PDA

View Full Version : A great read

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 08:59 PM
On the homepage, there is a piece of an interview with Chris Jericho. Theres also a link to the full interview. I read it, and enjoyed it. Just throwing it out there, I think if your'e interested in how Jericho's mind works, and what his plans are, then have a read.

Here is the full interview.
http://prowrestlingillustrated.blogspot.com/

Bodom
01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
I was reading this earlier actually lol.

One of best wrestler interviews I've ever read.

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I was reading this earlier actually lol.

One of best wrestler interviews I've ever read.

Same here. Jericho made alot of points about wrestling, and is isn't afraid to speak his mind.

I recommend the read to anyone who has some time.

Bodom
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I loved the bits describing how he developed his heel character and the feud with Shawn Michaels. He even says WWE wanted to create a T-shirt for him but he refused because he didn't want anybody cheering him. It's good to read an interview with a wrestler who seems to be in a good state and has a lot of things going on outside wrestling.

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah hes got things to do outside of wrestling, besides Twitter. That reminds me of someone :rolleyes:
Its good that for his age(40), hes still got sense to know what wrestling needs, and is all in favor of WWE having to push its younger talent, due to the fact that the vets will be gone soon.

He also said that the last time he returned from a 27 month absence, he had his best run. You think it was? I personally loved him even more in the early 2000s, just after he debuted.

Bodom
01-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Choosing between the two runs is like a parent choosing between children. Both were fantastic for their own reasons. Y2J was an incredible gimmick, and the serious, intelligent heel Chris Jericho was just all sorts of fuckwin

alexrules01
01-20-2011, 10:57 PM
I find it interesting that he said he doesnt want that 'big final match' like Flair or HBK. It would be a shame if our last memory of Jericho was getting punted in the head by Orton. Would love to see him come back and face Ziggler and Bryan, I feel both these guys could put on a spectacular match with Chris :)

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I find it interesting that he said he doesnt want that 'big final match' like Flair or HBK. It would be a shame if our last memory of Jericho was getting punted in the head by Orton. Would love to see him come back and face Ziggler and Bryan, I feel both these guys could put on a spectacular match with Chris :)

In the interview, he said he will only come back if he knows that he can contribute to wrestling, and if he is ready to wrestle again. When his heart's not in it, he takes a break(a really long one), but when hes passionate about wrestling again, he returns. But it would be killer to watch Bryan and Jericho, or Ziggler and Jericho go at it! Jericho's still got i!!

steveorton
01-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Jericho is seriously the best in the world at what he does and thanks for posting the link Brown One it was a great read, I'm jus sayin...

Mikeyboy7777777
01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
thanks i'm goign to read it straight away

PrimusSucks
01-21-2011, 11:26 AM
If you watched his DVD he said he only decided to come back when he heard Shawn Michaels vs John Cena was lined up for Wrestlemania, he said he was a fan of both and that was the first match he wanted to watch in a long time, then their 60 minute match on Raw later made him really want to come back. If they want him back they need to book something big with two names he praises a lot, Cena vs. Barrett in a big singles match with no interference may be a good one.

The Brown One
01-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Cena vs Barrett, Bryan vs ?. I think both would be up to his standards.

HeelTurn
01-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Gotta admire Y2J, he loves the business so much that not only is he willing to put over the younger guys clean, but hes willing to step back and let them shine.

The Brown One
01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Gotta admire Y2J, he loves the business so much that not only is he willing to put over the younger guys clean, but hes willing to step back and let them shine.

And its true what they say. The younger guys are the future of wrestling.

HeelTurn
01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
And its true what they say. The younger guys are the future of wrestling.

Definetly, didnt Nash disagree with the WWE's youth movement and then Jericho came in to the rescue so to speak, and defended the movement.

CobraNightviper
01-21-2011, 07:50 PM
I have'nt read that yet but thanks I will now.