PDA

View Full Version : Chris Masters FINALLY getting a push

Fatality
01-25-2011, 03:24 AM
Chris Masters, who has been largely relegated to WWE Superstars since his return to World Wrestling Entertainment in 2009, is reportedly scheduled for a push following the Royal Rumble. More shortly.

I read a topic a couple of days ago about him deserving a push, and here it is =D I seriously cant wait!! He deserves it, it was ages ago when he had his last push. Glad he didn't decide to leave.

What are your thoughts? and how do you think they are going to use him?

-Fatality

Iron Ape
01-25-2011, 03:32 AM
It always cracked me up how over the course of the past year, impatient IWCers were getting their underoos in a pretzel knot because the Daniel Bryan Danielsons and Kavals of the world weren't getting immediate Championships and/or being pushed to the moon, all the while they completely ignored Chris Masters silently breaking his back to pay dues, prove the naysayers wrong, improve his skill set, and emphatically demonstrate how he actually deserved to be elevated to the next level.

Pittbull
01-25-2011, 03:54 AM
I remember when he first came into the WWE and he looked like he was going to be good then! He should go back to his old music and entrance too!

Fatality
01-25-2011, 03:57 AM
I remember when he first came into the WWE and he looked like he was going to be good then! He should go back to his old music and entrance too!

Nah, I kinda like his current entrance, he should just start fresh.

TheMadThinker
01-25-2011, 04:00 AM
I think Masters got himself into trouble early in his WWE career due to substance abuse problems and is just pulling himself out of the doghouse. He is very lucky to still be in the WWE. It is nice that they gave him a chance to redeem himself because he has way more talent than a lot of the guys they push these days.

The Brown One
01-25-2011, 04:55 AM
Good for Masters! I posted a thread late last year I believe..on Masters, and the potential that he has. I'm glad to see that WWE have plans to give him a big push. Its about time. I think hes learned from his steroid days.

Lowki
01-25-2011, 05:11 AM
I don't think he's lucky to be in WWE. Vince (or someone) is very obviously high on him to fire him and then rehire him straight after the drug banning had expired. If you had taken notice of some of the "wellness suspensions" he has reportedly recieved more than 3 in his first run and was eventually let go. I do believe vince sees something in him to label him the masterpiece. A gimmick just handed by creative usually shows what Vince thinks of them (Daniel Byran - Virgin + geek for example) so to be called the masterpiece and have a "body only a sculture could make" shows how highly they thought of him. This is coming from Vince, the guy who gets wet over musclar men.
On another note he has improved quite a lot over the past few years and isn't exactly immobile like some of the powerhouses WWE has employed. He's got quite a bit of his mass back since his first steriod bust, that led to him shedding huge amounts over a short period, which will definitely work to his advantage. Let's hope he doesn't get a Regal/Goldust push though.

HeelTurn
01-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Good to see someone earning their push.

Tommy Thunder
01-25-2011, 07:08 AM
It always cracked me up how over the course of the past year, impatient IWCers were getting their underoos in a pretzel knot because the Daniel Bryan Danielsons and Kavals of the world weren't getting immediate Championships and/or being pushed to the moon, all the while they completely ignored Chris Masters silently breaking his back to pay dues, prove the naysayers wrong, improve his skill set, and emphatically demonstrate how he actually deserved to be elevated to the next level.

I've always been a big supporter of Masters since he returned. He's greatly improved his move set, and is generally better around the ring now. I'm also very happy to see that he's getting over as a face (something I thought he wouldn't be able to do), and he gets pretty big pops from the crowd these days. He's actually one of my favorite WWE superstars to watch at the moment.
I'm extremely happy that WWE are considering giving him a push, and I sure hope they go through with the idea. Very much looking forward to it!!

THE_CRIPPLER
01-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Masters is young, he has alot of time to improve and he is improving very well.
Everyone crapped on Master when his first got his push but honestly i did like Masters and think he was great for a high level mid card.

Masters is only held back by his Master Piece gimick that doesnt match him at all, he seems more like a tough guy from boston or something...His accent and attitude doesnt match that dumb master piee gimmick, its holding him back.
And that Terrible Finsher he has the Full Nelson.... Full Nelson was never a effective ProWrestling hold and never will be, thats like making a top wreist lock a finsher or a head lock, it dont work.

If Masters did these 2 things he will make it far

SaberToothTigerz
01-25-2011, 07:59 AM
is it me or didnt chris master had more muscle back then?

The Brown One
01-25-2011, 08:11 AM
is it me or didnt chris master had more muscle back then?

I think he did..but it was due to steroid use.
He had an interview in New Zealand, and was asked a question about steroid use, and he pushed away the mic, and walked off the set, without saying a word.

AndyWonder
01-25-2011, 08:23 AM
As much as I would like to see him advance, I don't see how. He has no mic skills.

AndyWonder
01-25-2011, 08:25 AM
And he needs to get his first entrance theme music back. What he has now is just damn awful! And he can't be a fan favorite. He has the perfect heel look, like Randy Orton. One thing he can do well though is facial expressions of a heel.

Pittbull
01-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Nah, I kinda like his current entrance, he should just start fresh.

This was a good entrance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VyEIM5t_LQ&feature=bf_play&playnext=1&list=QL&index=1

Bennyladd1
01-25-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't think he's lucky to be in WWE. Vince (or someone) is very obviously high on him to fire him and then rehire him straight after the drug banning had expired. If you had taken notice of some of the "wellness suspensions" he has reportedly recieved more than 3 in his first run and was eventually let go. I do believe vince sees something in him to label him the masterpiece. A gimmick just handed by creative usually shows what Vince thinks of them (Daniel Byran - Virgin + geek for example) so to be called the masterpiece and have a "body only a sculture could make" shows how highly they thought of him. This is coming from Vince, the guy who gets wet over musclar men.
On another note he has improved quite a lot over the past few years and isn't exactly immobile like some of the powerhouses WWE has employed. He's got quite a bit of his mass back since his first steriod bust, that led to him shedding huge amounts over a short period, which will definitely work to his advantage. Let's hope he doesn't get a Regal/Goldust push though.

Well said, i completly agree with you, tbh Masters could stay a face and get a push but would he face kofi for the title? i doubt it as kofi is also a face, so in my opinion if he were to turn heel and win the intercontinental title it would do wonders for his career, although i do like his face character but it could vastly improve if they made him look tough and win matches. Nice Welsh Dragon btw Lowki!

Mikeyboy7777777
01-25-2011, 09:26 AM
masters should turn heel never never do a christmas thing with eve torres EVER AGAIN the singing was traumatizing of her and next he has to get a feud so attack somebody for example why not attack kozlov first then have a feud with santino & kozlov (ofcourse after they lose the titles although wwe doesn't give a shit about the titles anyway so sooner the better) then on to the bigger stars NONE shall break the master lock

justin sane
01-25-2011, 11:03 AM
he has boobies

PrimusSucks
01-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Thank goodness, I remember him in the Elimination Chamber in 05 and he had a good showing.

Lowki
01-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Well said, i completly agree with you, tbh Masters could stay a face and get a push but would he face kofi for the title? i doubt it as kofi is also a face, so in my opinion if he were to turn heel and win the intercontinental title it would do wonders for his career, although i do like his face character but it could vastly improve if they made him look tough and win matches. Nice Welsh Dragon btw Lowki!
Yeah i agree mate. I used to like the masterpiece gimmick so aslong as they bring that back i'm good! Cheers, i nicked it from triviums site years ago ^^

steveorton
01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Finally Masters deserves this and I hope he makes the most of the push, I'm jus sayin...