PDA

View Full Version : Belfort vs. Silva

68wPayne
01-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Alright, Vitor Belfort (one of my favorites since I was a kid) vs. Antonio Silva. Thoughts, predictions, ect. I have to say as much as I love Vitor and hate Silva, I think Silva will win just cause he is a monster in the cage. Vitor was the shizzle when I was a kid, when he was destroying Tank Abbott and whatnot, but that was a while ago and I haven't seen too much from him lately.

Mongo
01-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm predicting an upset in the 2nd round...Vitor by TKO.

Rich Cranium
01-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Vitor will be caught in the 'Spider's' web!

Kashdinero
01-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Vitor will be caught in the 'Spider's' web!

This is a strong possibility, I really hope it stays standing, which it should. If the Spider who showed up against Sonnen and Maia though, Andersons in trouble. The GSP Vs Anderson fight should be a strong possibility if "The Spider" can win this!

Rich Cranium
01-26-2011, 04:28 PM
I want to see the Rich Franklin/ Forrest Griffin fight as well! Should be good!

Kashdinero
01-26-2011, 04:42 PM
I want to see the Rich Franklin/ Forrest Griffin fight as well! Should be good!

Forrest is one of my favourite fighter's and I see him picking up the winner's purse in this one.

Side note. I wonder if this will be the first time Griffen and Silva have met since that one sided beating about a year ago. You know, the one where Forrest fled cage in shame after being K.O'd by a jab ;)

Robstar
01-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Forrest is one of my favourite fighter's and I see him picking up the winner's purse in this one.

Side note. I wonder if this will be the first time Griffen and Silva have met since that one sided beating about a year ago. You know, the one where Forrest fled cage in shame after being K.O'd by a jab ;)

I missed that fight. Run Forrest run! lol No I love Forrest AND Franklin and this fight is the main reason I'm ordering this ppv. However I can't call the Belfort/Silva fight as anything can happen in UFC as you all know but if pressed I'd put my money on Belfort. Question - has Silva ever been KO'd?

Rich Cranium
01-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Question - has Silva ever been KO'd?

Idk, but Silva is awesome at counter striking which could very well lead to Vitor's demise.

Mongo
01-26-2011, 11:43 PM
The Forrest/Silvia fight was a disgrace. Forrest said he was on quaaludes during the fight.....

Lance Storm
01-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I've have followed Belfort since he was a rookie. I hope he KO's Anderson. I'm a huge Franklin mark, I hope he pulls this out for one last run at the LHW strap.

thedominator92
01-29-2011, 12:53 PM
does belfort really deserve a title shot? he has never fought at MW and fought franklin at 195. he should have had at least one mw fight before being offered a title shot imo

Mongo
01-29-2011, 04:15 PM
I think he deserves a title shot. Two fights before the Franklin fight were both MW,granted it was with the Now defunct Affliction brand. He's a big draw and one of the greatest MMA fighters ever....not as great as Spider tho.

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Doesn't this fight happen on Saturday the 5th?

68wPayne
02-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Doesn't this fight happen on Saturday the 5th?
indeed it does sir

Kashdinero
02-03-2011, 03:23 AM
does belfort really deserve a title shot? he has never fought at MW and fought franklin at 195. he should have had at least one mw fight before being offered a title shot imo

While I agree, you have to consider that this is the UFC! they put whoever they want, wherever they want.... They are the best wrestling promotion in the world after all ;)

I can't wait for this, wether he deserves it or not, Vitor is gonna give The Spider a hard time!

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
It's gonna be a great battle of two Brazilians with an amazing background!

I am REALLY hyped for Franklin/Griffin fight as well.

Kashdinero
02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
It's gonna be a great battle of two Brazilians with an amazing background!

I am REALLY hyped for Franklin/Griffin fight as well.

Forrest has got this!!

Are you watching live?

Robstar
02-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I am getting it live. I can't pick out of Forrest and Franklin - I like them both too much too choose!

I think if Belfort can't get The Spider in the first 1 or 2 rounds, by KO which noone has ever done to Silva, then his stamina is in question. Who do you have for the Bader/Jones fight?

Kashdinero
02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I am getting it live. I can't pick out of Forrest and Franklin - I like them both too much too choose!

I think if Belfort can't get The Spider in the first 1 or 2 rounds, by KO which noone has ever done to Silva, then his stamina is in question. Who do you have for the Bader/Jones fight?

I think the Bader/Jones fight is harder to predict than Franklin/Griffen fight. Silva, Bader and Griffen are my picks!

I'll be in the chat room for this one.

Rich Cranium
02-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Forrest has got this!!

Are you watching live?

Yes and I will be live in the chat room as well!

Robstar
02-03-2011, 08:18 PM
I won't, I am having friends over and don't have a laptop :(

Kashdinero
02-04-2011, 02:33 AM
I won't, I am having friends over and don't have a laptop :(

I hope your making them chip in for the cost of the PPV, or at the very least having them bring the beer over!

@Rich: I'll see you there buddy.....

Wow, I'm excited as a fat kid with a new variety of dip for his chips! ;)