PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Heel turns?

HeelTurn
01-20-2011, 07:19 PM
What do you think was the best and worst heel turn in wrestling?

My favourite heel turn was Stone Cold at Wrestlemania X-Seven, it was great and unexpected and lead to a great run by Austin. The most recent heel turn that i thought was stupid was the Matt Hardy heel turn on Jeff. He quickly turned face after the feud and Christian would have made more sense in the role.

Bodom
01-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Both times that CM Punk turned heel are my personal favorite.

TheBeardOfZeus
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Both times that CM Punk turned heel are my personal favorite.

Agreed.

I also enjoyed when JBL first turned heel.

The worst? i'm not sure, gotta be someone it doesn't really suit very well.

thejman93
01-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I vaugel remember a shitty heel turn from HBK like 3 or 4 years ago. Am I imagining things?

Necroyeti
01-20-2011, 07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6hp4X-cVKs

TheBeardOfZeus
01-20-2011, 07:53 PM

Thats the most beautiful and haunting video package i think i've ever seen.

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Worst heel turn in recent memory- AJ Styles. He just doesn't click to me, as a heel. He was much more relevant as a face. People cheer him anyway, because of the spectacular matches he puts on.

Best heel turn in recent memory- CM Punk of course.

Bodom
01-20-2011, 09:00 PM

That never gets old. One of the best damn feud promos ever.

Tommy Thunder
01-20-2011, 11:11 PM
JBL heel turn FTW!!
Matt Hardy turning heel against Jeff was unexpected, as everyone thought it would be Christian helping Edge. But the run itself was gash!!
Cm Punk's heel turns have been epic!! Win win situation on both occasions!!

Bodom
01-20-2011, 11:14 PM
For the record, I don't count his ECW heel turn. That shit was terrible.

His ROH turn was fucking WIN

Tommy Thunder
01-20-2011, 11:15 PM

Precisely.

Eric Bischoff
01-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Best would be Triple H turning heel on Shawn Michaels when DX was almost reunited in 2002 and Shawn Michaels turning heel on Hulk Hogan. Worst would be the whole "Band" shit in TNA 2010. No sense made at all, so first Big Kev comes out and gets attacked by Pac and Hall, then they team up and betray EY, then screwed up shit happened.

THE_CRIPPLER
01-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Best Heel and face turn was done is the same match Austin vs Bret Hart at wrestlemania 13..... Best face turn for austin and best heel turn from Hart....

Then the unexpected Rock heel turn at Survivor series 1997 against Mankind, he went from the 2nd most loved wrestler in wrestling to the most hated

Not to forget the Heel turn the FreeBirds did to the Von erics, very creative

Punks money in the bank cash in the and time was great

Jerichos Recent Heel turn out of Ric Flairs retirement was amazing and very good story telling

Savages obvious Heel turn against Hogan was still incredible

Then his face turn with Liz at SummerSlam

Worse was

Rey Mysterios heel turn in WCW

Chavo Guerroes against Eddie was dumb and unnesscary.

Toris dumb heel turn on Kane

Owen Hart when he joined the Nation was very poorly done

Bodom
01-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Rey Mysterios heel turn in WCW

I wasn't even aware this ever happened.

Kashdinero
01-21-2011, 04:25 AM

For the record, I don't even remember that heel turn, and I never missed an episode. Must've been pretty unspectacular!

Remember the RoH turn though. For those that have witnessed that, they'll never forget it. I wish I was there live, those fans were gobsmacked at the sheer audacity, of punk, claiming he was gonna take the title to VinnieLand! I'm sure many that night were actually convinced he was telling the truth!!! Frea-King Awe-Some!!

Worst Heel Turn. The Powers of Pain at Survivor Series 88. When Mr Fuji turned on Demolition and sided with The Warlord and Barbarian the fans cheered wildly, as they thought they had just witnessed a Mr Fuji face turn. Ha!

TheBeardOfZeus
01-21-2011, 06:02 AM
For the record, I don't even remember that heel turn, and I never missed an episode. Must've been pretty unspectacular!

Remember the RoH turn though. For those that have witnessed that, they'll never forget it. I wish I was there live, those fans were gobsmacked at the sheer audacity, of punk, claiming he was gonna take the title to VinnieLand! I'm sure many that night were actually convinced he was telling the truth!!! Frea-King Awe-Some!!

Worst Heel Turn. The Powers of Pain at Survivor Series 88. When Mr Fuji turned on Demolition and sided with The Warlord and Barbarian the fans cheered wildly, as they thought they had just witnessed a Mr Fuji face turn. Ha!

The ECW Turn was that new breed/originals storyline when both asked him to join and he turned on the originals for an episode.

Next week, he was good again, cause the turn absolutely failed.

Kashdinero
01-21-2011, 11:46 AM
The ECW Turn was that new breed/originals storyline when both asked him to join and he turned on the originals for an episode.

Next week, he was good again, cause the turn absolutely failed.

Thanks dude, I totally remember it now! Damn, Punk was popular back then, wasnt he! I'm sure from there, they (new breed/originals) went on to have a six-man table match at ONS/Extreme Rules!

Kashdinero
01-21-2011, 11:57 AM

Russo booked it, it was during his maskless run with the Filthy Animals. The whole team were heel's for a spell, and it was fooking lame! I think they buried Flair in Las Vegas desert (seriously) around this time! Russo was pure genius back then..... Not!

68wPayne
01-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Probably one of the best heel turns was when Hulk Hogan turned heel and joined the NWO for the first time. I for one had my jaw on the floor when I was a kid that Hulkster was a bad guy. Also his return to the red and yellow on Nitro was pretty cool. But my all time favorite heel turn I think was 2005 Eddy turning on Rey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoRXf8ZYMqo totally out of nowhere.

TheBeardOfZeus
01-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks dude, I totally remember it now! Damn, Punk was popular back then, wasnt he! I'm sure from there, they (new breed/originals) went on to have a six-man table match at ONS/Extreme Rules!

Thats okay man, i can remember it clearly because i love Punk as a face then and when they looked like they were going to turn him i was slightly pissed but hell i was young.

And you are right! they did after i'm sure was a 5-on-5 match at WrestleMania i believe.

Kashdinero
01-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Thats okay man, i can remember it clearly because i love Punk as a face then and when they looked like they were going to turn him i was slightly pissed but hell i was young.

And you are right! they did after i'm sure was a 5-on-5 match at WrestleMania i believe.

I remember the multi-person match at Mania, it might have been 4 on 4, but I could be wrong. I remember being quite happy for The Sandman, Dreamer and co, to be representing ECW on the grandest stage of them all! They deserved that!

Another heel turn that stands out in my mind is the Undertaker, when he made JR join Vinnie's Kiss My Ass Club, in Oklahoma no less! Now that was shitty!

THE_CRIPPLER
01-21-2011, 07:17 PM

yeah with filthy animals or something, i think they burried a face Ric Flair and stole his watch, it was very short