PDA

View Full Version : Evan Bourne and what his return holds

Nitro_99
01-26-2011, 11:39 PM
He is one of my favourite wrestlers. He is the new high-flyer of the WWE. He sells great, he performs great, his name is Evan Bourne. He has two top 25 wwe matches of the year. His match with Chris Jericho stole Fatal Fourway and what does this show WWE? He then sells a Shooting Star RKO and what does he get from that? He gets put in a tag team with Mark Henry and doesnt even get the slammy for OMG Moment of the year. When Evan Bourne returns (hopefully in time for Wrestlemania), will Evan finally get in the spot light? We all know he has bad mic skills but so does John Morrison. If they work on that, then he will be perfect for a title run. I think of the people who have just come into the WWE who already have had gold around their waist and they could NEVER perform like Bourne. So, what does the future hold for him? The question is not that but is more "Will WWE ever think straight?". If he comes back and has a match with CM Punk, I sense another Match of the Year. So Evan Bourne, lets just hope that your Shooting Star Press hits, otherwise you will just crash and burn.

evilgenius780
01-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Im not sure if he has that certain it factor. It took two guys to make that RKO work, and to be honest...who couldn't steal the show when your opponent is Chris Jericho?

The Brown One
01-27-2011, 12:31 AM
I expect WWE to air return vignettes for this young man. They usually wouldn't do that for cruiserweights(except Rey Mysterio), but I think they have enough faith in him to push him.
I want him to go for the US title upon his return.
But the most obvious thing for him to do when he returns is go after CM Punk(for taking him out last year). Since the New Nexus vs Corre feud(even though it hasn't started yet) is expected to continue far past WM, it would make sense if WWE assembled a Raw team to take on Punk and New Nexus(taking a break from fighting the Corre, or if they beat Corre).

ToWhomItConcerns.
01-27-2011, 12:45 AM
this guy is really something special its sad that hes not used right...whether its because of his size or his mic skills i don't know but i can't imagine it being anything other than those 2 things.

whats the 1 thing that can help him? the people. if he gets over (like over over) he could easily take Mysterio's place whenever he retires. they're the same size (about) and lets face it Mysterio isn't anything special on the mic.

TheMadThinker
01-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Bourne has a ton of skill, but it has never been a secret that Vince McMahon is not high on little guys. Did anyone read the Kaval interview that was posted last week? Creative is not going to push guys that they know Vince will not get behind.

I expect he will return to some fanfare, but end up jobbing at the midcard level just like he did before he went out hurt.

peppermill25
01-27-2011, 01:41 AM
He looks funny, he has that stupid peace sign he does, agh I hate him.

The Brown One
01-27-2011, 02:01 AM

Have you seen his WSX days? He played a "jock", with Lizzy Valentine as his girlfriend. He was a heel.

Necroyeti
01-27-2011, 02:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/86bPq.gif

Kashdinero
01-27-2011, 03:01 AM
When he returns a heel turn is a must!

The Brown One
01-27-2011, 03:19 AM
When he returns a heel turn is a must!

He was slightly better as a heel IMO, based on what I've seen on WSX. At least he spoke.

alexrules01
01-27-2011, 04:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/86bPq.gif

Firstly, this is one of the best GIF's ever. I lol'd when that happened on RAW.

Bourne could have decent mic skills, if given the chance to speak. We seen him speak like what, 2 times? Can't wait til he returns though, hoping he gets pushed!

HeelTurn
01-27-2011, 06:44 AM
I would love to see him put on a good show in mitb at Mania, then have a shot at Bryan and the US title, since they seem to have given up on Kidd/Bryan.

SevenCagedTigers
01-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Firstly, this is one of the best GIF's ever. I lol'd when that happened on RAW.

Bourne could have decent mic skills, if given the chance to speak. We seen him speak like what, 2 times? Can't wait til he returns though, hoping he gets pushed!

What could Bourne possibly have to talk about though? He has no conviction. He's just a nice guy who comes out and does cool moves. The only feud I remember him EVER being in was with Chris Jericho, and that feud died in just a few weeks. There wasn't even any hate in the feud, it was mostly just Jericho wanting to beat Bourne as revenge for Bourne beating him. I would like to see Bourne get mic time to further his career, but right now he has nothing to talk about. You know what I'm saying? No feud = no conviction.

Wedge_00
01-27-2011, 07:19 AM
I think it could work if he launched a program with Daniel Bryan. Not too sure how it would work, maybe a returning injured star who was always so close yet so far... I think if you pair up Bryan and Bourne to come up in the tag team divison that can work well, a good way to rebuild the tag team titles- also with Bryan just sitting on the US championship it might help him to lose it... Also if Bourne returns and pairs with Bryan, you could build a raw face faction with Bryan,Cena,Bourne and a couple of others going up against Punk Nexus every once and a while...

Bourne and Bryan to win tag team titles, hold it for a while. Then to challenge each other for the US title or throw a heel into the mix for a bit of spice...

Goldust22
01-27-2011, 07:26 AM
I think Evan is the prime example as to why WWE need to bring back the cruiserweight title. He could have a great rivalry with Justin Gabriel for it.

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Edit:dang it that's what I get for going to make coffee! ^ you beat me to it

What they need to do is bring back the wwe cruiserweight championship for guys like them, I love Bryan but I think the us title should be on future WWE/WH champions as a launch pad. Same with the ICC if they'd do that. It be awesome, and I think with the newer current little guys they have they could bring back it's greatness(hornswoggle)! Then they could go for the us of ic titles. But hey we know that'll never happen!

CobraNightviper
01-27-2011, 02:01 PM
I rember when he was Matt Sydel and he was one hell of a performer.

el gabo
01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Someone mentioned Tyson Kidd. That would be a great program since these two can put on a hell of a match. I saw him live once and I think he snorts coke or something because he is just non-stop energy. Amazing wrestling ability. Made me an Evan Bourne fan that day. Wish you guys could see him perform live.

rko619
01-27-2011, 02:39 PM
evan yawn will end up on the 2011 future endevors list . never liked him never will he dosent have mic skills he cant even put on a good match without relying on his opponants (jericho,orton etc)

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Probably injured again(I'm jinxing it :P)

This is like what? 2nd major injury?

He needs to be taken seriously! Put him against Kidd or Bryan and watch them fly.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 02:40 PM
evan yawn will end up on the 2011 future endevors list . never liked him never will he dosent have mic skills he cant even put on a good match without relying on his opponants (jericho,orton etc)

^^^^someone didn't watch his ROH days :P

el gabo
01-27-2011, 02:43 PM

He does not need to rely on his opponents dude. I saw him wrestle Ted DiBiase and he was great, and Ted is not a Kurt Angle. I'll give you one point though, he hasn't proven his mic skills yet. Maybe a heel turn can help that.

He's and awesome wrestler and I don't say that about many wrestlers.

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 02:47 PM
He does not need to rely on his opponents dude. I saw him wrestle Ted DiBiase and he was great, and Ted is not a Kurt Angle. I'll give you one point though, he hasn't proven his mic skills yet. Maybe a heel turn can help that.

He's and awesome wrestler and I don't say that about many wrestlers.

I doubt a heel turn will help. Besides, he doesn't really have that heel look.

el gabo
01-27-2011, 02:50 PM
I doubt a heel turn will help. Besides, he doesn't really have that heel look.

It's that damn smile and peace sign he does. I don't know, there's people saying that he was a heel in another wreslting company and did good. Just an assumption.

thejman93
01-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm on record as being a Bourne mark. I think the guy has oodles of talent in the ring but his mic skills are weak.

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 02:53 PM
It's that damn smile and peace sign he does. I don't know, there's people saying that he was a heel in another wreslting company and did good. Just an assumption.

Yep. That's it. Those are the reasons right there.
Again, I still don't think a heel turn would help out his mic skills.

HeelTurn
01-27-2011, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHmc07UvGg&feature=related

Little taste of heel Bourne.

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHmc07UvGg&feature=related

Little taste of heel Bourne.

Funny how someone who agrees with a Bourne heel turn is named HeelTurn. XD

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Funny how someone who agrees with a Bourne heel turn is named HeelTurn. XD

True and funny

VKM
01-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Even though WWE is high on Evan, they never strapped a title around his waist

el gabo
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM

They were high on him for about a week or two when he main evented RAW with John Cena. It's said because Cena himself pitched this. I don't think they would have him job the way they did if they really liked him. I hope this all changes when he's back. They have done a good job pushing new talent this last year so, lets see. It depends on how Vince mood is I guess.

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 04:00 PM

That's because he got hurt I think they was going have him feud with Bryan for the USC

Rich Cranium
01-27-2011, 04:02 PM
That could be an intriguing match: Bryan vs. Evan

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Skippy it would be! They could put on one hell of a show even though most of the kiddies watching have no idea who they are yet!

HeelTurn
01-27-2011, 04:05 PM
They planned on giving him a run as ECW champ a while back, but I think they gave it to Matt instead.

Rich Cranium
01-27-2011, 04:07 PM
They planned on giving him a run as ECW champ a while back, but I think they gave it to Matt instead.

http://fast1.onesite.com/fans.wwe.com/user/undertaker-rulz/7b52df3e6151689c090a0629d92387d3.jpg

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 04:11 PM
http://fast1.onesite.com/fans.wwe.com/user/undertaker-rulz/7b52df3e6151689c090a0629d92387d3.jpg

What? He wasn't on his grape addiction back then.

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 04:14 PM
What? He wasn't on his grape addiction back then.

Not going to say a thing

The Brown One
01-27-2011, 05:46 PM
I think they gave him the ECW title belt because they knew he would never be WWE champion, or WHC, like his brother.

Stinger187
01-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I think they gave him the ECW title belt because they knew he would never be WWE champion, or WHC, like his brother.

Nope not a thing

Necroyeti
01-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Your wish is my command
WATCH (http://www.megavideo.com/?d=E2DEJVAM)
DOWNLOAD (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2DEJVAM)