PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman on TNA.

SilverGhost
01-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Now some of us know of Hogan and Bischoff's TNA but I wanna know what would happen if Paul Heyman was in TNA.
He obviously has plans for it and I would rather see his vision in TNA to make it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPTSmRU3tkg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMy726EVpqk&feature=related

The second video, knowing Paul Heyman he would give exceptions to a few guys. You know who.

thedominator92
01-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Heyman 4 ROH

SilverGhost
01-21-2011, 07:19 PM
There would some sacrifices but Heyman works long term. And it is pretty understandable.

Heyman would be an asset for any promotion.

HeelTurn
01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
i would love to see Heyman in TNA. Of course it would mean no more Bisch/Hogan/Russo which makes it even better, sure Heyman isnt perfect (he has made mistakes) but he would undoubtedly be better imo.

SilverGhost
01-21-2011, 07:36 PM
i would love to see Heyman in TNA. Of course it would mean no more Bisch/Hogan/Russo which makes it even better, sure Heyman isnt perfect (he has made mistakes) but he would undoubtedly be better imo.

I would think so too. He has the to push the young unknowns to be stars. That is what I wanna see.

jcagosto
01-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Well, I think in terms of creativity he is awesome. His failures are more on the administrative side. If they put him in control of creative in TNA, that could be great for them.

thedominator92
01-21-2011, 08:58 PM
as long as there is no more of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of_T3shkCi8&feature=related

SilverGhost
01-21-2011, 09:11 PM
The Crucifixition Angle.....I thought it would be Mass Transit.

Rebuttal: Taker crucified Austin. The only difference is that it wasn't a cross but still.....

Necroyeti
01-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Heyman 4 ROH
Oh HELL no.

(Not implying that Heyman is shit, but he wouldn't fit in with ROH's style)

SilverGhost
01-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Oh HELL no.

(Not implying that Heyman is shit, but he wouldn't fit in with ROH's style)

I would see Heyman on TNA than on ROH. ROH is growing well.

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 01:04 AM
I wonder why TNA didn't get Paul Heyman.

PrimusSucks
01-22-2011, 02:36 AM

Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo still wanted control.

thedag
01-22-2011, 03:25 AM

he wanted full control. he wanted to be able to fire and hire anyone. he wasnted 5 years to build it. dixie said no.

Murphdogg4
01-22-2011, 05:00 AM
he wanted full control. he wanted to be able to fire and hire anyone. he wasnted 5 years to build it. dixie said no.

Paul E knew if he didn't ask for full control he would be sabataged from the get go. Hopefully once Hogan and Bish's contract expires they will get smart enough to hire Heyman.

SilverGhost
01-22-2011, 08:49 AM

That is one mistake Dixie is paying for now. Though its my guess.

If she did give Heyman control, TNA would be alot better. Maybe somethings questionable, but better than TNA now.

HeelTurn
01-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Heyman knows he couldnt fix the problem in 5 minutes like Hogan and Bischoff thought. Its not like brining in big names is going to work, or moving the show to go head to head with Raw. Give him a couple of years and TNA could be something special.

I'm Awesome
01-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Heyman would give TNA the best shot at competing with the WWE. He could really take advantage of WWE's PG rating.

the wrestling shade
01-22-2011, 01:40 PM
when iam watching this videos and just watching what was is in paul heymans head i would say DAMN!! i wish this guy is still with the professional wrestling

Rich Cranium
01-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I agree with everyone but to give someone a 5 year deal in such a position is a huge risk being that 5 years in the wrestling world is a very long time and maybe she looked at ECW at thought, 'wow, he paid his guys with bogus checks'.

SilverGhost
01-22-2011, 03:45 PM
I agree with everyone but to give someone a 5 year deal in such a position is a huge risk being that 5 years in the wrestling world is a very long time and maybe she looked at ECW at thought, 'wow, he paid his guys with bogus checks'.

You do realize its Paul Heyman and not someone else. He risked it at ECW and became known for its own product. If he did at ECW he can surely do it again. Plus he has the solid plan to make TNA big.

Rich Cranium
01-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Yes, he did make ECW a great product, a hardcore product. My point was that the 5 year deal was a big deal to Dixie.

nrb6304
01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
I love how everybody is dead set that Paul E's plan is THE plan for success for TNA. And think that just because it's Paul Heyman and he has a VERY LOGICAL plan it's THE plan for TNA.

There is no DEFINATIVE PLAN that will help TNA's product. There is no ONE PROBLEM with TNA's product.

There is no book that says "HOW TO RUN A WRESTLING COMPNAY" there's no blog online. You don't know how to run it, I don't know how to run it, Eric Bischoff doesn't know, Paul Heyman doesn't know, and neither does Vince McMahon. All you can do is what you think is right and hope it stays around.

Now Paul E's plan is a damn good one, but there's no telling if it would be THE plan to work, unless it was put into motion.

68wPayne
01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Dixie could have realized what Heyman was able to do with almost no financial support, little to no TV deal, very few sponsors, and a bingo hall to work out of and he made a product that was able to revolutionize the wrestling world and become a major player in the wrestling scene. If Dixie was smart she could have said "if he did all that with honest to God nothing, imagine what he could do with our finances, our TV deal, our sponsors, our arenas." IMO it was a very stupid business move to be caught up in Paul saying he couldn't fix it overnight, and she was stupid for thinking Hogan and Bischoff could. Bringing in Hogan was enough to make people turn the channel for a minute to see the hype, but once the hype was over it was back to WWE where Vince is honestly trying to create new stars and try while not brand spankin' new ideas, at least they are fresh.

Rich Cranium
01-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I love how everybody is dead set that Paul E's plan is THE plan for success for TNA. And think that just because it's Paul Heyman and he has a VERY LOGICAL plan it's THE plan for TNA.

There is no DEFINATIVE PLAN that will help TNA's product. There is no ONE PROBLEM with TNA's product.

There is no book that says "HOW TO RUN A WRESTLING COMPNAY" there's no blog online. You don't know how to run it, I don't know how to run it, Eric Bischoff doesn't know, Paul Heyman doesn't know, and neither does Vince McMahon. All you can do is what you think is right and hope it stays around.

Now Paul E's plan is a damn good one, but there's no telling if it would be THE plan to work, unless it was put into motion.

Thank you, you explained everything I tried to say! Paul Heyman did good things, but to rectify a company, not so sure!

nrb6304
01-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Thank you, you explained everything I tried to say! Paul Heyman did good things, but to rectify a company, not so sure!

I'm not saying he COULDN'T do it, but I just don't believe PAUL HEYMAN IS THE JESUS CHRIST OF WRESTLING!

He COULD do it, but it would take A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OF WORK.

And IF he did do it, it wouldn't be because HE'S PAUL HEYMAN. It'd be because TNA AND PAUL HEYMAN did A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT OF WORK!

SilverGhost
01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm not saying he COULDN'T do it, but I just don't believe PAUL HEYMAN IS THE JESUS CHRIST OF WRESTLING!

He COULD do it, but it would take A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OF WORK.

And IF he did do it, it wouldn't be because HE'S PAUL HEYMAN. It'd be because TNA AND PAUL HEYMAN did A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT OF WORK!

TNA has the Anti-Christ......why not purge it with Paul Heyman? xD

I know Heyman wouldn't turn things around in a snap. I do know that it would take time. But the fans and viewers would see TNA get a bit better every week, though that is my guess.

WWTNA Mark
01-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Dixie is just stupid. She lets Vince Russ, Hogan, and Eric into her company to "help" change TNA for the better but she can't bring in Paul Heymen to TNA? But she knows how to run an organisation.:( Just saying.

THE_CRIPPLER
01-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Honestly Paul Heyman had some dumb things to say in his interview....
Getting reid of anyone around or over 40 is stupid, like Jericho said you cant determine everyones shelf life, people all have different shelf life.... People like Chris Jericho, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels are much better in to there 40's ..... Eddie Gurereo was incredible and he was around 40..... Beniot was still as good as he ever was at 40.... Kurt Angle is still a big asset to TNA at 40..... So no i dont beilve the end all be all is young 20 year old guys, HHH can still go, guys in there 40s can still go. just depends on the person not the number....... If it was up to Heyman WWE wouldnt have those amazing Michaels and Jericho matches and there intesne feud... Taker and Michaels back to back WM feud..... The HBK and Flair moment.

Paul Heyman is good at hiding peoples flaws and bring out there quialties...... He should write Stories lines and be a advisor not run a company...... Your talking about a guy that gave Sandman, Justin Credible and Shane Douglas a championship when he had guys like Rob Van Damn, Chris Beniot, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Mick Foley and Eddie Gurrero on his roster..... Heyman never pushed these men to main event or even had you beileve they had a chance at the championship. but hell he gave Al Snow a big PPV main event.

lostbot101
01-24-2011, 02:34 AM
I don't think heyman would be that good for tna. and this is the reason why.
he seem's to want to ditch all of the older wrestlers these days. But if he would
have done that back when ecw came out with guys life terry funk .ecw might
have never gotten as far as it did.I don't think the older guys need to always be in
the spotlight . but at the same time they still have so much to offer to the wrestling
business.
I think it's time for pro wrestling to find someone new .we don't need the same guys thats
has been running the business for the last 15 years.it hasn't gotten people anyware

Rassling_Fan
01-24-2011, 06:41 PM
He does bring a point. If they brought the old guys out and made them want to see MCMG Vs Beer Money best of 5 series (as the main event) would have really been good.

Iron Ape
01-24-2011, 10:41 PM
I think Heyman's point with getting rid of anyone over 40 makes perfect sense when you consider that none of these established stars have really made the company any bigger, so they're essentially being paid more than everyone else for no reason at all. I mean, if you can accomplish the same thing for half of the cost, why wouldn't you?

TNA needed to start from scratch using fresh ingredients, slow simmering to allow time for all of their ingredients to amalgamate and develop; doing such would have allowed for a delicious, hearty, and wholly unique product with robust, intense flavors full of depth and complexity. Unfortunately, mid-stew, they invited too many cooks to the kitchen, and they all brought conventional, overpriced pantry staples (well past their freshness date) that don't really compliment one another when muddled and bubbling away together in the pot.

SilverGhost
01-25-2011, 02:44 AM
He would keep Kurt and Sting....but that is my guess.

Iron Ape
01-25-2011, 03:03 AM
He would keep Kurt and Sting....but that is my guess.
Considering that they're probably two of the three priciest guys in TNA, I wouldn't bet on that. He'd probably hold on to Angle, mainly because he's arguably the best wrestler in the world, but I don't see Heyman justifying keeping around him and Stinger when neither one of their expensive asses have brought the company any kind of a new audience.

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Considering that they're probably two of the three priciest guys in TNA, I wouldn't bet on that. He'd probably hold on to Angle, mainly because he's arguably the best wrestler in the world, but I don't see Heyman justifying keeping around him and Stinger when neither one of their expensive asses have brought the company any kind of a new audience.

Angle can deliver best matches with anyone. Even with YOSHIHIKO. (Youtube him if you haven't seen him xD)

I guess you are right with both but I do see Heyman holding on to Angle for a bit.

lostbot101
01-26-2011, 09:38 PM

I thank thats wrong because Sting has brought the company a tv audience
remember if not for sting they would not be spike tv right now.
I never watched tna befor sting. I didn't know what it was

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 09:47 PM

I doubt it was JUST Sting.

Stinger187
01-26-2011, 09:49 PM

It wasn't just Sting he's good but not that good XD

Rich Cranium
01-26-2011, 10:01 PM
It wasn't just Sting he's good but not that good XD

Really? Sting is not that good? Maybe not now in his older age, but how do you think he got here now if he's not that good?

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Really? Sting is not that good? Maybe not now in his older age, but how do you think he got here now if he's not that good?

I think he means that he(Sting) wasn't the SOLE reason why TNA has viewers and such.

lostbot101
01-26-2011, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4viyoTj_tA

jeff jarrett has even said if not for sting tna may not be where they are right now

SilverGhost
01-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Apart from Sting's TNA work, he was just there to expand TNA but take in account that he wasn't the ONLY star there.

Even if Sting wasn't there, TNA would still grow.

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 08:36 AM

He's a factor but not the only reason! I love Sting he's one of my all time favorites!

Iron Ape
01-27-2011, 03:59 PM
The tv deal being contingent upon Sting's involvement doesn't mean that he's brought them an audience. All it means is that Spike executives thought he had enough star power to exploit and take a chance on.

And you applying your micro experience (of not having heard of TNA before Sting) on a macro level (implying that the same must have been true for everyone else) is sort of foolish and illogical.

Iron Ape
01-27-2011, 04:03 PM
jeff jarrett has even said if not for sting tna may not be where they are right now
Hahaha. Dude, when has Jarrett been interviewed and not tried to paint a picture of everything in TNA being a bed of roses? The guy goes out of his way to kiss ass and racketeer bullshit every chance he gets.

WWTNA Mark
01-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Hahaha. Dude, when has Jarrett been interviewed and not tried to paint a picture of everything in TNA being a bed of roses? The guy goes out of his way to kiss ass and racketeer bullshit every chance he gets.

This. Jarrett tries to cover up every little hole in TNA but the point is that he ain't fooling any of us. I don't know what goes on in TNA but I do know that what he says about his relationship with Kurt, Eric, and Hogan including TNA's finances are bullshit.