble should be where the stars shine through.

Furthermore, I don't mind Orton winning. Yes he doesn't need it, perse, but if it sets up Orton v Bryan v ??? I'm down. Most triple threats at Wrestlemanias have been of a good quality. So why wouldn't this.

Personally, I'm still going for Punk or Sheamus to win. (I'd love to see Orton getting the belt at Elimination Chamber to set an Orton/ Bryan/ Sheamus match).

Rich Cranium
10-24-2011, 02:59 PM
It would be dumb for Orton to win the Rumble. He clearly doesn't need it as the OP stated. Give it to Cody or the other guy.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Daniel Bryan Danielson is supposed to cash the sonna-bitch in at WM so I'm thinking who ever wins has to challenge for the WWE strap. This is why I'm leaning towards a Raw superstar to win the RR.

dai_haz
10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
I love the idea od bryan danielson winning the royal rumble saying hell face wwe champ, thensaying hell cash the money bank in the same match against the world champ creating a triple threat / fatal fourway or a 5 way a first for wrestlemania and make it more epic, pushe or 3 superstars there, and have it like when benoit won in xx underdog wins

Rassling_Fan
10-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Do you think it should be someone more deserving? Maybe an upcoming Superstar that they're trying to push?

Here's what I mean. Randy Orton is a top face, he's been there, and he's done that. He is just like John Cena, he doesn't NEED the Title to be on top. I just personally think that they need to give it to someone who is an upcoming Superstar, kinda like they did this year when they gave it to Alberto Del Rio.

Opinions?

You know what happened when they did? People complained. Though Cody Rhodes winning would be sweet.

dai_haz
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
noe i agree with giving it to an up and coming star they did with the rock, rey mysterio, lesnar i believe etc. cody rhodes i believe has earned his place to win a royal rumnle where as del uio is boring and crap in the ring is new and doesnt deserve to have won thr rumble let alone a 2 time wwe champion

capn-edu
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM
i wanted sheamoose or Barret

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Cody Rhodes should win. He's worked hard to get to where he is now and everybody knows he deserves it! His gimmick has worked wonders for him and I could definitely see him winning the Royal Rumble

I definitely agree with you. One of, if not, the best gimmick in the WWE right now.

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 04:07 PM
yeah id like to see rhodes or ziggler

OR have it where daniel bryan wins it and wins both titles at WM BIG PUSH :D JKS

I would absolutely love to see Ziggler win it. I'm hoping he does. Either Rhodes or Ziggler.

Y2J___Y2J
10-24-2011, 04:08 PM
OH god.! Orton shouldn't win. What's the point. He's already over, he doesn't need it.
Let Cody/Sheamus/Barrett win and help push them to main event of WM..!

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Orton wins the RR.

Cody wins at EC

Orton/Cody/DBD

Triple Threats are okay, but I'm not a huge fan of them, as I think a lot of the time they are all clustered, too much going on.

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Two things about Orton winning the rumble:

1. Most importantly, if WWE is leaking info on Orton, do we believe them? I personally like this if they are bluffing - and then when an underdog does win, it'll be even more of a spectacle. So just go along with it.

2. As I have said on a number on a number of occasions, the Rumble itself NEEDS big stars to win to keep it's, and future winners, reputations. I think MITB is for the underdogs, and the Rumble should be where the stars shine through.

Furthermore, I don't mind Orton winning. Yes he doesn't need it, perse, but if it sets up Orton v Bryan v ??? I'm down. Most triple threats at Wrestlemanias have been of a good quality. So why wouldn't this.

Personally, I'm still going for Punk or Sheamus to win. (I'd love to see Orton getting the belt at Elimination Chamber to set an Orton/ Bryan/ Sheamus match).

1.) It's not necessarily that the WWE is leaking the information, it's just that people usually win big when they're on top in the company and when they're in their home state. But if they are, I see where you're coming from.

2.) I think the Rumble is the number one PPV to make a star.

I respect your answer but we're agreeing to disagree on Orton winning the Rumble.

6 Months ago I could have seen Sheamus winning the Rumble, but not now.

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Daniel Bryan Danielson is supposed to cash the sonna-bitch in at WM so I'm thinking who ever wins has to challenge for the WWE strap. This is why I'm leaning towards a Raw superstar to win the RR.

Well the rules state that the Money in the Bank winner can cash the Contract in for what ever Championship he wants. So it could either be the WHC Belt or the WWE Title.

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
I love the idea od bryan danielson winning the royal rumble saying hell face wwe champ, thensaying hell cash the money bank in the same match against the world champ creating a triple threat / fatal fourway or a 5 way a first for wrestlemania and make it more epic, pushe or 3 superstars there, and have it like when benoit won in xx underdog wins

That would definitely be too clustered for a Championship Match if you ask me.

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-24-2011, 04:16 PM
1.) It's not necessarily that the WWE is leaking the information, it's just that people usually win big when they're on top in the company and when they're in their home state. But if they are, I see where you're coming from.

2.) I think the Rumble is the number one PPV to make a star.

I respect your answer but we're agreeing to disagree on Orton winning the Rumble.

6 Months ago I could have seen Sheamus winning the Rumble, but not now.

To each their own. I can see both sides of the argument tbh

Robstar
10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
I won't be ordering the Royal Rumble if Orton is scheduled to win it. Not that I'll get all bent out of shape if I read a spoiler that the end changed - I'll know that they wanted Orton to win it and that's already made it boring for me.

More deserving/surprising would be;
Sin Cara
Daniel Bryan
Undertaker
Ricardo Rodriguez ;)
Tyler Reks
Brodus Clay

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 04:19 PM
OH god.! Orton shouldn't win. What's the point. He's already over, he doesn't need it.
Let Cody/Sheamus/Barrett win and help push them to main event of WM..!

I agree with Cody and Sheamus, but I just don't think Barrett is to that point of Main Eventer. I know he sorta was last year, but he's not done anything special as of late to keep me wanting to watch a match of his. I couldn't tell you anything he does except for his finisher. I'd definitely say Ziggler.

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
I won't be ordering the Royal Rumble if Orton is scheduled to win it. Not that I'll get all bent out of shape if I read a spoiler that the end changed - I'll know that they wanted Orton to win it and that's already made it boring for me.

More deserving/surprising would be;
Sin Cara
Daniel Bryan
Undertaker
Ricardo Rodriguez ;)
Tyler Reks
Brodus Clay

I truthfully forgot about Brodus Clay, I could see him winning, but they usually make the bigger guys get triumphantly eliminated. Sadly. I'd like him to win, he's a good big man.

Tyler Reks is awesome too, but they're stupid and do nothing with him.

Ricardo, lmfaoooooooo.

Taker. I'd love that, he's a favorite of mine. BUT, It's time for change if you ask me.

They're not gonna give it to Bryan, but I wish they'd make him a top star.

Sin Cara needs to impress me more for me to believe he's even capable of being a top star.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Well the rules state that the Money in the Bank winner can cash the Contract in for what ever Championship he wants. So it could either be the WHC Belt or the WWE Title.

Not any more! That used to be the case, when MITB was at Mania! Now it has it's own PPV, the cases are brand specific! So DB can only go for WHC!!

Obviuosly I'm going for Wade Bar-ruh!!

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Not any more! That used to be the case, when MITB was at Mania! Now it has it's own PPV, the cases are brand specific! So DB can only go for WHC!!

Wooow, That's so true. I didn't even think of that, you're right. And maybe by then Barrett will get a push, but they don't normally let someone win that's not getting a push.

Robstar
10-24-2011, 04:35 PM
I truthfully forgot about Brodus Clay, I could see him winning, but they usually make the bigger guys get triumphantly eliminated. Sadly. I'd like him to win, he's a good big man.

Tyler Reks is awesome too, but they're stupid and do nothing with him.

Ricardo, lmfaoooooooo.

Taker. I'd love that, he's a favorite of mine. BUT, It's time for change if you ask me.

They're not gonna give it to Bryan, but I wish they'd make him a top star.

Sin Cara needs to impress me more for me to believe he's even capable of being a top star.

Agreed about Cara and Bryan. As for 'Taker, it'd be a great way to bring him back (they'd give him numbers 28, 29 or 30), he wouldn't have to do much work and it would set him up for a big World title finale at WM, then he can retire on top.

I think Barrett is also another contender, as others have suggested. Brodus seems to be getting a push at the moment so that's always a possiblity.

Bear in mind though that Vince/WWE are smart enough to be feeding this stuff to the 'net to throw people off. Give them that much credit at least

Robstar
10-24-2011, 04:36 PM

But they eliminated the brands so what now? They're just names of shows now, not brands

Wade Barrett 1979
10-24-2011, 04:43 PM
But they eliminated the brands so what now? They're just names of shows now, not brands

They haven't totally eliminated the brands, they are just allowing certain wrestlers to appear on both shows! If you think about it, only Raw is officially a Supershow, you see more Smackdown guys on there, than Raw guys on Smackdown! When the wrestlers come out, they still have their brand name above their own on the graffics!!

Anyway, I've rambled.... I'm sure Bryan will only be alowed to cash in on WHC!

The Expendable
10-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Sheamus will win it, he's over with the fans and to be honest I want to see him going for the WHC, I have the feeling that this whole Daniel Bryan thing is going to end with Barrett taking the briefcase from Bryan and cashing it before wrestlemania and then the winner of the rumble will challenge Barrett. AND THE END RESULT: SHEAMUS VS BARRETT

benchch
10-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Randy Orton Definitely needs a push. If not John Cena

But if this is true. If they told Orton it's all his. Maybe he should say he doesn't need it. You hear stories about the great wrestlers saying It's the other guys time from back in the day. Never recently. But then I know WWE is an ego rodeo

Sage
10-24-2011, 05:16 PM
cody rhodes, preferably by tossing orton

Wade Barrett 1979
10-24-2011, 05:23 PM
cody rhodes, preferably by tossing orton

I don't want to see THAT!!! Too disturbing! :p

Robstar
10-24-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't want to see THAT!!! Too disturbing! :p

Polly would hate that too! lol

cubco
10-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Unfortunately, I think that Orton would be the best choice to go for. Daniel Bryan won the SD MITB and stated he will cash in against the World Champ at Mania 28. However, outside of the IWC, Bryan wasn't known when he came to the WWE. He is fantastic at what he does, but he cant sell the big event on his own. Granted, The Rock vs John Cena is the highlight, but the WWE and World titles need star power at WrestleMania ... And at the way things are being booked, the only way Mark Henry will lose the World title is if everyone gangs up on him in the Elimination Chamber and eliminates him - personally, i think they should do that, with Orton winning to face DB and Henry get revenge on whoever it was that eliminated him - but Henry is a mean champion and has been on the top of his game since the start of his push. IMO he deserves to defend the title at Mania. But Henry vs Bryan doesn't scream out big star names for the World title. So a big name should win the rumble to make it a triple threat? Orton vs Bryan vs Henry would be cool. Orton cant face Henry again, but he can if he wins the rumble. So yeah, the logic is there behind Orton winning.

As for the Raw side of things, Cena is tied up with the Rock. Air Boom could defend the tag titles against American Perfection and Awesome Truth in some gimmick match. HHH potentially will be involved in a match with Nash - HBK ref? Which leaves ADR to defend the title against Punk, who can win a number one contenders match at EC.

Give Undertaker to defend the streak against Sheamus, Barrett or Jericho (if he is back by then)

Cody Rhodes defending the IC title against his brother, Goldust, with the American Dream Dusty Rhodes at ringside. And then i think you have a pretty decently stacked card for Mania

The Rock vs John Cena
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs CM Punk - WWE Championship
Mark Henry (c) vs Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan - World Heavyweight Championship
The Undertaker vs Sheamus
Air Boom (c) vs American Perfection vs Awesome Truth - Tag Team Championship TLC or Ladder match
HHH vs Kevin Nash - HBK special guest referee
Cody Rhodes (c) vs Goldust w/ Dusty Rhodes - Intercontinental Championship
Beth Pheonix (c) vs Natalya - Divas Championship
Mason Ryan (c) vs Zack Ryder vs Alex Riley vs John Morrison - United States Championship

dai_haz
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
true, but cud be just a triple threat match, if 5 is to many

JLeeDude1892
10-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Randy Orton Definitely needs a push. If not John Cena

But if this is true. If they told Orton it's all his. Maybe he should say he doesn't need it. You hear stories about the great wrestlers saying It's the other guys time from back in the day. Never recently. But then I know WWE is an ego rodeo

Why does Orton need a push? He was just Champion like 3 different times.

pauadrian
10-24-2011, 06:48 PM
noe i agree with giving it to an up and coming star they did with the rock, rey mysterio, lesnar i believe etc. cody rhodes i believe has earned his place to win a royal rumnle where as del uio is boring and crap in the ring is new and doesnt deserve to have won thr rumble let alone a 2 time wwe champion

how do you know del rio isnt good
he draws great heat and he is demonstrating it with your comment
he does have good in ring skills

search dos caras jr on youtube and you will see what i mean
he has an mma backgound and that isnt bad either

thatguy2011
10-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Dolph Ziggler.

american_dragon
10-25-2011, 01:07 AM
I see Orton winning because RR being in Saint Louis and that Orton has not have been in the main event of Mania the last 2 years.

URATOOL
11-10-2011, 08:06 PM
So it looks like (as usual) The Rumble will have a mix of current roster members, a couple of comedy/ridiculous appearances and a few returns.

So it looks like the RR could be when we see the return of Kane, possibly Rey, possibly Taker, maybe Christian if his ankle/knee is fucked at the moment.... So who else do you think might make a surprise appearance? Who'll get the biggest pop? Will any of the returners win?

VanHooliganX
11-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Gillberg could return :D!

URATOOL
11-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Gillberg could return :D!

Not gonna happen.

Robstar
11-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm pulling for IPITS to return at the Rumble.

Not sure if I'd be too thrilled about any of those names you mentioned. Rey - big deal, even if he was to win and get a title shot, they'd just make him drop it 6 hrs later. Kane - be good to see the big man back but he's due anyway. Undertaker - well he'd have to get numbers 28-30 and win it. Which throws the whole WHC title picture at WM into question - who gets first dibs? MITB winner or RR winner - or will it be a 3 way?

I don't know if they could surprise us with any 'legends' this year though. I mean, who's off contract that could still go AND be a big enough name to wow us?

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
11-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Shockmaster returns and Cole wins it.

Super Kicked
11-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm pulling for IPITS to return at the Rumble.

Not sure if I'd be too thrilled about any of those names you mentioned. Rey - big deal, even if he was to win and get a title shot, they'd just make him drop it 6 hrs later. Kane - be good to see the big man back but he's due anyway. Undertaker - well he'd have to get numbers 28-30 and win it. Which throws the whole WHC title picture at WM into question - who gets first dibs? MITB winner or RR winner - or will it be a 3 way?

I don't know if they could surprise us with any 'legends' this year though. I mean, who's off contract that could still go AND be a big enough name to wow us?

Two words, and the first one is Ultimate

VanHooliganX
11-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Shockmaster returns and Cole wins it.

Vintage!!!!!

Tommy Thunder
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm banking on a Chris Jericho return at the Rumble and win it. That sets him up to face CM Punk at Mania.

As for legends, I'm with Robstar. I'm struggling to think of anyone who can still 'go' and give the crowd a reason to pop big.

The Brown One
11-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe, just maybe, we'l see Goldberg and Lesnar (if UFC lets him) have a quick spot in the Rumble.

capn-edu
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Kane is a yes he might get a pretty good pop
i can see Booker T? Y2j is a no..
i really don't know as long as we have an original winner aka not orton or cena

Daffy Duck's Finest
11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm just happy to get Kane back tbh - he is my favourite after all. And tbh, I think he deserves it, I mean apart from a couple of inferno matches, what else has he done. I certainly think of him going elimination-happy about ten years ago.

But seriously, apart from Jericho returning, the Rumble doesn't really need any more returns... this could be one of the most open Rumbles in recent memory.

wrestlingfan66513
11-10-2011, 09:03 PM
I'd love to see Gangrel or the Godfather make a guest appearance.
Also if Taker did win, he doesn't have have to challenge for the WHC, he could go for the WWE title and face Punk if he has it.

Tommy Thunder
11-10-2011, 09:05 PM

Why's that? There have been reports that he's in talks with WWE about his future inevitable return. They may be rumors, but the Rumble is quite far away, and I wouldn't say it's entirely out of the question to see Jericho returning.

SoloGraphix
11-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Can I be serious for a minute???

Lance F'n Storm....

Rassling_Fan
11-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a return of Lesnar for at least one event. As for those who could be a surprise, I wouldn't mind seeing DDP make one more appearance. A total shock would be someone from TNA, but the chances of that is almost 0 (unless someone's contract expires and they get hired by that time). Defintiely Jericho.

Lance F'n Storm....

That would be frikkin awesome!

helmsley
11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
jericho, that would be an incredible pop
i think it would be awesome if ddp, foley, batista, mil mascaras or lesnar returns

Vegas
11-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Is Batista a possibility?

Robstar
11-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Pity we'll never see the four faces of Foley in another Rumble...or will we? ;) I had thought about Mascaras. Definetly NOT Lesnar....you guys are fricken dreaming!

Daffy Duck's Finest
11-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Can I be serious for a minute???

Lance F'n Storm....

GREAT SHOUT!!! He is one of the most under- appreciated wrestler in the last 10 or so years.

Tommy Thunder
11-10-2011, 09:59 PM
A cameo from Batista is likely I guess. DDP is another good shout, since he hosted that WCW Nitro dvd that WWE released not too long ago. Mil Mascaras at 69 years old is too old IMO, but he is still wrestling part time, so I guess anything's possible, especially with his HOF induction.

Robstar
11-10-2011, 10:27 PM
GREAT SHOUT!!! He is one of the most under- appreciated wrestler in the last 10 or so years.

Lol, I'm pretty sure it's been the better part of 10 years since he retired! So, yeah - he would be under appreciated for that time lol

Daffy Duck's Finest
11-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Lol, I'm pretty sure it's been the better part of 10 years since he retired! So, yeah - he would be under appreciated for that time lol

I thought he finished with the 'E around 2003/ 2004? I remember him in the final couple of years in WCW when he had all the belts apart from WHC, and had a feud with someone (I wanna say Booker or Steiner?). But yeah, I thought 10 years would suffice... clearly my timing is too lethargic for this thread. BOO HISS!

Melevolent 27
11-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Jericho would be good, as said lead up to WM.
My bet is Skip Shefield will return at the Rumble. Not a Big Name but it could be the beginning if they still like him. (Or maybe he will come back and get his revenge on the old Nexus who left him on the scrap heap) (yeah im a fan)
Kane and Taker to begin their final fued at the Rumble as well.
A no gimick royal rumble would be a nice change

body slam
11-11-2011, 03:07 AM
mick foley

Torphy
11-11-2011, 03:49 AM
Three letters.... JBL...

twoot2
11-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Im pretty sure Kane will return at the RR and maybe even Jericho and he might even win it and then goon to fued with Punk and set up a match for Wrestlemania but i dont think the Undertaker will cos of his health issues but if hes going to come back for another match it will be in Febuary time like last year and someone will come out and confront him to set up a match for WM.

steveorton
11-11-2011, 06:32 AM
I can see Kane and Rey returning and probably Mick Foley and Booker T appearing but who deserves to win: Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler.

CGBigMan
11-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Kane will probably return
Jericho could return win and face punk if he has the title
If they want a big name they could try and get Lesnar

Wrestlinfan608
11-11-2011, 08:28 AM

Randy Orton is scheduled to win the Royal Rumble already

The Hit Man
11-11-2011, 09:01 AM
It's not 100% confirmed that Taker will even return before Mania but if he is I'd like him to return, do his long walk up to the ring and as he is just about to enter the ring Jerichos music plays as the next entrant in the Rumble! Jericho eliminates Taker in the match and sets up a fued going into Mania between the two! I wouldn't have Jericho winning it. The winner should be someone whos worked really well all year and deserves it. My pick to win it is Dolph Ziggler!

timfeyenoord
11-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Randy Orton is scheduled to win the Royal Rumble already

That are early early rumors and the Rumble is quite far away sot that'll probably change.

I'd love to see Jericho, Kane and Boogeyman return although Boggeyman for one time only
Goldust returning and eliminating Cody would be great to setting up a match between the 2 at Wrestlemania

brodius
11-11-2011, 10:36 AM
That are early early rumors and the Rumble is quite far away sot that'll probably change.

I'd love to see Jericho, Kane and Boogeyman return although Boggeyman for one time only
Goldust returning and eliminating Cody would be great to setting up a match between the 2 at Wrestlemania

I have been wanting a Goldust vs Cody match for a long time now. I was hoping they make the match and have Dusty be the guest Ref. Would be a good 10 - 15 min gimmick match for a PPV.

Tommy Thunder
11-11-2011, 10:39 AM

Great idea.
And the idea to have Dusty as the guest ref is a good one too.

supermetsk31
11-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Kane!!!!!!

Grind_Bastard
11-11-2011, 01:01 PM
If Goldust returns, I'll mark!

And it would be nice to see a one night return of The Boogeyman.

Asherdelampyr
11-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I would want to see (in no particular order)
Goldust
the Boogeyman
Taker
Kane
Spike Dudley
The Godfather
Tajiri

thejman93
11-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Four Faces of Foley FTW!

Seriously though, Jericho is kind of a lock for a Rumble return, isn't he?

Robstar
11-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I'd fall off my chair laughing if The Headbangers showed up for the Rumble.

Asherdelampyr
11-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I'd fall off my chair laughing if The Headbangers showed up for the Rumble.

that would be awesome
especially if they were made DLC for the game on the night of the Rumble