PDA

View Full Version : RR Equation: 40 = ? Fillers?

Rich Cranium
01-21-2011, 04:25 PM
In past Royal Rumbles, there has always been the filler role as it was just too hard for them to select 30 participants as of course there are those on the roster who are already occupied that night so they came up with the surprise entrants. I was just thinking with this year's Royal Rumble having 40 individuals, how many of the participants do you think will merely play the role of filler, aka the ones you know won't win the event?

CGBigMan
01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
between 15 and 25 id say

efrum
01-21-2011, 05:11 PM
About 33! 10 characters

Lowki
01-21-2011, 05:14 PM
39 if Cena is in there.

arsenhole
01-21-2011, 05:27 PM
do you really think they would go to 40 participants just so they could give chavo guerrero an extra paycheck? i don't it is my honest opinion that this rumble will be no different than others except there will be 10 more ppl and those ppl will be members of both the nexus and the corre that imo is why the rumble was extended to get them all in there and not have it seem like there are soo many of them and just a few other guys and btw cena is NOT winning this rumble

The Brown One
01-21-2011, 05:34 PM
There must be 10 extra men, due to Nexus. They have added several members onto the rosters, so WWE must let them in, since they are here to stay anyway. I think that you can still have a 40 man Royal Rumble, that incorporates top stars, returns, and several midcarders, who have won a title, or who have done well/are doing well. Fillers to me would be Santino, even though hes a tagteam champion right now.

SilverGhost
01-21-2011, 05:36 PM
do you really think they would go to 40 participants just so they could give chavo guerrero an extra paycheck? i don't it is my honest opinion that this rumble will be no different than others except there will be 10 more ppl and those ppl will be members of both the nexus and the corre that imo is why the rumble was extended to get them all in there and not have it seem like there are soo many of them and just a few other guys and btw cena is NOT winning this rumble

I believe this as well.

HeelTurn
01-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Im expecting some legends to pop up, Steamboat, Piper etc. Finlay may even get a go to, and Khali, so quite a few.

steveorton
01-21-2011, 05:51 PM
My picks for this year's winner are: HHH or CM punk, I wish Morrison would win it but I doubt they will give him that honor as yet, I'm jus sayin...

Daniel Bryan
01-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Im expecting some legends to pop up, Steamboat, Piper etc. Finlay may even get a go to, and Khali, so quite a few.

unfortunately there is no physical way steamboat could be in it... if i remember correctly he had a major heart attack or stroke a few months ago.... if we ever see him in the ring again it will be something like bret harts matches when he came back last year

Kashdinero
01-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Filler's have never bothered me, when it comes to the WWE/WWF I've always (with a few exceptions) preferred the Mid-lower card. The Main Event style in VinnieLand just doesn't do it for me. Expect Kane's record of 11 eliminations to be broken, Also, mass elimination of The Corre/Nexus members at one point, WWE just can't help themselves when it comes to making these guys look weak!

jman
01-21-2011, 06:34 PM
i think wwe confirmed about 23 on there website i read so heres hoping for a few surprises maybe booker t???

HeelTurn
01-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Filler's have never bothered me, when it comes to the WWE/WWF I've always (with a few exceptions) preferred the Mid-lower card. The Main Event style in VinnieLand just doesn't do it for me. Expect Kane's record of 11 eliminations to be broken, Also, mass elimination of The Corre/Nexus members at one point, WWE just can't help themselves when it comes to making these guys look weak!

I hope Kane is the one to break his own record, really dont want to see Cena do that.

Kashdinero
01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I hope Kane is the one to break his own record, really dont want to see Cena do that.

I was actually hoping for the same thing! Cena breaking the record is not something that would sit well with me.... I think I'd prefer to see HHH break it over Big John!

SevenCagedTigers
01-21-2011, 10:20 PM
There must be 10 extra men, due to Nexus. They have added several members onto the rosters, so WWE must let them in, since they are here to stay anyway. I think that you can still have a 40 man Royal Rumble, that incorporates top stars, returns, and several midcarders, who have won a title, or who have done well/are doing well. Fillers to me would be Santino, even though hes a tagteam champion right now.

You forgot to mention Legends. Theres always Legends, like Tatanka, lol

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Tatanka, Sgt. Slaughter, Jimmy Snuka. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they can still compete.

rko619
01-22-2011, 02:22 AM
i think wwe confirmed about 23 on there website i read so heres hoping for a few surprises maybe booker t???

booker is goin to tna for the mem storyline .

The Brown One
01-22-2011, 03:36 AM
booker is goin to tna for the mem storyline .

Its not even confirmed yet.

Lowki
01-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Steamboat had an aneurysm so it's likely we wont ever see him in a physical capacity again, There's too much risk.

I don't think there will be many big returns if any. Might see a triple H run in but returns like Batista, Jericho, Christian are very low imo that's just me being pessimistic. I wouldn't be shocked to see Tarver, Young and sheffield form a little team (if sheffield returns). I think that we will probably see some NXT 2 and 4 rookies in there though. The main reason for the 40 is most likely due to the huge amount of young talent that has been called up in the past year or so. I wouldn't put it past the WWE to have some kind of undertaker interference against Kane (similar to his return in 2004)
There are some that havn't appeared on Raw/Smackdown in a while that i think are possible; Khali, Finlay, Regal, Abraham washington,
As well as stupid entries for comic relief- Hornswoggle, Ricardo Rodriguez,

From the trainers/legends there's only a few i think that could be utilised: Val Venis, Kidman, Noble, Dusty rhodes, sgt slaughter.
If there's surprises, then they will come from injured superstars - Bourne, Christian, Sheffield, Mercury etc or Legends.
Some wildcards that are apparantly due to bypass development could be Amazing Kong/El Hijo.