PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Observer Newsletter names TNA as THE WORST PROMOTION...

Iron Ape
01-27-2011, 04:31 PM
...and Impact as THE WORST TELEVISION SHOW.

Thoughts? Feelings?

Rich Cranium
01-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Uh oh, the barnyard rednecks are gonna loose more teeth over this!;)

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I thought rednecks liked to camp out in front of gas stations and NASCAR events.

On subject, I'm not at all surprised.

WWTNA Mark
01-27-2011, 04:41 PM
I know wallyman is going to call me a TNA hater(when I have a TNA sig :)) but it was the worst promotion of the year. Hiring big name stars, putting the TNA strap on people who has a drug problem...... and also having Russo/Hogan/Bishoff in your company doesn't do your company any justice. These vids should prove why I agree with Wrestling Observer Newsletter naming TNA as THE WORST PROMOTION:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar_felxzSFA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZhk_lX1PWs&feature=related

Necroyeti
01-27-2011, 04:50 PM
http://whatsup.lixlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/shitstorm.jpg

2nd place: IWA-MS - 38 votes
1st place: TNA - 562 votes - (just under a 1400% increase, ie. a total curb stomping)

To be honest though, I am genuinely surprised that Impact was voted worse than NXT.

HeelTurn
01-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I know wallyman is going to call me a TNA hater(when I have a TNA sig :)) but it was the worst promotion of the year. Hiring big name stars, putting the TNA strap on people who has a drug problem...... and also having Russo/Hogan/Bishoff in your company doesn't do your company any justice. These vids should prove why I agree with Wrestling Observer Newsletter naming TNA as THE WORST PROMOTION:

There you go blood and unprotected chair shots dont make wrestling good as many seem to believe.

Necroyeti
01-27-2011, 04:53 PM
For shit like this to happen in a mainstream promotion in 2010 is frankly disgusting.

To be fair though, I think they did ban unprotected headshots soon afterwards. The Anderson one seems accidental.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Not at all surprised.

To the TNA faithful, how much more proof do you need to accept TNA and its flaws?

wallyman
01-27-2011, 05:04 PM

i gotta addmit this was pretty stupid from tna...but i still think wwe is worse as far as storylines goes to tna cen fired lol...cena joins enxus rofl...cena cena wow...idk how thats better than tna...

VKM
01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
NXT wasn't worse because they don't do retarded things like how TNA does. TNA has way better wrestlers than NXT but whats the point when Hogan, Bischoff and Russo are the guys behind the big scene. Chris Jericho left WCW because they didn't use him to his full potential. And then when he went to WWE, he was great! TNA are follow the same steps by misusing people like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and other originals. They don't even care that Christopher Daniels is with ROH. Instead, they went and signed a fat guy named Matt Hardy who says he will make an impact. What a joke.

Iron Ape
01-27-2011, 05:05 PM
I wonder if the sound of the crying coming from the Impact Zone is loud enough to be heard in other states. Any way we can get wallyman to confirm or deny?

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 05:06 PM
i gotta addmit this was pretty stupid from tna...but i still think wwe is worse as far as storylines goes to tna cen fired lol...cena joins enxus rofl...cena cena wow...idk how thats better than tna...

Consistant comes to mind?

Iron Ape
01-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Your posts are the textual equivalent of fighting fire with a broken squirt gun. ;)

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 05:08 PM
TNA needs a kick in the ass to be good again.

TNA 06-08>TNA now.

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Your posts are the textual equivalent of fighting fire with a broken squirt gun. ;)

Make that a forest fire.

Iron Ape
01-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Make that a forest fire.
Well played. :D

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 05:23 PM
I wish they came out with a full and detailed list on why TNA is the worst promotion.

-Sudden heel/face turns on wrestlers
-Inconsistencies on the storylines
-Lack of X-Division action(Elevation/Ultimate X matches)
-Using big names and pushing them to the moon instead of their own talents

Thats all I can think of.

Iron Ape
01-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I wish they came out with a full and detailed list on why TNA is the worst promotion.

I think them providing a detailed breakdown as to how they came to their conclusion would be a fantastic idea, Silver.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I think them providing a detailed breakdown as to how they came to their conclusion would be a fantastic idea, Silver.

Yeah. I would like to see a list of some sort. Video evidence would be nice as well. "Orlando Screwjob" goes under stupid in my view.

Lance Storm
01-27-2011, 05:44 PM
It's a joke. Just to think that we were all hoping, like 5-6 years ago that we thought they could at least rival the 'E. We were WRONG! It's degenerated into a joke. Now with them doing the whole Angle/Jarrett/Angle-Jarrett angle is a joke and just a disgusting scene.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 05:50 PM
It's a joke. Just to think that we were all hoping, like 5-6 years ago that we thought they could at least rival the 'E. We were WRONG! It's degenerated into a joke. Now with them doing the whole Angle/Jarrett/Angle-Jarrett angle is a joke and just a disgusting scene.

TNA's past could easily rival WWE, not this current TNA.

Necroyeti
01-27-2011, 05:59 PM

- Referring to the impact zoners as "cast members", telling them when/who to cheer
- Exploiting ECW distastefully like WWE did
- RVD's refusal to job to anyone and the whole vacated title thing
- Reportedly changing the ring to four sides without warning the wrestlers beforehand - messing with the work environment is an unnecessary risk in an already risky profession
- Dwindling of the knockouts division
- 10.10.10 and the following impact in general, which even included a fingerpoke of doom. That whole week was so eerily like WCW that it can't be coincidence - and if it wasn't, it was just terrible writing.
- TV title rarely being defended on TV
- The treatment of Desmond Wollfe, Orlando Jordan's character etc
- Hypocricy of the concussion storyline when they have Eric Young playing essentially a brain damaged loon
- Constant snipes taken at WWE to get over (Notable mention goes to that one Tommy Dreamer speech)
- Bubba the Love Sponge not being immediately fired over the Haiti thing, yet they fire Kong.
- Paying some of their wrestlers, especially the knockouts (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent), absolute peanuts.
- Not paying some wrestlers medical bills. From the link in the above point:
"Homicide is out of action with a groin pull and is trying to rehab it. He’s avoiding surgery because he’d have to pay for it out of his own pocket since they don’t pay for that stuff in TNA and he’s not making enough money to get health insurance, considering most insurers won’t touch wrestlers. When Hernandez had his neck operation, the company fronted him the money, but then each week take a percentage of his check out to pay them back." Bear in mind that even non-mainstream indies that make much less money - like CZW - will pay for the hospital bills of their talents.

....And that's pretty much just 2010

Rich Cranium
01-27-2011, 06:00 PM
What I fail to understand is why they don't understand the problem is right in their face. The HBR team needs to be replaced. That's right, I won't even type out or make an an anagram of their names!

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Not at all surprised.

To the TNA faithful, how much more proof do you need to accept TNA and its flaws?

Duh TNA sucked last year! Most TNA people who've been faithful in watching know it sucked last year!

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Duh TNA sucked last year! Most TNA people who've been faithful in watching know it sucked last year!

There are a few here that don't see that.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 06:18 PM
- Referring to the impact zoners as "cast members", telling them when/who to cheer
- Exploiting ECW distastefully like WWE did
- Reportedly changing the ring to four sides without warning the wrestlers beforehand - messing with the work environment is an unnecessary risk in an already risky profession
- Dwindling of the knockouts division
- 10.10.10 and the following impact in general, which even included a fingerpoke of doom. That whole week was so eerily like WCW that it can't be coincidence - and if it wasn't, it was just terrible writing.
- TV title rarely being defended on TV
- The treatment of Desmond Wollfe, Orlando Jordan's character etc
- Hypocricy of the concussion storyline when they have Eric Young playing essentially a brain damaged loon
- Constant snipes taken at WWE to get over (Notable mention goes to that one Tommy Dreamer speech)
- Bubba the Love Sponge not being immediately fired over the Haiti thing, yet they fire Kong.
- Paying some of their wrestlers, especially the knockouts (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent), absolute peanuts.
- Not paying some wrestlers medical bills. From the link in the above point: Bear in mind that even non-mainstream indies that make much less money - like CZW - will pay for the hospital bills of their talents.

....And that's pretty much just 2010

Jesus.....That is a list of flaws.

loyalDTF
01-27-2011, 06:23 PM
tna will get back to doing what they do best when hogan/bischoff contract expires and tna has more control

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
tna will get back to doing what they do best when hogan/bischoff contract expires and tna has more control

If only when.

The Brown One
01-27-2011, 06:28 PM
It did deserve to be the worst promotion of 2010. I mean, you would have to be blind to see that there weren't problems in TNA last year.

Necroyeti made a very convincing, and truthful list of TNA's flaws. Also, since the KO's somehow get the highest ratings on TNA frequently, why aeren't they payed much? Hell, get rid of Ric Flair to pay some of the KO's some more.
Its true that the KO's division has been dwindling last year, with unused talent like Daffney, Taylor Wilde, and Hamada, and the release of Kong. There are some great matches, but only when its Mickie vs Tara. That should tell TNA something..when your'e original KO's aerent' putting as good matches as "WWE rejects", then you know you have dropped the ball on them. The KO's title is a joke, because they fired 2 great champions, and then held a tournament where pretty much EVERY KO was involved, and they crowned Love, and Winter champs, because they weren't in a feud with anyone in particular at the time.

steveorton
01-27-2011, 06:31 PM
100% agree Tna is just terrible at present, I'm jus sayin...

HeelTurn
01-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Necroyeti's list is absolutley spot on, but still missing so many flaws, TNA's problems are deep, 2010 was the worst year for the once enjoyable company.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Necroyeti's list is absolutley spot on, but still missing so many flaws, TNA's problems are deep, 2010 was the worst year for the once enjoyable company.

My thought is will the TNA faithful would read the list Necro provided and finally accept it.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 06:46 PM

There you go blood and unprotected chair shots dont make wrestling good as many seem to believe.

This here....is the truth.

TNA has blood and yet its not better than WWE.

Necroyeti
01-27-2011, 06:57 PM
It's not like I'm trying to "pwn" the TNA fans or anything, I could easily have made a list of positive things about TNA. I just find it disappointing that they have/had all the tools available to become a really strong promotion, yet constantly seem to fuck things up spectacularly due to bad booking or mismanagement.

I'm happy for the people that can overlook these glaring flaws and enjoy TNA for what it is... but I really think they need to take some criticism on board and sort things out if they want to be successful, and not just a bad promotion with a rabid cult following.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 07:00 PM
It's not like I'm trying to "pwn" the TNA fans or anything, I could easily have made a list of positive things about TNA. I just find it disappointing that they have/had all the tools available to become a really strong promotion, yet constantly seem to fuck things up spectacularly due to bad booking or mismanagement.

I'm happy for the people that can overlook these glaring flaws and enjoy TNA for what it is... but I really think they need to take some criticism on board and sort things out if they want to be successful, and not just a bad promotion with a rabid cult following.

Bolded and quoted for truth dude. I have your explanation as a sig, not to attack TNA but to let them see that wrestling fans can point out the flaws in ANY company and not just TNA.

Iron Ape
01-27-2011, 07:05 PM
My thought is will the TNA faithful would read the list Necro provided and finally accept it.
Oh, Silver- you kind, glass-half-full, naive bastard. Never change.

Rich Cranium
01-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah. I would like to see a list of some sort. Video evidence would be nice as well. "Orlando Screwjob" goes under stupid in my view.

That is Orlando Jordan!

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 07:14 PM
That is Orlando Jordan!

You know what I'm talking about! That parody of the Montreal Screwjob.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh, Silver- you kind, glass-half-full, naive bastard. Never change.

Lol xD Yup!

Rich Cranium
01-27-2011, 07:21 PM
You know what I'm talking about! That parody of the Montreal Screwjob.

That was my asinine attempt at a quip!

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 07:28 PM

You failed yet again! xD

Rassling_Fan
01-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Wasn't TNA the worse Promotion with them for the last few years? Let me check... Yep, since 2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wrestling_Observer_Newsletter_awards#Worst _Promotion_of_the_Year).

4 years in a row... 3 more years and they'll beat the WWE's record (for worse TV Show).

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Damn!

WCW has alot!

Rich Cranium
01-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Say and show 'facts' as you will but I truly hope TNA can get it's act together and be successful!

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Say and show 'facts' as you will but I truly hope TNA can get it's act together and be successful!

So do I. I want TNA to succeed.

evilgenius780
01-27-2011, 11:08 PM
To Summarize

The good things about TNA:
-The Roster

The Bad things:
-Everything else

if I had to pick one thing that I hate about TNA more then anything, it would be Vince Russo, the guy uses his jobs to feed his own ego, at least with WWF he wasnt given the ability to do that.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 11:46 PM
To Summarize

The good things about TNA:
-The Roster

The Bad things:
-Everything else

if I had to pick one thing that I hate about TNA more then anything, it would be Vince Russo, the guy uses his jobs to feed his own ego, at least with WWF he wasnt given the ability to do that.

The roster is ok.....just need to remove a few guys that shouldn't be there.

Stinger187
01-28-2011, 02:46 PM
What does that mean I'm having a blond moment?

SilverGhost
01-28-2011, 04:58 PM
What does that mean I'm having a blond moment?

It means RVD doesn't want to put anyone over.

And the RVD being injured by Janice thing was pretty obvious since he did have some issues.

HeelTurn
01-29-2011, 05:58 AM
I was at the TNA event in Manchester last night, decent show, but the fans behind me were talking about how they loved the ECW revival, and that TNA does new storylines compared to the WWE, how they love the new factions every year and how cool it is that people turn face/heel alot to keep it fresh. SG would have blown a fuse.

The Brown One
01-29-2011, 07:51 AM
People turning heel or face alot in TNA usually doesn't have much of a reason. I still don't know why AJ turned heel.

Stinger187
01-29-2011, 08:16 AM
It means RVD doesn't want to put anyone over.

And the RVD being injured by Janice thing was pretty obvious since he did have some issues.

oh he did want anyone to win besides him! thats crazy! who would be so selfish? Nevermind don't answer that!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-01-2011, 03:43 AM
TNA needs a kick in the ass to be good again.

TNA 06-08>TNA now.

SilverGhost you're right but don't forget that genius match TNA put at Unbreakable 2005: Styles vs Daniels vs Joe

SilverGhost
02-01-2011, 12:45 PM
SilverGhost you're right but don't forget that genius match TNA put at Unbreakable 2005: Styles vs Daniels vs Joe

I apologize!

TNA 05-08>TNA now :P

Murphdogg4
02-02-2011, 04:08 AM
Will this finally be a wake up call to Dixie Carter? probably not. I'm not sure how seriously I take it being that most people who voted for it are WWE marks. Wrestling in general is horrible right now. True wrestling fans are begging for a true alternative to the WWE sports entertainent crap but TNA seems oblivious to the fact.

SevenCagedTigers
02-02-2011, 10:05 AM
http://whatsup.lixlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/shitstorm.jpg

2nd place: IWA-MS - 38 votes
1st place: TNA - 562 votes - (just under a 1400% increase, ie. a total curb stomping)

To be honest though, I am genuinely surprised that Impact was voted worse than NXT.

I don't even know what IWA is, and I wager to bet that most people don't. To say that TNA gets voted as "worst promotion" above one that no one has ever seen isn't surprising. Its just math. A better title would be "worst TELEVISED promotion". Because honestly, if you had to choose which promotion is worse, between TNA, a company youve actually seen, and IWA, a company youve never even heard of, which would you choose?

This seems like just a meaningless statistic, in that regard.

SevenCagedTigers
02-02-2011, 10:14 AM

The death of the Knockouts division also comes to mind. TNA had possibly THE most dominant women's division in the history of televised women's wrestling. Instead, they lost all of their top talent (Gail Kim, Alyssa Flash, Awesome Kong, Roxxy, ODB) and now WWE's women's division looks better.

The Knockouts division has had ZERO consistency with their women's tag titles. They introduced the tag titles because there was so much talent on the Knockouts roster that they simply needed a tag division to showcase them all. And instead, Taylor Wilde and Sarita get stripped of the titles after Sarita is released. Then Taylor Wilde and Hamada get stripped of the tag titles AGAIN when Hamada gets released from her contract. Theres just no regard for consistency, and that disregard devalues their titles.

The Knockouts division and the X-division were THE reasons to tune in to TNA, but both divisions have been abandoned, so what reason is there to tune into TNA now? The tag division seems to have fizzled now that they gave Beer Money the titles, due to a short-sighted need to make the then heel faction Fourtune look good. But where does that leave the Beer Money-Motor City Machine Guns feud when both teams are faces? It all just stinks.

SevenCagedTigers
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM

The redneck dictionary. Define "asanine".

"I give 'er face a three and 'er ass a nine"

Rich Cranium
02-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm surprised no one from the barnyard demanded a recount even though it's not an election!

Necroyeti
02-02-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't even know what IWA is, and I wager to bet that most people don't. To say that TNA gets voted as "worst promotion" above one that no one has ever seen isn't surprising. Its just math. A better title would be "worst TELEVISED promotion". Because honestly, if you had to choose which promotion is worse, between TNA, a company youve actually seen, and IWA, a company youve never even heard of, which would you choose?

This seems like just a meaningless statistic, in that regard.
Implying a company is shit because "nobody's heard of it"
http://i.imgur.com/ECAFh.jpg
"Most people" might not know what IWA-MS is, but I wager to bet that most - possibly all - the readers/voters of Wrestling Observer do, and probably watch it. TNA and WWE marks just don't exist there, largely a bunch of puro and indie geeks.

For the record: IWA-MS nowadays is really a terrible promotion to watch, but not for the same reasons as TNA... mostly because it's essentially a deathmatch company, and even in that respect they're not in the same league as CZW or BJW. It used to be quite a good, respectable indie though - look through the alumni list on wikipedia, you'll likely see many of your favourite TNA names in there.

TL;DR version: you don't know what you're talking about.

Bodom
02-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Can't believe it's the same IWA-MS that hosts the Ted Petty Invitational. What a shame.

el gabo
02-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Will this finally be a wake up call to Dixie Carter? probably not. I'm not sure how seriously I take it being that most people who voted for it are WWE marks. Wrestling in general is horrible right now. True wrestling fans are begging for a true alternative to the WWE sports entertainent crap but TNA seems oblivious to the fact.

WRONG! RAW was voted up there too.

Murphdogg4
02-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm surprised no one from the barnyard demanded a recount even though it's not an election!

I watch both TNA and WWE, saying Necks are the only watching TNA is like saying only emo kids watch WWE.

SilverGhost
02-02-2011, 12:31 PM
The death of the Knockouts division also comes to mind. TNA had possibly THE most dominant women's division in the history of televised women's wrestling. Instead, they lost all of their top talent (Gail Kim, Alyssa Flash, Awesome Kong, Roxxy, ODB) and now WWE's women's division looks better.

The Knockouts division has had ZERO consistency with their women's tag titles. They introduced the tag titles because there was so much talent on the Knockouts roster that they simply needed a tag division to showcase them all. And instead, Taylor Wilde and Sarita get stripped of the titles after Sarita is released. Then Taylor Wilde and Hamada get stripped of the tag titles AGAIN when Hamada gets released from her contract. Theres just no regard for consistency, and that disregard devalues their titles.

The Knockouts division and the X-division were THE reasons to tune in to TNA, but both divisions have been abandoned, so what reason is there to tune into TNA now? The tag division seems to have fizzled now that they gave Beer Money the titles, due to a short-sighted need to make the then heel faction Fourtune look good. But where does that leave the Beer Money-Motor City Machine Guns feud when both teams are faces? It all just stinks.

The Knockouts division is ok for now. It needs something fresh, like new women's wrestlers that know how to wrestle.

X-Division needs to get out of its life support. That part has so much potential.