PDA

View Full Version : Hof is a friggin joke!

superiordiscus
01-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Ok we all know there are alot of superstars in the WWE H.O.F. that simply don't desserve to be there and many are in the hof with alot less acomplishment than others have achieved.

let me drop this on you. Longest reigning WWE chapion, 2 title reigns over the course on 11 years. wrestling 6 nights a week.

Headlined over 211 madison square garden cards, selling out 187 of them.

Many sellout tours in europe, japan, australia, canada, spain, mexico. a world wide celebrity covered my many magazines around the word.

excellet scientific wrester as well as a good brawler if thats what the match dictaded.

could wrestle for over an hour straight, yes that doesnt work now, but I dont think most of todays roster can't even pull that off. he didnt even use move sets, everymatch was unique.

was chosen to take the NWA title from lou thesz, almost became the first cross-promotion unified campion.

a seriously strong bad ass(no steroids), in his prime I don't doubt he could have pummeled Brock Lessner, in mma or the back alley.

Was such a beloved icon he actually got to hang out with the pope in the vatican.

Wrestled all of the all time greats from that era.

Saved wwe from financial ruin from the inoki vs. ali mma match, the card was going to fail unless he was on it, with a broken
broken neck no less, now thats without hanfulls of pain killers, or somas.

wrestled in front of 36,295 fans at Shea Stadium. As the main event of 1980's Showdown at Shea stadium, and well past his prime.

still had a role in werestling in the 80's, commentating and was in the first wrestle mania, also had a great feud with piper at that time, even macho man.

in his 50' he still out wrestled the wwe locker room.

simply put the foundation that the wwe has now was built apon this mans back.

there would be no wwe or vince around if this man didnt carry the company and help them build and empire.

now no hof, he sould have been the first inductee, no video games, or dvd packages, the man deserves better than just an action figure.

even the man's story has blockbuster written all over it.

well vice keep that in mind, hope you can sleep tonight.

any guesses who i'm refering too? comments?

btw i can go on and on about the man, perhaps not the greates of all time but shure as hell deserves more than an action figure to highlight and inform people about his career.

RomanFlare
01-18-2011, 09:17 PM
The H.O.F. is a spectacle. Its entertainment. I'd consider Arn Anderson's induction a major step up for the Hall.

Hell, how come The Legion of Doom aren't inducted yet? I'd think John Laurinaitis has a lot for the WWE behind the scenes with talent, and the L.o.D. were popular. I actually don't get the way they do it, even if it IS rigged.

Viperfish
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I wrote a long post about this a few weeks ago. Anyway, you can't force a guy to be in the hall of fame. He does not want to be in the hall of fame. Does that mean that the hall of fame goes back to being non-BS? Hardly, but that's the way it is for the guy that should've been in there a long time ago with the likes of Andre The Giant.

mikeofiowa
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
you are talking about bruno sammartino if im not mistaken

homer75751
01-18-2011, 10:02 PM
My guess is Orndorff

FTW13
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Bruno Sammartino.

eyehatecena
01-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Talking about Bruno. Vince would probally love to have him in, but Bruno is no fan of what the WWWF has become and there is no way to force him to join. Only way I see Bruno getting inducted us when he passes away and his family lets it happen.
For the most part, I agree with most of the ones who have been inducted and am glad they actually inducted others that had no real big connection to the WWWF/WWF/WWE- Verne Gange, the Von Erich family(Kerry did wrestle for WWF for a short time), Bill Watts and a few others.

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Don't we already have another thread just like this?

thesubverse
01-18-2011, 11:38 PM
I'M SO MAD BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS WORK AND WHY THEY DON'T WORK THE WAY I WANT THEM TO

I hate threads like this.

HeelTurn
01-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Didnt Mr T turn down the HOF because Pete Rose was in it and he thought that made it a joke?

Mikeyboy7777777
01-19-2011, 11:49 AM
The H.O.F. is a spectacle. Its entertainment. I'd consider Arn Anderson's induction a major step up for the Hall.

Hell, how come The Legion of Doom aren't inducted yet? I'd think John Laurinaitis has a lot for the WWE behind the scenes with talent, and the L.o.D. were popular. I actually don't get the way they do it, even if it IS rigged.

i so agree with you man the LOD should be in the hall of fame they even said in the dvd guys like hbk even that they were probably the best tag team ever yet they are not in the hall of fame? when will they do this when animal is dead too? i certainly hope not oh well i'll remember hawk & animal forever in my eyes the greatest tag team ever i so loved the duo still do

CobraNightviper
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
now that I think about it they haven't really put very many teams in the hall of fame and some of the ones they did I don't even rember.

superiordiscus
01-20-2011, 09:04 AM
great points and the road warriors should have been inducted the year verne was along with the other AWA greats like bockwinkle.

but seriously, what other sports or music or whatever HOF is such a joke as this? Can parents bring their kids there? can you go and see who the pioneers of the industry were? can you see how the sport evolved? can you see memorabelia that the inductees wore? can you buy suveniers?

No Bruno does not want to be a part of Vinces' fake HOF and who can blame him?

The fact is Vince owns alot of footage of Bruno, many of the matches from the 70's Vince is even comentating on. He doesnt need Bruno's consent to put together a DVD that would bring back alot of great memories for the older fans and introduce the real "living legend" to a new generation.

but hey Vince doesnt matter how hard you try to bury Bruno, LEGENDS NEVER DIE

Rassling_Fan
01-20-2011, 09:21 AM

My guess is that because Animal is still wrestling, being part of the Hall of Fame means you're not wrestling anymore. Of course a few people still wrestle after beind inducted. I remember in an interview that one person who the WWE wanted to induct said he refused because he is still wrestling.

but hey Vince doesnt matter how hard you try to bury Bruno, LEGENDS NEVER DIE
How is Vince trying to bury Bruno?

superiordiscus
01-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Bruno is never mentioned on any wwe program that includes wwe/24/7 and roundtables. surely the greatest wwe champion of all time deserves a mention once in awile and believe me that is by design. He gets his name on the list of title holders, thats it.

Bodom
01-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Bruno has said several times that he despises the current state of wrestling and want's no association with it at all. None

So if you think about, they're actual respecting his wishes.

superiordiscus
01-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Bruno has said several times that he despises the current state of wrestling and want's no association with it at all. None

So if you think about, they're actual respecting his wishes.

oh really? hmm lets see, in the last few years he has done fan fairs, autograph signings(wich he does not charge for), an exibition match, couple documentaries, radio and tv appearances, 2 showings for Ring of Honor(wich he liked), commentated on the TNA Kurt Angle dvd, do you need more examples?

Does that sound like a man who wants nothing to do with wrestling? what he despised was the T&A show and kiss my ass club stuff of the attitude era. And hey so did my grandfather, different generations have different opinions on whats apropriate and whats not. What he despised was the over the top antics and lack of actual wrestling, not the sport itself.

Bodom
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Ok I misspoke. Not Wrestling in general, just WWE

When they started that Hall of Fame, Vince McMahon was going to show me, so he never considered me to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. What he didn’t expect was the outcry of the fans. They said, “How the heck could you call this a Hall of Fame when Bruno’s name was never even mentioned?” It backfired on him so bad that the following year or two years he didn’t even have a Hall of Fame. He figured let it die down. And then when he started again, again I wasn’t mentioned and again he got bombarded pretty darn big. So then because of all the pressure, he finally got his attorney to call my attorney to try to talk me into coming to their Hall of Fame.

The thing is this: I have been extremely critical of everything that this man has done to wrestling since he took over — extremely critical. I so resent all the vulgarity, the nudity, the profanity and all the ugliness, and I really was outspoken about the drugs going back to 15-20 years ago. And after that, I got away from it all, but still, if anybody ever questioned me, I remained that way. Now, what the heck kind of a guy would I be if, after expressing myself so loud and clear about how I feel about this organization, that then I would accept to be part of them into this Hall of Fame. I’d be the biggest hypocrite there was. And besides that, when fans tell me, “Yeah, but you belong,” I tell them, “OK, if I went in the Hall of Fame, where would you go to see it. You know, baseball has Cooperstown. If I’m in the Hall of Fame, wouldn’t there be a place for you to go and see it and see all these people that have been inducted?” They said, “Uh, I don’t know.” “Yeah, because it doesn’t exist.

McMahon started this — it’s all just a moneymaking thing. He puts out DVDs of the new Hall of Fame inductees, and then his TV goes to 126 countries and they’re selling these DVDs, and they don’t even give these guys anything. I understand when you get inducted into the Hall of Fame, they give you $5,000, and then they go ahead worldwide and sell the DVDs and I don’t think you get anything. So, it’s all a gimmick. It’s nonsense. But more than that, even if it was legit, I simply would never accept for the simple reason of what I’ve told you. Now, your question was, “Well what if they decide to do it whether you like it or not?” Well, I don’t know if there is anything I could do by law — probably not. But I would again be outspoken and make it very clear that this is being done and by no means do I approve of it or want any part of it. I’d want all the fans to know that.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wrestling/blog/2008/05/qa_with_bruno_sammartino.html

Murphdogg4
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Yes the HOF is not legit. I'ts just a angle and a promotional tool of Vinnie mac. One man picks who goes in? Nobody would take the NFL hall of fame seriously if the NFL commish decided on his own who went in, and even more so if he excluded obvious choices just because he had personal issues with them.