PDA

View Full Version : Spear, Spear, Spear?

alexrules01
01-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Anyone who's watched Smackdown! will know what i'm talking about
What do you think of this? How will it affect the outcome of the Royal Rumble match?

KYNGDAVE
01-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Smackdown doesn't come on television until Friday Night here in the US. But i doubt it will have any effect, edge has other moves he can use FTW!

"You think you know me"

Iron Ape
01-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Maybe he should just do his running hug instead.

Oh, wait...

Kashdinero
01-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Not being able to use the worst spear in the business is hardly detrimental.

If Ziggler wins the title it'll be months too soon.

Iron Ape
01-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Not being able to use the worst spear in the business is hardly detrimental.

If Ziggler wins the title it'll be months too soon.
I'd be more worried about taking a tackle from my grandmother than someone who looks like they sustain themselves off of nothing but Saltine crackers and amphetamines.

Kashdinero
01-28-2011, 02:44 AM
I'd be more worried about taking a tackle from my grandmother than someone who looks like they sustain themselves off of nothing but Saltine crackers and amphetamines.

Lol, he looks like he gets work out tips from Mick Jagger!

Iron Ape
01-28-2011, 02:51 AM
Lol, he looks like he gets work out tips from Mick Jagger!
Haha. A friendship with Mick Jagger would definitely explain why Edge has been rocking a coke bloat as of late.

Kashdinero
01-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Haha. A friendship with Mick Jagger would definitely explain why Edge has been rocking a coke bloat as of late.

You noticed it too!

They always say that the most successful characters in wrestling are just really hyped up extensions of the guy playing it.... Edge has clearly been Rolling like a Stone for a long time! Perhaps that retirement he keeps on talking about should happen sooner rather than later. I, for one, hope it does! (or at least takes a Jericho like sabbatical)
His act is just soooo tired and dated, he's beginning to resemble a 2011 version of 2001's X-Pac!

TheMadThinker
01-28-2011, 04:45 AM
You noticed it too!

They always say that the most successful characters in wrestling are just really hyped up extensions of the guy playing it.... Edge has clearly been Rolling like a Stone for a long time! Perhaps that retirement he keeps on talking about should happen sooner rather than later. I, for one, hope it does! (or at least takes a Jericho like sabbatical)
His act is just soooo tired and dated, he's beginning to resemble a 2011 version of 2001's X-Pac!

I agree, there was a time when he seemed hungry to make an impact. He does not seem hungry anymore. He seems like a man who is just killing time until he retires. I was surprised WWE put the title on him one more time, but past accomplishments and name recognition are sometimes all you need in wrestling.

Kashdinero
01-28-2011, 04:57 AM
I agree, there was a time when he seemed hungry to make an impact. He does not seem hungry anymore. He seems like a man who is just killing time until he retires. I was surprised WWE put the title on him one more time, but past accomplishments and name recognition are sometimes all you need in wrestling.

I used to be such a massive mark for him but, unlike Jericho, he hasn't changed at all since he "struck gold" with his Rated R Superstar gimmick.
But as long as the big checks keep rolling in, he'll keep phoning it in!

brad9993
01-28-2011, 05:01 AM
seems like the same old boring thing when Undertaker was banned from using his move. It also screams to me that Edge will win now for sure.

SaberToothTigerz
01-28-2011, 06:03 AM
it should be called running bear hug

The Brown One
01-28-2011, 06:54 AM
There are many ways that Edge can win at RR. He can use the Edgecution(other finisher), which rarely happens in a match like this(where the stipulation states that a particular wrestler can't use his finisher).
I see Edge winning by Dolph getting DQed.

RomanFlare
01-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Here's whats gonna happen:

Edge is gonna line up for the spear, take a running start at Dolph, then eat a Double Knee facebuster.

Wait....

Stinger187
01-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Goldberg, Goldberg, Goldberg! I think edges spear is weak at most he doesn't sell it very well! I agree it looks like a running bear hug XD

WWTNA Mark
01-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Edge is going to win for sure. He has like what, two finishers? One is Edgeucution and the other his sleeping with Vickie before the match starts to retain. :)

RomanFlare
01-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Goldberg, Goldberg, Goldberg! I think edges spear is weak at most he doesn't sell it very well! I agree it looks like a running bear hug XD

I'm not gonna lie, a good spear is just a football tackle. Yeah, those spears "thru" standing superstars could look great (Goldberg really had the H.O.F. spear), but the best were and will always be a spear to a running superstars. It looks so much more brutal.

Dear Edge, retire so someone who can really spear can well.. Spear.

kiddstudd
01-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Edge is still one of WWE's top star, whether he can spear or not..And I bet Edge can do the Attitude Adjustment better than Cena

Stinger187
01-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Edge is still one of WWE's top star, whether he can spear or not..And I bet Edge can do the Attitude Adjustment better than Cena

It's not called AA it's the FU! J/k! That may be edge is almost finished with his run in WWE

Iron Ape
01-28-2011, 03:58 PM
I love how some of you guys can find ways to hate on Cena even when it's completely friggin' irrelevant to the topic at hand. Obsess much?

K2Jelly
01-28-2011, 04:00 PM
I love how some of you guys can find ways to hate on Cena even when it's completely friggin' irrelevant to the topic at hand. Obsess much?

C'mon, Ape. You've been on this forum long enough. You know how these threads digress. :P

Adam Bomb II
01-28-2011, 04:06 PM
I think that removing the spear from Edge's repertoire is a way to make him look like he has the odds against him, and that Ziggler has a chance to win the strap, since creative probably realized that most people don't believe Dolph will win on his first shot. (I still don't).

Iron Ape
01-28-2011, 04:27 PM
C'mon, Ape. You've been on this forum long enough. You know how these threads digress. :P
Sadly, the predictability doesn't make it any less asinine. But, yeah, you're pretty much right.

SilverGhost
01-28-2011, 09:47 PM
New finisher for Edge or the ref down and Edge does a DDT to Ziggler on the WHC.

HeelTurn
01-29-2011, 06:32 AM
When the ref is inadvertently distracted by the Vickie, Edge hits the spear and gets the win. Thus allowing Ziggler a rematch.

The Brown One
01-29-2011, 07:30 AM
New finisher for Edge

Really? You remember when Batista was near retirement..and he introduced his new finisher-the Batista Bite? This was before/after WM, I can't remember. If Edge was to debut a new finisher, he should stay around for a long time, and the move must look devastating, so that it looks believable.

When the ref is inadvertently distracted by the Vickie, Edge hits the spear and gets the win. Thus allowing Ziggler a rematch.

I love this idea :D
Edge picking up a page out of Ziggler's book, so to speak.