PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk on the brink of insanity

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
01-18-2011, 10:19 AM
I am surprised that people are not talking all that much about this. Is it just me or is CM Punk becoming more and more like the Joker from batman? Some may say Jesus Christ, but I'd rather not refer to it like that. He seems to be edging the brink of insanity and also get pleasure out of inflicting and self-inflicting pain. Hence, why he took a boot from Mason Ryan last night on RAW. Whatever direction they are taking Punk's character in, I like it. He is playing it so well.

What do you guys think of the direction of his character thus far?

tittle97
01-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I agree to a certain extent, I want to see where they can take his character. He took the boot from Batistwo so he would win the match by DQ though. I have noticed a sadistic side to him since joining Nexus, and I've always thought he was more Christ-like while leading SES.

Jayoholic
01-18-2011, 11:00 AM
It's refreshing and fits his character well. He's always had the look, now it's time to play the part lol. As long as they don't make him a Charles Mansion-lite, I'm all for it.

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-18-2011, 11:11 AM
The best part about all of this is, I think the writers obviously have their hands in there but, for the most part I think everything that Punk is doing is because he's allowed to have some part in creative as well. This whole angle from the last year with Punk could not have been created by these current WWE writers alone.

tittle97
01-18-2011, 11:13 AM
The best part about all of this is, I think the writers obviously have their hands in there but, for the most part I think everything that Punk is doing is because he's allowed to have some part in creative as well. This whole angle from the last year with Punk could not have been created by these current WWE writers alone.

This is what I said in a post last week. I'm not saying he's Hulk Hogan, but he must have some kind of input. And VKM is pretty big on him.

NightWolf
01-18-2011, 11:42 AM
I actually like the direction C.M Punk is heading toward. In a way with all of the manipulative-ness an way of getting things done he kind of reminds me of what Sean O'haire could have been. An if C.M Punk played any kind of hand in the creative direction of this storyline then kudos to him. I have been entertained by how unusual it is to me. I am mad at myself for missing Raw last night.

TocSin XXVII
01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I think he is doing an awesome job. He just needs a new catch phrase. The straight-edge better than you sucked. With America being more of a Christian country he generates real heat. Only a few wrestlers can generate true heat and I think CM Punk is currently the only one in the roster with real heat. Sure we aren't suppose to like Sheamus and others but they don't have real heat. I think it is impossible for CM Punk to go babyface after all this shit he is doing.

SaberToothTigerz
01-18-2011, 12:18 PM
It's refreshing and fits his character well. He's always had the look, now it's time to play the part lol. As long as they don't make him a Charles Mansion-lite, I'm all for it.

im getting a little tired of hearing people saying its refreshing or its fresh and new
i am starting to be rly pissed about this term

on topic i like cm punk's attitude maybe this is how he acts in real or how he chose to embrace his new persona.

mrbluto
01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
He is becoming more of a Charles Manson type. I hope they keep Punk and Cena battling through wrestle mania so Cena cant take the title back from Miz.

Jayoholic
01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
im getting a little tired of hearing people saying its refreshing or its fresh and new

Refreshing Refreshing Refreshing!

Stump
01-18-2011, 12:26 PM
So, Punk as the Joker....this would make Cena Batman?

SgtGohan
01-18-2011, 12:52 PM
So, Punk as the Joker....this would make Cena Batman?
not really atleast i do not remember a segment where cena's parents where killed.

NightWolf
01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
not really atleast i do not remember a segment where cena's parents where killed.

His dad got pimp slapped by Edge. Does that count?

SgtGohan
01-18-2011, 01:02 PM
His dad got pimp slapped by Edge. Does that count?
meeh not really, it also would make edge joe chill

Starscreamer
01-18-2011, 01:12 PM

on topic i like cm punk's attitude maybe this is how he acts in real or how he chose to embrace his new persona.

Refreshing is the new stale?

in gaming terms it seems that Punk is chaotic evil and now Barret is Lawful evil (yes I'm a D&Der, see my thoughs on Shamus's garb some time)
What I am enjoying is that we really CAN'T predict where this is going. Is he shooting for Cena? The title? Power? We see what he is doing...but no WHY...and I'm loving it

2bluntsup
01-18-2011, 02:54 PM
refreshing refreshing refreshing! refreshing

Stump
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM

I do not believe you are following the reference. Cena is always beinbg called "Supercena" on here. I'm thinkind Superman never fought the Joker. Oh, and Punk hasn't hda his face forced into a permanent insane grin, and Cena isnt from outer space.

I Know, Right??
01-18-2011, 03:48 PM
i like Punks style..That longer faith segment reminded me big of the ultimate warriors crazed and just dumb rambling, in how it seemed like belligerence, but then he made it work to some degree. Punk definitely shows how good he is on the mic, not to say he's the best but his comedic insanity is really backed up by the fact they are pushing him against Cena. It looks like he's taking the usual heel shortcuts, using nexus, although still being close to Cena's level where they want you to think maybe cena met his match...but its Uber-Cena, SuperCena or any other interchangeable " tagline, and the wwe's always goin from six to midnight in there pants with their love for Cena overcoming adversity and beating the odds, its their big draw though and they milk it

peppermill25
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
rEFRESHINg

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM

Uh dude....."refreshing" storylines IS A GOOD THING!

Cena being invincible is NOT refreshing.

Automatic
01-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Well it is good so far, it's only been like 2 or 3 weeks?

Jayoholic
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Uh dude....."refreshing" storylines IS A GOOD THING!

Cena being invincible is NOT refreshing.

Very refreshing response, and I refreshingly agree.

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Many of you are way off the mark. Hes insane? Are you kidding me?! Its only a gimmick in the ring. The straightedge lifestyle is real, but the rest is just for entertainment. His talks about faith, him raising his arms out before getting booted by Mason Ryan, talking about sacrifice, not afraid to take pain for a sacrafice etc. its about a Jesus Christ gimmick. He dabbled into it during his SES days, when he would call himself our saviour, and told us to put our hands out etc. Only when he looks at the camera with a dodgy facial expression he looks like Charles Manson.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Man. Reading everyone's response to my topic is so ...... REFRESHING! :)

Okay. Maybe Joker was a bad choice. How's about Lex Luther? Lol.

Androo
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
this has always been his "thing" since he went heel tho hasnt it?! certainly in ses! beefing things up a bit here. he only took a boot to the face, one, and its been one day since tht happened. and tht was just his show of commitment to nexus, and for them to have faith in him and a new member, and wasnt the main reason just so he could win before ryan dropped cena?!

Saiga
01-18-2011, 07:36 PM
as long he's all psycho now, i dont want to see john cena racking up wins but what are the odds? ;)