PDA

View Full Version : Sick of all of these factions

xAzureSkye
01-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Anybody else sick of all the factions that are appearing in WWE & TNA, Nexus, Core, "They", Fortune etc. im sick of all them, they are so 90s & TBH they cannot recreate the magic that the 90s factions brought about..

thejman93
01-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Anybody else sick of all the factions that are appearing in WWE & TNA, Nexus, Core, "They", Fortune etc. im sick of all them, they are so 90s & TBH they cannot recreate the magic that the 90s factions brought about..

Maybe so, but factions are also giving lower midcarders a chance to be a part of a big storyline. Slater and Otunga would be jobbers without Nexus.

Rassling_Fan
01-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more Tag Teams over fractions, jman has a point about it giving more exposure to others who would be lower on the card.

xAzureSkye
01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Maybe so, but factions are also giving lower midcarders a chance to be a part of a big storyline. Slater and Otunga would be jobbers without Nexus.

Well i guess u have a point about mid carders & i suppose it gives the once-jobbers a chance to win a match

Bennyladd1
01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
WWE's factions are great right now in my opinion , especially with Mason Ryan joining punks nexus, and TNA's factions are damn boring..

SevenCagedTigers
01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more Tag Teams over fractions, jman has a point about it giving more exposure to others who would be lower on the card.

Tag-team storylines don't do as good a job at establishing positions within the company. Look at Evolution. You had HHH, the leader and champion, Randy Orton who became the upstart looking to overthrow the leader. Batista who gained recognition as the muscle, and Flair who further solidified his role as a Legend to WWE fans who hadn't gotten a chance to see his work in WCW. None of that could have been accomplished with the mere tag-team dynamic. The only storyline that ever appears out of a tag-team dynamic is "I'm the Shawn Michaels and youre the Marty Jannetty" where one guy outshines the other, ala Edge or Jeff Hardy.

Big factions create an opportunity to establish roles. I think the WWE does a better job with factions, over in TNA, both Fourtune and Immortal just seem like a clusterf@#k of guys with no real leader or roles. I mean, if Jeff Hardy is supposed to be the leader, how come he has zero influence over anyone else in the faction? Whereas Punk and Barrett's roles were CLEARLY defined as the main-eventer. TNA simply doesn't do as good a job at establishing roles within factions.

K-Jammin
01-20-2011, 02:35 PM
The New Nexus are the only reason im watching RAW atm, same with The Corre and Smackdown

Robstar
01-20-2011, 02:41 PM
I'd be sick of them too if I was still watching TNA and looking at the shit they are producing. I am all for stables and factions however

steveorton
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
CagedTigerz you are right on the money, I'm jus sayin...

Murphdogg4
01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
When factions are done right they make wrestling more interesting. But for them to work you need a company with a large roster so the factions stick out, in TNA when half the roster is in immortal/fortune it does not have the same effect.

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
When factions are done right they make wrestling more interesting. But for them to work you need a company with a large roster so the factions stick out, in TNA when half the roster is in immortal/fortune it does not have the same effect.

Having a larger roster may make the stable stand out, and make them seem like an even bigger threat, but theres a downside to having big stables too. Half of the stable will get lost in the shuffle, and won't stand out anywhere as much as someone else, because they get mic time, or less matches.

Here are examples, from WWE:
*Nexus: Hennig, Harris, Tarver, Young.

And now onto TNA:
*Immortal: Gunner, Murphy, Rob Terry.
*Fortune: Doug Williams, Matt Morgan, AJ Styles.

CobraNightviper
01-20-2011, 04:46 PM
you'd think someone who was apart of the original nwo(Hogan)would know how to put together a faction tna is just disapointing.

randymarsh118
01-20-2011, 04:51 PM
what you was saying about TNA's roster being so small that it is almost split into 2 stables is crazy, think of the invasion the whole roster literaly was split down the middle and that was a huge story and made tons of standout superstars from it

ProWrestlingFan
01-20-2011, 05:44 PM
WWE's factions are great right now in my opinion , especially with Mason Ryan joining punks nexus, and TNA's factions are damn boring..

LOL WWEtard much??
Yes cm punk and the neXus is a fun faction to watch,but you people are so blinded by hate for TNA.Jeff hardy,abyss,jeff jarrett,hulk hogan,matt hardy.Immortal is a great faction.So is fourtune.Both companys are doing great with there faction.,but srry the corre sounds just has retarded as EV2.0,and so far they are boring.I cant wait till MEM returns or what ever tna will bring to face immortal/foutune

Tcarms920
01-20-2011, 06:34 PM

I think that factions are great and can create some of the biggest stars like The Rock, Triple H, Orton, Batista ect. ect. but factions and stables have to be done right you cant just throw a couple of jobbers together, if done right factions are amazing and could create but if done wrong are boring and terrible.

steveorton
01-20-2011, 06:58 PM
@Wrestling Fan The Corre will create future champions, they will dominate Smackdown and if your not down with that I got 2 words for yah....., I'm jus sayin...

TheBeardOfZeus
01-20-2011, 07:23 PM
I think that factions are great and can create some of the biggest stars like The Rock, Triple H, Orton, Batista ect. ect. but factions and stables have to be done right you cant just throw a couple of jobbers together, if done right factions are amazing and could create but if done wrong are boring and terrible.

Infact, you can.

Sir, google the job squad.

Bodom
01-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Infact, you can.

Sir, google the job squad.

*coughWorldElitecough*

TheBeardOfZeus
01-20-2011, 07:27 PM
*coughWorldElitecough*

Haha true.

Off topic, i'm watching the RAW replay, is Mark Henry getting a push?

Bodom
01-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Haha true.

Off topic, i'm watching the RAW replay, is Mark Henry getting a push?

He is? I missed Raw.

Necroyeti
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Pretty sure everyone was sick of the lack of factions, oh... not even a year ago.

thejman93
01-20-2011, 07:35 PM
He is? I missed Raw.

He was in some stupid over the top rope challenge. I don't know if that was setting him up for somthing big at RR or if it was just a time filling segment.

TheBeardOfZeus
01-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Well he's won what, 3 matches in a row recently? and there was a over the top rop challenge thing, and then jobbers come down, hes doing great, then Sheamus comes down, beats everyone but Henry, and he eliminates Sheamus.

Very odd.

The Gravefilla
01-20-2011, 07:37 PM
I like the Factions in the WWE. TNA and its Factions are boring to me also but they at least carry the factions the correct way. In the WWE every Faction we have seen lately since Evolution had one purpose of whatever feud the leader was in and that was it. SES, Nexus, Legacy. all the factions now a days are simply other guys involved in a sotryline. In TNA different members of the group have feuds and rivalries with othe people and arent simply focused on the leader. I want to see MM and HH actually have a storyline with Santino and Kozlov and have mic time strictly related to the Feud. I wanna see Justin Gabrial in a rivalry with Kofi Kingston for the IC title. These are things that would make the factions of today something like the factions of old.

thejman93
01-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Well he's won what, 3 matches in a row recently? and there was a over the top rop challenge thing, and then jobbers come down, hes doing great, then Sheamus comes down, beats everyone but Henry, and he eliminates Sheamus.

Very odd.

Yeah the whole 20 minute run was wierd. Nattie beat Maryse in like a minute thirty, then we had the over the top rope deal, then a promo from ADR on how he's gonna win the Rumble.

SilverGhost
01-20-2011, 07:46 PM
LOL WWEtard much??
Yes cm punk and the neXus is a fun faction to watch,but you people are so blinded by hate for TNA.Jeff hardy,abyss,jeff jarrett,hulk hogan,matt hardy.Immortal is a great faction.So is fourtune.Both companys are doing great with there faction.,but srry the corre sounds just has retarded as EV2.0,and so far they are boring.I cant wait till MEM returns or what ever tna will bring to face immortal/foutune

You have just typed why Immortal is disliked by many.

TheBeardOfZeus
01-20-2011, 07:49 PM
You have just typed why Immortal is disliked by many.

It's the fact Immortal is so random as well.

The Hardy's have a connection, but thats it. Abyss? Jarrett? Hogan? Confusing.

SilverGhost
01-20-2011, 08:16 PM
It's the fact Immortal is so random as well.

The Hardy's have a connection, but thats it. Abyss? Jarrett? Hogan? Confusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Brj2WDSQ6w

Not so random anymore :)

jethro
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
WWE rarely have faction since Nexus,and now The Core so theres only 2 factions in WWE.

TheBeardOfZeus
01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Brj2WDSQ6w

Not so random anymore :)

HAHA snap SG, that is a diamond to pull out from nowhere.

I guess they do then, it's a shame it's still crap.

The Brown One
01-20-2011, 08:38 PM
I actually liked Jeff Hardy, Abyss, and Hogan...several years ago, when they were in their prime lol. Now its sad to see them wrestle.

SevenCagedTigers
01-21-2011, 12:32 AM
LOL WWEtard much??

Dude, the problem with Immortal and Fourtune is that... they are ONE faction. Yes, they call one Fourtune and one Immortal, but with the way the beatdowns go down, they are ALL Immortal. And thats the problem.

On top of that, neither faction has a clear cut leader. Eric Bischoff is the leader of both factions, because he orders both factions around, and what good does it do to have a non-wrestling spokesperson be the leader of a faction? It does nothing for the careers of the WRESTLERS. Over in WWE, Punk is the leader of Nexus, and he can back it up. Barrett is the leader of Corre, and he can back it up. Bischoff is just an annoying space waster because he uses up valuable air time which could be given to actual wrestlers, and hes NOT entertaining. He garners X-pac type heat where the fans can't stand him because they dislike him as a human being, not JBL type heat where they dislike him as a character.

WWE has always known how to make good factions, because in the WWE, the leader is always highlighted.
- In DX, Shawn Michaels was the leader, and when he bowed out, HHH became the leader.
- In Evolution, HHH was the leader with Flair as the mouthpiece
- In Legacy, Orton was the leader
- In Nexus, Barrett was the leader.
So on and so on....

In Immortal, Eric Bischoff is the leader due to the fact that Hogan has been out with an injury. And again I ask you, what good does it do to have a leader when he is NOT a wrestler?

On top of that, Immortal doesn't have clearly defined roles. They have a bunch of guys running around who think theyre the leaders.

Bischoff - Leader
Hogan - Supposed to be leader, but not even on tv. It makes the stable look weak when its leader is immobilized.
Flair - The spokesperson for Fourtune, but he doesn't make decisions like Bischoff does
Jeff Hardy - Considering he's the champion, he should've been the leader. But He has absolutely zero influence over the other members of the group
Aj Styles - enough of a TNA veteran to have been the leader. He paid his dues and played second fiddle to Angle and others, and he got saddled holding the midcard title

so on and so on.

Immortal is a waste of a faction because its leader is the non-wrestling Bischoff, so the role of a leader is being wasted on someone who won't be the future of the company. Instead of making a superstar out of Styles or Jeff, theyre giving the power to someone who will never be a performer, and thus will not increase in value. If you still think Immortal is a great faction then I don't know what to tell you.

mouse
01-21-2011, 01:54 AM
I think there needs to be more factions. It helps push storylines and while not every faction is "successful" per se, just as it was mentioned before it does help push mid-carders to main event status.

As far as TNA's factions vs. WWE...Fortune and Immortal is just confusing. It's hard to tell who's in what...why didn't they just stick with MEM? At least that faction had a decent logo and they all wore suits to the ring.

Nexus, i think, is a solid faction. Started out great...kinda faltered a bit, but with CM Punk as leader it should do ok. The way Barrett left and "formed" the Corre was handled in a very sloppy way, but at least Smackdown has some kind of "nexus-ish" faction.

What I really don't like is how they bring back stables. Yeah, I know DX brings money, I know it's popular, but it's been dead for so long...ugh. EVO 2.0? Bad name with too many washed out wrestlers.

But I know that creating a good faction means having healthy, stable wrestlers...which is getting harder and harder now that injuries are becoming rampant. Even Nexus lost a few to injuries.

Oh well. I like seeing more factions. Give more exposure to lower card guys, I say.

Murphdogg4
01-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Dude, the problem with Immortal and Fourtune is that... they are ONE faction. Yes, they call one Fourtune and one Immortal, but with the way the beatdowns go down, they are ALL Immortal. And thats the problem.

On top of that, neither faction has a clear cut leader. Eric Bischoff is the leader of both factions, because he orders both factions around, and what good does it do to have a non-wrestling spokesperson be the leader of a faction? It does nothing for the careers of the WRESTLERS. Over in WWE, Punk is the leader of Nexus, and he can back it up. Barrett is the leader of Corre, and he can back it up. Bischoff is just an annoying space waster because he uses up valuable air time which could be given to actual wrestlers, and hes NOT entertaining. He garners X-pac type heat where the fans can't stand him because they dislike him as a human being, not JBL type heat where they dislike him as a character.

WWE has always known how to make good factions, because in the WWE, the leader is always highlighted.
- In DX, Shawn Michaels was the leader, and when he bowed out, HHH became the leader.
- In Evolution, HHH was the leader with Flair as the mouthpiece
- In Legacy, Orton was the leader
- In Nexus, Barrett was the leader.
So on and so on....

In Immortal, Eric Bischoff is the leader due to the fact that Hogan has been out with an injury. And again I ask you, what good does it do to have a leader when he is NOT a wrestler?

On top of that, Immortal doesn't have clearly defined roles. They have a bunch of guys running around who think theyre the leaders.

Bischoff - Leader
Hogan - Supposed to be leader, but not even on tv. It makes the stable look weak when its leader is immobilized.
Flair - The spokesperson for Fourtune, but he doesn't make decisions like Bischoff does
Jeff Hardy - Considering he's the champion, he should've been the leader. But He has absolutely zero influence over the other members of the group
Aj Styles - enough of a TNA veteran to have been the leader. He paid his dues and played second fiddle to Angle and others, and he got saddled holding the midcard title

so on and so on.

Immortal is a waste of a faction because its leader is the non-wrestling Bischoff, so the role of a leader is being wasted on someone who won't be the future of the company. Instead of making a superstar out of Styles or Jeff, theyre giving the power to someone who will never be a performer, and thus will not increase in value. If you still think Immortal is a great faction then I don't know what to tell you.

you make some damn good points. Even in the original horsemen where JJ was the manager, they didn't follow him blindly.

Murphdogg4
01-21-2011, 04:44 AM
what you was saying about TNA's roster being so small that it is almost split into 2 stables is crazy, think of the invasion the whole roster literaly was split down the middle and that was a huge story and made tons of standout superstars from it

The invasion angle is considered to be one of the most disapointing angles in wrestling history. Vince horribly dropped the ball on what could have been the best angle of all time when he bought WCW and ECW. He could of signed the big names, kept the brands seperate and we could still be having dream matches to this day.

jamesstrange
01-21-2011, 05:29 PM

I think the big problem is they're copying the same style of factions as the 90s and such. I mean in recent member, we've had a lot of factions which aren't going to be remembered because they either rip off, serve the same purpose or do the same things. I'll probably miss some out but Legacy, was just an Evolution rip off, they tried to turn it into something it wasn't with the concept that all the members were 3rd generation but we'd see the same act with Evolution, protecting the leaders back at all costs. TNA have had everything from Planet Jarrett to MEM, the Band and now IMMORTAL ripping off everything the NWO did by dominating the company with all the old guys and trying to take over. Fortune, as Flair says, a re-incarnation of the Four Horsemen, but it can't work because the Horsemen were the very best of all levels, and although all the members got talent, they are no where on the level of the members of the Horsemen, among other things...others like Nexus have become stale easily because either there members lack wrestling skill or creative has had them do things over stables have done.

Good ideas like the Straight-end Society were great ideas, you got Punk as this Manson style cult leader, but but was there purpose? Of course the whole convert everyone to straight end and be superior, but the way they were made to go about asserting their dominance was no different to any other team and the members, a part from Punk lacked character and skill. Also they were buried...

They could create another great stable, but just don't follow anything that's been set out before or try to define them differently in terms of who they are, what they do and how they act and dominant. Let them create their own magic.

Spear-O-Matic
01-22-2011, 12:28 PM

I find this topic, and this quote, hilarious. How can you complain about something being so "90s" when you're sig is lamenting the death of WWF and, from what I can only guess, the Attitude Era.

Just sayin'...

68wPayne
01-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Just thinking without factions to push lower level talent we wouldn't have seen Justin Gabriel beat the World Champion Edge.