PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want in WWE?

Ruggy
09-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Petey Williams ladies and gents.... What a talent!!!

Former 2 time X division champion and currently more or less a free agent.

This guy has what it takes to make a big name for himself in WWE (IMO). He has talent, is a work-horse, pretty good mike skills and more importantly a DEVASTATING finisher.

Back in the days of Team Canada, this guy stood out amoungst a raw but talented buch of wrestlers, including Bobby Rude and Eric Young.

I wasn't too bothered by the whole "Little Petey Pump" gimmick, but it was good to see a performer like Scott Steiner (who's main-event status is pretty much over) actually putting in a little time and effort with Petey.

I for one would lock to see him lock horns with guys like Zack Ryder and The Miz. I think he could have some classic matches with the likes of Rey Misterio, Christian and even Jericho!!!!

What do you guys think?

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 09:47 AM
I would be nice to see Petey do the Canadian Destroyer on certain wrestlers but last time I read....he was a personal trainer?

The Watcher
09-10-2010, 09:49 AM
WWE don't let guys use a piledriver, do you honestly think the Canadian Destroyer would fit into their safety policy?

That said, with Danielson, Lo-ki & Sydal already on their books signing Williams would be a statement of intent to creating an X-Division of their own, and yeah, I'd like to see him on WWE programming.

Tim
09-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I would love to see Petey Williams on WWE, although I fear that he doesn't fit into the WWE's view of what a wrestler should look like. That is, he isn't extremely tall, muscles on top of muscles, etc. Which is a shame, because Petey Williams is extremely athletic and an awesome wrestler. We need more Petey Williams types in the WWE, and less of the generic brutes they have currently. As The Watcher said though, they do have some smaller wrestlers recently added to their roster. I'm hoping they don't get buried and that WWE even brings back or creates a belt for them.

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 10:14 AM
WWE don't let guys use a piledriver, do you honestly think the Canadian Destroyer would fit into their safety policy?

That said, with Danielson, Lo-ki & Sydal already on their books signing Williams would be a statement of intent to creating an X-Division of their own, and yeah, I'd like to see him on WWE programming.

Well....Undertaker uses the Tombstone and its a piledriver. Just saying.

WWE had an x-division, it was called cruiserweight but I want the light-heavyweight championship back.

Ruggy
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I think Undertaker is the exception to the rule regarding pile-drivers. I would love the light-heavyweight championship back.

SgtGohan
09-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Well....Undertaker uses the Tombstone and its a piledriver. Just saying.

WWE had an x-division, it was called cruiserweight but I want the light-heavyweight championship back.

he and kane are the only ones to use a piledriver.

The Watcher
09-10-2010, 11:09 AM
And even then its more just them kneeling down whilst holding somebody upside down, not the original "sit-down" version...

shanethewolf
09-10-2010, 11:45 AM
TNA were dumb to let him go, but after the little Petey Pump angle (had Russo written all over it) I bet Petey was desperate to get out of there.

I'll never understand why WWE and TNA humiliate their best stars like that with dumb gimmicks.

djsoulslayer
09-10-2010, 12:47 PM
If the WWE did sign Petey, they would never let him do the Canadian Destroyer for fear that one of their young viewers would try and perform it on one of their friends at school.

Wattsy
09-10-2010, 01:21 PM
just gotta say that pop up is funny as fuck

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
If the WWE did sign Petey, they would never let him do the Canadian Destroyer for fear that one of their young viewers would try and perform it on one of their friends at school.

Yeah....I love this move....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YBs3I8kDuw

It would be a shame if WWE said you can't do this move....

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:22 PM
So he's not coming to wwe? :-(

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Petey Williams in the WWE would be another reason to at least thinking about reviving the cruiserwei-err...I mean....LIGHT-Heavyweight division and bring back the high flying action.

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Petey Williams in the WWE would be another reason to at least thinking about reviving the cruiserwei-err...I mean....LIGHT-Heavyweight division and bring back the high flying action.

Name: Light Heavyweight Championship > Cruiserweight Championship
In Ring Action: Light Heavyweight Championship < Cruiserweight Championship

Ruggy
09-11-2010, 03:19 AM

Lets be honest, if some lad did it to another one in school, that would be BRILLIANT!!! :)

Back to reality (sorry), TNA used the move and I don't think I have read of any school kid trying the move. A finishing move can make a character (take Stone Cold for example).

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Name: Light Heavyweight Championship > Cruiserweight Championship
In Ring Action: Light Heavyweight Championship < Cruiserweight Championship

This I like. Light-Heavyweight makes it more respectable and prestigious.

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Light Heavyweight is a more prestigious title, Makes it seem like a secondary title.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Lets be honest, if some lad did it to another one in school, that would be BRILLIANT!!! :)

Back to reality (sorry), TNA used the move and I don't think I have read of any school kid trying the move. A finishing move can make a character (take Stone Cold for example).

I think there are vids of kids doing the Canadian Destroyer and botching it.

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 07:42 PM

i don't think any school kid could do it.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
09-13-2010, 07:27 PM
I've got no idea why Petey isn't working for a big Wrestling orginisation, that being said, with his body I do wonder if he'd pass a Wellness test.

Also, as for people saying he wouldn't be allowed to do the Canadian Destroyer, you've obviously forgot that Trevor Murdoch was using one in the WWE as his finisher until his departure

djsoulslayer
09-13-2010, 08:06 PM

Yeah but TNA mostly has an Adult audience. WWE is tailored for kids nowadays.

SilverGhost
09-13-2010, 10:52 PM

Ha! True!

Anyways Petey should go to the WWE. Only if they are bringing back the Light-Heavyweight title.

AGEOFFALL
09-14-2010, 02:31 AM

so true...

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 12:44 PM
But like I said last time, Petey should go to the WWE only if the Light-Heavyweight(cruiserweight) division returns. I hope with Bourne, Bryan, Punk, and Mysterio are enough reasons to get more high flying wrestling and restart the Light-Heavyweight division.

eyehatecena
09-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I would love to see Petey in WWE only if they used him right.....and let him do the Canadian Destroyer

AGEOFFALL
09-14-2010, 10:09 PM
I would love to see Petey in WWE only if they used him right.....and let him do the Canadian Destroyer

which i doubt they let him use.

eyehatecena
09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
I know, he does not have the right last name, is not related to anybody in WWE and is not an asskisser like some of the big starts

SilverGhost
09-16-2010, 07:53 PM
which i doubt they let him use.

Yeah Highly probable that the Canadian Destoryer would be banned.

Danny Des
09-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Sick of hearing about who TNA should snatch up from WWE. Lets turn the topic around.

jimenezern10
09-30-2010, 06:16 AM
id hate to say it, only cuz im not a fan of his, but Rob Terry would prolly get a nice push in the WWE

jrdudley
09-30-2010, 07:50 AM
rob terry would get fired in developmental,......anyways i think angelina love,and abyss would do real good there

Bodom
09-30-2010, 08:11 AM
rob terry would get fired in developmental,......anyways i think angelina love,and abyss would do real good there

Rob Terry was already fired from WWE Developmental. He was in FCW before TNA snatched him.

As far as who WWE should sign away from TNA? AJ Styles and Samoa Joe. nuff said

BaileyRose
09-30-2010, 08:20 AM

Abyss would become Kane an Undertakers whipping boy or a jobber. Vance Archer had better in-ring skills an he ended up getting squashed along with Curt Hawkins by the Big Show last friday. So Abyss would not stand a chance. As for Angelina- Look at Gail Kim, and Jillian Hall. WWE has a bad habit of keeping those who are actually good wrestlers from out of the spot light. Its just really sickening to me. I was even on the edge of my seat during that contender match Natalya won. I kept thinking Fox was going to win but it ended up being Natalya which made me super duper happy.

I would like to see AJ Styles in WWE. A lot of WWE's talents including the main eventers say they like him. He would go over very well nowadays compared to how he would have back when he almost signed that developmental contract back in 2002. He would atleast get upper mid card like Daniel Bryan or main event status. Knowing the WWE they would cash in on the opportunity an then rub it in TNA's face.

AndyWonder
09-30-2010, 08:32 AM
They should take Samoa Joe because I think Joe has outlived himself in TNA. They might be running out of things to do with him. AJ Styles would be interesting to see there going against fresh talent. Possibly Brutus Magnus as well. Perhaps put the Brit in a tag team with Wade Barrett.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-30-2010, 08:36 AM
They should take Samoa Joe because I think Joe has outlived himself in TNA. They might be running out of things to do with him. AJ Styles would be interesting to see there going against fresh talent. Possibly Brutus Magnus as well. Perhaps put the Brit in a tag team with Wade Barrett.

I agree with you 100%. I really like the idea of a brit team in WWE. They could even have William Regal as their manager.

WoodenBulldozer
09-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Two words...Kurt Angle

Bodom
09-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I agree with you 100%. I really like the idea of a brit team in WWE. They could even have William Regal as their manager.

This has win written all over it

marc
09-30-2010, 11:22 AM
I would love to see Eric Young in the WWE. It saddens me to see TNA misusing him in the way WWE misused Eugene and are misusing Santino Marella today. But, if I had to choose who to birng in, I would say the Guns. They may be the best tag team around and the WE is in serious need of some tag teams! As far as Magnus, bring Desmond Wolfe along to. Would not be a bad thing to have a British heel stable with Regal, Barrett, Magnus and Wolfe.

Kid_Gangsta
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
i dunno i just have a strong feeling in my gut that if Aj Styles were to go to WWE he would be a maineventer. but thats just me http://i55.tinypic.com/ealjc0.gif

Bodom
09-30-2010, 11:41 AM
I really hope so too.

CM Punk did it. So anything is possible

jrdudley
09-30-2010, 11:42 AM
i dont think so with thewomens divsion they are starting to relize that some of them suck you can tell
other than that they need more women who can wrestle and they would give them the title
if they got over which can be hard in wwe
aj styles should never go there hes tna all the way

other than that i think if robert roode went there also he would be good and samoa joe becuase they arent using him right tna is doing what wcw did to wwe back in 95 taking wwe talent after they turn 35 and dont want to travel anymore and giving them the spotlight and then all the younger cards are going to go to wwe and there going to rise in wwe ever since the wwe gu7ys came there...they havent been using neone right aj styles samoa joe give it a year and some one will be the next chris jericho in wwe

wallyman
09-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Udertaker is wwe....and just like him AJ styles is tna...he aintg going nowhere....:)

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 11:59 AM

Barrett and Magnus....WITH REGAL AS MANAGER!?

Dude why aren't you a writer? Dammit!

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Two words...Kurt Angle

I'm scared of this idea.

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm scared of this idea.

For reals. Hopefully he'd get the Shawn Michaels - Undertaker schedule

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:09 PM
For reals. Hopefully he'd get the Shawn Michaels - Undertaker schedule

What I'm scared of if Kurt goes to the WWE, he wouldn't be used properly.

Then again, how the hell you control a machine like Kurt?

And if he does go to the WWE, who does he fued with? Only name that comes up is Swagger.

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:15 PM
What I'm scared of if Kurt goes to the WWE, he wouldn't be used properly.

Then again, how the hell you control a machine like Kurt?

And if he does go to the WWE, who does he fued with? Only name that comes up is Swagger.

Swagger is a good choice. Maybe Evan Bourne in a way similar to Angle's feud with Mysterio years ago, a feud with Daniel Bryan would be an instant IWC boner, Punk.... The possibility's are there. As much faith as i'v lost in WWE, I doubt they would misuse Kurt.

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Swagger is a good choice. Maybe Evan Bourne in a way similar to Angle's feud with Mysterio years ago, a feud with Daniel Bryan would be an instant IWC boner, Punk.... The possibility's are there. As much faith as i'v lost in WWE, I doubt they would misuse Kurt.

Angle VS Bourne.....I admit it will be good. Not great but good.

Angle VS Swagger <---I would kill to see this.

Angle VS Bryan <----this reeks awesomeness.

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:23 PM

I say the Evan Bourne - Kurt Angle merely as a way to get Bourne over. Once Bourne learns how to cut a decent promo he can be super over as a sympathetic babyface

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Another fued in my mind is Angle and Undertaker.

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Another fued in my mind is Angle and Undertaker.

If Taker can stay healthy, this can be a Wrestlemania nerdgasm

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:33 PM
If Taker can stay healthy, this can be a Wrestlemania nerdgasm

I know. This rivalry should be in the books.

It would be very epic. The Machine and The Deadman.

Daniel Bryan
09-30-2010, 01:20 PM

im getting goose bumbs from thinking about these possible feuds

JimmytheBlack
09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Bring back Kevin Nash and put him on Raw

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Bring back Kevin Nash and put him on Raw

What will he do? GM? Announcer? I doubt a match with the Undertaker.

JimmytheBlack
09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
What will he do? GM? Announcer? I doubt a match with the Undertaker.

Main Event of course. He starts talking about how he's one of the only legends Ortan hasn't beat. 1. Nash get into Orton's head wins belt this goes back and forth for a few months. 2. During their match Edges gets Nash DQ'ed, and does off on his ego trip about how he's not gonna let some washed up legend steal his "thunder". Both pan out for Nash to be a face or heel. WWE fans will love him either way.

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Main Event of course. He starts talking about how he's one of the only legends Ortan hasn't beat. 1. Nash get into Orton's head wins belt this goes back and forth for a few months. 2. During their match Edges gets Nash DQ'ed, and does off on his ego trip about how he's not gonna let some washed up legend steal his "thunder". Both pan out for Nash to be a face or heel. WWE fans will love him either way.

I don't see Nash main eventing :\

JimmytheBlack
09-30-2010, 02:41 PM
If Nash isn't getting paid what he feels he should he's not going to work that hard in the ring. WWE has the bankroll TNA doesn't to get the best out of Kevin Nash.

the Bigz
09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Beer Money and MCMG

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
WWE does need tag teams.

the Bigz
09-30-2010, 04:02 PM
They could do a lot with Beer Money,I've always thought Roode has the potential to headline.

MCMG would be split up and fueding within a few months then future endeavoured but at least we'd get a few decent tag matches for a change!!

Robstar
09-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Finally someone mentioned Beer Money - but Roode recently signed a 3 year deal with TNA, so that's out for now. I was going to say James Storm. Since he was trained by HBK, I think he could convince him. I seriously think he would do well in WWE.

Also;
Samoa Joe
Kevin Nash
Jay Lethal
MCMG
Hernandez
Desmond Wolfe

merhardt03
09-30-2010, 04:30 PM
I like the Guns Idea. Please no rob g and cookie lol

Kid_Gangsta
09-30-2010, 04:36 PM
I Also like the idea of Robert Rude in WWE. For some reason he reminds me of Hunter IDK.

Murphdogg4
09-30-2010, 08:19 PM

Joe would get buried in the WWE for daring not to have a male model body. I do see generation me getting over there though.

IrkenInvader
09-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Joe would get buried in the WWE for daring not to have a male model body. I do see generation me getting over there though.

Big Show, Mark Henry, Rosey, Umaga, Big Daddy V, Matt Hardy,

bignasty1
10-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I'am pretty sure mcmg would be a good pick up beer money make the tag teams stronger,I could see sting wrestling guys like edge orton jericho.The wwe needs to tag up E.Bourne and kaval would be simliar to mcmg type tag team and team up V.Archer and Eli Cottonmwood kronic type tag team.

Yoyoh
10-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Jeff Hardy , if this is possible ?

marc
10-01-2010, 02:31 AM
I don't see Generation Me as a great tag team just yyet. They have some potential for midcarders, but not a lot more. I'm sorry but they just do not impress me yet. I especially don't like them as a heel tag team. Or, more specifically, not as a tough guy tag team that puts people out. I see them more as a spoiled rich kids tag team that wins by double team and underhandedness. I just don't see them as the tough guys that injure people. Oh, and more pertinate to this forum, I don't see them being used mush in WWE.

Yoyoh
10-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Oh, Angel VS Brayen .... really ? really ?

Murphdogg4
10-01-2010, 04:31 AM
besides the big show none of the guys you listed got a push for very long.

Danny Des
10-01-2010, 08:14 AM

Sounds awful

SilverGhost
10-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Jeff Hardy , if this is possible ?

"THE RE-RETURN OF JEFF HARDY!!!"

Wait....wha?

JimmytheBlack
10-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Sounds awful

We have already been dumb down by a talking laptop. At this point anything else would be refreshing

SilverGhost
10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Oh, Angel VS Brayen .... really ? really ?

Assuming its Angle...Angle vs Bryan is a MATCH!

JimmytheBlack
10-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Assuming its Angle...Angle vs Bryan is a MATCH!

I just see Angle squashing Bryan.

SilverGhost
10-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I just see Angle squashing Bryan.

You are not giving it a chance are you?

JimmytheBlack
10-01-2010, 12:28 PM
You are not giving it a chance are you?

I am. I'm just not as quick to Bryan on Angle's level. No one really is, they're just fortunate to try.

SilverGhost
10-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I am. I'm just not as quick to Bryan on Angle's level. No one really is, they're just fortunate to try.

Think of it another way. Not Daniel Bryan, but Bryan Danielson.

I do see Angle and Bryan being a great match. Both are great submisson specialists.

AGEOFFALL
10-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Kurt Angle.

Tommy Thunder
10-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Two words...Kurt Angle

Hear, hear!!
Pains me to say it will never happen though :(

Tha Crows Nest
10-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Jay Lethal

IrkenInvader
10-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Kennedy/Anderson, makes his return almost injures Orton again and is on TNA again.

Mr Perfect
10-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Kennedy/Anderson, makes his return almost injures Orton again and is on TNA again.

lololololol.

anyways I'd love to see Kurt Angle back (but it will never happen), maybe the Beer Money and MSMG(I believe that's the name, I rarely watch TNA. I think i've seen its 5 times.)

IrkenInvader
10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
lololololol.

anyways I'd love to see Kurt Angle back (but it will never happen), maybe the Beer Money and MSMG(I believe that's the name, I rarely watch TNA. I think i've seen its 5 times.)

This is a highlight reel of their best of 5 series a few months ago. I don't know what type of music you like so you might want to mute it, the guy who made it put a song on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9i1vCcGaLQ&feature=player_embedded

The KANEROONIE!!!
10-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Samoa Joe would have the potential to be a MONSTER in the WWE. I already see then trying to build Husky Harris up as their overweight heel one day, but Joe would be so much better. Samoa Joe vs. Orton anyone? Just sayin...

Beer Money: They already remind me of the APA of this era. With that being said, though, I think the PG rating would ruin them, as would Vince's apathy for tag teams.

RVD: Lets get one thing straight. Fans LOVE RVD. And ego aside, the guy does big things. I'm shocked nobody said it yet. RVD vs. CM Punk would be an interesting match if you ask me... but hey, I'm just a guy with a laptop...

D'Angelo Dinero: Again, ego aside. WWE Dropped the ball when they released him. It seems like they've been weighing options for a breakout black wrestler, and with his talking ability, he could've been it.

Mr. Anderson: Again, WWE Dropped the ball. Given he was very unlucky during his run, I still think they should've given him a little more time.

Kevin Nash: He loves money, and Vince has it. If he can still work a match, then he's a great asset, especially his drawing power for the older fans.

As I said, however, these are just my opinions...

the game
10-07-2010, 10:47 PM
my choise would be to see kurt angle back again..and aj styles feud with john morrison

SilverGhost
10-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Didn't you make this thread?

Robstar
10-31-2010, 09:23 PM
:confused: WWE has a long tradition of using Japanese wrestlers, albiet here and there and never with a decent push. I think Taka Michinoku was the biggest push of a Japanese wrestler I have seen the WWE. Mr Fuji & Professor Toru Tanaka (and later Mr.Saito) were notable early exceptions.

My question is, would Japanese stars be viable in WWE without resorting to stereotypes? Could WWE turn a profit by pushing an asian to mega stardom? The WWE claims to be global - no, UNIVERSAL - yet they are ignoring a large part of the market there. Hell, I've never seen so many bloody pommies on the roster! It's good, don't get me wrong, but I think WWE are guilty of concentrating on markets similar to the American demograph.

Of course, they'd have to bring back a cruiserweight division, since Vince doesn't like his musclebound monsters made to look bad by a little guy - which is why no matter what, Rey Mysterio will never get a strong, maintained push at the top. Both his World Title runs have been over in the blink of an eye.

Rich Cranium
10-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Even though I have no idea what a "bloody pommie" is, I do think they should hire more Japanese stars. Get Yoshi Tatsu to make some calls.

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Hell yes! Get more Japanese wrestlers. They have more talent than WWE's own wrestlers(maybe the ones who can hang with them are the "crusierweights" WWE has now.)

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Pommies is an Australian slang word for British people. But don't take it too seriously, it's not that bad. You guys are forgetting somone by the name of James Yun A.K.A Jimmy Wang Yang. I know he was born in America but I think he is Korean and he likes to eat sushi, thats close to the being Japanese, I think. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
私は寿司を利用だています
私は無限の知恵゠持っている
uは怒って???

Necroyeti
10-31-2010, 10:32 PM
No, I'd rather they stuck to their own Japanese promotions and the indys to be honest... anybody going to WWE with any interesting puroresu style would effectively be neutered during their first year in FCW anyway, being taught how to wrestle "the WWE way" by Dusty Rhodes or whatever. WWE sucks at pushing anyone from outside the Anglosphere anyway, so it would just fail.

Tommy Thunder
10-31-2010, 10:35 PM
IMO, the one problem WWE have in pushing Asian stars is the language barrier. You can't really have a guy at the top that can't speak english, or doesn't have good mic skills. Notable exceptions to this are Yokozuna and more recently The Great Khali. But after 1 title reign, look at where Khali is now. On the other hand, look at all the main guys in WWE; Cena, Orton, Edge, Show, Taker, Kane, Sheamus, Barrett, Mysterio etc. All can speak english.
Don't get me wrong, Asian talent from Japan and the likes are exceptionally talented, but look at Yoshi Tatsu. He's a very gifted athlete in the ring, but he doesn't speak much english, and he's barely used these days, and any hope of any sort of push at the moment is looking far away. One way to counter this could be to have the wrestlers wear a mask. Ultimo Dragon was Asian, and WWE really dropped the ball with a very talented wrestler with him, but he did get a sort of push while he was with WWE, as he feuded with Mysterio.

Bam
10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
No, I'd rather they stuck to their own Japanese promotions and the indys to be honest... anybody going to WWE with any interesting puroresu style would effectively be neutered during their first year in FCW anyway, being taught how to wrestle "the WWE way" by Dusty Rhodes or whatever. WWE sucks at pushing anyone from outside the Anglosphere anyway, so it would just fail.

I agree. Just look at my idol as Necroyetis signature. WWE can not handle somebody with that much talent.

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 10:40 PM

All of that wouldn't happen if the cruiserweight division were still around. -.-

Rich Cranium
10-31-2010, 10:46 PM
IMO, the one problem WWE have in pushing Asian stars is the language barrier. You can't really have a guy at the top that can't speak english, or doesn't have good mic skills. Notable exceptions to this are Yokozuna and more recently The Great Khali. But after 1 title reign, look at where Khali is now. On the other hand, look at all the main guys in WWE; Cena, Orton, Edge, Show, Taker, Kane, Sheamus, Barrett, Mysterio etc. All can speak english.
Don't get me wrong, Asian talent from Japan and the likes are exceptionally talented, but look at Yoshi Tatsu. He's a very gifted athlete in the ring, but he doesn't speak much english, and he's barely used these days, and any hope of any sort of push at the moment is looking far away. One way to counter this could be to have the wrestlers wear a mask. Ultimo Dragon was Asian, and WWE really dropped the ball with a very talented wrestler with him, but he did get a sort of push while he was with WWE, as he feuded with Mysterio.

I think Yokozuna was actually born in San Francisco and was of Samoan descent who could speak English like us.

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 10:50 PM
I agree. Just look at my idol as Necroyetis signature. WWE can not handle somebody with that much talent.

The Ultimo Dragon couldn't be handled!

HE IS TOO EPIC! 11 titles at once!

Robstar
10-31-2010, 10:51 PM

Which is a perfect excuse for bringing back managers as mourthpieces!

I am just saying it worked a treat to have lower card matches that were exciting and watchable rather than watching Jimmy Uso vs Vladimir Kozlov(another badly handled star)

Tider82
10-31-2010, 11:20 PM
I do agree on the fact that more Japanese stars would be a great addition to the WWE roster. Although, I am in strong belief that it would only work if they brought back the Cruiser Weight Championship. They already have enough lightweight competitors now to bring the title back, such as Mysterio, Bourne, Morrison, Bryan, Kaval, etc. Not even exactly sure if Morrison would be considered a lightweight but it would be a good way to give him the push he deserves! I also feel that none of these lightweight competitors will ever be given the push they deserve without a lightweight division. If they took the lightweights they have now and perhaps brought in 6-8 more lightweights, some Mexican superstars with mask is always a good thing, it would be a great addition to the roster in my opinion. I also feel like creative writing and the clothing designers are so horrible these days in WWE that there may not be anything to help.

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 11:26 PM
I do agree on the fact that more Japanese stars would be a great addition to the WWE roster. Although, I am in strong belief that it would only work if they brought back the Cruiser Weight Championship. They already have enough lightweight competitors now to bring the title back, such as Mysterio, Bourne, Morrison, Bryan, Kaval, etc. Not even exactly sure if Morrison would be considered a lightweight but it would be a good way to give him the push he deserves! I also feel that none of these lightweight competitors will ever be given the push they deserve without a lightweight division. If they took the lightweights they have now and perhaps brought in 6-8 more lightweights, some Mexican superstars with mask is always a good thing, it would be a great addition to the roster in my opinion. I also feel like creative writing and the clothing designers are so horrible these days in WWE that there may not be anything to help.

Only if Vinnie Mac would allow the restart of the Cruiserweight/Light-Heavyweight(I prefer Light-Heavyweight as a name since its more formal) division. Talent exchanges from Mexican and Japanese promotions for only that division. Morrison and CM Punk would fit also.

Just let the high flying and ground game action happen!

Robstar
10-31-2010, 11:53 PM
Only if Vinnie Mac would allow the restart of the Cruiserweight/Light-Heavyweight(I prefer Light-Heavyweight as a name since its more formal) division. Talent exchanges from Mexican and Japanese promotions for only that division. Morrison and CM Punk would fit also.

Just let the high flying and ground game action happen!

What about calling it middleweight?

SilverGhost
11-01-2010, 12:02 AM
What about calling it middleweight?

World Middleweight Championship.....I like the sound of that! But I feel that the IC and US titles are more of middleweight titles :\ but thats is my craziness talking.

I do see where you are going and I agree dude. So yes, the middleweight title!

Tommy Thunder
11-01-2010, 12:10 AM
I think Yokozuna was actually born in San Francisco and was of Samoan descent who could speak English like us.

Woah, my bad!

Robstar
11-01-2010, 12:12 AM
World Middleweight Championship.....I like the sound of that! But I feel that the IC and US titles are more of middleweight titles :\ but thats is my craziness talking.

I do see where you are going and I agree dude. So yes, the middleweight title!

Yeah, the IC/US are clearly not MW. But you know what I'm saying, since it's the done thing in other fighting sports, it lends a sense of further legitimacy to it don't you think?

SilverGhost
11-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah, the IC/US are clearly not MW. But you know what I'm saying, since it's the done thing in other fighting sports, it lends a sense of further legitimacy to it don't you think?

Yeah I agree. Either bring back the Light-Heavyweight title or debut the World Middleweight Championship.

I am 100% for this. Since in Boxing and MMA has it, why not the WWE?

Kashdinero
11-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Sorry to say this guys but the only way a middle weight title would work is if there was a lightweight/cruiserweight title as well as the heavyweight title. Otherwise what would it be in the middle of?

Tajiri had a great career in wwe, better than TAKA IMO. Not by a lot but he definitely had more interaction with the big stars. When tajiri was in the ring his size was never really an issue. TAKA had great matches though and basically WAS the lightweight division for a long time.

I wonder why tatsu's push stopped? He was getting great reactions and can definitely wrestle the WWE style.

Lastly I would love to see CIMA in the WWE if they were to ever revive the cruiserweight scene.

SaberToothTigerz
11-01-2010, 04:26 AM
A roster filled with japanese wrestlers or lots of masked mexican guys....no
we already have 1 masked mexican guy and its rey mysterio, and as for japanese wrestlers maybe we dont need it, unless they know how to speak a good english that they have good mic skills and can be outstanding in the ring which isnt hard for japanese people, or any cruiserweight for that matter, but let's face it, vince likes big guys he disgraced the cruiserweight championship at the very end making hornswoggle winning it from chavo, just how low do they make chavo go?
But a few more light heavyweight superstars would be a terrific ideia it just doesnt need to be all from mexico or japan. Make things a little more different..look at justin gabriel, he is from south africa right?

Mr. McMahon
11-01-2010, 07:30 AM
no thanks. They can't speak English and WWE has never been too big on Japanese guys, the most they are pushed to is the mid-card, they will almost never get a main event push or a World title shot. Guys like Tajiri, Funkaki, Taka were all being wasted.

Yoshi Tatsu is still a low carder in my opinion, he hasn't done shit, not even won a title or been in a serious feud. Why hire more of these guys when WWE is just gonna waste their talent and put them in stupid skits cause the average American audience loves laughing at Asian people because they can't speak English. No thanks, its disrespectful to the guys.