PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hennig please stand up.

tdp
01-26-2011, 10:44 PM
anyone else see alot of potential in joe "mcgillicutty" hennig? From the fcw I've watched on youtube and the little I've caught on wwe I really like the kid. I really think he could launch off with a good face turn. Maybe have nexus treat him crappier or something and have him revolt against the group, standing up to punk with a great fued. Finally he'd be true to himself and would start using the hennig name again. Mcgillicutty is lame anyways. Of course for a face turn he'd have to lose the beard lol.

alexrules01
01-26-2011, 11:45 PM
He should attempt to do things perfectly, but fail lol

Necroyeti
01-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Of course for a face turn he'd have to lose the beard lol.
Yeah, what's with everybody in Nexus having crap beards anyway?

Thing about Hennig is, his mic skills are absolutely abysmal. And it seems like creative has picked up on this too, because I don't remember him having any significant speaking roles since joining the nexus. Hopefully he'll improve on this, because being a third generation wrestler guarantees we'll be seeing him for a long-ass time in the WWE.

The Brown One
01-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Hes got the wrestling skills, but yeah, he definitely needs mic work. He would be the odd one out in New Nexus, if not for being the tagteam in New Nexus with Harris.

SevenCagedTigers
01-27-2011, 06:53 AM
anyone else see alot of potential in joe "mcgillicutty" hennig? From the fcw I've watched on youtube and the little I've caught on wwe I really like the kid. I really think he could launch off with a good face turn. Maybe have nexus treat him crappier or something and have him revolt against the group, standing up to punk with a great fued. Finally he'd be true to himself and would start using the hennig name again. Mcgillicutty is lame anyways. Of course for a face turn he'd have to lose the beard lol.

Seems like right now all theyre doing is putting him into tag-title contention, based on the fact that he and Husky Harris were the only two members from NXT season 2 to be in the New Nexus. Thats the only reason those two guys are teaming together. Hennig is simply too vanilla for me, and regardless how how his in-ring skills might be, his lackluster mic skills are impermissible. It doesnt matter how great an athlete is, the moment they start cutting bad promos I lose interest.

HeelTurn
01-27-2011, 06:54 AM

That would actually be quite funny, but then he'd be stuck as a joke character.

brodius
01-27-2011, 08:40 AM
I figured that the last name was a tribute to Beulah McGillicutty from ECW. The story he gave on NXT was it was his mothers maiden name.

Goldust22
01-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Ive never seen any of his matches can anyone recommend any?

Spear-O-Matic
01-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah, what's with everybody in Nexus having crap beards anyway?

Thing about Hennig is, his mic skills are absolutely abysmal. And it seems like creative has picked up on this too, because I don't remember him having any significant speaking roles since joining the nexus. Hopefully he'll improve on this, because being a third generation wrestler guarantees we'll be seeing him for a long-ass time in the WWE.

I actually don't think WWE cares about abysmal mic skills... Hell, they gave Otunga the mic AGAIN on Monday for another Otunga Middle School Pep Rally.

CobraNightviper
01-27-2011, 11:55 AM
did they ever say where the Micheal Mcgillicutty came from?more wwe made up names maybe?

CobraNightviper
01-27-2011, 11:56 AM
He's along way from his dads skills.

Lance Storm
01-27-2011, 12:03 PM
I was thinking he could be "The Perfect Son" Joe Hennig

tdp
01-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I do believe he's a ways away from headlining anything but work the mic skills, gain alot of exposure with nexus (I'm refusing to call it new nexus) and add a lengthy tag title run with harris and after a face turn hennig could be a star. They just need to manage him right, good luck huh? And someone asked about matches to check out, he had a lengthy fued he couldn't seem to get the better of with sheamus in fcw which had high quality matches as far as I'm concerned.

Iron Ape
01-27-2011, 03:38 PM
I continue to be mystified why people put so much stock in what a wrestler's name is. Changing names isn't going to make this kid any less of a 9/11 on the mic, so there are far more important things to focus on.

EDIT: And the fans seriously need to back off of their obsession with having second and third generation talent walking in their parents' shadows. I mean, "the perfect son"? Really? This shit sounds like it has potential to be made into a Hallmark Channel movie.

Stump
01-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I think this kid could be really good if he got some more ring time and worked on his mic skills.

SaberToothTigerz
01-27-2011, 07:06 PM
maybe they changed his name bcuz of his family lineage
idk why but joe impressed me back in nxt season 2
just get rid of that haircut its disturbing to watch
anyways im off now..