PDA

View Full Version : WWE Divas matches no longer a piss break in 2011

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
01-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Okay first off, I have always been against calling diva matches a piss break. I just found it annoying. Yes, I agree that a majority of the diva matches were absolutely horrible last year in 2010. Besides that, they did not really do anything with them but have them do pointless segments and dance around guest hosts. Then when they wrestled they went out there and wrestled in 1 minute matches and so nobody really cared. I understood WHY you guys called it the diva matches piss breaks, even though I still found it annoying.

Well nowadays, we are actually getting good quality matches between these divas. Don't believe me? Go watch the Beth Phoenix vs. Layla match on smackdown. Or go watch the Natalya and Beth Phoenix vs. Laycool Tables match at TLC. Or go watch the Gail Kim vs. Alicia Fox match on Superstars last week. These girls are putting on good matches all over the place. I'm sure we will get a match that will suck eventually, but at least now we are getting good quality matches. I like to see how things work when Awesome Kong debuts on TV. :D

Another thing I've noticed is the fact that LayCool are actually jobbing to other divas nowadays and making them look good. I figured a lot of people would be happy as hell for that, based off of the heat they got last year. Both Layla and Michelle McCool are good wrestlers and are very hot.

Also, they are also putting the divas to good use for once. Melina and Natalya are currently in the midst of a feud and the Bellas are involved in a storyline with them trying to take Daniel Bryan's Virginity. We also got Kelly Kelly involved in a storyline with Drew McIntyre. :D Good stuff indeed All of this on top of the fact that every single one of this is smoking hot .... WHY CALL IT A PISS BREAK ANYMORE?

I'm sure someone is going to be a dumbass is still refer to the divas matches as piss breaks, but I think it is time out for all of that. Seriously. I honestly think people just say it because it is the 'cool thing to do' and it makes you popular. How's about you be open-minded and actually watch a divas match before assuming it is going to be a piss break? You're a wrestling fan, right? Then be one! Females can wrestle too. Show them the same respect you do the men.

If you want something to call a piss break, give that to the tag team division. That is the new division that really is pointless. We only have like .... what? Three? Four teams? Right. Can we even call it a division? Lol.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-22-2011, 04:11 AM
I read all of that, for one. And for two, I agree to an extant. I just don't want to pre-determine anything. Hopefully, we do get good matches. Along with Ms. Kong, I'm hoping to get some good stuff out of these women!

jethro
01-22-2011, 04:41 AM
I enjoy watching Laycool match and I think Layla is a talented woman wrestler,I'll also watch Beth,Alicia fox,Eve torres...but not Natalya and Melina.

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Laycool is putting over divas now? Really? I have seriously got to start watching them more often. I usually only watch the Natalya/Beth Phoenix/Melina matches, because they are the most entertaining as wrestlers to me.
Its nice that WWE is giving the divas who aeren't wrestling a match that night airtime, such as Kelly Kelly, by having her put into a storyline with Drew, or as a valet, or manager.

I'm very surprised that you said Alicia Fox put on a great match on Superstars, because I actually watched all of her matches pre-Divas champ, and during her Divas champ run, and she didn't impress me as much as Eve.

efrum
01-22-2011, 05:26 AM
I genuinely missed the Beth Phoenix Vs Layla match last night because I went for a piss break.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
01-22-2011, 06:01 AM
I genuinely missed the Beth Phoenix Vs Layla match last night because I went for a piss break.
Next time, take it on a tag team match, you'll feel better that you did. The divas are MUCH more entertaining now than the tag team matches. Trust me.

Bennyladd1
01-22-2011, 06:05 AM
was there even a tag match on last nights smackdown? and i disagree with you there, i would much rather watch a tag match anyday than any diva match.

HeelTurn
01-22-2011, 06:07 AM
Yeah, there is some dead weight in the divas department but it is on the whole looking better, yet they still only get 2 minutes on Raw (as many matches do). Beth, Natalya, Kong, Gail even the more diva wrestlers like Melina, Eve and Layla are putting on better matches.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
01-22-2011, 06:14 AM
was there even a tag match on last nights smackdown? and i disagree with you there, i would much rather watch a tag match anyday than any diva match.
I'm curious. Why is that? Why do you feel you'd rather watch a sad tag team match over a GOOD WRESTLING QUALITY match in the divas? Please elaborate.

Yeah, there is some dead weight in the divas department but it is on the whole looking better, yet they still only get 2 minutes on Raw (as many matches do). Beth, Natalya, Kong, Gail even the more diva wrestlers like Melina, Eve and Layla are putting on better matches.
I never said it was perfect dude. Yes, it still has flaws, but its GOOD enough to no longer be a piss break. That goes to the tag team division.

HeelTurn
01-22-2011, 06:16 AM
I never said it was perfect dude. Yes, it still has flaws, but its GOOD enough to no longer be a piss break. That goes to the tag team division.

Haha Relax man Im agreeing with you, personally I was never one to take a piss break during a diva's match, theres enough adverts during Raw and Smackdown anyway.

SevenCagedTigers
01-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Okay first off, I have always been against calling diva matches a piss break. I just found it annoying. Yes, I agree that a majority of the diva matches were absolutely horrible last year in 2010. Besides that, they did not really do anything with them but have them do pointless segments and dance around guest hosts. Then when they wrestled they went out there and wrestled in 1 minute matches and so nobody really cared. I understood WHY you guys called it the diva matches piss breaks, even though I still found it annoying.

Well nowadays, we are actually getting good quality matches between these divas. Don't believe me? Go watch the Beth Phoenix vs. Layla match on smackdown. Or go watch the Natalya and Beth Phoenix vs. Laycool Tables match at TLC. Or go watch the Gail Kim vs. Alicia Fox match on Superstars last week. These girls are putting on good matches all over the place. I'm sure we will get a match that will suck eventually, but at least now we are getting good quality matches. I like to see how things work when Awesome Kong debuts on TV. :D

Another thing I've noticed is the fact that LayCool are actually jobbing to other divas nowadays and making them look good. I figured a lot of people would be happy as hell for that, based off of the heat they got last year. Both Layla and Michelle McCool are good wrestlers and are very hot.

Also, they are also putting the divas to good use for once. Melina and Natalya are currently in the midst of a feud and the Bellas are involved in a storyline with them trying to take Daniel Bryan's Virginity. We also got Kelly Kelly involved in a storyline with Drew McIntyre. :D Good stuff indeed All of this on top of the fact that every single one of this is smoking hot .... WHY CALL IT A PISS BREAK ANYMORE?

I'm sure someone is going to be a dumbass is still refer to the divas matches as piss breaks, but I think it is time out for all of that. Seriously. I honestly think people just say it because it is the 'cool thing to do' and it makes you popular. How's about you be open-minded and actually watch a divas match before assuming it is going to be a piss break? You're a wrestling fan, right? Then be one! Females can wrestle too. Show them the same respect you do the men.

If you want something to call a piss break, give that to the tag team division. That is the new division that really is pointless. We only have like .... what? Three? Four teams? Right. Can we even call it a division? Lol.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?

I always wanted to see more involvement between males and females in the WWE. Incorporate the Divas into the males's storylines, not just keep them segregated in their own division. The WWE always felt like a highschool dance where all the girls are on one side and all the boys are on another. I mean look at Melina. After being involved with MNM, she has had no involvement with any other males for what, 3 years now? Gail Kim isn't with anybody. Beth Phoenix was Santino Marella's girlfriend 2 years ago. Kelly Kelly would basically just come out and look pretty.

From what youre saying, it looks like the WWE is involving the women into more of the men's storylines. Maryse is now an official valet. The Bellas are with Bryan, Kelly Kelly has a story with Drew Mckyntire. The whole point of forming a stable is to give new guys, or midcard guys something to do. Likewise, forming relationships between men and women is beneficial because it gives two people something to do. Just look at Kelly Kelly and Drew. I'm glad to finally see Kelly Kelly involved in a storyline for once instead of just coming out and being pretty. And meanwhile the leaders of the division, Natalya and Melina are standing strong and focusing on their program. I think we are living in yet another "high point" in women's wrestling. Two years ago it was TNA, now WWE has taken the spotlight.

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 06:17 AM
I actually do enjoy the divas division more than the tag team division right now. I'm with you on that point.

Bennyladd1
01-22-2011, 06:38 AM
[QUOTE=Wrestling_Deluxe_08;60470]I'm curious. Why is that? Why do you feel you'd rather watch a sad tag team match over a GOOD WRESTLING QUALITY match in the divas? Please elaborate.

I dunno , not to sound sexist, but i just find the divas matches boring, awesome kong might spice things up . but apart from that it doesnt really interest me, i watched smackdowns diva match last night, beth vs layla, and it was alright, nothing special though

steveorton
01-22-2011, 07:38 AM
@WrestlingDeluxe I agree fully dude, since Natalya won the championship the divas have step up their game and most people don't like Laycool but I find them to be entertaining and they draw alot of heat, it's nice to see when a diva comes out the crowd reacts and great post, I'm jus sayin...

xAzureSkye
01-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Wow finally someone agrees with me but even in 2010 they had a lot of matches that werent piss breaks:

Beth vs Michelle Extreme Rules
Mickie vs Michelle April 16th Smackdown
AJ vs Naomi NXT
Gail vs Jillian June 3rd WWE Superstars to name a few

But in 2011 if they keep up what they are donig fans will become a lot more interested in the Divas divsion, i remember at a house show last week Kelly Kelly & Kaitlyn wrestled LayCool & all of them got big pops & during the match the crowd were interested & not dead.

PrimusSucks
01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
So when people make their Wrestlmania cards will we "Want" to see Natalya vs Beth Pheonix for the Divas Title?

jcagosto
01-22-2011, 12:12 PM
I enjoy the divas division more than the tag-team division indeed. Because the tag-team division is non-existant right now. I don't even know who are the tag-team champions for f**ks sake!

CobraNightviper
01-22-2011, 12:32 PM
I went to the bathroom during the raw recap because I already saw that monday I try to get back before the commerical break is over though.
Next time, take it on a tag team match, you'll feel better that you did. The divas are MUCH more entertaining now than the tag team matches. Trust me.

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 05:30 PM
So when people make their Wrestlmania cards will we "Want" to see Natalya vs Beth Pheonix for the Divas Title?

I wanted to see that match. Having it at WM would be fitting, because they are the most talented divas to me.

Los Conquistador
01-22-2011, 05:46 PM
hey

with all this arguing bout whether to piss break during divas matches or tag matches

i may have found a perfect solution

why not piss during commercial breaks
it makes perfect sense now
take piss and watch the whole product

unbelievable!?!

Iron Ape
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I like vaginas.

CobraNightviper
01-22-2011, 11:39 PM
I agree with this
I like vaginas.

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 11:52 PM
hey

with all this arguing bout whether to piss break during divas matches or tag matches

i may have found a perfect solution

why not piss during commercial breaks
it makes perfect sense now
take piss and watch the whole product

unbelievable!?!

In the commercials I go to get food.

jjackson32
01-23-2011, 12:59 AM
there is more than 1 commercial

The Brown One
01-23-2011, 03:54 AM

I get food during one of the commercials. The rest, I change the channel.

C0ptje
01-23-2011, 06:12 AM
I don't agree, i think now, in the WWE, that Melina and Beth Phoenix are the most talented Divas.
But the last weeks, i want to see more Melina.

xAzureSkye
01-23-2011, 11:39 AM
I wanted to see that match. Having it at WM would be fitting, because they are the most talented divas to me.

creative never go for what WE want, the last good Divas match at WM was Mickie vs Trish back in 2006 & thats b'cos they built it up very well, i am hoping this year for Natalya vs Beth/Natalya vs Melina/Beth vs Michelle.

SevenCagedTigers
01-23-2011, 11:40 AM

He gets more then one food

Rich Cranium
01-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey, the other divas are fun to watch in slow motion. ;)

xAzureSkye
01-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Hey, the other divas are fun to watch in slow motion. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XrJ52w7FWw&feature=related & some Knockouts :D

The Brown One
01-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Imagine is Laycool broke up, and had a feud ender at WM! It would be awesome, since they have been together for so long now. But they have a good team going, and are losing matches to others who need wins nowadays too(they are 0-2 to Beth Phoenix on Smackdown), so I like them.

I really don't want to see another Bunnymania match at WM. That was just several sexy women standing there and looking sexy. I want to see divas wrestle.

HeelTurn
01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Beth vs Natalya at Mania, afterwards they shake hands and Awesome Kong makes her way down the ramp and destroys both of them.