PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk and Nexus, not just put together?

CMhuw24
01-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Well for a while now ive been thinking about why CM Punk would join Nexus and/or why Nexus would let him, and it got me thinking, but there have been a few things that i beleive could show that CM Punk wasent just randomly added too the Nexus.
Here are some weird thing they had/have in common.
1. Nexus debuted through a match between CM Punk vs John Cena?
2. It was after Nexus debuted the SES storyline began to sink (but i highly doubt that was planned as injuries and departures ruined that stable)
3. Darren Young was never liked by CM Punk during NXT1 and he was the first member to be kicked out by Nexus?
4. When Nexus went to SD! with Otunga leading them they never harmed CM Punk.
5. When SD! debuted on SyFi they once again never harmed CM Punk but attacked most of the other members, including Big Show, and if we all remember was it not Big Show that kayfabe destroyed the SES?
6. When Wade Barret got moved to SD! he attacked BIg Show straight away, maybe was this CM Punks way of revenge for destroying his SES?
7. CM Punk moved to Raw and was fully recovered by the time Nexus needed a revival?

Now im not saying these were all planned, but i beleive if WWE wanted to explain why CM Punk joined the Nexus i beleive they could show that he was the leader of all this the entire time and he had always wanted to cause Cena hell? Would that not be an awesome storyline for CM Punk vs Cena if they were to feud to WM? I know this may sound a bit silly but i beleive WWE could show it all so the veiwers all understand.

But ofcourse for this to happen we have to see Wade Barrett reveiel that maybe CM Punk was always the leader. While i know this probably wont happen i beleive it would be awesome to see that it was CM Punk ruining Cenas life for the last half a year.

Thoughts?

SevenCagedTigers
01-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Well for a while now ive been thinking about why CM Punk would join Nexus and/or why Nexus would let him, and it got me thinking, but there have been a few things that i beleive could show that CM Punk wasent just randomly added too the Nexus.
2. It was after Nexus debuted the SES storyline began to sink (but i highly doubt that was planned as injuries and departures ruined that stable)
3. Darren Young was never liked by CM Punk during NXT1 and he was the first member to be kicked out by Nexus?
5. When SD! debuted on SyFi they once again never harmed CM Punk but attacked most of the other members, including Big Show, and if we all remember was it not Big Show that kayfabe destroyed the SES?
6. When Wade Barret got moved to SD! he attacked BIg Show straight away, maybe was this CM Punks way of revenge for destroying his SES?
7. CM Punk moved to Raw and was fully recovered by the time Nexus needed a revival?

Now im not saying these were all planned, but i beleive if WWE wanted to explain why CM Punk joined the Nexus i beleive they could show that he was the leader of all this the entire time and he had always wanted to cause Cena hell? Would that not be an awesome storyline for CM Punk vs Cena if they were to feud to WM? I know this may sound a bit silly but i beleive WWE could show it all so the veiwers all understand.

But ofcourse for this to happen we have to see Wade Barrett reveiel that maybe CM Punk was always the leader. While i know this probably wont happen i beleive it would be awesome to see that it was CM Punk ruining Cenas life for the last half a year.

Thoughts?

I think you have a keen eye and you made me appreciate this storyline a little more. I have nothing more to add to that. WWE would be smart to capitalize on all these points and present them all together on television.

TheMadThinker
01-25-2011, 01:11 AM
If I recall Punk got beat down outside the ring when Nexus first appeared. He did not get the beating Cena got, but they definitely put the boots to him.

I appreciate the chain of events you put together, but the "WWE universe" has about a one minute attention span.

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-25-2011, 02:28 AM
OP... I've been saying literally everything you just said for like the last month now. THE 'E is so stupid....

SilverGhost
01-25-2011, 02:34 AM
OP... I've been saying literally everything you just said for like the last month now. THE 'E is so stupid....

R(ob)

Do you have a problem quoting here? Just for getting some proof.

HeelTurn
01-25-2011, 06:45 AM

Thoughts?

Dont forget they burried The Undertaker, the guy who took the World title from Punk.

The Brown One
01-25-2011, 08:17 AM
If this stuff was planned, then I am happy with the explanation that was said here. I was asking why Punk was the leader of Nexus anyway, but now I understand better.

Agreed with SevenCagedTigers, those items should be shown on tv, so that it will make sense of Punk as leader of New Nexus, and will be a compelling storyline.

Tom "The Cobra" Drake
01-25-2011, 11:04 AM
The one beatdown that Nexus gave Punk can always be downplayed as something to deceive us. And because of the things that were pointed out in this thread, it makes perfect sense why "The Corre" has no leader, because their leader is still wrecking havok on RAW with the New Nexus. The Corre was sent to SD (like an infantry platoon) to impose the iron will of the Nexus on the blue brand, as if the entire group is trying to pull an nWo number and take over the whole organization.

CMhuw24
01-25-2011, 08:16 PM
I do agree with all of youu and yes i was planning on putting the Undertaker vs CM Punk hell in a cell match but i figured maybe it was too late ago.

ELNIOJR
01-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Well, i dont know about you all, and i haven't been here in the Forum for almost a week now, i dont know what's going on...but i Just wanna say that im enjoying SO MUCH watching THE NEW NEXUS! I Think they are finally getting Better. All the member all involved in the develope of the Crew, backstage segments every week, more than ONE, in one show actually...

The inclusion of Mason Ryan helped that, at least for now, and i can see great things in the Future. This past night on Raw we saw Husky and Michael taking out the Tag Champs, that means they are going for the Tittles, AND going to be Great Champions, because they have ABILITY...that's all.

As for CM Punk, i dont have much to say. This Guy is GREAT, GENIUS, and makes GOLD to every SHIT he putts his Hands ON!

FUNNY THING - On the first night as the new Leader, CM Punk putted the guys on the Initiation, people called that stupid. Then on Friday, Wade Barrett presented The Corre. Everybody was "CHEARING", including myself, Yeah Corre all the way!!! Then the next Monday, Nexus became STRONGER...with Mason Ryan. Interesting!!! Again on Friday, Barrett made it oficial about Corre, they have a Crappy Music :D i kind feeling desappointed now...BUT NEW NEXUS?! Getting Better Baby...

New NEXUS all the Way... :D
One Word...FAITH!:p

CMhuw24
01-26-2011, 08:10 AM
I agree i like the New Nexus very much so.
And i do like the Corre also, Wade Barret is awesome and to be honest i dont mind Big Zeke.

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 09:34 AM
yea new nexus ftw
I think people should have just shut the fuck up when the angle of nexus vs cena was going on in early december and rather have waited a little bit more and give the storyline a chance
if something just doesnt sound as exciting as it used to be, dont worry...time will tell and wwe is constantly changing for every viewer's pleasure demands.
new nexus and the corre and two very interesting teams with different ideals and different shows
its a new era for wwe and hopefully every member of each team will be a top wwe superstar in the future.
except david a list otunga and heath slater
those guys suck

Anyrysm
01-26-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm a big fan of Zeke Jackson; his matches with Christian in the bastardized ECW were awesome. My only problem with the Nexus and the Corre is that they all tout about "all they've accomplished" but other than the leaders (Barrett and Punk) the rest rarely get into any matches...it's hard to take guys like Otunga, Slater, Gabriel, Harris, and McGilicutty seriously when you can count the matches they've had on 1 hand.

el gabo
01-26-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm a big fan of Zeke Jackson; his matches with Christian in the bastardized ECW were awesome. My only problem with the Nexus and the Corre is that they all tout about "all they've accomplished" but other than the leaders (Barrett and Punk) the rest rarely get into any matches...it's hard to take guys like Otunga, Slater, Gabriel, Harris, and McGilicutty seriously when you can count the matches they've had on 1 hand.

True!! I know the focus is always on the leader but, I think that the WWE CAN do a better job developing the secondary players like Justin Gabriel, Husky etc. even though secondary characters are just least important. They can devolop into better much more important wrestlers than they are right now. Maybe not SUPERSTARS but be more relevant than they are right now because Spring cleaning is just around the corner.

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 09:50 AM
what do u guys mean with spring cleaning? :s

A.Graham
01-26-2011, 09:57 AM
I really like CM Punk and Wade Barrett, as well as Big Zeke. The two groups and the feud have promise if WWE play it right. However the other members can be easily forgotten maybe not Mason Ryan but the others will eventually become jobbers or get released, all of them except Justin Gabriel. Did anyone see his match with Edge? that was a great match and Gabriel really impressed me so hopefully he has a bright future. I don't mind Mcguilicutty but i wouldn't care if he got released. Otunga i can't stand and the same with Slater and Husky.

Daniel Bryan
01-26-2011, 10:03 AM
True!! I know the focus is always on the leader but, I think that the WWE CAN do a better job developing the secondary players like Justin Gabriel, Husky etc. even though secondary characters are just least important. They can devolop into better much more important wrestlers than they are right now. Maybe not SUPERSTARS but be more relevant than they are right now because Spring cleaning is just around the corner.

I agree with you completely these groups remind me of evolution and well every person on evolution was relevant so I think they need to do that with these guys except for otunga and slater also lol

Automatic
01-26-2011, 10:11 AM
what do u guys mean with spring cleaning? :s
After WM some talents will be release and certainly now, when WWE's stock is declining. So some expect a lot of releases

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 10:22 AM
After WM some talents will be release and certainly now, when WWE's stock is declining. So some expect a lot of releases

ah ok
yea i know that after mania there are alot of brand transitions
whatever happens i hope gail kim, skip sheffield or yoshi..will NOT be released
why did i said yoshi? lol idk i believe he can still go and hopefully climb to the midcarder spot

CobraNightviper
01-26-2011, 10:42 AM
I am interested in seeing Mason Ryan of the new Nexus in action but like everone stated they focus on leaders of groups which by the way the Corre says there is no leaders but yeah right it's obvious Barrett is the leader.

Mikeyboy7777777
01-26-2011, 11:06 AM
new nexus rules but they must drop otunga honestly let mason ryan beat him up or something please then i'm satisfied

Daniel Bryan
01-26-2011, 11:18 AM
ah ok
whatever happens i hope gail kim, skip sheffield or yoshi..will be released
why did i said yoshi? lol idk i believe he can still go and hopefully climb to the midcarder spot

very unlikely for skip bc they have big plans for him apparently but the others are possible

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 11:54 AM
very unlikely for skip bc they have big plans for him apparently but the others are possible

i am dying to see skip sheffield's return and how his gimmick will be since he most likely be the second top face of the industry just behind cena
at least that's what i read in a report

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-26-2011, 12:10 PM
R(ob)

Do you have a problem quoting here? Just for getting some proof.

Wait. What? 0_o

ELNIOJR
01-26-2011, 01:28 PM
its a new era for wwe and hopefully every member of each team will be a top wwe superstar in the future.
except david a list otunga and heath slater
those guys suck

I don't mind Mcguilicutty but i wouldn't care if he got released. Otunga i can't stand and the same with Slater and Husky.

Poor Otunga and Slater :D

Well it's like this...Its no secrect that Otunga CANT Wrestle. But i actually got a "CRUSH" on him back on NXT especially after that "Google Me" line lololol...and i was hoping that maybe in the future he would improve on his wrestling abilities. Well, i dont see changes, he Botches his finishing move EVERYTIME...

As for Slater...i dont Think hes THAT bad. But he got POOR mic skills, hes weak, HORRIBLE HAIR, he's the only one that doesnt see that...so, i never really HATED the guy, but im starting to...especially after last monday RAW.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE WAY HE WALKED DOWN THE RAMP, WHEN THE CORRE INTERRUPTED THE NEW NEXUS...
He was walkinh like hes a BIG DEAL or someting :D

Anyway...FAITH!

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I would like to see Skip in Corre but Vinnie is high on him. I knew that there would be plans for Skip other than Nexus/Corre.

TocSin XXVII
01-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Zeke sucks, Slater sucks, Gabriel is a one trick pony. The only thing going for Corre is Barrett, but he isn't credible. Not one championship. Zeke only had good matches with Christian because Christian made him look good.

Otunga sucks. Harris and McGillicutty can wrestle and have lineage. Ryan is a beast and when he stepped up to Zeke in the ring I was like ohhh shit. CM Punk, as we all know, is credible. My money would be on the New Nexus.

Also their is a reason why the New Nexus is on MNR, it is because they are better.

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Zeke sucks, Slater sucks, Gabriel is a one trick pony. The only thing going for Corre is Barrett, but he isn't credible. Not one championship. Zeke only had good matches with Christian because Christian made him look good.

Otunga sucks. Harris and McGillicutty can wrestle and have lineage. Ryan is a beast and when he stepped up to Zeke in the ring I was like ohhh shit. CM Punk, as we all know, is credible. My money would be on the New Nexus.

Also their is a reason why the New Nexus is on MNR, it is because they are better.

He can actually go in the ring.....just Vinnie Mac is making him do that 450.

thejman93
01-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Gabriel looks like he's gonna doo-doo in his daiper every time he sets up for it doesn't he?

NightWolf
01-26-2011, 02:06 PM
ah ok
whatever happens i hope gail kim, skip sheffield or yoshi..will be releasedwhy did i said yoshi? lol idk i believe he can still go and hopefully climb to the midcarder spot

Shove your foot in your mouth! I would say for all of the non-talented people to go away so they would be forced to used the talent that you just said you were hoping would get releashed. I love each of them to an extent, and I would love to see Gail Kim do more stuff.

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Shove your foot in your mouth! I would say for all of the non-talented people to go away so they would be forced to used the talent that you just said you were hoping would get releashed. I love each of them to an extent, and I would love to see Gail Kim do more stuff.

Wow....I did not see that.

Sabertooth bad! Gail Kim is good! Just not used much......but with the Daniel Bryan angle.....yay! xD

Skip will have a push ready for him since Vinnie is high on him.

Yoshi WILL NOT GET RELEASED. Vinnie has something good for him but on the condition that Yoshi learns English.

TocSin XXVII
01-26-2011, 02:17 PM

You know who else did the 450 Splash? Marc Mero... and he sucks too. I've seen matches of Gabriel, I don't see anything special.

NightWolf
01-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Wow....I did not see that.

Sabertooth bad! Gail Kim is good! Just not used much......but with the Daniel Bryan angle.....yay! xD

Skip will have a push ready for him since Vinnie is high on him.

Yoshi WILL NOT GET RELEASED. Vinnie has something good for him but on the condition that Yoshi learns English.

Would have been neat if Christian, Yoshi, and Edge were paired up as a team. I miss hearing Yoshi getting mad an speaking Japanese an then Christian just says,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5j3ujU2aTk&feature=fvw

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 02:19 PM
You know who else did the 450 Splash? Marc Mero... and he sucks too. I've seen matches of Gabriel, I don't see anything special.

It depends. What kind of Gabriel matches have you seen?

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Would have been neat if Christian, Yoshi, and Edge were paired up as a team. I miss hearing Yoshi getting mad an speaking Japanese an then Christian just says,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5j3ujU2aTk&feature=fvw

That was clear as day! Lol xD

TocSin XXVII
01-26-2011, 02:29 PM
It depends. What kind of Gabriel matches have you seen?

I've seen a lot of his FCW matches. The matches I did like of him he was basically carried. I think what this guy needs is match with a guy like Mick Foley. If he had a hard core match it would show that he is tough, then it will give him that extra umph! This past match with Edge really didn't show much of how talented he really is like you claim he has.

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 02:35 PM
I've seen a lot of his FCW matches. The matches I did like of him he was basically carried. I think what this guy needs is match with a guy like Mick Foley. If he had a hard core match it would show that he is tough, then it will give him that extra umph! This past match with Edge really didn't show much of how talented he really is like you claim he has.

I'm telling you he can go. But you know.....storylines get in his way so I say....unfair call on judging him.

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 04:21 PM
ah ok
whatever happens i hope gail kim, skip sheffield or yoshi..will be released

JEEZ guys give me a break I forgot to edit my post
I meant NOT to be released
I like gail kim skip sheffield and yoshi tatsu THATS what i wanted to write down but i forgot one word jeez...

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 04:25 PM
JEEZ guys give me a break I forgot to edit my post
I meant NOT to be released
I like gail kim skip sheffield and yoshi tatsu THATS what i wanted to write down but i forgot one word jeez...

I was like "what?"

Those guys getting released would be a shame.

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 04:32 PM
i was like "what?"

those guys getting released would be a shame.

i know right?