PDA

View Full Version : Rollins to debut in the Rumble?

Grind_Bastard
01-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Hello, this is my first post here, altohugh I've been reading this forum for a while...

Well, there's something that recently came to my mind and I think it can be debated. Since WWE announced that the Royal rumble will have 40 competitors, there's been a lot of discussion about which wrestlers will enter the Rumble, including possible returns and surprising entrants. But as far as I remember, this possibility has not been debated. What about having Seth Rollins enter the Royal Rumble and make an impact in the WWE?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should win it (maybe in the future) but he could make his debut and eliminate several wrestlers, some jobbers and one or two big names. Those who know him from ROH know that he has talent both in the ring and with the mic, and making him have a stellar debut in a prestigious PPV will help him to be known among those who haven't watch him before in the indys.

I honestly don't know the plans that WWE have for him, so the chances he has for this debut are unknown to me... But maybe he could eliminate Daniel Bryan and start a feud for the US title on the road to 'Mania. Many in the IWC would absolutely love that. But it seems highly unlikely to me.

Thoughts?

P.S: I guess this is the right subforum to post this thread, if not, I'm sorry.

The Brown One
01-24-2011, 07:38 PM
I would love if Tyler Black debuted in WWE at the Rumble.
They need star power, and surprises in the match, so I expect wrestlers who were injured to return, some big names returning, unique eliminations, many eliminations, and debuts of wrestlers that people have never heard of or seen before.
If he made an impact, the crowd would take notice, and actually take him seriously as a competitor.

Necroyeti
01-24-2011, 07:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zVqyG.jpg

I think it's unlikely he'll be on the main roster as soon as that. My memory of Royal Rumbles ain't so great, but I don't think anyone's ever made a WWEdebut in the Royal Rumble. (Giant Gonzalez in 1993, maybe, but I don't think he was actually in it) I suspect we won't be seeing him until after Wrestlemania, or once the Nexus/Corre thing blows over.

He is getting a nice push in FCW right now though, having some great matches and winning the Jack Briscoe classic. (a four-man round robin tournament of 15 minute iron man matches, with cumulative points) I don't have any worries about his future in the 'E to be honest.

SilverGhost
01-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Necro isn't Black unhappy about his treatment in FCW?

HeelTurn
01-24-2011, 07:58 PM
I have a horrible feeling NXT season 5 will see him debut

SevenCagedTigers
01-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Hello, this is my first post here, altohugh I've been reading this forum for a while...

Well, there's something that recently came to my mind and I think it can be debated. Since WWE announced that the Royal rumble will have 40 competitors, there's been a lot of discussion about which wrestlers will enter the Rumble, including possible returns and surprising entrants. But as far as I remember, this possibility has not been debated. What about having Seth Rollins enter the Royal Rumble and make an impact in the WWE?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should win it (maybe in the future) but he could make his debut and eliminate several wrestlers, some jobbers and one or two big names. Those who know him from ROH know that he has talent both in the ring and with the mic, and making him have a stellar debut in a prestigious PPV will help him to be known among those who haven't watch him before in the indys.

I honestly don't know the plans that WWE have for him, so the chances he has for this debut are unknown to me... But maybe he could eliminate Daniel Bryan and start a feud for the US title on the road to 'Mania. Many in the IWC would absolutely love that. But it seems highly unlikely to me.

Thoughts?

P.S: I guess this is the right subforum to post this thread, if not, I'm sorry.

Seth Rollins debuting in the Rumble would create a WTF moment for WWE fans, and it would be a waste of an entrant. 99% of WWE fan's don't watch the indies, or youtube relative unknowns. I never knew who Daniel Bryan was, and I watch RAW, Smackdown, NXT, TNA. Just because youre a wrestling fan and you dedicate 4 hours a week to wrestling doesn't mean you dedicate any more time than that. I would much rather see that spot go to another legend, or another jobber whose gonna make the real winner look good.

If Seth Rollins is so great, then he deserves an impactful debut on Raw or Smackdown that is going to spotlight his individuality, not a throat cramming thats gonna make PPV buyers go, "I didn't pay to see this guy"

Necroyeti
01-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Necro isn't Black unhappy about his treatment in FCW?
Don't think so.

You may be thinking of that cryptic emo message he wrote on twitter that the dirtsheets assumed had to do with NXT4. He writes shit like that all the time on his blog though. Probably lyrics from all the terrible hardcore bands he listens to :P

CMhuw24
01-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I'd rather see him debut on SD! or Raw later this year otherwise, as SevenCagedTigers said people will think hes a local jobber.

Iron Ape
01-24-2011, 11:03 PM
As soon as he does debut, fans will immediately begin to anticipate the emergence of the next potent notable waiting in the wings.

Necroyeti
01-25-2011, 01:19 PM
As soon as he does debut, fans will immediately begin to anticipate the emergence of the next potent notable waiting in the wings.
Not before getting at least two threads a week about how he's getting "fukken buried" because he's not immediately a WWE title contender or - God forbid - loses a match.

Iron Ape
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Not before getting at least two threads a week about how he's getting "fukken buried" because he's not immediately a WWE title contender or - God forbid - loses a match.
Haha. This is incredibly accurate.