PDA

View Full Version : Nexus=Evolution reborn?;WWE recycling old gimmics

RocketMan
01-25-2011, 12:53 AM
So I noticed that now we have Batista impostor, CM Punk comes out the gates and states, loosely quoted, "We're the next Evolution!" So I'm guessing WWE is taking a crack at another dominating forcing and are going to go along the whole CM punks uses followers to get him to the top, as did HHH did.

More or less we already had the whole demolition like structure that Evolution went through, but in a different way by showing if you were game for the cunning ways of a Nexus group which was follow the leader(CM punk). They've completely sped up the whole process of building an apposing group the Corre. But whats going to happen now is this: Royal Rumble-Corre and Nexus are left in the ring together; four on five. this will begin the long battle between each group and the hole smackdown vs raw stipulation.

So is WWE basically using recycles material and mixing it with new/old ideas?

The Brown One
01-25-2011, 04:44 AM
They seem to be dropping hints of those past times. But I don't think that they will copy them completely.

Lowki
01-25-2011, 05:02 AM
Evolution was a blueprint of the four horseman. If you look at something in a small scope you will see what you want. In this instance you could say ANY faction with an established wrestler as leaderhead is a rip off of the horsemen. I think every group used this blueprint:-
DX was essentially the same; Rick Rude (Legend + enforcer), HBK (established star), HHH (rising star).
Second reincarnation:-Triple H (leader + now established), Chyna (enforcer figure to some extent) , X-Pac, and the New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn)

The only similiarity i see in the "new" nexus is there's a leader (CM Punk) and a guy who looks like batista.
There's no "legend" taking the youth under his wing, there's just 3 rookies that aren't exactly being groomed for a world title win. Evolution EVERY member was destined for success. Nexus, only two (ryan and punk) will benefit imo.

I do see minute similarities between New nexus and evolution but there are more striking similarities between Evolution and the Four Horsemen (The layout, the suits, party animal attitudes etc) which just goes to show that most things in wrestling are recycled.

tittle97
01-25-2011, 05:19 AM
which just goes to show that most things in wrestling are recycled.

Your last sentence says it all.

Lowki
01-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Your last sentence says it all.
Exactly. The point i was trying to make though was that Nexus aren't copying Evolution rather than following the age old formula for groups.

CobraNightviper
01-25-2011, 12:33 PM
I agree especially about the part where you said evolution was suppose to be a blueprint of the horsemen I thought they fit that mold nicely.
Evolution was a blueprint of the four horseman. If you look at something in a small scope you will see what you want. In this instance you could say ANY faction with an established wrestler as leaderhead is a rip off of the horsemen. I think every group used this blueprint:-
DX was essentially the same; Rick Rude (Legend + enforcer), HBK (established star), HHH (rising star).
Second reincarnation:-Triple H (leader + now established), Chyna (enforcer figure to some extent) , X-Pac, and the New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn)

The only similiarity i see in the "new" nexus is there's a leader (CM Punk) and a guy who looks like batista.
There's no "legend" taking the youth under his wing, there's just 3 rookies that aren't exactly being groomed for a world title win. Evolution EVERY member was destined for success. Nexus, only two (ryan and punk) will benefit imo.

I do see minute similarities between New nexus and evolution but there are more striking similarities between Evolution and the Four Horsemen (The layout, the suits, party animal attitudes etc) which just goes to show that most things in wrestling are recycled.

Iron Ape
01-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Recycling preexisting stories/arcs/angles with a mixture of new and old ideas is not exclusive to the WWE. Hell, it's basically the crux of the entire wrestling industry.