PDA

View Full Version : TNA's Greatest Match

THE_CRIPPLER
01-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Alot of people on here will tell you that Samoa Joe and Kurt angles matches were the Best TNA has to offer.... but this State ment is far from the truth, they were well under expectations.....

Some Will say that it was the Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles Vs Christopher Daniels match at Unbreakable 05......Closer to the Truth this match is still lacking compared to the best match in TNA's history.

The match im refering to is the Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles Turning Point- December 2005- X Division Title.....This match is very highly underated and without a doubt the best match in TNA's history and has No peers.

The X Diviion was built on AJ Styles and Chris Daniels.... They had plent of wars and intense matches threw the years but when Samoa Joe came alone, he dominated everyone in his path...... Joe was a Badass in every way, and one day he crossed the line with Daniels in a match, so much that Daniels most hated opponent at that point AJ styles had to come in for the rescue.

Styles was sickened by Joe's Actions and challenged him to a match... Cause no matter how much was on the line or how heated the rivalrie was, The was a code of conduct in the X-divison, it was a spirit of compition, no one tried to take anyones career or livly hood away, no one hurt people for fun or to make a name for them self.... Joe Cross that line and even though Styles didnt like Daniels he respected him unlike Joe.

The werid thing is at this point AJ Styles did everything there was to be done in TNA, fought everyone and Joe was a new comer in TNA..... but still Styles was considered a extreme Underdog and people worried about his safty..... Joe was a new guy in TNA and he was fighting a seasoned Veteran of TNA, there top guy and he was still the odds on favorite to win.

This match was incredible, Joe beat AJ with in a inch of his life or even closer.... Samoa Joe dominated but he could not put Styles away cause he had too much guts and determanation to be put away by Joe.... but Joe was to Strong for AJ to over come and he had to wait till he made a mistake and hit a big move.... But in the match we found out that not only was Joe Tough and brutal but he had alot of heart and determanation and would not be beat..... he was too much For AJ styles and even though he gave him the hardest fight of his TNA career the monster that is Joe still overcame Styles..... Making Joe look unbeatable and showing that AJ Styles can almost beat a unbeatable monster..

The match was incredible, alot of hard hitting brutal moves, Great story telling, Well timed fighting spirit moments, Great wrestling and counter wrestling.... For the life of me how does anyone debate that this is the best TNA match in its history....

In 2005 WWE had Batista, Randy Orton, a Green John Cena, HHH and JBL on top of the card....... in a time where we had ok HHH and batista matches, terrible not primed yet Orton matches, a Cena that wasnt quite in his skin yet matches.......... The 2005 area wasnt the best for WWE and TNA was on a huge hot streak with Samoa Joe.

The sad thing about this is in 5 years they made Joe a glorfied Jobber for all new Ex WWE talent. then painted him. then had him get kidnapped by ninjas for no ryhme or reason. now joe is floundering in mid card and lost all passion he had for wrestling cause TNAs stupidty.

Christopher Daniels was jobbed out and then given a dumb comedy act as a curry man and fired.

AJ Styles was changed to heel and made to be a Ric Flair wanna be killing the charector that AJ did best which was a good hearted, talented underdog who can over come odds.

HolyJose2391
01-21-2011, 11:40 PM
oh my god you're right! this is underrated and I remember this storyline it was right after Joe "crippled" Daniels and AJ came to his aid this was so good that's why I fell in love with TNA

Saiga
01-22-2011, 12:57 AM
i enjoyed anything by Senshi vs. AJ Styles stuff

Mikeyboy7777777
01-22-2011, 07:00 AM
yh this is what made me watch tna too such a great storyline and with samoa joe i was like who is this big fast dude:O

NWOMyGawd
01-22-2011, 08:42 AM
I didn't start watching TNA until a little bit after this match so I can't tell you for sure whether or not it was the greatest match as I didn't get the chance to jump on the anticipation of it all. I can go back and watch it now....but things just aren't the same. What I can tell you is this. The greatest TNA match that I have seen is any of the Kurt Angle/Desmond Wolfe matches. Or even Angle/Anderson in the cage. Or how about any of the MCMG/Beer Money best of 5 matches. These were all great matches and were made great by the wrestlers in them. Everyone has their favorite so to flat out say that people are wrong......makes you indeed wrong. Glad to have your opinion, but don't shoot others down. Also, work on grammar and spelling. It will help get you point across. Hell, maybe I would've even let it go if I didn't have to read everything twice just to get the point. Have a nice day.

mrbluto
01-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Daffney V Hamada last year was one of the best matches TNA ever had. I do agree AJ Styles has been involved in great TNA matches

eboy
01-22-2011, 12:14 PM
has ink inc vs eric young & orlando jordon from bfg been put in the hat yet

ona a more seroius note i 100% agree with this thread awsome match

CobraNightviper
01-22-2011, 12:59 PM
I miss the early days of tna thats why I can hardly watch it now because of what it has become.

THE_CRIPPLER
01-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I didn't start watching TNA until a little bit after this match so I can't tell you for sure whether or not it was the greatest match as I didn't get the chance to jump on the anticipation of it all. I can go back and watch it now....but things just aren't the same. What I can tell you is this. The greatest TNA match that I have seen is any of the Kurt Angle/Desmond Wolfe matches. Or even Angle/Anderson in the cage. Or how about any of the MCMG/Beer Money best of 5 matches. These were all great matches and were made great by the wrestlers in them. Everyone has their favorite so to flat out say that people are wrong......makes you indeed wrong. Glad to have your opinion, but don't shoot others down. Also, work on grammar and spelling. It will help get you point across. Hell, maybe I would've even let it go if I didn't have to read everything twice just to get the point. Have a nice day.

yeah in case you didnt notice this is a message board, its not a book report..... also debating which match is better and whos better is what message boards are all about, not correcting someones spelling or grammer. so unless you have a debate why this match isnt the best TNA match or atleast see the match then i really dont have a damn thing to say to you

TJHawkesybaby
01-22-2011, 07:37 PM
The first ever match for the X division title, double elimination match... AJ Styles, Jerry Lynne, Low-Ki and Psicosis? That was fookin aweeeesome! hmmm...

The 6 sides of steel between AMW and xXx looser splits up... with the infamous cage walk? not just a spot fest! a brilliant feud/story and probs the best match in tna if not definitely the best tag match... which brings me to my next one...

BeerMoney and MCMG.... there 5 match series a few of them were just epic (if not all of them)....

Im gonna throw this one into the mix also... Angle v Hardy the first one that "went the distance"....???

mmm...

Any Angle vs Joe match as said at the start of the thread there feuds were just too good!!! and some of the matches were just too good also...

but mine if i had to choose...... is AJ vs Daniels vs Joe at unbreakable 2005 triple threat for X Division Title.... best story, best feud greatest match... i think so! Only TNA match ever to get 5 stars from meltzer if im not mistaken???

Just for the record I fookin love this thread!!!

nrb6304
01-22-2011, 07:56 PM
GREAT THREAD IMO.

I LOVED the Samoa Joe/AJ Styles match at Turning Point 2005, infact I still have that PPV on VHS.

Abyss vs. Sabu in the Barbed Wire was AMAZING as well.

XxX vs. AMW in the 6 Sides of Steel was AMAZING too.

BUT the GREATEST of GREAT of GREAT of GREAT of GREAT was, and IMO, ALWAYS will be: Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels Unbreakable 2005. It DID get 5 stars from Meltzer, but you know what...SCREW HIM!! I give that match 10 stars. And would hold that match next to: HBK vs. Undertaker WM 25, HBK vs. Bret Hart WM 12, Chris Beniot vs. Kurt Angle (ANY OF THEM), etc.

THE_CRIPPLER
01-22-2011, 08:00 PM
The first ever match for the X division title, double elimination match... AJ Styles, Jerry Lynne, Low-Ki and Psicosis? That was fookin aweeeesome! hmmm...

The 6 sides of steel between AMW and xXx looser splits up... with the infamous cage walk? not just a spot fest! a brilliant feud/story and probs the best match in tna if not definitely the best tag match... which brings me to my next one...

BeerMoney and MCMG.... there 5 match series a few of them were just epic (if not all of them)....

Im gonna throw this one into the mix also... Angle v Hardy the first one that "went the distance"....???

mmm...

Any Angle vs Joe match as said at the start of the thread there feuds were just too good!!! and some of the matches were just too good also...

but mine if i had to choose...... is AJ vs Daniels vs Joe at unbreakable 2005 triple threat for X Division Title.... best story, best feud greatest match... i think so! Only TNA match ever to get 5 stars from meltzer if im not mistaken???

Just for the record I fookin love this thread!!!

Didnt AMW wanted and XXX have 2 cage matches they were considered the best TNA match at the time?

TJHawkesybaby
01-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Didnt AMW wanted and XXX have 2 cage matches they were considered the best TNA match at the time?

The one with the cage walk, loser splits and all that Jazz!

nrb6304
01-22-2011, 08:04 PM

Well they had the very first Cage match in TNA history and then went on to have the second Six Sides of Steel ever, and yes BOTH were f**king jaw dropping

THE_CRIPPLER
01-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Well they had the very first Cage match in TNA history and then went on to have the second Six Sides of Steel ever, and yes BOTH were f**king jaw dropping

yeah when TNA was a alternative..... WCW was the same, it was 2 diffrent wrestling shows (wwf being the other)on every week, with 2 diff styles, then it started becoming a cheap verison if what it once was, just like TNA becoming what WCW was on its last legs....... i just wish Samoa Joe gets the chance he deserves weather its in WWE or TNA, such ashame to waste his talent, and he looks to have lost all his drive and desire.