PDA

View Full Version : Who should get released next?

AndyWonder
01-25-2011, 08:44 AM
I really hope WWE releases these people this year:
Chavo Guerrero
Tyler Reks
Primo
The Great Khali
Mark Henry
Curt Hawkins
Kane

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-25-2011, 08:49 AM
On that list? Primo, Reks, and Hawkins are probably the most likely. Out of the rest I don't see them going anywhere. Chavo will never get endeavor'd. WWE likes big guys too much. I'd like to see more of Reks, Khaliflower will probably return at the Rumble *SADFACE*, and Mark Henry and Kane aren't going anywhere unless they want to.

Probably: Some of the lower tier Divas (I don't bother to know their names), JTG, the rest of the NXT rejects (Watson, Young), and I wouldn't be surprised to see Melina go from what we hear about her in the news.

vbirwin
01-25-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't see any of the big guys going. Kane has been around long enough and is respected enough that he will be able to retire on his own terms. Henry is likely in that same boat. Khali will always be a terrible wrestler but he is such a mega star in India that I doubt Vince will cut him as long as he can still walk to the ring just because of the international exposure. Plus Khali is always good to elevate others by dropping a match. But I think almost every smaller guy and Diva not in an angle is fair game. As are any NXT guys not already on the main roster and getting pushed.

Iron Ape
01-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Chavo Guerrero
Tyler Reks
Primo
The Great Khali
Mark Henry
Curt Hawkins
Kane
Why on earth would you "hope" to see people lose their jobs?

HeelTurn
01-25-2011, 11:35 AM

Agreed, there are some on the roster that I dont really see going anywhere or have no interest in, but to say I want them to be fired is a bit far.

Lowki
01-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Chavo Guerrero
Tyler Reks
Primo
The Great Khali
Mark Henry
Curt Hawkins
Kane

Mark Henry is going to be around for years. Someone is high on Mark Henry for him to have such an unnotable career but still be pushed time and time again. Someone high up likes him. Kane, not happening. He just came out of a world title run and got put over the undertaker. Kane is really good at elevating people and isn't really selfish for title runs at all.
Khali does HUGE business in India so i can't see them letting him go either. Chavo won't go as he's got a good future as a trainer, plus he's been shit on ever since he signed for them and hasn't really complained once! He will have a dean malenko type role when he retires.

Primo/Reks/Hawkins will probably go though.
Personally, i see the 3 mentioned going plus Trent Barretta. Also a strong possibility of going (that are actual members of WWE and not still mainly FCW- Season 2 and 3 rookies); Tarver, Ryder, Bellas, Tamina, Mercury, JTG, Rosa, Hornswoggle.
Slater, Harris, McGillicuty are probably the favorites to go from the nexus groups as they are easily the least important.

Adam Bomb II
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
On that list? Primo, Reks, and Hawkins are probably the most likely. Out of the rest I don't see them going anywhere. Chavo will never get endeavor'd. WWE likes big guys too much. I'd like to see more of Reks, Khaliflower will probably return at the Rumble *SADFACE*, and Mark Henry and Kane aren't going anywhere unless they want to.

Probably: Some of the lower tier Divas (I don't bother to know their names), JTG, the rest of the NXT rejects (Watson, Young), and I wouldn't be surprised to see Melina go from what we hear about her in the news.

Dear god NOT PERCY!!!

And nobody else for that matter. I really hope that the rumors of potential cuts is a fart in a hurricane - the roster right now is either established stars or young guys full of potential, so I cant see who is expendable.

Iron Ape
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Agreed, there are some on the roster that I dont really see going anywhere or have no interest in, but to say I want them to be fired is a bit far.
Yeah, the OP harboring such ill will towards people that he doesn't even know on a personal level is just so incredibly small and petty. I really don't see what there is to be gained from that kind mentality.

mrbluto
01-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Chavo Guerrero
Primo
The Great Khali
Mark Henry
Curt Hawkins
Hornswoggle
Bella Twins
Golddust

Iron Ape
01-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Goldust did some of the absolute best in-ring work of his entire career in 2010. It would be a damn shame if WWE were to get rid of such an invaluable asset.

Nexus4Life
01-25-2011, 01:46 PM
it'll be interesting for sure, Hornswoggle should've gone along time ago!

SilverGhost
01-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Goldust is a no.

He won't get released. I wanna see him with either IC or US belts.

Adam Bomb II
01-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Goldust is a no.

He won't get released. I wanna see him with either IC or US belts.

I have to agree 110 % on this. He is one of the best in ring performers in WWE at the moment imo, and he cuts a promo like its nobodys business. Let's see some GOLD 'round Goldust waist in 2011!!

Tommy Thunder
01-25-2011, 03:08 PM

Agreed, and especially guys with the talent of Chavo, Primo, Hawkins, and Reks.

Necroyeti
01-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Golddust
http://i.imgur.com/JmF6O.gif

Adam Bomb II
01-25-2011, 03:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JmF6O.gif

One of the very few times I have laughed so much watching RAW. That was genius, plain and simple.

SgtGohan
01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
indeed i laughed my ass of when i saw that

HeelTurn
01-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Goldust has worked his ass off to make himself releveant again, he should be rewarded not released.

The Brown One
01-25-2011, 05:32 PM
*As much as I hate to say it..if Reks is stopped being given time on Superstars, then he won't have a job. He was being pushed as a monster heel, until Zeke joined Smackdown, and beat him in a squash match. Not a good move by WWE.

*Primo might go, because they don't have anything for him.

*Goldust won't go, because hes just too valuable to WWE.

*Darren Young, if they don't find anything for him before "spring cleaning".

*Unfortunately, Zac Ryder, for the same reason as Young.

*The Bellas, since the guest host thing isn't around anymore.

*Curt Hawkins, see Young.

*Rosa Mendez.

red-fishy
01-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Rosa Mandes for sure

alexrules01
01-25-2011, 06:51 PM
You can not have Goldust released! He's like funniest guy along with Santino, andlike others have said, been fantastic in the ring. Its a real shame he was injured, as they were pushing him because of his DVD

jjackson32
01-25-2011, 06:51 PM
KANE(hopefully) won't be released!!!!!!!!!!! Let KANE go on his own terms

RKF
01-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Get rid of Michael Cole

SaberToothTigerz
01-25-2011, 07:16 PM
wwe needs jobbers to loose against some guys that they want to give a push to
right now i think its more up to the jobber's decision to actually quit rather than wwe firing them
like how it happened with kaval
but if a few guys should go out then probably the great khali and darren young should go
i dont see the great khali doing much in the upcoming years, as his height will start making him crumble down and become rather slow even to walk so sooner or later he is gone..
darren young as his name suggests "young" i believe has yet alot to prove and should be sent back to fcw for a new gimmick rearrange.
now guys like finlay who had a major push in 2007, regal in 2008 guys like chavo who is still used for comedy bits and mark henry who is not as big as he was in 2006 vs batista and taker but still pretty intimidating should stay for a little while longer
never in the world say curt hawkins, trent baretta or percy watson to go, those guys have their future all ahead of them, give them some time.
trent baretta has speed and agility he can work up a good match if they make him face someone else other than drew
curt hawkins has potential i like the guy and percy is gonna be a fast rising star wwe just needs to put faith in him.

CobraNightviper
01-25-2011, 07:42 PM
I agree with the list except the part about Goldust.
Chavo Guerrero
Primo
The Great Khali
Mark Henry
Curt Hawkins
Hornswoggle
Bella Twins
Golddust

CobraNightviper
01-25-2011, 07:44 PM
yeah just send them somewhere for better training in todays economy I don't want to see anyone get fired.

Iron Ape
01-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Curt Hawkins is a homeless man's Stevie Richards.

Trip_Fisk
01-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Hornsawggle can't be released; he is the mysterious Raw General Manager

Trips88
01-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Get rid of Michael Cole

OMG YES! I'm soooo tired of hearing that guys voice, and the way he talks about how great The Miz is!

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Hornsawggle can't be released; he is the mysterious Raw General Manager

dude.............................................. ...........................no..................... .....

Pittbull
01-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Instead of releasing people, why don't they bring a title back!? European or something... something lesser than the IC and US titles, something for the lower midcarders to go for!?

or

Produce more tag teams and get the tag team division back on it's feet! Some of these people who are jobbing could form a good tag team!

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Instead of releasing people, why don't they bring a title back!? European or something... something lesser than the IC and US titles, something for the lower midcarders to go for!?

or

Produce more tag teams and get the tag team division back on it's feet! Some of these people who are jobbing could form a good tag team!

more belts = less tv time for other feuds = faster matches = less promos = lower ratings.

Lowki
01-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Like i said about khali... He makes them a lot of money in India and is a HUGE celebrity over there.

Pittbull
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
more belts = less tv time for other feuds = faster matches = less promos = lower ratings.

Extend RAW and SMACKDOWN to 3 hours perhaps!

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 11:52 AM

can they do that? lol
if so why dont they?

PrimusSucks
01-26-2011, 12:13 PM
People who aren't getting released

Goldust
Chavo
Mark Henry
Khali
Joey Mercury
Zack Ryder
Michael Cole

Everyone else mentioned in this thread is fair game

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 12:15 PM
can they do that? lol
if so why dont they?

They can't do that. Remember that WWE doesn't own the channels that they are in. The stations have to do alot so they can allow it.

PrimusSucks
01-26-2011, 12:23 PM
They can't do that. Remember that WWE doesn't own the channels that they are in. The stations have to do alot so they can allow it.

USA has openly been trying to get Raw to go 3 hours for some time now, but Vince has been against it, I would assume because of what happened to Nitro.

Kid_Gangsta
01-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Wtf why would u want them to lose their jobs?

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 04:15 PM
USA has openly been trying to get Raw to go 3 hours for some time now, but Vince has been against it, I would assume because of what happened to Nitro.

nitro?
u mean raw back then?

Trips88
01-27-2011, 12:56 AM
nitro?
u mean raw back then?

Ummm I think he means Nitro aka the show that end up falling apart.
On another note, according to a lot of blogs I read including JR's blog, the WWE has had plans for some time to have it's own cable television channel. I don't see that happening any time soon though with all the problems the company has had as of late. I personally think that they should have a belt that is specifically held on Superstars. It can be the rebirth of a European title or something completely new. Superstars is the predominately midcard show so why not have a title specific to that show. Holding titles is a great why to get a wrestler some recognition. I believe that ECW title did an ok job of that. There are guys like JoMo and C.M. Punk that held it and by doing so got into the public eye because they were champion, even if it was on a midcard show. A superstars title get's midcarders involved, get's them recognition, and yet keeps them from flooding Raw and Smackdown with more guys who aren't ready to compete for the IC, US, World, or WWE titles.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 01:30 AM
nitro?
u mean raw back then?

Look at WCW Monday Night Nitro.

Should be academic knowledge for every wrestling fan.

Goldust22
01-27-2011, 06:08 AM
Can't get rid of Khali he's to big in India they would lose money

I would say Chavo, Primo definatley

I would also have to say regal, JTG and Eve

SaberToothTigerz
01-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Look at WCW Monday Night Nitro.

Should be academic knowledge for every wrestling fan.

oh right wcw
sorry i only began being a wwe fan in january 2005
i never assisted the attitude era only watched some matches and alot of funny clips
wrestling never aired in my country before 2005 so i didnt knew wcw was called that back then

HeelTurn
01-27-2011, 07:18 AM

No not Regal please, as for Chavo I think the WWE would keep him even though they have nothing for him, although they did eventually release Hardcore Holly and Funaki after years of nothing, so who knows.

Goldust22
01-27-2011, 07:23 AM
I'm a regal fan too I think he is underused but last time they pushed him he abused the wellness policy.
Chavo will be kept because of Eddie but I still think his time in WWE has gone.

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 08:19 AM

Chavo and Regal will stay on and become trainers!
I see a lot of the NXT fall outs getting cut!

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 08:22 AM
oh right wcw
sorry i only began being a wwe fan in january 2005
i never assisted the attitude era only watched some matches and alot of funny clips
wrestling never aired in my country before 2005 so i didnt knew wcw was called that back then

oh that sucks for you some great moment happened! But hey if you got extra bandwidth YouTube!

SaberToothTigerz
01-27-2011, 09:41 AM
oh that sucks for you some great moment happened! But hey if you got extra bandwidth YouTube!

im always looking for old clips on yt i just may stumble upon one

Tommy Thunder
01-27-2011, 10:16 AM

Or, instead of using Superstars for pointless matches, use it to develop it's own storylines!!

Tommy Thunder
01-27-2011, 10:29 AM

You must be joking!! Chavo and Regal?! Really?! REALLY?!?! WWE owe both those guys everything!! I'm willing to bet that both guys retire with WWE and become trainers or get some sort of backstage role.

Agree on JTG and Primo though. I think the only hope for Primo is if he gets into a tag team, possibly with his cousin Tito. Same for JTG. He seems to be over with the crowd, but he isn't in a feud of any sort, and he doesn't look like he will be anytime soon.
As for Eve, WWE management like her. Don't expect to see her leaving.

Spear-O-Matic
01-27-2011, 10:39 AM
No one said Cena yet... Really... SMH

K2Jelly
01-27-2011, 10:47 AM
No one said Cena yet... Really... SMH

Why would you want that?

Goldust22
01-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Well only said regal cos they aren't using him

Shame about eve though worst diva by miles

I wud say Mark Henry to but ur argument about regal and chavo seems logical and I guess he's in same boat

VKM
01-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Instead of releasing people, why don't they make tag teams out of those wrestlers. WWE only has two tag teams. smh

Pittbull
01-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Well they have already released aload of people so maybe the hit won't be so bad... maybe like someone said the nxt rookies will get potted at the end of it all!

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Instead of releasing people, why don't they make tag teams out of those wrestlers. WWE only has two tag teams. smh

Very good point, maybe some can go but team up some throw in a new gimmic and make like 3 or 4 tagteams and start a tournament (sort of like tna did) then top two teams best of 5 and finial match at WM

Nexus4Life
01-28-2011, 12:19 PM
because that would involve thinkin on the wwe's part!

Adam Bomb II
01-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Fire Gewirtz, Koskey and Hayes. ;)

PrimusSucks
01-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Why would you want that?

Seriously, he is WWE's biggest money maker, if WWE is blaming their lack of money on Undertaker, Michaels, H, Batista, and Jericho being gone imagine how bad it would be if Cena left.

The Brown One
01-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Well only said regal cos they aren't using him

Shame about eve though worst diva by miles

I wud say Mark Henry to but ur argument about regal and chavo seems logical and I guess he's in same boat

I'd say that Alicia Fox is the worst diva by miles. Eve has a jujitsu background, and actually goes up to the top rope. How many divas do that anymore?

Iron Ape
01-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah, Eve might not be any good, but Alicia Fox is the worst thing to happen inside of a WWE ring since Owen fell from the rafters.

Bodom
01-29-2011, 04:55 PM
This thread is stupid.

There's quite a few people on the roster I don't like, but I don't wish for anyone in this economy or ever to lose their job.

K2Jelly
01-29-2011, 04:58 PM
This thread is stupid.

There's quite a few people on the roster I don't like, but I don't wish for anyone in this economy or ever to lose their job.

Bodom!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWTNA Mark
01-29-2011, 04:58 PM
This thread is stupid.

Yeah, thats like wishing death on somebody. It may not be the person you like but you should never wish anything bad in anybody's life.

SaberToothTigerz
01-29-2011, 07:50 PM
unless the talent at stake is unhappy with his current position in wwe

Robstar
01-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Kevin Nash.

I admit I haven't read this whole thread so I assumed it was just a discussion on who is most likely to be released. But yeah, I agree, just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you should hope for bad things for them. Whatever happened to sending a body back to developmental? No, instead they fire then hire then fire again

WWTNA Mark
01-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Kevin Nash.

I admit I haven't read this whole thread so I assumed it was just a discussion on who is most likely to be released. But yeah, I agree, just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you should hope for bad things for them. Whatever happened to sending a body back to developmental? No, instead they fire then hire then fire again

Ah, the good ol days of OVW! JO MO getting sent back down to OVW was the best thing that ever happened to him, although he did win Tough Enough which doesn't matter because you are still going to be sent back down to the developmental. Maven was lucky although his ass had a lame run in WWE! lol