PDA

View Full Version : What if...

Incubus_99
01-24-2011, 11:36 AM
The whole confrontation that happened between Edge & The Miz on Smackdown just set a thought in my head....Edge mentioned Miz was No. 27 on his list of things to do and he he also said he is 32...

So what if both the champions retain their respective titles in their matches at RR and enter the Royal Rumble match as well...just supposing that The Miz enters at 27 & Edge comes in at 32...and one of them wins the Rumble thus challenging the other Champion at Wrestlemania...this could then become a Title Unification Match...if I am not mistaken there were talks of unifying the Championships at Wrestlemania this year...

Of course this is just a thought that sprang up...like the title of this thread states, this is just a 'What if' situation...but what do you guys think?...

Lance Storm
01-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I have been screaming for Title Unification for awhile now. There are too many damn belts and they become convoluted. This would be awesome if they did.

Snair
01-24-2011, 12:00 PM
It would surely catch everyone offguard and will be better than cena vs miz at mania,plus title unification hype good enough to give them more exposure than any match cena will be involved at mania

TocSin XXVII
01-24-2011, 12:09 PM
If you think what i think your thinking, then I think Edge will drop the title to Dolph Ziggler then enter the Rumble. Opportunity right?

TheAwesomeCarpet
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
With 40 men in the Rumble, I don't think Edge would take his chances and try to win the Rumble. I'd say that he would possibly lose his title to Ziggler then later in the night before Orton comes out for his match, Edge would beat him down and take his spot and win the title from Miz. This would set up a Edge v.s Orton match at WM which would be pretty awesome (no pun intended) if you ask me.

Tommy Thunder
01-24-2011, 12:42 PM
An interesting idea. I think Miz winning is more likely than Edge winning (as he won it last year). Main title unification is needed, and there is a good chance that it ill happen at Mania. Adding another mid-card belt would help things. A belt for the high-flyers.

TheAwesomeCarpet
01-24-2011, 01:01 PM
An interesting idea. I think Miz winning is more likely than Edge winning (as he won it last year). Main title unification is needed, and there is a good chance that it ill happen at Mania. Adding another mid-card belt would help things. A belt for the high-flyers.

Rebirth of the Cruiserweight title? Or just slap TNA in the face and make the X-Division belt for themselves.

peppermill25
01-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Hey can somebody explain to me what "marking out" is?!

daverende5
01-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Wasn't Edge nr 27 in the Rumble last year?

steveorton
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM
I saw Smackdown when Edge blurted out that comment but I strongly feel it was just a joke nothing more, to indicate how trivial Miz vs Edge on Raw was to him, I'm jus sayin...

Automatic
01-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Hey can somebody explain to me what "marking out" is?!

It's sort of screaming like a little girl, because something that occured in wrestling, eventhough you know it's fake.
Ex. Cena turning heel, WWE becomes PG 14 and, The Rock coming back as a singles competitor, and other things that you/people want REALLY bad.

On topic: It would be a real shocker to me if they did that in the Rumble:p, but would be nice, I don't see the need to unify the titles.

CobraNightviper
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM
for me marking out is getting excited about wrestling again a feeling I haven't had in a long time thanks to our current choices(wwe&tna)but I must admit it's getting somewhat better.
It's sort of screaming like a little girl, because something that occured in wrestling, eventhough you know it's fake.
Ex. Cena turning heel, WWE becomes PG 14 and, The Rock coming back as a singles competitor, and other things that you/people want REALLY bad.

On topic: It would be a real shocker to me if they did that in the Rumble:p, but would be nice, I don't see the need to unify the titles.

The Brown One
01-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Since when can the competitors in the world title match get into the Rumble match, after they have had their world title match?

Automatic
01-24-2011, 06:21 PM
for me marking out is getting excited about wrestling again a feeling I haven't had in a long time thanks to our current choices(wwe&tna)but I must admit it's getting somewhat better.

Well it's sort of the same, but my definition was a little exeggerated

CobraNightviper
01-24-2011, 06:54 PM
yeah I know it's just that we don't have as much to get excited about lately.

Incubus_99
01-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Since when can the competitors in the world title match get into the Rumble match, after they have had their world title match?

In one of the Rumbles, Roddy Piper had an IC title match which he lost and then he entered the Rumble as well...I can't recall who it was against, but I think the IC Champ entered the Rumble too...I'm not sure how it works out for the Worlkd Title Champs...

The Brown One
01-25-2011, 04:42 AM
In one of the Rumbles, Roddy Piper had an IC title match which he lost and then he entered the Rumble as well...I can't recall who it was against, but I think the IC Champ entered the Rumble too...I'm not sure how it works out for the Worlkd Title Champs...

Yeah, but I haven't seen a world title match competitor do that, have you?
Edge lost a world title at a PPV a few years ago, and then took out Kofi before he was entering the EC match, took his spot, and then won the match, thus winning that brand's world title. But I haven't seen anyone do it for the RR.