PDA

View Full Version : Darren Young? Should he stay or go?

Adam Bomb II
01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I've been wondering... Whenver I've come across Darren Youngs name here on the boards (or everywhere else for that matter), the comments he gets are less than flattering. I must admit that I actually see some potential in the guy ( and not in the black Cena kind of way), and I still can't understand they stripped him of his South Beach Party Boy gimmick and made him a generic nobody.
I am hoping that, since Percy Watson has been picking up some wins in dark matches recently, will join him and spice up the Tag Team division as the SBPB. :cool:

So what do you guys think? Do you see any potential, or is Darren Young just a fart in the history of the WWE?

Robstar
01-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Who can say? It's not like we really got to see much of him outside of NXT and that first series was such a shambles anyway. All I can remember is Punk giving him shit all the time

Adam Bomb II
01-18-2011, 06:55 PM
True what you say about season 1 of NXT. I actually took some time watching some of Youngs matches in FCW on Yoytube tonight, and his upbeat persona combined with pretty decent in ring skills made me want to see more! So I'm crossing my fingers hoping something good will come his way now he has made the leap to the big league. :)

Saiga
01-18-2011, 07:46 PM
old nexus on smackdown should just recruit darren young and other former nxt guys who got booted out.

Jayoholic
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
old nexus on smackdown should just recruit darren young and other former nxt guys who got booted out.

Too many heels.

Iron Ape
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Am I the only one who has noticed that every time a person on this board suggests putting a black guy in a tag team or a stable, it's always with other black guys? ;)

Adam Bomb II
01-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Am I the only one who has noticed that every time a person on this board suggests putting a black guy in a tag team or a stable, it's always with other black guys? ;)

Hehe, it's not my idea! :D
They've been a team for a while in FCW as the South Beach Party Boys if you didn't know.

Oh and by the way, I'm honoured that you answered my post Ape!

Jayoholic
01-18-2011, 09:32 PM

LOL true...not just on this board, but I've read on other boards about how this person wants a new Nation of Domination with Percy Watson, R-Truth, Mark Henry, Kofi, and MVP (when he was there).

Same goes for foreign wrestlers. If you do that, then we're guaranteed an "Anti-American" angle which has been done to death.

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm all for an Anti-American angle again, because I didn't get a chance to witness it for myself on tv when it occured.

On topic: Didn't Watson and Young team up back in FCW? If not, I'd like them to become a team, due to their similar gimmicks. I'd call their team- The life of the party.

Bodom
01-18-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm all for an Anti-American angle again, because I didn't get a chance to witness it for myself on tv when it occured.

On topic: Didn't Watson and Young team up back in FCW? If not, I'd like them to become a team, due to their similar gimmicks. I'd call their team- The life of the party.

I think they did. A South Beach Party Boys type gimmick. Ugh.

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I think they did. A South Beach Party Boys type gimmick. Ugh.

I don't really care for a team like that, but those guys have talent, which I would hate to see being wasted like it is right now.

NightWolf
01-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Percy Watson needs his own Sherlock. Too bad Mike Knox is no longer around the WWE. Percy Watson is one of the few guys that make a leg drop seem interesting to see.

PrimusSucks
01-18-2011, 11:59 PM
I like Darren Young, he really impressed me on Superstars last week in the 8 Man tag match, actually everyone in that match impressed(except Regal, but I expected his performance).

The Brown One
01-19-2011, 12:50 AM
I like Darren Young, he really impressed me on Superstars last week in the 8 Man tag match, actually everyone in that match impressed(except Regal, but I expected his performance).

Aww I was actually going to watch Superstars just for that match! But I was really busy..how was it? And which team won?

Percy Watson needs his own Sherlock. Too bad Mike Knox is no longer around the WWE. Percy Watson is one of the few guys that make a leg drop seem interesting to see.

I liked the float over DDT variation he does as his finisher. He was also the most excited I've ever seen a wrestler for a match, or even to just be in a ring, in a long time.

Stump
01-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I'd like to see more of Young, simply because I can't even remember seeing him in an actual match on Raw. At least not one where the Nexus didn't come in for the beat down.

Adam Bomb II
01-19-2011, 11:54 AM

I really like Percy. And I like his red glassless glasses. Oh yea!
(and he is pretty good in the ring too :D)

SaberToothTigerz
01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
I really like Percy. And I like his red glassless glasses. Oh yea!
(and he is pretty good in the ring too :D)

percy reeks of awesomeness
this young guy has TONS AND TONS of charisma
he just talks a little bit fast and always says "u kno what im sayin?"
other than that his catchphrase oh yeah and overall all he says is very entertaining, and his little flaws on the mic are almoust unnoticed

Adam Bomb II
01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
percy reeks of awesomeness
this young guy has TONS AND TONS of charisma
he just talks a little bit fast and always says "u kno what im sayin?"
other than that his catchphrase oh yeah and overall all he says is very entertaining, and his little flaws on the mic are almoust unnoticed

Couldn't agree with you more. I've finally found out who I want to star in my signature here on EWN! :D

thejman93
01-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Percy and D. Young would make a good (for what the division is these days) tag-team but not with the Jersey Shore gimmick.

Adam Bomb II
01-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. I've finally found out who I want to star in my signature here on EWN! :D

If I could only get it to work!!! I suck at all things technical....

Robstar
01-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah I like Percy too. At least they haven't released him so we might still see him on the main roster yet. Oh yea!

Bennyladd1
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
i agree with putting him in a tag team with percy , other than that i doubt he will get any success in singles competition for a while

Adam Bomb II
01-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

PrimusSucks
01-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Aww I was actually going to watch Superstars just for that match! But I was really busy..how was it? And which team won?

It was great, it was at least 25 minutes, maybe longer because it had started by the time I turned it on, a lot of back and forth action, crowd was great, everyone got a chance to show off good moves and I think everyone was in the ring with everyone at some point. Yoshi ended up pinning Zack Ryder after that kick he does, and the crowd exploded, I kid you not.

SaberToothTigerz
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
there was a time when i just scrolled videos on yt looking for percy's funniest moments
always hilarious shit dudes

The Brown One
01-19-2011, 07:52 PM
It was great, it was at least 25 minutes, maybe longer because it had started by the time I turned it on, a lot of back and forth action, crowd was great, everyone got a chance to show off good moves and I think everyone was in the ring with everyone at some point. Yoshi ended up pinning Zack Ryder after that kick he does, and the crowd exploded, I kid you not.

Very nice for a Superstars main event. If you say 25 minutes, because most are under 15 minutes.

PrimusSucks
01-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Very nice for a Superstars main event. If you say 25 minutes, because most are under 15 minutes.

In reality it may have been 15 minutes, they took two commercial breaks during the match, on TV it translated to 25 minutes.

The Brown One
01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
In reality it may have been 15 minutes, they took two commercial breaks during the match, on TV it translated to 25 minutes.

Yeah but at least it went over 2 commericals, instead of just none lol. Thats how you can tell it was a long match.