PDA

View Full Version : Ain't So Different Now Are We?

Robstar
01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
The news that TNA has blocked Kia Steven's attempt to trademark the name Awesome Kong is proof positive that they are becoming more and more like the WWE in business practices by the day. There was a time, back when TNA wasn't just WWE-lite, when if a wrestler left they'd wish them well and leave the door ajar. It's not even as if they were blocking WWE from registering the name and playing the dirty tricks card of accusing her of 'misrepresenting herself' on her application, just sounds to me like a company with a grudge and an axe to grind. Sound like any other company you might know?

It really reeks of sour grapes to me. Maybe Matt Hardly has brought a lot with him. And it sounds like something VKM would do. TNA made the stupid decision to side with Bubba The Love Sponge and wow, didn't that work out well for them? Bad form TNA - at least your consistent though.

Rassling_Fan
01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Well, they did own the rights to Awesome Kong, like they own the rights to the name Desmond Wolfe. It's a practice to make sure no one else could profit off the name.

I don't blame TNA for that.

Bodom
01-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Meh. Awesome Kong was just the name she used in TNA. I only see this becoming issue if it means she can't use the Amazing Kong name.

Adam Bomb II
01-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Meh. Awesome Kong was just the name she used in TNA. I only see this becoming issue if it means she can't use the Amazing Kong name.

Amazing Kong sounds just fine to me, and hopefully to Kia herself. And honestly, there can only be one person who is AWESOME in the WWE. (And I have a feeling Bodom will agree with me on that) :D

Necroyeti
01-20-2011, 03:45 PM
>implying WWE wouldn't have renamed her anyway

Astonishing Zilla

thejman93
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
amazing kong sounds just fine to me, and hopefully to kia herself. And honestly, there can only be one person who is awesome in the wwe. (and i have a feeling bodom will agree with me on that) :d

coz he's the miz, and he's........awesome!!!!!!

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Amazing Kong is fine with me. It makes her sound more powerful.

Xpacfan
01-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't think it matters either way, since WWE was probably going to have her wrestle under her real name like over 50% of their roster.

steveorton
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
WWE always renames their competitors so no harm done, Kong is in a better place now, I'm jus sayin...

CobraNightviper
01-20-2011, 04:25 PM
thats what I said either her real name or some bull crap name that doesn't fit her charicter.

SevenCagedTigers
01-20-2011, 04:57 PM
The news that TNA has blocked Kia Steven's attempt to trademark the name Awesome Kong is proof positive that they are becoming more and more like the WWE in business practices by the day. There was a time, back when TNA wasn't just WWE-lite, when if a wrestler left they'd wish them well and leave the door ajar. It's not even as if they were blocking WWE from registering the name and playing the dirty tricks card of accusing her of 'misrepresenting herself' on her application, just sounds to me like a company with a grudge and an axe to grind. Sound like any other company you might know?

It really reeks of sour grapes to me. Maybe Matt Hardly has brought a lot with him. And it sounds like something VKM would do. TNA made the stupid decision to side with Bubba The Love Sponge and wow, didn't that work out well for them? Bad form TNA - at least your consistent though.

I'm tired of these thread Subject/Heading/Titles that tell you absolutely nothing about what the thread is actually about. Its misleading, and I have to actually click the link to see what its actually about. It defeats the purpose of a Subject Line when all you post is things that are not specific to the actual subject. I would respectfully ask that in the future, thread-starters choose their words carefully so as to attract the right attention.

CobraNightviper
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM
I don't mind them at least it's something to read and it kills some time.

thesubverse
01-20-2011, 05:58 PM
lol at the idea of TNA (or WWE, for that matter) doing this out of a grudge or to be petty. It's called protecting your intellectual property. Business 101.

jcagosto
01-20-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm tired of these thread Subject/Heading/Titles that tell you absolutely nothing about what the thread is actually about. Its misleading, and I have to actually click the link to see what its actually about. It defeats the purpose of a Subject Line when all you post is things that are not specific to the actual subject. I would respectfully ask that in the future, thread-starters choose their words carefully so as to attract the right attention.

I completely agree.

ToWhomItConcerns.
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
i could be wrong but isn't the point of starting a thread to get ppl to look at it? if someone wants to start a topic about Kong and has a non direct title so what? as long as its nothing way off like "VKM Retires" or something totally misleading like that (sorry thats the best misleading title i could think of i'm not feeling very creative at the moment)

anyways as for Kong in WWE and her name it would be nice to see her with the name Awesome Kong but w/e they name her its not gonna change the fact that they'll more than likely not use her right. they could name her Halle Berry for all i care i just want them to use her right.

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 10:20 PM
I like reading threads if they have some meaningful points to them. It makes it more fun to discuss them, rather than slinging shit at the thread creator, for disliking the thread.

SilverGhost
01-21-2011, 12:30 AM

Well....you know.....its EWN.....

Accept our leniency or

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/28/g_t_f_o.jpg

Mikeyboy7777777
01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
as long as wwe doens't give her a shitty name i 'm fine with it

Robstar
01-22-2011, 05:12 PM
They'll probably call her Jigglepop Beanbag or something equally ridiculous

Iron Ape
01-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Bundy The Jungle Girl.

Cynicism
01-23-2011, 02:33 PM

I would hate to lose a match to someon with that name, could almost call that psychology