PDA

View Full Version : MITB and KOTR and other gimick Matches?!?!?!

2bluntsup
01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Money in the Bank is an awesome match where the midcarders get to shine and someone gets a shot at the WWE/World title. But having basically three different MITB matches is to much, (with one at Mania and two at the MITB PPV). There should jus be one at Mania, i mean before wwe made it a PPV it was a match at Mania i was pumped for b/cuz it only came along once a year. Then there is the King of the Ring (which should b it's own PPV, or add it to the Survivor Series PPV), given to sheamus for what? jus to have a program with HHH, really, sheamus could have token the "king" moniker after he put HHH on the shelf. So when u win KOTR u just get a crown and a cape BIG WOOP. What happen to getting a number one contender match. And what happen to the Championship Sramble match that was a good idea? Then there is the Elimination Chamber to me when u have so many oppurtunities to main event Mania it takes away from the Royal Rumble!!!!! Just saying....

Lance Storm
01-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Just wait till WWE gimmicks all the PPV names....WWE presents: Entrance Ramp or Falls Count Anywhere or Count Out.

steveorton
01-19-2011, 04:11 PM
The Scramble match was entertaining they should bring that back, I agree th MITB should be once a year at the SHOWCASE OF THE IMMORTALS, I'm jus sayin...

The Brown One
01-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Having KOTR at Survivor Series could work out, if WWE is willing to scrap the original concept of one of their Big 4 PPVs. I mean, it used to have traditional 5 on 5 elimination matches. Last year it only had 1. I really enjoy those matches, because they are long, and the ones left over at the end have proven they are the best in the ring. But now, its a joke, and doesn't get many PPV buys as it used to. Summerslam draws much more.

2bluntsup
01-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Having KOTR at Survivor Series could work out, if WWE is willing to scrap the original concept of one of their Big 4 PPVs. I mean, it used to have traditional 5 on 5 elimination matches. Last year it only had 1. I really enjoy those matches, because they are long, and the ones left over at the end have proven they are the best in the ring. But now, its a joke, and doesn't get many PPV buys as it used to. Summerslam draws much more.

Or have KOTR before SummerSlam to see who main events? Like the Lesnar vs Rock summerslam!!

Tommy Thunder
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
There are both too many ppv's and too many gimmick ones. Get rid of the gimmick ones, cut down the numbers.
Wrestlemania
Royal Rumble
Summerslam
Survivour Series
KOTR
Armageddon
Great American Bash
That's all the ppv's they need. Not in that order obviously, but there is no need for more than that.

The Brown One
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Or have KOTR before SummerSlam to see who main events? Like the Lesnar vs Rock summerslam!!

Hell yeah! I'll be happy if that happens again. WWE seem to be making Summerslam more and more like Wrestlemania. They changed the set into stars(which WM 25 had), have big matches there, and it draws the 3rd most buys I believe, right after RR, and WM.

Rebel Lion
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
I have to agree that the gimmick PPVs were a horrible idea. The whole appeal of the MITB match at WM was that it was exclusive to WM, making it a must-see on the grandest of all stages. With 3 MITBs per year it sorely devalues its importance, and its specialness as a part of WM.

There are both too many ppv's and too many gimmick ones. Get rid of the gimmick ones, cut down the numbers.
Wrestlemania
Royal Rumble
Summerslam
Survivour Series
KOTR
Armageddon
Great American Bash
That's all the ppv's they need. Not in that order obviously, but there is no need for more than that.

Too many gimmick PPVs?? Yes. Too many PPVs I disagree with. I feel as if the WWE dropped the ball when aquiring WCW. They should've intergraded the top WCW PPVs to make their roster of PPVs killer!! This is what I would've liked to have seen:

End of April: Backlash (actually dealing with the fallout from WM)
May: Judgement Day
June: King of the Ring (with winner receiving WWE or WHC Championship match by SS)
July: The Great American Bash
August: Summer Slam (One of the 'Big 3' Mega PPVs)
September: Fall Brawl-War Games (with full on double ring enclosed in a cage...5 on 5 main event)
October: Halloween Havoc
November: Survivor Series (with all matches excluding WWE and/or WHC title maches being traditional 4 on 4 elimination matches)
December: Starrcade (2nd of 'Big 3' Mega PPvs, getting the ball rolling toward WM)
January: Royal Rumble
February: Elimination Chamber (setting up possible WWE and WHC title changes, and matches at WM)
March/ early April: Wrestlemania (still biggest of them all, with RR winner main eventing, and having MITB match exclusively...all titles on the line)

Tommy Thunder
01-19-2011, 09:57 PM
I have to agree that the gimmick PPVs were a horrible idea. The whole appeal of the MITB match at WM was that it was exclusive to WM, making it a must-see on the grandest of all stages. With 3 MITBs per year it sorely devalues its importance, and its specialness as a part of WM.

Too many gimmick PPVs?? Yes. Too many PPVs I disagree with. I feel as if the WWE dropped the ball when aquiring WCW. They should've intergraded the top WCW PPVs to make their roster of PPVs killer!! This is what I would've liked to have seen:

End of April: Backlash (actually dealing with the fallout from WM)
May: Judgement Day
June: King of the Ring (with winner receiving WWE or WHC Championship match by SS)
July: The Great American Bash
August: Summer Slam (One of the 'Big 3' Mega PPVs)
September: Fall Brawl-War Games (with full on double ring enclosed in a cage...5 on 5 main event)
October: Halloween Havoc
November: Survivor Series (with all matches excluding WWE and/or WHC title maches being traditional 4 on 4 elimination matches)
December: Starrcade (2nd of 'Big 3' Mega PPvs, getting the ball rolling toward WM)
January: Royal Rumble
February: Elimination Chamber (setting up possible WWE and WHC title changes, and matches at WM)
March/ early April: Wrestlemania (still biggest of them all, with RR winner main eventing, and having MITB match exclusively...all titles on the line)

Mate, there's like 3/4 weeks between ppv's at the moment, and for me, that's just not enough time to build up storylines!

rko619
01-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Just wait till WWE gimmicks all the PPV names....WWE presents: Entrance Ramp or Falls Count Anywhere or Count Out.

wwe presents.... michael cole and i quote every match michael cole on the mic against the roster
then vkm comes out and says that famous catch phrase at the end YYYYOOOUUUURRRR FFIRREEEDDDDDDD