PDA

View Full Version : Nation Of Domination v2

Danny92
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Does anyone else think that with all the current black superstars stuck in the mid card that a new generation of NOD could be made ? Kofi could be pushed in the same way that The Rock was being the IC champion at the time and looking at Ezekiel Jackson just reminds me of Ahmed Johnson in size and ruthlessness.

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Big Zeke is in a feud with Big Show right now isn't he? I think he'l be fine where hes at right now. They look to be taking him to the mainevent, because hes taking on a main eventer right now.

For the african american wrestlers stuck in midcard, as you said, I would even add those who have gone back down to FCW, or are wrestling dark matches for Raw/Smackdown.
Like Kofi(I don't know what hes going on for him right now, unless hes in a feud with Swagger), Darren Young, Percy Watson, and maybe Tarver when he returns.

THE_CRIPPLER
01-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Does anyone else think that with all the current black superstars stuck in the mid card that a new generation of NOD could be made ? Kofi could be pushed in the same way that The Rock was being the IC champion at the time and looking at Ezekiel Jackson just reminds me of Ahmed Johnson in size and ruthlessness.

But they need a strong and fearsome mouth piece like Ron simmons or some rising huge superstar that can carry load like The Rock, these men could handle a leaders postion but what Black wrestler in WWE could fill a postion like that?

alexrules01
01-20-2011, 11:24 PM
And get Shelton back! And the group can be led by.... THE GREAT ONE!
The Rock could come back and be like "I'm real unhappy at how my brothers are being treated, and we on a crusade" or somthing like that. Everyone expects if The Rock returns, he'd be a huge face... would be awesome if he was flatout heel mode

TheMadThinker
01-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I think all of the black wrestlers in WWE are doing fine just the way they are. It is refreshing to me when the WWE is not trying to portray every black wrestler as a rapper, thug, or some kind of militant. Let these men capitalize on their own personalities and strengths and be their own person and not just some preconceived label.

THE_CRIPPLER
01-21-2011, 12:54 AM
I think all of the black wrestlers in WWE are doing fine just the way they are. It is refreshing to me when the WWE is not trying to portray every black wrestler as a rapper, thug, or some kind of militant. Let these men capitalize on their own personalities and strengths and be their own person and not just some preconceived label.

Cryme Tyme

R truth

Kofi Kingston as a stereo type easy going islande from jamica

Kashdinero
01-21-2011, 01:37 AM
This thread is wrong on so many different levels. I, for one, hope it gets closed. That is all.

Robstar
01-21-2011, 02:30 AM
I can't close it just because the topic is stupid! ;)

WWE will never, ever do another race based stable. There are just too many things that can be wrong with angles based on race

The Brown One
01-21-2011, 02:35 AM

WWE will never, ever do another race based stable. There are just too many things that can be wrong with angles based on race

Even if theres no racist promos or anything like that, you know theres going to be some pissed of lady calling in and complaining about it.

SilverGhost
01-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Even if theres no racist promos or anything like that, you know theres going to be some pissed of lady calling in and complaining about it.

Cena and Orton are not on, thats why.

As long as this thread just stays just talking about a stable then its ok.

mouse
01-21-2011, 04:12 AM

I seem to recall a recent stable called the Hart Dynasty...and by definition, Canadians are a race.

Murphdogg4
01-21-2011, 04:34 AM
But they need a strong and fearsome mouth piece like Ron simmons or some rising huge superstar that can carry load like The Rock, these men could handle a leaders postion but what Black wrestler in WWE could fill a postion like that?

R Truth could be the mouth piece and finally get a chance to shine.

The Brown One
01-21-2011, 05:14 AM
R Truth could be the mouth piece and finally get a chance to shine.

The only problem is..he does short promos..which always involve the word "Truth" in them. e.g.Truth is..the crowd are sick of hearing you come out here week after week and...

steveorton
01-21-2011, 08:06 AM
@ The brown One thats the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth lol, I'm jus sayin...

ToWhomItConcerns.
01-21-2011, 09:27 AM
ok so i asked this question like last week when the last NoD topic was up but i don't think i checked back for an answer so forgive me if its already been answered in a previous post...

why is it that every 6-8 months people want another Nation Of Domination? its like people in the IWC assume the only way for a black superstar to get over is to start his own group with other angry black men. don't get me wrong i enjoyed the original NoD its just as a black guy who already feels like blacks aren't always taken seriously in wrestling i wonder why anybody would want a NoD v.2

KJ PUNK
01-21-2011, 10:54 AM
I seem to recall a recent stable called the Hart Dynasty...and by definition, Canadians are a race.

Technically they're a Nationality, not a race :P

Carlos Octavian
01-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Personally, I think Bobby Lashley broke to mold of the archetype black wrestler. Yes, you still have gimmicks like R-Truth and Cryme Tyme, but in my opinion if they made more characters like Lashley, then I think more black wrestlers would be elevated. Also it seems to me that the current roster of African American wrestlers lack the mic skills of thier predecessors like The Rock and Booker T. Shelton Benjamin will always be a prime example that technical ability can only get you SO far.

mouse
01-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Technically they're a Nationality, not a race :P

Taken from the dictionary:

race 1 (rs)
n.
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution

Yes, they are a race.

Stump
01-21-2011, 12:44 PM

Wait...Canadians are a race? I thought they were a nationality. That's like saying Americans are a race, or Mexicans. Not so. Anyone who is a citizen of Canada is a Canadian. It isnt a race, sorry.

xAzureSkye
01-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Cryme Tyme

R truth

Kofi Kingston as a stereo type easy going islande from jamica

& Naomi as a girl from the ghetto lol

Rich Cranium
01-21-2011, 12:59 PM
I had thought the WWE were on to something when they teamed the Uso's with Tamina as sort of an Islander's rendition. It would have been great if they could have brought in the Uso's father, Rikishi!

hystrix
01-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Taken from the dictionary:

race 1 (rs)
n.
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution

Yes, they are a race.

No they are not. Just because you use a dictionary out of context dosn't make it true.

The Brown One
01-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I had thought the WWE were on to something when they teamed the Uso's with Tamina as sort of an Islander's rendition. It would have been great if they could have brought in the Uso's father, Rikishi!

Rikishi isn't that old is he? He could visit his sons backstage and see how they are doing. A special appearance would be fun wouldn't it?

SevenCagedTigers
01-21-2011, 05:38 PM

R-Truth is a rapper... Cryme Tyme used to steal... Kofi Kingston is Jamaican. MVP was a "baller" who carried bling. Those all seem like stereotypes to me. But I have to admit, its getting better. Kofi dropped the accent, and the Cryme Tyme guy hasnt stolen in awhile

SevenCagedTigers
01-21-2011, 05:42 PM

Wait, Canadians are a race? Canadians aren't a race, theyre a nationality

HeelTurn
01-21-2011, 05:56 PM

Shelton's momma?

The Brown One
01-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Shelton's momma?

I lold at that.

mouse
01-22-2011, 06:34 PM
No they are not. Just because you use a dictionary out of context dosn't make it true.

I can probably go on about the actual "definition" (however, I think it's pretty plain in my eyes) or what's in or out of context (though I don't see how it's out of context)...but as far as WWE putting "like minded" people "from the same geographical space" as a stable, I think they still do it. To be honest, if there's ANY group of people that has members that can stick together without having one of its members suffering some kind of major injury that takes one of them out for at least 2-3 months during their tenure, then I say the WWE should go for it.

I say let WWE take a page out of TNA's locker room and have a Suicide-like character (or Kane, or even Razor, lol) that can accommodate more than one wrestler and make a stable out of that (aka a stable of masked characters). That way, if one gets injured, they can bump up an FCW guy into the missing person's costume that has the same frame and it wouldn't have to suffer any sudden stable changes.

nrb6304
01-22-2011, 08:08 PM
No more freaking stables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!