PDA

View Full Version : Face/Heel Turns

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
You cant post here who you think should or would like to see turn heel or face and why.

I would like to see The Miz turn face and see how that works out, but only after he becomes a WWE champion. because else he would go down the same path as MVP.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Been saying this for a long time.

Give MVP his tunnel back, full theme song, and make him a goddamn heel.

CDave3
08-12-2010, 11:17 AM
MVP Go heel. When come back HHH Heel, Have john Morrison go Heel.

Tommy Thunder
08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
i would like to see the following:

MVP heel turn
Chavo Gurerro face turn (feud with ziggler for the IC belt as vikie has thrown chavo to one side in favour of ziggler)
Christian heel turn prehaps?
HHH to return as a heel
Jericho face turn, he's been a heel for ages now, and although he's brilliant, i want to see him back as face Y2J with the tights
Kozlov and Khali heel turn, both are a joke as faces

can't think of any others right now

Bodom
08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't see Jericho coming back as Y2J, but yes as face. I just worry that we'll get Party Boy Y2J

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Oh and i would love to see Mysterio turn heel, i dont think it would ever work out or even ever happen. but still i'm curious to see how it would work out.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Meh as long Mysterio stays far far away from the belt

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
hhh was best as heel so should turn him back
mvp works better as a heel to
jericho as face would be great if he could be the jericho over the early 00's but dont see it in pg era
christian heel turn ould begood and form e and c with edge once again
would also be great if cena turned heel bt probs wont happen might be to obvious to us older fans

tantrum
08-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Cena heel turn would be almost as epic when Hogan turned heel at Bash at the Beach 96! That has to be the most epic heel turn of all time! 2 decades as a face and then BAM!! Cena is the face of WWE so a heel turn would be shocking! But doubt it would happen, so realistically I'd like to see MVP turn heel

Qwerty
08-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Morrison need a heel turn (him as a face bores me), MVP needs to be a heel (Everyone else already covered this), and I would love to see Christian turn heel (All that you would need to do is have him attack Hardy).

Necroyeti
08-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Justin Angel needs to turn face once the nexus angle is over, the man doesn't really suit being a heel.

I'm also guessing Morrison and Kofi are about to turn heel shortly, which would be pretty awesome I guess.

RKOViper
08-13-2010, 09:42 AM
In order of who needs a heel turn the most:

1. HHH
2. Cena
3. Morrison
4. MVP
5. Mysterio

In order of who needs a face turn the most:

1. The Miz (after WWE title win)
2. Can't think of anyone else?!

SgtGohan
08-13-2010, 09:50 AM
y2j needs to turn baby imo.

Bodom
08-13-2010, 09:57 AM
I feel it happening, just none of this party boy Y2J. IT was cute then, but it aint gonna work in 2010.

NightWolf
09-26-2010, 06:59 AM
In order of who needs a heel turn the most:

1. HHH
2. Cena
3. Morrison
4. MVP
5. Mysterio
6. Christian
In order of who needs a face turn the most:

1. The Miz (after WWE title win)
2. Can't think of anyone else?!Chris Jericho

Sorry for doing some editing on this, Rkoviper.

maddogg336
10-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Who do u think should crossover to heel/face in my opinion i think the undertaker should have another run as the psychotic heel b4 he retires

NecroButcher187
10-01-2010, 08:17 PM
It's obviously time for a Cena heel turn. Superman goes bad, Orton the anti-hero can't vanquish him setting up Triple H to come in and save the day. He'll win the belt, but Cena'll screw him over setting up the WWE-WHC unification 3-way match of face HHH vs. heel Cena (WWE champ) vs. Undertaker (he'll be WHC by then). Maybe even a 4-way if they allow Kane into the mix, which i wouldn't mind at all (he's earned & deserves it). 'Taker wins, retires the next night on Raw and sets up a tournamennt for the newly unified, and vacated, world championship.

Mr Perfect
10-01-2010, 08:39 PM
It's obviously time for a Cena heel turn. Superman goes bad, Orton the anti-hero can't vanquish him setting up Triple H to come in and save the day. He'll win the belt, but Cena'll screw him over setting up the WWE-WHC unification 3-way match of face HHH vs. heel Cena (WWE champ) vs. Undertaker (he'll be WHC by then). Maybe even a 4-way if they allow Kane into the mix, which i wouldn't mind at all (he's earned & deserves it). 'Taker wins, retires the next night on Raw and sets up a tournamennt for the newly unified, and vacated, world championship.

I love this idea.. Let's hope Vince see's this or does something on these lines.

maddogg336
10-01-2010, 08:51 PM
i think wwe should introduce a new "evil" character that makes kane and undertaker go back to their evil roots. making kane go back to his mask and bodysuit possibly thru a freak accident in a match that burns his face again and making undertaker go back either to this taker or to the purple/grey attire after a brutal hiac match where he gets destroyed and then dragged thru the ring by what looks like demons then months later comes back from the dead.....again

AndyWonder
10-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I need Orton to go back to heel. The "punt" to Jericho's skull on Monday Night RAW just did not feel right considering he was being cheered. It's just to me a sadistic kick like that is for a full blown heel, not a tweener.

Cena just does not have the look of a heel right now. When he used to walk out with his throwback jerseys and big neck chains and his hat tilted to the side, he actually looked like the heel that he played back then.

Scottland
10-01-2010, 11:59 PM
I need Orton to go back to heel. The "punt" to Jericho's skull on Monday Night RAW just did not feel right considering he was being cheered. It's just to me a sadistic kick like that is for a full blown heel, not a tweener.

Cena just does not have the look of a heel right now. When he used to walk out with his throwback jerseys and big neck chains and his hat tilted to the side, he actually looked like the heel that he played back then.

Dude, it doesn't matter if Orton is a heel/tweener/babyface or whatever. Randy Orton is at that stage where fans are going to cheer for him no matter what. Orton is kind-of-like the Austin of today (or on his way to be). The "punt" to Jericho was a sadistic kick. Hell, Orton is still sadistic as a tweener. Just ask Orton himself. He has even stated his character hasn't changed. The only difference now is he's cheered & he RKO's anyone whether they are a babyface or a heel. Truth be told, Orton as a tweener is truly refreshing & something the WWE has been missing greatly. Creating other full-fledge heels is easy but finding a great anti-hero type is a rare breed & Orton has that "it" factor about him. Keep Orton as the anti-hero. It's one of the best things WWE has done in a long time.

Plus, Triple H & John Cena are both expected to become heels. Triple H has stated for awhile he wants to be a heel again. So, you can expect him to turn heel after he gets redemption on Sheamus & from what's being said WWE is strongly considering having John Cena turn heel just before Wrestlemania. Also, Cena is expected to lose at Hell In The Cell PPV. Nexus is going to be around for Survivor Series since the Survivor Series poster is all Nexus on it.

P.S. From the looks of it, Edge seems to be on the verge of turning babyface especially after tonight's Smackdown.

merhardt03
10-02-2010, 06:49 AM
I would hope after his retribution on Sheamus that Haitch turns heel. Hes so good at it n hes faced for a number of years. Go to the darkside HHH. Lol

Splattered-Dreams
10-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I love watching Kofi in the ring. He needs a heel turn to really express himself as a performer...

$$$ Maker
10-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Undertaker=Heel leading a new ministry of darkness
Triple=Heel leading Nexus
Randy orton=Heel legend killer
John Cena=Heel leading Nexus till trple comes back
Kofi Kingstone=Heel psycho
Mvp=Heel teaming with Kofi and win tag team titles
jericho=face when he comes back
christian=heel gets tired being a jobber

Scottland
10-02-2010, 03:46 PM

Yeah...that's real good. Put all the top guys as heels. Sorry, that wouldn't sell. Most established guys need to be faces or tweeners because they are the ones that carry the show & it's better to bring rookies in as heels rather then faces or tweeners because it takes time for fans to adapt to liking a character.

Undertaker's heel days are long gone. Hell, Undertaker's wrestling days are coming to an end according to some within the WWE. He gets cheered no matter what & a heel turn won't change that. His character is a heel persona but that man is too beloved by fans & his character is just liked.

Triple H will be a heel again down the line for sure even though I think fans are not going to turn against as he's one of those guys in the stages of his career were he will get cheered for no matter what.

Randy Orton's "legend killer" heel days are done & gone let alone it got stale which is why WWE ended it & created the whole "Apex Predator" & "Viper" theme. Orton as the bada$$ anti-hero is perfect for him let alone GREATLY refreshing. This is what most fans have been waiting for as Orton is to good of a wrestler to keep him heel let alone his career would get hurt in the long run by it. He's really going to become the "it" guy rather soon here & WWE knows it. Many have said the Orton Era has begun or it's on it's way.

John Cena turning heel would be just as refreshing as Orton becoming the anti-hero let alone it's the perfect set-up to let Orton take over.

Kofi as a heel would be interesting because he's not that interesting as a face by any means.

There has been speculation of MVP returning to heel form. So, we will have to see.

I don't think Jericho will be back as a face. He returned as a face last time & it didn't go over well. If anything when he returns it will be heel form & wanting redemption on Orton possibly at Wrestlemania not unless they do that prior because Randy Orton (anti-hero) vs. John Cena (heel) has been speculated for this year's Wrestlemania which is by no means out of the question.

As for Christian, keep him as a babyface. He wasn't that good of a heel.

Bodom
10-02-2010, 03:49 PM

I enjoy all of your ideas. But on good principle I just can't agree with this one. It would do nothing for Nexus.

$$$ Maker
10-02-2010, 05:58 PM
I enjoy all of your ideas. But on good principle I just can't agree with this one. It would do nothing for Nexus.

Yeah you're right people will be more interest on Triple H than Nexus.

AndyWonder
10-02-2010, 06:20 PM
I can't see Kofi as a heel. Unless maybe he cut his hair shorter. He also should not do his "boom boom boom" hand signal if he is a heel it would not look right.

Belzova
10-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Nexus is played out.

HHH should be a heel
I remember growing up watching Triple H an watched him also grow into what he later became. One thing I learned was that HHH played the role of a heel absolutely PERFECTLY! I loved his DX days, (minus the naked ladies they would show in the audience) and his Evolution days which catapolted Batista an Orton into main event status. He was really good at making you hate him. I use to lean on the ledge of my chair within each an every one of this guys matches. Recently, face HHH.. Just does not feel right. I liked his 09 feud with Orton though! <3

John Cena should be a heel
Cena also shows that he knows how to play a heel an play it well. At the time I did not respect the gimmick but when he went super I realized how important that gimmick would have become in recent years! The throwback jerseys... The large chains.. Him doing little hilarious rap battles on his opponents of the night. An his funny tag team with A-train. I mean HIP HOP HIPPO.

Edge should be a face

Once he was funny... Once he was skinny... Once he was ripped... Once he was VERY cruiserweight-like in ring ability. Edge had it all an did a lot in the business. From E&C all the way to the many 'reek of awesomeness' matches that he would later have with The Hardys an The Dudley Boys. He always had the potential, and lets face it!! He has done everything there pretty much to do in a heel role. Its time for him to further explore the face role which I believe he has not really done a lot in.

If Chris Jericho comes back he should be a face
Y2J! I loved how his voice sounded. I was always like OH YES! He sounds like a rockstar baby. ;D He got people to hate him, and created some very remembrel moments! For me it was his WWF debut since I was there in attendance. "What is my name bitch?!" He also gave Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson a run for his money as far as mic skills are concerned. He was the king of snarky comments, and made the word ASSCLOWN a common word in my house hold. xD

Randy Orton should be a heel

Randy Orton is just a doll.. I remember when he debuted in his blue tights an came out to some jobber music.. XD I wanted to type more but I have to go! You guys know his heel career. =/

Toss some of those guys to Smackdown or Raw an you have yourself some great star power. I want to see John Cena on Smackdown! again.

Bodom
10-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Nexus is played out.

HHH should be a heel
I remember growing up watching Triple H an watched him also grow into what he later became. One thing I learned was that HHH played the role of a heel absolutely PERFECTLY! I loved his DX days, (minus the naked ladies they would show in the audience) and his Evolution days which catapolted Batista an Orton into main event status. He was really good at making you hate him. I use to lean on the ledge of my chair within each an every one of this guys matches. Recently, face HHH.. Just does not feel right. I liked his 09 feud with Orton though! <3

Cena also shows that he knows how to play a heel an play it well. At the time I did not respect the gimmick but when he went super I realized how important that gimmick would have become in recent years! The throwback jerseys... The large chains.. Him doing little hilarious rap battles on his opponents of the night. An his funny tag team with A-train. I mean HIP HOP HIPPO.

Edge should be a face

Once he was funny... Once he was skinny... Once he was ripped... Once he was VERY cruiserweight-like in ring ability. Edge had it all an did a lot in the business. From E&C all the way to the many 'reek of awesomeness' matches that he would later have with The Hardys an The Dudley Boys. He always had the potential, and lets face it!! He has done everything there pretty much to do in a heel role. Its time for him to further explore the face role which I believe he has not really done a lot in.

Y2J! I loved how his voice sounded. I was always like OH YES! He sounds like a rockstar baby. ;D He got people to hate him, and created some very remembrel moments! For me it was his WWF debut since I was there in attendance. "What is my name bitch?!" He also gave Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson a run for his money as far as mic skills are concerned. He was the king of snarky comments, and made the word ASSCLOWN a common word in my house hold. xD

Randy Orton is just a doll.. I remember when he debuted in his blue tights an came out to some jobber music.. XD I wanted to type more but I have to go! You guys know his heel career. =/

Toss some of those guys to Smackdown or Raw an you have yourself some great star power. I want to see John Cena on Smackdown! again.

That was Scotty 2 Hotty that teamed with A-Train.

You're thinking of B-2 (Bul Buchanan). He also teamed shortly with Rodney Mack

IrkenInvader
10-02-2010, 07:35 PM
That does sound awesome. Orton is acting like a heel, but gets cheered because they put him up against heels. Have him fight faces again. His RKO is perfect for a heel, he can reverse a move and BAM! RKO outta no where, great way to have Orton win but not bury the face.

Bodom
10-02-2010, 07:38 PM
That does sound awesome. Orton is acting like a heel, but gets cheered because they put him up against heels. Have him fight faces again. His RKO is perfect for a heel, he can reverse a move and BAM! RKO outta no where, great way to have Orton win but not bury the face.

Truth. Nothing about Orton has changed. He's still the exact same character. Which is what's so great about his face character. They kept everything that made Orton great. Not like Kennedy where they ripped his balls off

NightWolf
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Nexus is played out.

HHH should be a heel

Edge should be a face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzisp_-IsNE/video

Bodom
10-02-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzisp_-IsNE/video

Christ was A-Train underutilized back then. Thank goodness he's tearing up Japan as Giant Bernard

Robstar
10-02-2010, 08:22 PM

The RKO out of nowhere is on the same level as CenaMan Mode - it's just too hard to cop sometimes. Also, this is a move that is easy to oversell (as is The Pedigree) - some victims of the RKO jump to freakish heights to help the sell and it just seems like so much crap to me. Sorry, IMO of course. Not all moves can be as easily sold as say, a Stunner

NightWolf
10-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Christ was A-Train underutilized back then. Thank goodness he's tearing up Japan as Giant Bernard

I know right? I am really happy for the guy. On my HCTP video game I had A-train win all of the RAW belts, and I have the dudes overall to its maximum level.

Scottland
10-03-2010, 02:45 AM

Orton has gone against faces such as John Cena very recently & Orton was clearly the favorite among the fans. Truth be told, it doesn't matter anymore who Orton faces because he's is now officially an anti-hero type. The fans are going to cheer him on from here on out. The days of Orton getting booed are gone (rightfully so) & it's great to see arguably the best talent in the WWE getting the treatment of becoming the "it" guy in which Orton should have been awhile ago.

AGEOFFALL
10-03-2010, 02:46 AM
To me Orton is still a heel.

Scottland
10-03-2010, 02:50 AM
To me Orton is still a heel.

Orton is still a heel in terms of a persona but he is technically a tweener which is basically a heel or anti-hero that's a fan favorite. Hell, The Undertaker is technically that as well.

merhardt03
03-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Hey guys, Came accross a main site news thread about a possible Kofi heel turn. Ive been a fan of his since his debut in WWECW in 2006 I believe. Over the 7 years Kofi has been a fan favorite, other than his 1st couple months on ECW. We've seen Kofi win countless secondary titles & tag titles & have seen him come so close to breaking out as a top star on at least 2 or 3 occasions. Especially his 09 feud against Orton. But since losing IC title to Barrett on New Years Eve Raw, Kofi has dropped to jobber status. One must ask themselves why? Simple, Kofi's face run has gotten too stale. There's nothing left for him to achieve as a face midcarder. A heel turn for Kofi would add new fresh elements to his character. Get buzz going about him online as well from IWC and elsewhere on Twitter and such.Right now WWE needs some new heels, since everyone seems to be turning face with no heel turns. Kofi's got it in him as evidence to his short heel run in ECW. It'll get him into fresh new feuds as well. I for one am hoping to see a heel turn for Kofi to rejuvinate him. What are your thoughts?

rossmiller84
03-22-2013, 07:23 AM
He is like Ryder, Popular with the Kids thus wont turn heel.

Though his work with orton was brilliant, and he is a good worker so desrves to hold a midcard title with the occasional loss to a main eventer.

Steve's Right Peg of Doom
03-22-2013, 07:25 AM
It would be interesting to see how they run with a heel turn for him but for me he just doesn't hold my interest that much and I still can't ever see him with a title higher than the IC or US, he just doesn't scream 'Main Event' for me but it's horses for courses I suppose.

merhardt03
03-22-2013, 08:01 AM
It would be interesting to see how they run with a heel turn for him but for me he just doesn't hold my interest that much and I still can't ever see him with a title higher than the IC or US, he just doesn't scream 'Main Event' for me but it's horses for courses I suppose.

Maybe not even a main event push, but get him back as a solid mid card with something going for him, cuz lately he's been jobbing in squash matches. What happened? I like seeing Kofi in undercard feuds with anyone as long as it's not him jobbing in under 2 minutes. The guy is all around entertaining.

jethro
03-22-2013, 08:04 AM
The turning point will be Kofi turn his back on R Truth,but theres rumor Orton is gonna turn heel too after wrestlemania so it would be too much bad guys in wwe.
For now I will say its about time Kofi become heel.

merhardt03
03-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Or even by turning on Evan Bourne when and if he ever returns.

Greekcian
03-22-2013, 08:31 AM
What's he gonna do though? Barrett and Cesaro are heel so he can't get another mid-card title push. He's not strong enough to be dominant... He'll probably get the: "I'm tired of constantly losing, I'm gonna do whatever I want" treatment, win some matches by having is feet on the ropes and grabbing some tights...
I haven't cared for Kofi since his little feud with Orton and I don't see that changing with a heel turn.

TheJosephBanks
03-22-2013, 10:04 AM
I've read about a few possible heel turns this year. One including Cena going heel at Mania, and beating Rock at ER to retain the title. Orton losing during the 3 on 3, pushing his heel turn, and Kofi turning heel, as they think he is in a position now where he is talented, but can't get over any more without a heel turn and push first.

Kofi turning heel could work, but either Barrett or Cesaro is going to have to drop the title first before he can get a sustained push.

Steve Austin
03-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Forever a midcarder!

ToiletBowl
03-22-2013, 12:12 PM
With them apparently turning Big Show face again (you'd think the guy worked for TNA with his face/heel turns every other year) and Del Rio being face, I think Kofi would make an excellent heel. He could step right into main event level heel if the WWE does it properly. Not at a CM Punk level, but he could definitely position himself above Barrett and easily position himself above Cesaro.

A heel turn would be fantastic for Kofi. It would get him out of the rut he's been in for years. The guy is incredibly talented, so this could work really well.

El T Draino 316
03-22-2013, 01:39 PM
For guys like Ryder, Evan Bourne, and Kofi, the phrase "too popular with the kids to turn to heel" is frustrating to me. Kofi Kingston is NOT nearly impactful enough to WWE revenues to worry about his position as good guy or bad guy. If turning him heel made his character more compelling, that's a bonus for the WWE.

For every new heel they create, thats an opportunity to plug someone else in as a face - and get those 'kids he's too popular with' to love the next bubbly midcarder act they feed us. If Kofi turned heel, they could have Cody Rhodes start 'doing his mustache dance' and taping mustaches onto little kids during his entrance. BAM. Problem solved, plus some.

grave
03-22-2013, 01:58 PM
sounds good, but kofi heel? how? he is been a face so long, and he needs a good heel gimmick otherwise this will not work. truth and kofi both heel in a tag team to face team hell no sounds good to me

Robstar
03-22-2013, 03:45 PM
The best Kofi we have ever had was when he was feuding with Orton and smashed up that car. We need more of that and if he is ever going to be propelled out of the midcard, a heel turn is necessary.

Cabers
03-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Would be fairly cool to see a heel Kofi now i must say! He only had a brief heel run if i remember correctly i am probably wrong!

TomJarvis100
03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Kofi as a heel could:
Fued with R-Truth
Join the Shield
Get new music
Possibly get in a fued for the WHC with a face Ziggler or Bryan later on in the year.
Best thing for him would to be in a stable I think.He never has been in a stable. Also for the shield to survive a long time I think they woill eventually need new members whilst keepig the original 3. Bring in Kofi after Wrestlemania. But any new member needs to be someone who is young and/or hasnt had many opportunities in the past. Possible new members include Drew Mcintyre sand Tyson Kidd (when fit). Wouldnt mind an angle where Ryback turns heel and says if you cant beat em join em and joins the shield.

Peter Kaymakcian
03-22-2013, 05:02 PM
I would love for Kofi to turn into an Edge type of heel, you know being an opportunist. I think it could really work for his finisher. Trouble in Paradise at any second. Plus his promos can be good as shown in his feud with RKO and his promo before Elimination Chamber last year.

merhardt03
03-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Would be fairly cool to see a heel Kofi now i must say! He only had a brief heel run if i remember correctly i am probably wrong!

Yes, u are correct. I mentioned at the beginning of my post that he was a heel briefly at the time of his debut on ECW in 2006.

Duderino
03-26-2013, 06:50 PM
So the shield vs big show, Sheamus and Orton ... Big show is the red herring and Orton is going to turn heel and RKO one of his team so the shield can pick up the win. Will be good stuff, I like it, but.... Imagine our jaws hitting the floor if Sheamus lands a brogue kick to Orton or big show. Is this possible?, are we being led down the wrong road? I'm drunk and thus popped into my head so was wondering what people think?

StraightEDGeSavior
03-26-2013, 07:14 PM
That would be a shocker, but Shameus (as stale as he is) has finally established himself as a top babyface for kids and I feel him turning would be a waste of other potential heel turns (Orton).

While Orton turning heel at WM does seem predictable, I think they should take it a step further and have the heel turn as a result of being behind the shield the entire time. I love the shield how they are right now, but a heel orton is the top guy they need to bring them to main event status (similar to orton and batista coming out of evolution).

CM_SUXX_NOT
03-26-2013, 07:32 PM
There's a possibility that the heel turn won't actually work. Because it seems predictable (to us at least, maybe not the kids), when he does turn on his team he might get a huge pop for doing so, because most of us seem to want it. So if we want it, we'll like it, and we'll cheer it.

Possibly.

Rockstar83
03-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Out of Big show, Sheamus and Orton, what if Sheamus really turned heel... not that I dont mind that Orton could turn heel but Sheamus turning would shock me.

lewism173
03-26-2013, 07:43 PM
what if Ambrose turned face .......yeah that would be the real shocker.....seriously any kinda turn in this is predictable....just turn orton thus putting the shield over and giving orton something new too do

blink
03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
That would be a shocker, but Shameus (as stale as he is) has finally established himself as a top babyface for kids and I feel him turning would be a waste of other potential heel turns (Orton).

While Orton turning heel at WM does seem predictable, I think they should take it a step further and have the heel turn as a result of being behind the shield the entire time. I love the shield how they are right now, but a heel orton is the top guy they need to bring them to main event status (similar to orton and batista coming out of evolution).

If beating cena, ryback, sheamus, orton, jericho, kane and daniel bryan hasnt propelled the shield to main event status in your eyes, then i dont think anything will. The shield, to me, doesnt need a leader. I like the concept of 3 individuals of equal rank working together towards a common goal. This is what seperates them from every other faction before them.

claud3
03-26-2013, 08:33 PM
The WWE is still going to make money off this and Orton being a HEEL is a great move for both him and the WWE

KevGT82
03-26-2013, 08:40 PM
If beating cena, ryback, sheamus, orton, jericho, kane and daniel bryan hasnt propelled the shield to main event status in your eyes, then i dont think anything will. The shield, to me, doesnt need a leader. I like the concept of 3 individuals of equal rank working together towards a common goal. This is what seperates them from every other faction before them.

I agree with this 100% The Shield work just fine as they are. Have Orton turn (if he is going to) and just have him claim he's sick of being the nice guy & wants titles & to dominate the WWE.

claud3
03-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Orton will not go to the SHIELD, the WWE would be making a massive mistake on that front

Marx
03-27-2013, 02:20 AM

Agreed. They don't need a leader.

StraightEDGeSavior
03-27-2013, 02:40 AM

Just because they beat these guys in tag matches does not make them over as main eventers. All those guys you named are out there every week trading wins with eachother so don't tell me that clarifies them as main eventers (even though they have yet to actually main event a ppv).

Nearly half of the people who watch mania only watch mania (for example when i order it i get about 7 friends to come over who haven't watched it since last years mania) and I'm saying this from a subjective perspective that both orton and the shield could benefit in the long run together. It gives randy something to do finally and gives at least one of them an eventual championship. You can't just book the shield winning all these tag matches then expect one to draw main event PPV title belt money.

But I can see no1 agrees..so yeah

Duderino
03-27-2013, 04:49 AM
I do not remember starting this thread

Akshat
03-27-2013, 04:50 AM
I Agree mate.... It Would be Great if Randy Is Revealed As the Leader Of Sheild.. I Know Most of the peeps will Dis Agree saying that it Will Take Focus Off the Three New Guys.. But It May Go Other Way Round.. It May Work Wonders for Sheild and Randy Both..... Would Personally like to see that Happening..

Akshat
03-27-2013, 04:50 AM
Just because they beat these guys in tag matches does not make them over as main eventers. All those guys you named are out there every week trading wins with eachother so don't tell me that clarifies them as main eventers (even though they have yet to actually main event a ppv).

Nearly half of the people who watch mania only watch mania (for example when i order it i get about 7 friends to come over who haven't watched it since last years mania) and I'm saying this from a subjective perspective that both orton and the shield could benefit in the long run together. It gives randy something to do finally and gives at least one of them an eventual championship. You can't just book the shield winning all these tag matches then expect one to draw main event PPV title belt money.

But I can see no1 agrees..so yeah

I Agree mate.... It Would be Great if Randy Is Revealed As the Leader Of Sheild.. I Know Most of the peeps will Dis Agree saying that it Will Take Focus Off the Three New Guys.. But It May Go Other Way Round.. It May Work Wonders for Sheild and Randy Both..... Would Personally like to see that Happening..

JayD
03-27-2013, 08:03 AM
If someone turns heel, is it necessary for them to be apart of the Shield? If Ortor turns heel can he not just do it to start a feud between himself and seamus?

Jack Newport
03-27-2013, 08:15 AM
I predict Orton AND Cena doing dat double turn.

Regal>Cena
03-27-2013, 08:26 AM
I'd like to see Orton turn heel, give The Shield the win after he RKO's Sheamus or Big Show, only to have The Shield still beat him down afterwards anyway. Him turning heel doesn't have to result him joining the Shield - the whole Shield angle has been well booked until now, I don't see why that has to change.

marooned
03-27-2013, 09:01 AM
I don't about ORton but I think E is going to build Ryback as a main event guy and then put him against cena in the main event of wrestle-mania 30 next year and that is the day when cena will turn heel...Cena is hogan and Ryback is Goldberg

Duderino
03-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Yeah I don't see why Orton needs to be leader of the shield if he turns, I like them as they are. Orton can align with them for a while, but should be kept separate overal.

DK Wrestling Savior
03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
I think it's funny how everyone is saying "WHEN" he turns heel at WM. How about..."IF" he turns heel at WM? People buy into the bogus reports that fly around these websites way too much.

03-27-2013, 09:43 AM
I think it's funny how everyone is saying "WHEN" he turns heel at WM. How about..."IF" he turns heel at WM? People buy into the bogus reports that fly around these websites way too much.

I'll have you know Ryan Clarke takes his time over selecting which reports from other sites he'll copy and paste to here. ;)

Duderino
03-27-2013, 10:50 AM

True which is why It came into my head that we may be being led down the wrong road, in my drunken stupor. I mean, it would be nice to think that they have there big main events with there mega stars in which we all know what is going to happen but the kiddies don't, and that with the undercard they have some fun and play with the iwc's expectations a bit. I looking forward to this match and Jericho/fandango as I'm intrigued about what they are going to do.

ToiletBowl
03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
This. A new "leader" would ruin the Shield.

ToiletBowl
03-27-2013, 11:09 AM
They could easily do a storyline where Orton is beaten, hits an RKO out of no where, but Sheamus hits a blind tag, comes in brogue kicks the stammering shield member and gets the pin. This pisses Orton off and the next night on RAW, during their promo when they talk about beating the Shield, Orton RKO's Sheamus and boom, heel turn.

Cabers
03-27-2013, 12:54 PM
So the shield vs big show, Sheamus and Orton ... Big show is the red herring and Orton is going to turn heel and RKO one of his team so the shield can pick up the win. Will be good stuff, I like it, but.... Imagine our jaws hitting the floor if Sheamus lands a brogue kick to Orton or big show. Is this possible?, are we being led down the wrong road? I'm drunk and thus popped into my head so was wondering what people think?

Just to piss Orton off Vince could turn Sheamus instead would be ultimate troll move!

PandaMassacre
03-27-2013, 01:09 PM
I will go for a heel Randy Orton any day of the week. His stuff with Triple H was great stuff that I actually found entertaining. Whenever Randy speaks I just never get that babyface vibe from him. He talks as if you are supposed to hate him. It is probably that monotone voice of his that is throwing me off. >xD

DK Wrestling Savior
03-29-2013, 02:54 PM
I'll have you know Ryan Clarke takes his time over selecting which reports from other sites he'll copy and paste to here. ;)

If Ryan Clarke takes his time over selecting the content for this website, then explain the Paul Heyman interview w/ Philly.com. He mentions Rock/Lesnar and other stuff, yet no mention of the Rock at all.

Darkside Ron Garvin
03-29-2013, 03:03 PM
If Ryan Clarke takes his time over selecting the content for this website, then explain the Paul Heyman interview w/ Philly.com. He mentions Rock/Lesnar and other stuff, yet no mention of the Rock at all.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1357165/confused-o.gif

thedag
03-29-2013, 06:20 PM

Steve's Right Peg was telling a very well done joke.

Brian Cice
04-02-2013, 01:10 AM
I think if the WWE really wanted to make WM memorable take a page from the past and do something that is rarely seen nowadays. A double turn. And I know exactly how to do it. Let's say we choose Randy as the heel turner. He RKOs Big Show and the rest of shield attack Sheamus. The Shield go to triple powerbomb him but suddenly, Seth Rollins kicks Reigns in the groin, turning him face. Rollins, Show and Sheamus slug it out against Orton, Reigns, and Amrbose ending the match.

Iron Ape
04-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Just to piss Orton off Vince could turn Sheamus instead would be ultimate troll move!
Yes! And have Cole start putting Sheamus over as The Copperhead.

jelle1809
04-29-2013, 02:40 PM
I recently read an article about WWE actually lacking face superstars (beyond the usual John Cena, Randy Orton & Kofi Kingston) compared to their oversized heel equivalent, where most of those stars are lost in the mix of an oversized talentfull but misused roster.

My question is which superstar do you think could benefit most from a face turn? Don't just say a star, add up why you think it can help a current superstar lost in the mix as a heel.

As for my guess. Completely out of the box I know, but I'd pick Damien Sandow.

I think he could become a great superstar for the younger fans. Imagine Sandow coming out starting to act that he wants to educate the childs in the crowd. He could become a better merch seller, which will add up in WWE's financial results (what Vince will like.) Plus he will be able to help put over the heels in exchange.

DK Wrestling Savior
04-29-2013, 02:55 PM
where most of those stars are lost in the mix of an oversized talentfull but misused roster.

Misuse of talent is something that always gets tossed around. So I'm curious, who is being misused in your eyes?

Cynicism
04-29-2013, 03:00 PM
I think one of the guys in your signature would be a great face but I'm not chomping at the bit for them to break up the SHIELD just yet. I think Rollins will become someone the crowd can get behind some day.

I think Cody Rhodes needs a face turn rather than Damien though, and I thought they were toying with one when he was showing charity towards Kaitlyn, I mean attraction to the untallented diva's champion........ basically I thought they were going to turn him by having him save her from the Bellas and Damien and I could kind of see it working. Also would hopefully keep Kaitlyn out of the ring for a while

Marx
04-29-2013, 03:00 PM
He's great as he is.. but I think Dolph Ziggler could be a great face. He won't want to I think, and he won't be better than as a heel, but it could be better for WWE.

Daniel Bryan could do it to, in his current wacky way. Could be the next Mankind.

jledwig
04-29-2013, 03:09 PM
I recently read an article about WWE actually lacking face superstars (beyond the usual John Cena, Randy Orton & Kofi Kingston) compared to their oversized heel equivalent, where most of those stars are lost in the mix of an oversized talentfull but misused roster.

My question is which superstar do you think could benefit most from a face turn? Don't just say a star, add up why you think it can help a current superstar lost in the mix as a heel.

As for my guess. Completely out of the box I know, but I'd pick Damien Sandow.

I think he could become a great superstar for the younger fans. Imagine Sandow coming out starting to act that he wants to educate the childs in the crowd. He could become a better merch seller, which will add up in WWE's financial results (what Vince will like.) Plus he will be able to help put over the heels in exchange.

Dolph Ziggler,

I would love to see Ziggler go full face. I think if done right they can really make a lot of money off of him and his merchandise. I would say one day having him turn on Langston and AJ Lee. I think Ziggler should give the zig zag to Langston and walk out on AJ Lee. Only then to later announce that he doesn't need them followers. He would then go on to say he doesn't need Langston and AJ Lee to be the best, as long as the WWE Universe supports him he will destroy anybody and everybody that gets in his way.

magglis
04-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Dean Ambrose i just don't find him that much interesting so far(as a heel).

jelle1809
04-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Misuse of talent is something that always gets tossed around. So I'm curious, who is being misused in your eyes?
Guys like Hunico, Tyson Kidd, Cody Rhodes, Michael (Hennig) McGillicuty, Wade Barrett, etc...

#BITW
04-29-2013, 04:32 PM
daniel bryan

TheFugitive
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
They shouldn't turn Dolph. Let him be the heel he built himself up to be. They do need better faces. It's Cena and a couple guys who are weaker versions of Cena. Orton shouldn't be a face. It's time to let Daniel Bryan go on a big solo run. That would help. As far as turning a guy, why not Swagger? I'm not buying into Jack Swagger's America being a heel force to take seriously and he could get lost in the shuffle real quick. Slowly turn it into a comedy show with him, Zeb and some ridiculousness. If that doesn't work, then go all in on an "All American Stoner" character. It's time, WWE!

ToiletBowl
04-29-2013, 11:46 PM
I have always thought Dolph Ziggler needed to turn face. He can be very similar to how he is now, only as a face, he can actually win matches on his own. He would be a "cool" face for kids to get behind. Just as long as he doesnt over do it (like the Miz).

AWrestlingGod
04-29-2013, 11:49 PM
Fandango.

And I love Swagger as a heel, but for some reason I think he would make a great face. Or just turn Ryback back into a face. Can't think of anyone else right now.

PSOjedi
04-30-2013, 05:38 AM
which superstar do you think could benefit most from a face turn?
Face turn OK, but if it's just a face turn with nothing with, it's 100% useless.

The only guy I have in mind at this time is Drew McIntyre. Drew has paid enough and it's now time for him to be pushed like he deserves. A new push, a new attitude, could be good for him. Drew was solid as a heel when he started on SD.

Also, there is so much talented superstars in the locker room who are already face, that perhaps if WWE push them, it would be enough.

Kilborn
04-30-2013, 05:41 AM
The comparison to Mr. Perfect Curt Henning and Dolph Ziggler are many. Does anyone remember when Mr. Perfect turned face against Ric Flair? Mr. Perfect didn't change his gimmick or his attitude. He just changed who he wrestled. I think Dolph would be better with a different finisher. He can be a face and still be the show-off.

PSOjedi
04-30-2013, 05:52 AM
I really hope Dolph Ziggler will not turn face anytime soon. We haven't seen actually all what he can do as a heel. Someone here said that he should take Edge's gimmick and yes, I think he would be perfect in that. Dolph Ziggler, the new ultimate opportunist ^^

ToiletBowl
04-30-2013, 09:56 AM
The comparison to Mr. Perfect Curt Henning and Dolph Ziggler are many. Does anyone remember when Mr. Perfect turned face against Ric Flair? Mr. Perfect didn't change his gimmick or his attitude. He just changed who he wrestled. I think Dolph would be better with a different finisher. He can be a face and still be the show-off.
Ziggler accepts moves like Henning, but he's more like a Billy Gunn to me. Henning was one of the best in-ring technicians of his time. Ziggler is not (yet).

Taneel
04-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Once the Shield splits, Rollins will definitely be a great face. With his current gimmick, Heath Slater would be a great midcard face and he could replace Kofi, who should either turn heel or move upwards in the hierarchy. Ryback's heel turn was a wrong move, but turning him back to face soon would be even worse. Miz's face turn had the potential to be a huge thing, but WWE screwed up there.

Peter Kaymakcian
05-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Cody Rhodes should turn face and create a face power couple with Kaitlyn and feud with Ziggler's group.

lewism173
05-07-2013, 03:37 PM
With all the talk of Heel turns and Face turns ( it never stops anyway) I think everyone forgot how much better Sheamus is as a heel than as face. Sheamus was a bad ass as a heel, as a babyface he is okay but he just doesn't reach the same levels IMO. Check out my video on it, Gives a much better view on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBR2kmMyZOQ

So......Should Sheamus turn heel ?

Steve Austin
05-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Orton's is way longer overdue, they would both probably benefit from one.

Mr. Ziggles
05-07-2013, 03:50 PM
For him personally yes, but for the company no, they are over saturated with heels ATM.

ewantu2
05-07-2013, 04:13 PM
No no no no no no no

Brian Cice
05-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Maybe some time down the road yeah but for right now, I think Sheamus is a great face. He's one of the rare breed of wrestlers that arre capable of being good on either ends of the spectrum. And the WWE needs more like that.

Soul Armour
05-07-2013, 04:19 PM
As much as Sheamus as a face doesn't really do it for me, I think he appeals to the younger crowd, with the big red hair, corny jokes and the like, and as much as I don't like it, there is a place for those guys whom the kiddies enjoy.
Also, when Sheamus was a heel a few years back (i think he wrestled HHH at Wrestlemania if my memory serves me) he was brutal. I'm sure he would do better now, but he seemed total inept at going over as a heel.

TTC
05-07-2013, 05:41 PM
I say Randy needs the heel turn more. Sheamus is doing great as a face, so he shouldn't turn just yet.

Robstar
05-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Sheamus was a born face IMO. He's like a redheaded Cena.

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Sheamus is fine just the way he is. He just needs a new theme. Every time he comes out I think of Limes and Lobster heads.

ItswrestlingIwantblood
05-07-2013, 06:21 PM
I like Sheamus as a heel better but Orton needs one far worse.

Sicksnuff17
05-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Kofi Kingston does ...

Kajmere
05-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Sheamus is awesome as a face. I don't want another heel Orton bc it'll come with a huge push and I really am sick of him as it is.

little.Jimmy
05-08-2013, 08:19 AM
sheamus will never turn heel he has a chnce of beating cena for the belt (only if he hits like 10 finishers tho)

Tommy Thunder
05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
WWE is already thin on the ground for over faces, especially at the top of the card. Sheamus is one of the few they have. With that in mind, there's no need whatsoever to turn him heel.
Also, I like Sheamus as a face. I think he plays a decent face and heel, so I don't think turning him at this point in time has any great value.

scribblerking
05-08-2013, 11:38 AM
I agree Sheamus was perhaps more interesting as a heel when he first came in but works better in general practice as a face...like many he seems stale and stagnant as a character because of the lack of quality storylines he has been involved in lately...come on how many times have we said a superstar is only as interesting and relevant as the opponent he/she is facing? Sheamus needs to feud with someone new that we would never see coming...does not matter the reason or rhyme just someone different...maybe a Cody Rhodes or Antonio Cesaro to name a few...

Cabers
05-08-2013, 01:14 PM
To many heels atm so no.

Mad Bill
05-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Other than Cena, Sheamus is one of those guys with a tattooed smile. He'd be a good choice to turn heel as he's not the obvious one like Randy Orton who is seemingly stuck in time his poses.

Best,
MB

5 Finger Death Punch
05-08-2013, 08:20 PM
WOW...I disappear for awhile and come back and everyone agree with me. I have said and always thought Sheamus to be a better HEEL! He can be funny and a heel...kinda like Stone Cold and Rock did...kinda a bully sarcastic heel!!!

Kajmere
05-08-2013, 09:27 PM
^^^
Um, did you not read all the posts?

PSOjedi
05-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Main event scene if Sheamus turns heel

Face
ADR
Cena
Kane
Bryan

Heels
Swagger
Ziggler
Henry
Show
Punk
Ryback
Orton (heel turn rumored)
Sheamus

8 heels vs 4 faces

Too many heels, so Sheamus is not going to turn heel anytime soon

FLWWEFan
05-10-2013, 04:10 AM
No way. If anyone is in dire need of a heel turn is Orton. He's going nowhere as a face right now, not to mention his Viper persona fits the mold of a heel not a face. Plus a heel turn from Orton might just bring back the punt kick!

Sheamus is too over right now with the kids and many other fans.

B-MCINTYRE
05-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Sheamus doesn't need a heel turn... But if Orton punts him in the head and brings out the fire in him... Boom orton is his vicious heel. Him at him best. And Sheamus gets to be the edgy face who wants revenge.

Tommy Thunder
05-10-2013, 06:41 AM
As already stated, the only person I'd turn heel right now is Orton, but only because he's in dire need of it.

I think however that WWE will be putting that turn off for a while yet so that Orton can put Ziggler over, since I can see an Orton vs Ziggler feud ensuing throughout the summer.

Clay_Allison
05-12-2013, 04:05 AM
The WWE is always heel heavy, but since Ryback has turned heel, the only big guys who are currently faces are Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Kane. (Tons of Funk do NOT count, nor does the Awful Khali)

Ryback, Henry, Big Show, Sandow, Barrett, Cesaro, Reigns, and Langston (McIntyre doesn't count for the same reason Brodus and Tensai don't count).

Add to that the fact that Orton probably needs to turn heel to face Cena at Summer Slam (because the promotion needs a big name matchup between two totally over full time stars for the second biggest PPV of the year).

I mentioned in another post that I see Wade Barrett as a more natural face. He has a sense of humor and his background as a bareknuckle fighter is really easy for the crowd to get behind and have respect for. He's not a coward or a cheater, he's a tough guy with the heard of a British Lion. That's a really easy angle to sell and he really hasn't done a lot of bad things to earn heat.

On the other hand, Big E Langston is a heel in WWE but he's a face in NXT (because he's billed from Tampa, FL) though he's basically RyBlack and I think he would have a hard time getting over as a new version of a guy that is about to be buried by John Cena.

Big Show has spent more time in his career as a face, and he's really a more natural face because everyone knows he's a great guy in real life, but he's 40 and continuing to use him just holds back younger talent. Also the big man can only take so much more before his body breaks down. I want to see Big Show as a big, intimidating GM who enforces his rulings with a KO Punch whenever his authority is questioned. Beating Booker T in a match with the GM title on the line would be a pretty cool way to do that, since there has been a lot of storyline friction between the two of them.

Mark Henry is also old and he should never have been brought back after his contract expired following Wrestlemania, having Ryback lose to him and then giving him more time in the spotlight with so many better heel options was an awful decision. He's alright at playing his character, but in the ring he's worse than anyone on the roster except Khali.

Antonio Cesaro is probably the most talented guy in this group except Orton but he really wouldn't feel natural as a face. His recent backstage attack on Kingston was great and they need to run with it. I think he has what it takes to be a Super Heel on the level of the Iron Sheik. They just need to let him go and have him be evil as hell in and out of the ring. That's the kind of vicious over the top heel that WWE desperately needs and I wouldn't screw that up with a face turn. Similarly I can't see how you turn Damien Sandow's Nick Bockwinkel gimmick into anything but a classic heel persona.

To wrap it up, the Shield should stay together as a great heel team until after Wrestlemania 30 so Roman Reigns will remain a heel and a Yo-Yo face turn for Ryback will be even more damaging to him than his booking over the last 8 months.

So who would you pick to represent the faces in terms of physical might?

PSOjedi
05-12-2013, 04:08 AM
For me it will be Big E Langston as I believe he is the Kaitlyn's secret lover, and will probably be protect her from AJ very soon.

walldo 3:16
05-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Would like to see bryan go on a dark heel turn

Asherdelampyr
05-12-2013, 09:19 AM
wow, really well written OP

to the question at hand, I have always personally been a fan of Big Show as a face, just because it's obvious that the guy loves it, though to your point, he can't have too many matches left.

I like Wade as a face, so I will vote that way

AssassinBlade
05-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Instead of more faces in the WWE, it is in need for more heels that can dominant Raw and Smack-Down. If WWE is to turn a superstar face it should be Big E. Langston. He is in need for a solid rivalry in which he could start one with Dolph Ziggler (WHC), Big Show, or Ryback.

AssassinBlade
05-12-2013, 12:10 PM
For me it will be Big E Langston as I believe he is the Kaitlyn's secret lover, and will probably be protect her from AJ very soon.

The Bella's are probably Kaitlyn secret admirer. If Big E. Langston was to turn face, it will be Dolph Ziggler bossing him around and being his bodyguard. This can ignite a feud between the two and hopefully a great rivalry.

FLWWEFan
05-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Big E I would say. If anyone watches NXT online, he basically plays a face on NXT or a tweener. But he gets one helluva crowd reaction when he comes out and everyone chants "FIVE" for his 5 count ala King Kong Bundy and he plays off of it really well. Something in the making perhaps.

PSOjedi
05-12-2013, 02:29 PM
The Bella's are probably Kaitlyn secret admirer.
What makes you think that ?

Cabers
05-12-2013, 03:03 PM

That's what i am guessing as well.

ItswrestlingIwantblood
05-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't really regard Orton or Barrett as big men. With that being said I do expect to see Big E be a face in a few months. Mark Henry is a horrible face so I hope he remains heel as he is one of my absolute favorites at the moment. I also couldn't really care less about Big Show as he has just bored me to death no matter what he does the last couple of years. So I guess I wouldn't mind if he became face either. I also don't care much for Ryback either way either. I hope the rest remain heel.

Clay_Allison
05-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Langston on NXT acts like a heel but he gets huge pop from the crowd because he's from Tampa. I think it's entirely a home town thing.

Something about all of these heels is that so few of them actually do any really vicious stuff as heels. The WWE needs to decide who the heels are and have them start acting like heels. Right now only Mark Henry and the Shield are attacking people outside the ring, before and after the bell, etc.

scribblerking
05-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Just did a quick (really quick) poll of the Superstars listed in WWE.com roster...excluded Divas and the ladies for while we love them they are going nowhere as of late in the WWE...included announcers and everyone listed there even those we have not seen for a long time...admittedly there are some there we are not really sure about these days (ex. JBL or William Regal) but overall there seems to be more faces than heels by my estimation...ok it is a crude sampling but interesting...by my count there are some 41 faces and 31 heels...this is mostly because I tended to mark the announcers/interviewers under face...

el gabo
05-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Mark Henry has been an awesome heel, probably my favorite in quite a while. He should NOT turn face. He has been a consistently dominant heel, something WWE lacks.

Plus, he has a strap match at Extreme Rules. When's the last time we've seen a strap match? Can't wait to see him and Sheamus beat the shit out of each other.

ToiletBowl
05-13-2013, 12:17 PM
The WWE is always heel heavy, but since Ryback has turned heel, the only big guys who are currently faces are Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Kane. (Tons of Funk do NOT count, nor does the Awful Khali)

Ryback, Henry, Big Show, Sandow, Barrett, Cesaro, Reigns, and Langston (McIntyre doesn't count for the same reason Brodus and Tensai don't count).

Add to that the fact that Orton probably needs to turn heel to face Cena at Summer Slam (because the promotion needs a big name matchup between two totally over full time stars for the second biggest PPV of the year).

I mentioned in another post that I see Wade Barrett as a more natural face. He has a sense of humor and his background as a bareknuckle fighter is really easy for the crowd to get behind and have respect for. He's not a coward or a cheater, he's a tough guy with the heard of a British Lion. That's a really easy angle to sell and he really hasn't done a lot of bad things to earn heat.

On the other hand, Big E Langston is a heel in WWE but he's a face in NXT (because he's billed from Tampa, FL) though he's basically RyBlack and I think he would have a hard time getting over as a new version of a guy that is about to be buried by John Cena.

Big Show has spent more time in his career as a face, and he's really a more natural face because everyone knows he's a great guy in real life, but he's 40 and continuing to use him just holds back younger talent. Also the big man can only take so much more before his body breaks down. I want to see Big Show as a big, intimidating GM who enforces his rulings with a KO Punch whenever his authority is questioned. Beating Booker T in a match with the GM title on the line would be a pretty cool way to do that, since there has been a lot of storyline friction between the two of them.

Mark Henry is also old and he should never have been brought back after his contract expired following Wrestlemania, having Ryback lose to him and then giving him more time in the spotlight with so many better heel options was an awful decision. He's alright at playing his character, but in the ring he's worse than anyone on the roster except Khali.

Antonio Cesaro is probably the most talented guy in this group except Orton but he really wouldn't feel natural as a face. His recent backstage attack on Kingston was great and they need to run with it. I think he has what it takes to be a Super Heel on the level of the Iron Sheik. They just need to let him go and have him be evil as hell in and out of the ring. That's the kind of vicious over the top heel that WWE desperately needs and I wouldn't screw that up with a face turn. Similarly I can't see how you turn Damien Sandow's Nick Bockwinkel gimmick into anything but a classic heel persona.

To wrap it up, the Shield should stay together as a great heel team until after Wrestlemania 30 so Roman Reigns will remain a heel and a Yo-Yo face turn for Ryback will be even more damaging to him than his booking over the last 8 months.

So who would you pick to represent the faces in terms of physical might?
All I know is Hooray for your Avatar! I grew up watching World Class.

tupelojoe81
05-13-2013, 12:34 PM
my opinion is Big Show. He is a great ambassador for the WWE and a natural face. Mark Henry and Ryback need to stay heels. Mark Henry is doing an awesome job right now as a heel, IMO. "Doin what he do"

Playboy Stevie V
05-13-2013, 01:24 PM

Wow, good prediction.

imswm
05-13-2013, 03:28 PM
EZ--returning Punk.

AssassinBlade
05-13-2013, 04:42 PM
my opinion is Big Show. He is a great ambassador for the WWE and a natural face. Mark Henry and Ryback need to stay heels. Mark Henry is doing an awesome job right now as a heel, IMO. "Doin what he do"

Big Show is the most logical one because of his sponsors. I agree that he has a lot of face inside of him and it would be great for him to represent WWE when other superstar are not good for the position. Mark Henry is an excellent heel and can be monumental if Ryback turns face again.

Clay_Allison
05-14-2013, 07:14 AM
All I know is Hooray for your Avatar! I grew up watching World Class.
Finally someone recognized Fritz.

bcfccalum
05-15-2013, 04:52 AM

I disagree, absolutely cant stand big show as a face

lewism173
05-21-2013, 03:02 PM
So apart from The obvious Randy Orton and Mark Henry, Who do you think could benefit from a turn. Now this is going away from obvious ones such as Orton or Big show. Personally I feel the wwe has been shaken up quite a bit the last month. So maybe major changes aren't needed, but maybe some major shake ups will add more even more to the show.

Check out my video here to hear some of my possible heel face turns.....what are your ideas ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCS5eyg7rLE

MachoManFan
05-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Without having watched you vid (sorry) I'd say:

The Miz - I'm bored of him as a face when I was always a fan of him as a heel.
The Champ - just to watch the kids and the internet explode!
Zack Ryder - Needs a new gimmick and a heel turn but a heel turn would be a start.
Wade Barrett - I'm sure, in fact I'm certain, he could have a good face run vs Cesaro/Ziggler/Swagger and others.
Daniel Bryan - 4th man in, and mastermind behind, The Shield. Just imagine it!

I'll stop there I think I could justify a turn for everyone on the roster!

lewism173
05-21-2013, 05:15 PM

Zack Ryder - Needs a new gimmick and a heel turn but a heel turn would be a start.
Wade Barrett - I'm sure, in fact I'm certain, he could have a good face run vs Cesaro/Ziggler/Swagger and others.

It's fine man you don't need to just there for people who want to watch it. I'd agree with them, Personally I want to keep Bryan as a face longer same with Miz, Sadly cena won't happen....but the rest are needed

PSOjedi
05-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Heel turn
Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan or Kane

Face Turn
Mark Henry (rumored but it would be a bad idea)
Big E Langston
Wade Barrett

JoenK
05-21-2013, 05:41 PM
They shouldn't turn Mark Henry face. First of all It's not..- what he do. Second he would end up as a goofy Tensai persona as well

Mr Punk
05-21-2013, 07:05 PM
I thought they would of turned Cody Rhodes by having him as Kaitlyn's secret admirer but it might be somebody else. If they had Cody Rhodes as the admirer they could have a couple's feud with AJ and Dolph. Cody Rhodes challenging Ziggler for the WHC would be sick but I don't see it happening.

Other than that I would like to see Kingston as a heel. A Orton turn is a given for me.
I would like to see Hunico come back as a masked face and drop the ghetto gimmick.
As for others I'm not sure but for the moment there is nobody I want to see turn.

TheCityLights
05-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Heel
D-Bry or Kane
Zack Ryder
Naomi
Kofi Kingston

Face
Cody Rhodes

SaberToothTigerz
05-21-2013, 09:28 PM
why are there soo many ppl saying alot of guys are gonna turn heel? give some room for faces too -.-

TheCityLights
05-21-2013, 09:44 PM
it's not that, I just don't see much heels turning face atm, tweener maybe.

But this is where they should bring new talent into play

Akshat
05-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Orton heel turn iz rumored. Kofi needs to turn heel, kane , i would lyk if Christian returns as heel o the man behind sheild nd challenges ziggler making ziggler as face.

Face turns:
Ziggler.
Cody Rhodes.
Mark henry(rumored)

SESAfro
05-22-2013, 12:35 AM
How about Yoshi Tatsu? :D

Dennis
05-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Heel turns:
Orton
Kane
Natalya

Faces turns:
Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
AJ lee
Big E Langston

bcfccalum
05-22-2013, 03:29 AM
Natalya and Kane are two that stick out for me.

Get Natalya away from Khali and Hornswoggle she's way above that

Would love to see Kane get another title run as a monster heel.

Rumored heel turn for Mark Henry which i think is a dreadful idea, we all know his last run turned out

PSOjedi
05-22-2013, 04:05 AM
Rumored heel turn for Mark Henry
:rolleyes:

Sean34curry
05-22-2013, 06:22 AM
With the overload of heels we need some faces. Especially the mid card. I think alot of wrestler would be over if they were faces. Like Heath slater. I loved face heath slater on the first season of nxt. Also Rhodes needs a change. I wanna see Barrett as a face. The crowd loves him. I think a great heel turn and a way to shake up and resurrect the divas division is to push Natalya as a heel. There's no heel divas except the Bella's and they can't really wrestle. Natalya is a great wrestler ad a great heel (in her days with Beth pheonix)

TNA 'The very best'
05-22-2013, 08:34 AM

There has been way to much in their feud for him to ever be the Mastermind behind it and it would be exactly the same as A&E's story line, having a top face heavily involved in a storyline only to turn out to be the leader.

bcfccalum
05-22-2013, 09:38 AM
:rolleyes:

ah thankyou for pointing out my error. Heel Mark Henry is good.

FACE turn for Mark Henry would be terrible.

B-MCINTYRE
05-22-2013, 09:45 AM
How about Yoshi Tatsu? :D
Who dat? He needs to be given a spot to make himself relevant before he turns anything :)

eyehatecena
05-22-2013, 10:49 AM
There has been way to much in their feud for him to ever be the Mastermind behind it and it would be exactly the same as A&E's story line, having a top face heavily involved in a storyline only to turn out to be the leader.
WWE would never steal a WWE idea :D

SESAfro
05-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Who dat? He needs to be given a spot to make himself relevant before he turns anything :)

The turn could be the spot to make himself relevant. Yoshi Tatsu has a moveset where it can be brought up in intensity to make him seem like he's just wants to hurt somebody. What should have been done when he came back from injury a few years back. Bring back that mask and coat. Super aggressive silent Japanese man that just wants to hurt people. I like it.

JoenK
05-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Layla Heel
Daniel Bryan Heel
Cody Rhodes Face
And that's what you get

vandalisor
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Wade barrett Face
kane heel
Orton heel
kofi heel
ziggler and crew face
cody face
the miz heel
natalya heel

mark henry to stay heel
sheamus to heel maybe???

TempestH
05-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Orton heel
Ziggler face
Kane heel
Bryan heel

No one else needs to turn face. Just start using your other faces a bit more often. It feels like apart from Kofi Kingston, non main event faces don't really exist. Guys like Antonio Cesaro, Cody Rhodes or Damien Sandow are stuck jobbing to Sheamus and Orton because WWE won't elevate any faces to THEIR level for them to feud with.

TNA 'The very best'
05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
WWE would never steal a WWE idea :D

WWE would need an idea first for them to steal it, haha

lostgerg
05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
HEEL
Kofi Kingston
The Undertaker
The Miz
Randy Orton

FACE
Dolph Ziggler
Brock Lesnar
Cody Rhodes
John Cena 😐

Dennis
05-22-2013, 02:54 PM
HEEL
Kofi Kingston
The Undertaker
The Miz
Randy Orton

FACE
Dolph Ziggler
Brock Lesnar
Cody Rhodes
John Cena ������
Please explain?

lostgerg
05-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Please explain?

imagine if he was cheered.......

SESAfro
05-22-2013, 03:05 PM
imagine if he was cheered.......

Technically, he is cheered. :3

lostgerg
05-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Technically, he is cheered. :3

i meant cheered by the IWC

scribblerking
05-22-2013, 04:34 PM
I agree with the idea to let Kane turn heel and have a WWE or WHC run but he should do it as Glenn Jacobs after joining Jack Swagger's America...call them THE NEW REVOLUTION

Dennis
05-22-2013, 04:41 PM
i meant cheered by the IWC
Yea, the IWC is a very small portion of the WWE fandom... and there are a ton of members of the IWC who will boo Cena because he's Cena... You can't make your entire program set towards pleasing such a weird and small portion of the population.

Don't worry guys, I'm one of you. ;)

bcfccalum
05-23-2013, 03:42 AM
I agree with the idea to let Kane turn heel and have a WWE or WHC run but he should do it as Glenn Jacobs after joining Jack Swagger's America...call them THE NEW REVOLUTION

Hmm, would be a bit strange after wrestling for 16 years to suddenly turn round and say 'my names not actually Kane, its Glen Jacobs'. If they were ever to do this it should have been much earlier in his career.

Cabers
05-23-2013, 11:02 AM
How about just leave Randy turn heel already i mean he is a great wrestler because he seems to be a bit of dick in real life anyways!

bearkg88
05-30-2013, 02:12 AM
So, as we all know in pro wrestling, turning a wrestler heel or face can really freshen up their characters. It's been used to shock, and it's been used to propel stars to new heights. Looking at the current WWE roster, which 3 heels, and which 3 faces do you think need to be swapped, to liven up their character or breath some fresh air into them.

For switching from face to heel, I'd go with the following.

First, Kofi Kingston. He is an obvious choice. He is good in the ring, and from what I've heard on the mic, could have potential. He is bland as a face though, and is frankly known as a spot monkey. I think a switch to a heel, and more of a rugged wrestling style along with cutting some good promos, could lead to a new and fresh Kofi that a lot of fans will embrace if done right.

Next, I'd go with The Miz. People might disagree with me here, but I feel like the Miz was his best as a heel. Sure he has been a face for a little while now, and he is doing all right, but I think if he turned heel, it would give him a new spin.

and lastly, I am going with Natalya. I am sorry, but the whole schpeel of her being a valet for the great khali just sucks. She is talented, and I think if she snapped and become an uber heel, it would in some ways, remind of me Victoria back when she came to the WWE. I think Natalya, AJ, and a few others from NXt could help revitalize the diva's division.

Now, looking at heels who should turn face.

First is someone I think most would consider an unlikely choice. Antonio Cesaro. Now, I like him, I think he is talented in the ring, but since losing the US title, he hasn't gone anywhere, and hasn't done anything. If they turned him face, and gave him a good feud for us fans to sink our teeth into, I'd be happy.

Shoot now that I think about it, there really aren't many heels who are stale right now. I'm sure others will disagree, so who do you think needs to switch sides?

05-30-2013, 02:30 AM
Miz should never have turned in the first place, he's been awful as a face it just doesn't suit him at all.

I'm not sure how it will go down but I can see Big E turning face, I know many are clamouring for Ziggler to turn face but I don't think they will (at least not in the immediate future). Big E was quite a popular face on NXT, so it would be interesting to see how it would go across on the Main Roster.

I would say turn Sheamus but to be frank I'm bored with him regardless of his alignment.

PSOjedi
05-30-2013, 02:50 AM
Looking at the current WWE roster, which 3 heels, and which 3 faces do you think need to be swapped, to liven up their character or breath some fresh air into them.

Face to Heel
Kofi Kingston, John Cena, Randy Orton

Heel to Face
Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, CM Punk

If I turn Cena heel, I turn Punk face.
for me he is actually the only one who can be the top babyface instead of Cena.
Daniel Bryan also I think but not as Punk

Darkside Ron Garvin
05-30-2013, 03:11 AM
I'm game to play but I am going to avoid the typical answers...

Heel to Face

1. Wade Barrett - I like the guy in the role he plays, but they had a chance to turn him when coming back from injury. I would have liked to see what he could do as a fan favorite and think that the European crowds could have helped get him over in that role like they helped (to a lesser extent) with Magnus in TNA.

2. Titus O’Neil - The tag division would miss the Millions of Tussin filled warshrags, but I wouldn't mind seeing if Titus could be what the WWE was hoping for with Big Zeek. He doesn't have the stick down pat yet, but every time I see this cat I think of Terry Crews and that guy always seems like someone I wouldn't mind drinking a few beers with.

3. Roman Reigns - The most obvious on the list but there is marketing potential from this guy if he is able to transition well. He has the look of a main eventer but is still an unproven talent (for me) as he is very new to WWE programming as a whole. Give him the turn and see if he can transition well in his young career. If he does, the WWE has the potential for a new face of the company. If not, he still has time for him to return to the Darkside a bit longer to develop his character.

Face to Heel

1. Evan Bourne - I loved the Matt Sydal character from his days in WSX. The guy plays a solid, cocky heel and backs it up with his ability to do things others on the main roster (PAC is still in developmental) couldn't even accomplish in the WWE '13 video game. Give him a valet (Aksana) and he is good to go.

2. R-Truth - I want this for one reason; I want to see R-Truth give a scissor kid (spin and all) to little Jimmy. After this moment, I could care less what happens to it, but that would go down in history as one of the best moments on RAW.

3. Ricardo Rodriguez - I don't think it would ever be possible for such a loving face to be hated, so naturally I am curious to see if he is talented enough to pull it off. Even when Del Rio was a heel, no one hated Ricardo. If he was successful in the transition, he'd be the most hated manager in the current era of WWE history.