PDA

View Full Version : omg nxt wow

willos19991
01-26-2011, 11:00 PM
hey by any chance did any of you guys was able to watch nxt on tuesday, it had one of the best matches of the year, dammm daniel bryan vs ted dibiase jr was a great technicale and overall match, if you guys havent seen it your missing a lot, but the question is why would the wwe let them have this really long match in nxt instead of raw, and what are your thoughts on ted dibiase jr, i didnt know he could wrestle with the big boys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnz0ZVLGStM&feature=player_embedded

The Brown One
01-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Ted can go. People don't give him much of a chance, because of how hes floundering now, compared to how relevant he was in Legacy. He needs mic work(as in, needs to talk more), and stop with the gimmick completely since he tried to stop getting "hand-me-downs" from his father(the US title).

NexSES
01-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Great match! Thaks for posting it.

A little off topic but has anyone noticed that Danielson's rookie looks a little like Andy Samberg?

justin sane
01-27-2011, 01:17 AM
agreed, that was a nice out. Just what Ted needs to get back on track. If only they could let him do that on a Raw...

SDR
01-27-2011, 01:59 AM
thanks for posting that, l unfortunately will miss NXT live for the next 4 months... l watched the clips on WWE but a lot gets left out. both matches from this episode showed a lot of potential and really demonstrated how entertaining a wrestling based product can be.

Necroyeti
01-27-2011, 02:44 AM

A little off topic but has anyone noticed that Danielson's rookie looks a little like Andy Samberg?
Now I've seen it, I can't unsee it.

I also can't unsee Danielson as an older Michael Cera
http://images.hitfix.com/photos/460837/Michael_Cera_Pilgrim_Final_Interview_article_story _main.jpg

Androo
01-27-2011, 05:37 AM

saw it straight away man! and u kno thts why hes doing all this comedic goofy character, kinda like samberg on snl, lonely island etc! someone in the backs said "hey u kno tht nxt guy, derrick bateman, he looks like this snl guy andy samberg" "who?" "hes quite well known bn in movies and big on internet" "well have him be like him in wwe, make him do all these skits n shit" "ok vince"! its a classic! vince does this all the time, he thinks it wins! thts why dolph ziggler is named so because they thought he looked like a younger dolph lundgren!!! its laughable

SaberToothTigerz
01-27-2011, 07:05 AM
i saw nxt a while ago and WOW yea i was amazed by howlong ted dibiase lasted its amazing how far he can go and just overall how far anyone on the wwe CAN go if vince cuts their chains off

Tenzach
01-27-2011, 07:18 AM
These 2 should have a real feud leading into WrestleMania, I don't see why not.

SaberToothTigerz
01-27-2011, 07:19 AM
These 2 should have a real feud leading into WrestleMania, I don't see why not.

exactly
giving the us tittle some action it needs to be defended more times

jcagosto
01-27-2011, 07:23 AM
That was all Daniel Bryan. I mean, Dibiase is good, but he can't put a match so good with anybody else.

Wedge_00
01-27-2011, 07:29 AM
I think that a Bryan and Diabase program would be good...

Ted and his rookie to win the tag-team titles- then see Bryan and bourne to pair up and rebuild the tag team titles with a decent feud... I think they should give him a decent run and offer a feud that can have some real meat to it- something that will help build some mic skills for both Bryan and Bourne...

CMhuw24
01-27-2011, 07:34 AM
I saw the match and i meen Ted can go, but Daniel Bryan can make anyone look good.
Maybe even Cena? Hmm actually probably not...

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Wasn't they doing a Ted/Daniel feud before and it seem to fizzle out! I agree the us title needs more action but that hard to do when it's the John cena show!

SaberToothTigerz
01-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Wasn't they doing a Ted/Daniel feud before and it seem to fizzle out! I agree the us title needs more action but that hard to do when it's the John cena show!

i dont see what john cena has to do with the us tittle
cena is in the main event
the us tittle is for midcarders

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 09:42 AM
When you have so many cena promo's it leaves no time for us title matches/ promos.
Like on Monday's raw

willos19991
01-27-2011, 12:25 PM
well we are in royal rumble season so of course they are not going to pay attention to the us champ, however if they dont use daniel bryan in the elimination chamber, i see him paring with his rookie which no one talks about it but derrick bateman is a really good wrestler overall, and i see them having daniel bryan as the us champ and the tag team champ the but thing is that they would have to feud with santino and kozlov wait actually if you think about it daniel bryan, derrick bateman, santino and kozlov sounds like a really funny full of sketches feud plus the whole love triangle thing,

willos19991
01-27-2011, 12:31 PM
That was all Daniel Bryan. I mean, Dibiase is good, but he can't put a match so good with anybody else.
perhaps, but you have to think about it this way, prowrestling is a team sport, (well unless your ric flair and you can have a 5 star match with a broom stick,) there would always be the guy giving the punches and there would always be the guy selling those punches. and for a match to be great both of those guys have to work it is not a one man gang kind of deal

CobraNightviper
01-27-2011, 12:32 PM
someone always has to mention John Cena somewhere in theese forums I try to ignore it the only thing I can think of Cena has to do with the U.S.title is he held it before he became a main eventer.
i dont see what john cena has to do with the U.S.tittle

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
someone always has to mention John Cena somewhere in theese forums I try to ignore it the only thing I can think of Cena has to do with the U.S.title is he held it before he became a main eventer.

What he was saying is what does he have to do with it now. I was just explaining that he has a lot of air time on raw, and in order to show case the USC more he'd need to get less time which won't happen on raw since he's the WWE cash cow right now!

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 01:54 PM
When you have so many cena promo's it leaves no time for us title matches/ promos.
Like on Monday's raw

You think it's John Cena's fault the US title isn't getting that much attention? :S

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 02:31 PM
You think it's John Cena's fault the US title isn't getting that much attention? :S

I'm not blaming cena for it! Im just stating fact.

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm not blaming cena for it! Im just stating fact.

You kinda are whether it's fact or not. John Cena was on RAW for less than fifteen minutes, didn't wrestle a match, gave a pretty short promo yet Daniel Bryan competed in what was probably his shortest match in WWE.

Androo
01-27-2011, 03:11 PM

You kinda are whether it's fact or not. John Cena was on RAW for less than fifteen minutes, didn't wrestle a match, gave a pretty short promo yet Daniel Bryan competed in what was probably his shortest match in WWE.

OH MY GOD!!! wot dont u get?!? hes not blaming cena!!! the wwe are interested in keeping their main eventers, most of which is cena, the main focal point of pretty much all their top shows!!! its a well regarded fact!!!! which leaves less emphasis on the US, IC TITLES and other midcarders!!!

its tiresome!!

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 03:17 PM
OH MY GOD!!! wot dont u get?!? hes not blaming cena!!! the wwe are interested in keeping their main eventers, most of which is cena, the main focal point of pretty much all their top shows!!! its a well regarded fact!!!! which leaves less emphasis on the US, IC TITLES and other midcarders!!!

its tiresome!!

Maybe we think that because the only person he mentioned was Cena? And why shouldn't the main event be the MAIN FOCAL POINT of the show? Not doing that would be like hyping up an undercard match of a UFC PPV event when the main event is a UFC Heavyweight Championship match between Junior Dos Santos and Brock Lesnar. Would that make any sense? The problem isn't that the main eventers, which consists A LOT more than Cena mind you, are the main focal point of the show, it's that they're getting TOO MUCH airtime.

VKM
01-27-2011, 03:18 PM
WWE might as well discard the US, IC and Tag team titles cuz I don't see them as separate good division. The only thing i give TNA credit for is having good division besides the World title division...Well at least they use to do that, now with Hogan and Bischoff, the divisions are becoming like WWE's divisions...WORTHLESS!

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 03:23 PM

its tiresome!!

Thank you XD

Androo
01-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Maybe we think that because the only person he mentioned was Cena? And why shouldn't the main event be the MAIN FOCAL POINT of the show? Not doing that would be like hyping up an undercard match of a UFC PPV event when the main event is a UFC Heavyweight Championship match between Junior Dos Santos and Brock Lesnar.

first off it generally is cena - he is the poster boy! secondly ur using ufc as a comparison to wrestling - real combat sport to scripted wrestling - flawed! and ufc do it anyway! they hold payperviews all the time with different weight classes as the main event!!

Would that make any sense? The problem isn't that the main eventers, which consists A LOT more than Cena mind you, are the main focal point of the show, it's that they're getting TOO MUCH airtime.

thirdly i dont even know what ur on about here!!! main focal point and too much airtime go hand in hand, there basically the same thing, and is what stinger, and myself, are trying to explain to u! and uve basically just said exactly what stinger said about cena, getting TOO MUCH AIRTIME!.....eh....??? are u contradicting urself?? are u not??

WWTNA Mark
01-27-2011, 03:52 PM
I loved this match. The only problem I had with it was Maryse drawing the attention to herself and commentary not even acknowledging the freaking match!

Rich Cranium
01-27-2011, 03:57 PM
I loved this match. The only problem I had with it was Maryse drawing the attention to herself and commentary not even acknowledging the freaking match!

That's another problem with NXT is the announce team. They talk mostly about unrelated things during the matches.

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 03:58 PM

I've noticed that happens a lot! I think it was Bryan vs Morrison, Cole talked about almost everything beside it match!I think that was last weeks RAW! I think..... But it makes me made when a great match is going on and they talk about everything but the action!

WWTNA Mark
first off it generally is cena - he is the poster boy! secondly ur using ufc as a comparison to wrestling - real combat sport to scripted wrestling - flawed! and ufc do it anyway! they hold payperviews all the time with different weight classes as the main event!!

thirdly i dont even know what ur on about here!!! main focal point and too much airtime go hand in hand, there basically the same thing, and is what stinger, and myself, are trying to explain to u! and uve basically just said exactly what stinger said about cena, getting TOO MUCH AIRTIME!.....eh....??? are u contradicting urself?? are u not??

Totally disagree. Raw had two tag team matches, a Diva match, and a mixed tag match including backstage segments. There were only two big matches which John Cena was apart of one so how is John Cena and the main event taking up too much air-time? And isn't the main event scene suppose to be the main focal point of Raw? Thats like saying The Rock was over shattering air-time with his promos and matches!

SaberToothTigerz
wow I got alot of heat going on right now heh heh

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 04:03 PM

So what if Cena is the posterboy? That doesn't mean squat if he's sidelined with an injury, right? Don't you realize that there are more main eventers out there than Cena? Orton? HHH? Taker? Mysterio? Sheamus? Plus, you failed to see the central point of my example. I wasn't comapring UFC and WWE at all. I was showing you why MAIN EVENTERS should be the MAIN FOCAL POINT of the show. It doesn't matter if the weight class is differnt or not. A fight between two people well known throughout the world should have more hype/air time than one with less well known people. It's just common sense. So since you think that my UFC example is bad because it's roots come from real fighting instead of wrestling, which again had nothing to do with my example, how about a WWE one? Take a look at Wrestlemania 26. What should get more hype? A match between two veterans who have stood the test of time in the wrestling world, revolutionized the WWE, captivated wrestling fans of all ages throughout the decades, aspired countless people to become wrestlers themselves compete in a match where one of their careers are on the line or a match 26 man battle royal between lowcarders and midcarders that have failed to make an impact amongst the majority of the fans or have created indifference to their existence as a result of "not being as good as they were two or three years ago"?

In what way does the main focal point and too much airtime go hand in hand or in what way am I contradicting myself? I'll leave the burden of proof to the plantiff.

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Totally disagree. Raw had two tag team matches, a Diva match, and a mixed tag match including backstage segments. There were only two big matches which John Cena was apart of one so how is John Cena and the main event taking up too much air-time? And isn't the main event scene suppose to be the main focal point of Raw? Thats like saying The Rock was over shattering air-time with his promos and matches!

About time someone saw my point.

Androo
01-27-2011, 04:20 PM

man! its in general tho isnt it. ofcourse the main event scene is the supposed to be the main focal point, ofcourse the rock was and should have been the main focal point. what im trying to get at is the wwe has, of late, shown little creativity and emphasis into the us and ic title scene (other than the odd title match/change). im not saying this should be in place of the rocks , cenas , other main eventers there hav been. im sayin there has been little development of them and the wrestlers associated with them. which seems to show, to me, that wwe is like purely bias to its main event only. in the rocks day and that there WERE midcard storylines for the IC titles etc along with the main focal point, the main eventers! it could be the same now, but from my point of view, it isnt, atleast not as much anyway.

mrbluto
01-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Great match.
Andy Samberg is right.

THE_CRIPPLER
01-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Well back on topic.

The match was ok but all it proved was how Good Bryan is..... The match was great till Ted Diabiase had his horrible borring offense in there.

Ted had his moments but it Was the Daniel Bryan show, this is more of a reason they should push Bryan not Diabiase.

Stinger187
01-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Well back on topic.

The match was ok but all it proved was how Good Bryan is..... The match was great till Ted Diabiase had his horrible borring offense in there.

Ted had his moments but it Was the Daniel Bryan show, this is more of a reason they should push Bryan not Diabiase.

I agree! But no to fast he needs more build up so the kids can know who he is, because most of them don't!