PDA

View Full Version : Why?.... Why?..... WHYYYYYYYY???

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Every year.

Every STUPID year.

I love Rumble time just as much as anyone else but...

Why?

Why do we have to go through...

OVER THE TOP ROPE CHALLENGES?????

Its a constant thing in WWE....

It ALWAYS happens like two or 3 weeks before Royal Rumble.

I know they try to hype it but, c'mon.

It's getting ridonkulous.

Automatic
01-18-2011, 09:48 AM
To give jobbers some airtime, they might get unhappy :(

CobraNightviper
01-18-2011, 09:51 AM
speaking of jobbers I bet the rumble this year will be full of them.
To give jobbers some airtime, they might get unhappy :(

vbirwin
01-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Like Auto said. It's to give Midcarders and Jobbers a chance to look good and maybe even win since only one of about half a dozen guys has any shot of winning the actual Rumble. They just announced 21 entries and of that list only three have any real shot of getting the win.

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Like Auto said. It's to give Midcarders and Jobbers a chance to look good and maybe even win since only one of about half a dozen guys has any shot of winning the actual Rumble. They just announced 21 entries and of that list only three have any real shot of getting the win.

I'd say 5 of those names. But, Okay.

Jayoholic
01-18-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't see a problem with it. Matter of fact, it was pretty entertaining. I thought they was going to let Sheamus win, but if he didn't, I knew Mark Henry would. I didn't see anyone else out there other than Sheamus capable of eliminating him unless they got someone to distract him.

loyalDTF
01-18-2011, 02:05 PM
I dont know, making it a 40 man kinda bummed me out alittle, maybe it shouldnt, but now it seems to be a waste of time. ima still watch it but 40 people is too much. I feel like its gona shorten the individual matches before the rumble

Rassling_Fan
01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't see a problem with it. Matter of fact, it was pretty entertaining. I thought they was going to let Sheamus win, but if he didn't, I knew Mark Henry would. I didn't see anyone else out there other than Sheamus capable of eliminating him unless they got someone to distract him.

Didn't R-Truth Eliminate both him and the Big Show, AT THE SAME TIME?!?

HeelTurn
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Didn't R-Truth Eliminate both him and the Big Show, AT THE SAME TIME?!?

Thats right, but in the tradition of the 2010 Rumble, was eliminated quickly after.

Kashdinero
01-18-2011, 03:36 PM
During that segment Cole said something along the lines of "look at all of these Superstars filling up the ring"....

What he should have said is "look at all of these Superstars Superstars filling up the ring!" ; )

peppermill25
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
whoes gon be number 1 2 3 10 20 25 30 31 38 39 and 40???

Necroyeti
01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
edit: nevermind

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 05:11 PM
The over the top rope challenge matches are supposed to be previews for the real PPV. It hypes it up, to those who may have forgotten about what the Rumble is all about, and to the children who haven't watched one yet because they have just become wrestling fans.

In the real Rumble, I do hope that all of the giants get eliminated. But I think they're going to let Big Show stay in there for a while, since hes so over.

SevenCagedTigers
01-18-2011, 05:58 PM

What I like most about the Rumble is potential winners declaring that they'll win the rumble. It makes the Rumble feel actually unpredictable. This year, we have Alberto Del Rio, who may just well win it. Cena has said he's going to win the Rumble. King Seamus certainly has the credentials to win it. and Mark Henry just proved he may have a chance.

Then again, either Christian or HHH will probably return from injury as the 40th entrant and win the whole damn thing, LOLOLOLOLOLOL

SevenCagedTigers
01-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I dont know, making it a 40 man kinda bummed me out alittle, maybe it shouldnt, but now it seems to be a waste of time. ima still watch it but 40 people is too much. I feel like its gona shorten the individual matches before the rumble

It won't shorten the matches, they'll probably just make the countdown timer go faster. It used to be 2 minutes, but in recent years they shortened it down to 1:30, right? Maybe this year they'll just shorten the timer to one-minute intervals, meaning a 40-minute initial rumble with probably a 20 minute run-off. Just a thought. Or a PROPHESY.

The Hipster
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I love the Rumble and battle royals! I don't care if they're jobbing or not. Give me more!

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 07:22 PM
It won't shorten the matches, they'll probably just make the countdown timer go faster. It used to be 2 minutes, but in recent years they shortened it down to 1:30, right? Maybe this year they'll just shorten the timer to one-minute intervals, meaning a 40-minute initial rumble with probably a 20 minute run-off. Just a thought. Or a PROPHESY.

I'd rather have a longer match! It makes you wait in anticipation to see whos going to win. Just when you think someone is going to be in there until the end, someone enters the Rumble and eliminates him! Thats what I want to see.