PDA

View Full Version : A new type of professional wrestling? (video link inside)

Extremo
01-21-2011, 03:26 AM
So I was roaming this mma site called middleeasy.com and they gave a link to a sambo freestyle video and I noticed that the "match" could easily be transferred to be a professional wrestling match...watching this kind of reminded me of when Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko would trade grappling moves in a continuous rhythm and once they finished a set, the crowd would cheer and applaud their efforts while they stood 8 feet from each other staring each one down...the following video features some pretty innovative grappling and if I knew Vince, I would tell him about these guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxe6Z7e0ywA&feature=player_embedded#!

Rich Cranium
01-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I just don't think it would carry over in today's wrestling. Look at most of Bryan's matches, they are the best I've seen in the WWE in a long time yet the crowd is silent!

The Brown One
01-21-2011, 05:09 PM
The crowd lives and feeds off gimmicks now, more than they do good wrestling. Cena says anything, and the roof will be blown off the building.

SilverGhost
01-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Kozlov knows this type of wrestling. If WWE would let him, he would amaze people with Sambo wrestling.

Extremo
01-22-2011, 03:13 AM
I just don't think it would carry over in today's wrestling. Look at most of Bryan's matches, they are the best I've seen in the WWE in a long time yet the crowd is silent!

And that's the bad thing nowadays...it seems as if the actual art is going away and wrestlers like Bryan and Morrison (among others) are still showing some light, but overall, barely

The crowd lives and feeds off gimmicks now, more than they do good wrestling. Cena says anything, and the roof will be blown off the building.

With little kiddies screams...Man I hate that...

Chris Jericho made his WWF debut, we heard a epic mostly manly YEA!!!!!!

John Cena's music hits and we hear eeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Kozlov knows this type of wrestling. If WWE would let him, he would amaze people with Sambo wrestling.

This is true...it is very unfortunate that these talents are hid away by the WWE...very underutilized:(