PDA

View Full Version : Wasteland

helmsley
01-22-2011, 12:24 AM
the reason of this post is to show my dislike about Wade Barret`s finisher, and I`ll explain why:

If any of the users have ever seen mexican wrestling, you would now that that specific move is used almost in EVERY match, and its only to prepare the other wrestler for a top rope move, never for a pin!!!

Its a very simple move, almost as basic as a suplex and it doesnt look to hurt at all, so I think barret should use another thing, something where he can use his complexion, maybe not something very elaborated, like a running boot, maybe some kind of chokeslam, a variant of f-5 (an inverted f-5 could be great)

anyway, what do you guys think about it and what move would you like barret tu use instead??

TheMadThinker
01-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah, it is a crappy finisher. Half of the people in WWE are using low impact finishers these days.

To his credit he has picked up some pretty big guys though. I think he did wasteland on Mark Henry one time.

He might as well just keep wasteland and add an impressive submission hold to his arsenal for a finisher as well.

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 12:46 AM
What about a flapjack variation? I would like to see that.

sXeKid
01-22-2011, 12:57 AM
You gotta admit Wasteland is a badass name for your finisher ;)
Wasteland isn't that bad a finisher IMO its way better than his top rope elbow drop lol that thing is awful

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 01:09 AM
You gotta admit Wasteland is a badass name for your finisher ;)
Wasteland isn't that bad a finisher IMO its way better than his top rope elbow drop lol that thing is awful

I agree with that. It just looks awkward when he does the elbow drop. Is it his signature, or finisher though?

thedominator92
01-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Everyone hates on this move but I think its decent. He grabs the guys arms and freakin whips you into the ground forcefully. That would knock any guy out, The FU...oh im sorry ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT is much worse. Just my opinion.

PrimusSucks
01-22-2011, 02:02 AM
He needs something different to lead into it, doing the Fireman's Carry into is lame, maybe if he went from Powerslam position into Wasteland it would be better.

Eric Bischoff
01-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Almost all the finishers that requires a fireman carry sucks big time, well except for Test's TKO, Punk's GTS and Noble's Gutbuster. OH of course the F-5 as well.

efrum
01-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Everyone hates on this move but I think its decent. He grabs the guys arms and freakin whips you into the ground forcefully. That would knock any guy out, The FU...oh im sorry ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT is much worse. Just my opinion.

I'm glad someone mentioned that wasteland is better than AA.
Its not a great finisher but it's better than some of the other garbage out there...
Heath Slaters finisher is embarrassing

HeelTurn
01-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Don't see why everyone dislikes this move, sure it doesnt look that impressive, but theres not really many moves if any in the WWE that look awesome, its a safe move to do and thats how WWE likes it.

Bennyladd1
01-22-2011, 06:06 AM
i like the move, but maybe it should be used as his signature, he could definatly pull out a more devistating finishing move.

Mikeyboy7777777
01-22-2011, 07:03 AM
i find the finisher a good fit for barrett for now but if he lasts longer than a year in wwe he needs a new one and i mean from now on

jethro
01-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Barrett is tall,give extra omph to the impact....also a plus if the opponent know how to sell the wasteland finisher.

steveorton
01-22-2011, 07:42 AM
If he adds a submission and makes wasteland his signature I think he would be alright, possible submissions: Lion tamer since his NXT pro was CHRIS JERICHO or a version of the ring of saturn, I'm jus sayin...

SilverGhost
01-22-2011, 08:45 AM
I like the Wasteland, it suits him.

If he did the Widowmaker then Barrett would be a force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wImaQfjXSUM

I'm a mark for this move.

NWOMyGawd
01-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Tell ya what....let Wade Barrett hit the Wasteland on you. Full speed. Lets see how long it takes to get your breath back. It may be used every match in Lucha Libre, but the wrestlers in Lucha Libre also aren't as tall or big as Wade Barrett. I think it fits him well. Granted a submission maneuver would help him out when he has to wrestle bigger wrestlers (i.e. Big Show Kane et al) but the Wasteland is a perfectly accepted finisher as long as the impact is there and the other person sells it properly. Have a Nice Day.

Lowki
01-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Just put the knee trembler on him!!

justin sane
01-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I think it's pretty badass idk what you're all talking about

I'm Awesome
01-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Wasteland is a nice finisher compared to a few of the finishers used today. The only thing that will hurt him is if he can't use it on the Big Show. When he used it on Henry it was aweful. It looks more punishing than a RKO aka generic stunner. Enough of the Cobra gimmick already. That is one of the worst finishers ever!

Tommy Thunder
01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't mind Wasteland at all. He needs a submission finisher though. He attempted to hit the move on Henry, but he botched it pretty bad.
An F5 would be pretty cool for him though, Nobody in WWE has used that move for a while.

Bodom
01-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Why don't they give him a finisher that compliments this bare knuckle background they're always talking about? I've never understood that.

PrimusSucks
01-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Why don't they give him a finisher that compliments this bare knuckle background they're always talking about? I've never understood that.

Same reason Michael Tarver uses a reverse powerslam instead of the Knockout punch, they don't want people copying the Big Show.

CobraNightviper
01-22-2011, 12:44 PM
signature I think because everybody kicks out he usually wins with wasteland.
I agree with that. It just looks awkward when he does the elbow drop. Is it his signature, or finisher though?

CobraNightviper
01-22-2011, 12:46 PM
especially on the same show.
Same reason Michael Tarver uses a reverse powerslam instead of the Knockout punch, they don't want people copying the Big Show.

the wrestling shade
01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
fuck this you are talking about an impactfull move and one he use his hight in easy!!!!! tiger driver(double underhook piledriver)

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=KUe080PeDZs
ow wait iam sorry!!! its banned all around the word like any other version of piledriver fuck this shit :@!!!!!

Los Conquistador
01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
love the wasteland
particularly the name

i feel its about time finishers were toned down a bit

they got to be too flashy and awkward
i.e West Coast pop, Peoples elbow or dragoncanrana

its basic but effective
especially the awkward landing on the hip and shoulder

Los Conquistador
01-22-2011, 05:29 PM

refrencing his bare knuckle background isn't supposed to be move oriented
its supposed to make him seem tough and resiliant

besides
cena is the only brawler that uses strikes to compensate for lack of wrestling

CobraNightviper
01-22-2011, 05:35 PM
what in the hell are you talking about?
fuck this you are talking about an impactfull move and one he use his hight in easy!!!!! tiger driver(double underhook piledriver)

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=KUe080PeDZs
ow wait iam sorry!!! its banned all around the word like any other version of piledriver fuck this shit :@!!!!!

RomanFlare
01-22-2011, 05:38 PM
what in the hell are you talking about?

I think he's trying to rant about how badly he wants to see DB, Punk, or Cena get their neck broken from a piledriver (or so I think).

Honestly, in that video, if the wrestler that received the piledriver wasn't injured, I'm shocked. That was a stiff landing.

Stump
01-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Wasteland is a nice finisher compared to a few of the finishers used today. The only thing that will hurt him is if he can't use it on the Big Show. When he used it on Henry it was aweful. It looks more punishing than a RKO aka generic stunner. Enough of the Cobra gimmick already. That is one of the worst finishers ever!

The Cobra is MEANT to be stupid.

tshizzy34
01-22-2011, 10:44 PM
I kinda like the finisher Wasteland. Nothing especially great about it but kinda cool that he just slams you into the ground kinda violently like. It's like a B+ move to me.

CobraNightviper
01-22-2011, 11:33 PM
yeah I saw that brutal piledriver in the video but I could'nt understand who or what he was ranting about.
I think he's trying to rant about how badly he wants to see DB, Punk, or Cena get their neck broken from a piledriver (or so I think).

Honestly, in that video, if the wrestler that received the piledriver wasn't injured, I'm shocked. That was a stiff landing.

Hesterica
01-23-2011, 03:37 AM
It took Cena out for one Raw and it was one of the best Raw's ever so I ain't complaining. Lol.

Seriously though, the move is decent cause it suits his height. But I do agree he could do something better, like a sitdown chokeslam maybe.

the wrestling shade
01-23-2011, 03:43 AM
exactly my friend. but i didnt mean i wanted t see someone's neck broken hhhhhh i just wish they still allow this kind moves in pro wrestling i mean if you look at wade hights and his power to carry a wrestler... well..... its deffently the right move for him to use. so deadly!, but if its done in the right way no injury would happen and the fans would finaly have the good old feeling "aaaaaaoooowwwhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! he is not getting up after that"

the wrestling shade
01-23-2011, 03:44 AM
i didnt mean i wanted t see someone's neck broken hhhhhh i just wish they still allow this kind moves in pro wrestling i mean if you look at wade hights and his power to carry a wrestler... well..... its deffently the right move for him to use. so deadly!, but if its done in the right way no injury would happen and the fans would finaly have the good old feeling "aaaaaaoooowwwhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! he is not getting up after that"

Lowki
01-24-2011, 04:47 PM
The Cobra is MEANT to be stupid.

I think he meant "viper" as in Randy Orton's gimmick rather than Santino's Cobra.

SilverGhost
01-24-2011, 07:46 PM
It took Cena out for one Raw and it was one of the best Raw's ever so I ain't complaining. Lol.

Seriously though, the move is decent cause it suits his height. But I do agree he could do something better, like a sitdown chokeslam maybe.

I am still puzzled on how you would get seriously injured with the Wasteland. It is impactful but it doesn't really look like it would send someone to the hospital or make a grown person miss a show.

helmsley
07-08-2011, 01:04 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Mis documentos\Mis imágenes\ohoq9.jpg

helmsley
08-20-2011, 02:09 PM
I am still puzzled on how you would get seriously injured with the Wasteland. It is impactful but it doesn't really look like it would send someone to the hospital or make a grown person miss a show.

agree 105%

johnnydropkicks
08-20-2011, 02:33 PM
I like wasteland. alot. it's fast and looks devastating. it's the AA if the AA were actually good.

ed is dead
08-21-2011, 02:36 AM
If any of the users have ever seen mexican wrestling, you would now that that specific move is used almost in EVERY match, and its only to prepare the other wrestler for a top rope move, never for a pin!!!

you're right, except they don't perform the move with the same speed and viciousness as barret does. barret's height also adds to the move's impact. he's not using the move in the same context as a luchador would, luchadores use a lot of power moves and really don't sell them, they kick out of a lot of stuff an american wrestler would have trouble kicking out in an american wrestling style match. anyways, i think the move suits him and the name is pretty fuckin' cool. he could use a submission finisher though, almost everybody's required to have a submission hold in their arsenal nowadays.