PDA

View Full Version : 40-Man Royal Rumble

HHHBK
01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
What are your thoughts of WWE putting 40 superstars in the rumble match?

Adam Bomb II
01-17-2011, 02:18 PM
What are your thoughts of WWE putting 40 superstars in the rumble match?

Overkill. And why mess with a concept that works? The Rumble is one of their most popular events, so for me it just doesnt make any sense.

K2Jelly
01-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Overkill. And why mess with a concept that works? The Rumble is one of their most popular events, so for me it just doesnt make any sense.

Exactly. At some points, the match might be filled with jobbers that no one cares about.

HHHBK
01-17-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm a bit on both sides, i believe that it could get to crowded with people no care about, but I also want to wait and see how WWE handles this.

Adam Bomb II
01-17-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm a bit on both sides, i believe that it could get to crowded with people no care about, but I also want to wait and see how WWE handles this.

Oh, I totally agree. It could possibly work, but I just have my doubts. I'm crossing everything, and hoping for the best! :)

arsenhole
01-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Exactly. At some points, the match might be filled with jobbers that no one cares about.

do you really think they would extend the rumble to get more jobbers in? let me answer that for you HELL NO if they are expanding it i can only assume it's because they feel the need to make room for more stars or because it will play into the mania build up but either way more ppl for me equals more excitement so i like it

arsenhole
01-17-2011, 02:55 PM
the fact is it's the same royal rumble just 10 more ppl things will go just like they have always gone in the rumble it will just be more ppl which means it will be longer

justin sane
01-17-2011, 03:05 PM
im guessing a 1:30 between each superstar?

Trip_Fisk
01-17-2011, 03:08 PM
I could be more impressive to see someone win from the number 1 or 2 spots

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 03:08 PM
I don't see anything wrong with 10 extra guys having the opportunity to work a PPV. It's not like the match isn't usually a clusterfuck, anyways; now it's just going to be a little bit more of a clusterfuck. Nothing worth getting upset about, really.

Kashdinero
01-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Back in the early 90's the E put on a few 40 man Battle Royale's!

CobraNightviper
01-17-2011, 03:15 PM
and alot of rumbles already had jobbers that no one cared about just look at some of the past ones.

NightWolf
01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Well I guess we might actually see some more Santino Marella-styled eliminations!

homer75751
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm hoping it's the WWE's way of trying new feuds out which they need to do anyway. It could also be a way to come up with new ideas to get the ratings going again.

thejman93
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't see anything wrong with 10 extra guys having the opportunity to work a PPV. It's not like the match isn't usually a clusterfuck, anyways; now it's just going to be a little bit more of a clusterfuck. Nothing worth getting upset about, really.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/9/20/128979458990656882.jpg

nrb6304
01-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I think that if there are 10 more spots there is bound to be more then 1 big return.
Now I'm waiting for Triple H's music, Christian's music, and Y2J's music.

HHHBK
01-17-2011, 03:33 PM
maybe we could see the Bushwhackers make a return.

wallyman
01-17-2011, 03:33 PM
welll survivor series is ruined...now the rumble....i guess wwe will find a way to ruin wm and summerslam...so much for the big 4 its just 2 now...i aint ordering to see the rumble...considering the roster wwe has its so predictable who will win

NightWolf
01-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Could have been a typo.. You never know?

thejman93
01-17-2011, 03:37 PM
welll survivor series is ruined...now the rumble....i guess wwe will find a way to ruin wm and summerslam...so much for the big 4 its just 2 now...i aint ordering to see the rumble...considering the roster wwe has its so predictable who will win

easy there sparky... I think we will see somebody other than Cena or Orton win it this year. ADR and Christian look like good candidates to me.

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
I want Christian to win :P

RampantLion2010
01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
The E gives bonuses for being on screen at the Big Four every year (Royal Rumble, Wrestlem..ania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series). Some of these kids might get future endeavored after the Rumble.....

Adam Bomb II
01-17-2011, 03:41 PM
easy there sparky... I think we will see somebody other than Cena or Orton win it this year. ADR and Christian look like good candidates to me.

Please, PLEASE, let it be Alberto or Christian!!! (Or SWAGGAH, but hey that's probably just me :D)

PrimusSucks
01-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Not counting the 4 people already booked in matches, injured superstars, and Michael Tarver(hasn't been seen and is healed), we have 44 people who can enter the Rumble if only using main roster superstars, hopefully this is WWE's way of giving everyone a pay per view match.

SDR
01-17-2011, 03:43 PM
l hope Tripple H is not in the Royal Rumble, l think everyone or maybe most wrestling fans is waiting for "time to play the Game" but it would be more exciting if he were to just come out and go after Sheamus, it would be a good way to eliminate Sheamus and kick off their road to WrestleMania. Chris Jericho, if he comes back can basically do what he wants, he really doesn't have to work for that main event spot anymore, the fans want to see him. Christian on the other hand, he needs and deserves to be elevated. Hunter, Jericho, Undertaker and even John Cena really don't need a title anymore to be considered a main event draw.

Bammer
01-17-2011, 03:44 PM
might get some suprise returns again like in 2001...i dont know what 2 think of this...i dont know if i like or not!

Lance Storm
01-17-2011, 03:49 PM
If it ain't broke....

HeelTurn
01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
It will accomodate all the Nexus members from Raw and Smackdown, throw in a couple of NXT rookies, a few veterans/legends and a returning superstar and 40 can easily be filled, and I agree seeing someone enter at number 1 and go over the 1 hour would be impressive.

sporty
01-17-2011, 04:16 PM
with those brands that raw and SD have to do 40 man RR match means a lot of comebacks !Hell yeah!
HHH,ytj mabe,christian and Undertaker maybe?!

daverende5
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
It will accomodate all the Nexus members from Raw and Smackdown, throw in a couple of NXT rookies, a few veterans/legends and a returning superstar and 40 can easily be filled, and I agree seeing someone enter at number 1 and go over the 1 hour would be impressive.

You're the only person who finally mentioned about the nexus members, it's really clear: they need spots for the Nexus Members.
(Only very irritating: 4 a 8 times -> we walk alone...)

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Hahaha. This ruins the Rumble for you? Really?

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 04:41 PM
If it ain't broke....

Keep fixing it until it is!

RomanFlare
01-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Maybe this is the 'E's way of topping last year's glorious promos by Punk?

Personally I think the more entrants will lower the time between entrances, and also improve the story of the rumble (Punk goes on a roll, here comes Cena/Barrett, DB comes in and eliminates them all</dream>). Thankfully Orton almost definitely be in the Rumble, so a Jericho return doesn't turn into what Jericho/Edge was last year, instead with a less interesting cast.

thedominator92
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Why not go to the 60 man battle royals and have two rings.

RomanFlare
01-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Why not go to the 60 man battle royals and have two rings.

With a Hell in a Cell around one ring and an Elimination Chamber around the other!

E-C-DUBYA! E-C-DUBYA! E-C-DUBYA!

Sidebar: This reminds me, bring back 3 Stages of Hell.

JohnnyPhantom
01-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Just go to the classic WCW style of the three rings and 60 like someone said before.

40 doesnt bother me, it just means more superstars and more potential for legends to sneak in. I see no problem with that

KJ PUNK
01-17-2011, 05:38 PM
To be honest, they probably should've uped it to 40 in 2002 after the Invasion angle. They had a HUGE roster then and it easily could've been more exciting.

AGEOFFALL
01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
40 Men? Maybe finally they'll pass the one hour mark, something they haven't done since 2006.

Robstar
01-17-2011, 06:04 PM
It wasn't so long ago we were complaining about WWE having such a lack of depth in their roster now they're pretty stacked. Not all quality wrestlers but still. So when you take into account the inevitable title matches, even if they only have WWE and WHC title matches and NOTHING else besides the Rumble, that's 44 wrestlers and that's not counting Divas (obviously).

I wonder if they'll try squeezing a couple of 'legends' in there? Or fall back on NXT guys?

Also, let's not forget, all those old firsts and records and such will be safe from being eclipsed. Like, winning it from number 1 will take on a different meaning and so all those old records, such as Kane's amount of eliminations won't mean any less

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
It wasn't so long ago we were complaining about WWE having such a lack of depth in their roster now they're pretty stacked. Not all quality wrestlers but still. So when you take into account the inevitable title matches, even if they only have WWE and WHC title matches and NOTHING else besides the Rumble, that's 44 wrestlers and that's not counting Divas (obviously).

I wonder if they'll try squeezing a couple of 'legends' in there? Or fall back on NXT guys?

They will probably get suprise names and a few legends. Ricky Steamboat anyone? xD

pauldwku
01-17-2011, 06:22 PM
40 Man Rumble who would be in it:
1. Alex Riley
2. CM Punk
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Darren Young
5. David Hart Smith
6. David Otunga
7. Goldust
8. The Great Khali
9. Heath Slater
10. Husky Harris
11. Jackson Andrews
12. Alberto Del Rio
13. Big Show
14. John Cena
15. John Morrison
16. Justin Gabriel
17. Mark Henry
18. Michael McGilluttty
19. R-Truth
20. Santino Marella
21. Sheamus
22. Ted Dibiase
23. Vladimir Kozlov
24. William Regal
25. Chavo Guerrero
26. Chris Masters
27. Cody Rhodes
28. Drew McIntrye
29. Ezekiel Jackson
30. Jack Swagger
31. Finley
32. Kane
33. Kofi Kingston
34. Rey Mysterio
35. Tyler Reks
36. Wade Barrett
37. Tyson Kidd
38. Undertaker? or loser of one of the World Title matches
39. Triple H?
40. Christian?

To me, it gets the whole roster involved, and it can set up a ton of storylines down the line. To me, it's a good idea.

wallyman
01-17-2011, 06:23 PM

i hope ur right man...i really do....as i am gettin suick of wwe claiming they push young talent yet no one can get over or cena

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 06:25 PM
i hope ur right man...i really do....as i am gettin suick of wwe claiming they push young talent yet no one can get over or cena

Vinnie won't allow it anyways. He will milk Cena for cash. That much is implied.

As for the rumble, Cena won't win it.

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 06:26 PM

Also, let's not forget, all those old firsts and records and such will be safe from being eclipsed. Like, winning it from number 1 will take on a different meaning and so all those old records, such as Kane's amount of eliminations won't mean any less
Some will complain no matter what the WWE does. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

What's so magical about the number 30, anyways? And why are people so terrified of change? I really fail to see why a big deal is being made out of this, like, at all. It's so silly and insignificant.

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
A win over Cena is not the only way to push young talent, man.

pauldwku
01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
My top 3 candidates I think should win the Rumble.

1. CM Punk- Nexus works together and helps Punks to win the match
2. Wade Barrett- Same as Punk
3. Alberto Del Rio- He is red hot right now, a win at the Rumble would make sense and build him up even more to become a top star

The reason I don't think Christian or Triple H should not win the Rumble is that the past few years have been the injured returning superstar winning the Rumble, to me they need to try a new idea.

wallyman
01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Vinnie won't allow it anyways. He will milk Cena for cash. That much is implied.

As for the rumble, Cena won't win it.

i hope ADR wins he is the next big thing...oh well..i dont trust the E no more

Robstar
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Some will complain no matter what the WWE does. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

What's so magical about the number 30, anyways? And why are people so terrified of change? I really fail to see why a big deal is being made out of this, like, at all. It's so silly and insignificant.

Yeah, it's the so-called wrestling 'purists' or whatever they're called who never want anything to change. They are the "It's Still Real To Me Guy" brigade. Of course if things didn't change, they'd complain about and/or soon lose interest in it.

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
i hope ADR wins he is the next big thing...oh well..i dont trust the E no more

Since when you ever had? You are pro TNA.

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
My top 3 candidates I think should win the Rumble.

1. CM Punk- Nexus works together and helps Punks to win the match
2. Wade Barrett- Same as Punk
3. Alberto Del Rio- He is red hot right now, a win at the Rumble would make sense and build him up even more to become a top star

The reason I don't think Christian or Triple H should not win the Rumble is that the past few years have been the injured returning superstar winning the Rumble, to me they need to try a new idea.

Christian is the more deserving one. Cena destroyed that when he came back.

Edge vs Christian is the dream....

but I agree with the 3 guys.

sporty
01-17-2011, 06:32 PM
goldust injured ,khali is out of action 4 now,jackson return 2 FCW

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 06:33 PM

Oh well....add in a few legends.

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah, it's the so-called wrestling 'purists' or whatever they're called who never want anything to change. They are the "It's Still Real To Me Guy" brigade. Of course if things didn't change, they'd complain about and/or soon lose interest in it.
Yep. Spot on.

I really don't understand why people will continue to watch or follow something that they go out of their way to find things to complain about. There's a certain masochistic quality to that (minus the whole sexual aspect of it, of course).

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Jackson Andrews? Already? Hahahaha. That was quick.

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Yep. Spot on.

I really don't understand why people will continue to watch or follow something that they go out of their way to find things to complain about. There's a certain masochistic quality to that (minus the whole sexual aspect of it, of course).

I guess those people just love to complain....

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
I guess those people just love to complain....

The internet would be a ridiculously small fraction of its current size if people didn't.

arsenhole
01-17-2011, 06:59 PM

if you know whose going to win this rumble then tell me cause i don't know my best guess is christian but there are many other guys who could win so plz tell me and how the hell is the rumble ruined basically it's the same thing only more ppl and more time it's not like they removed the over the top rope rule or something so what exactly are you BITCHING about

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 07:00 PM
The internet would be a ridiculously small fraction of its current size if people didn't.

Sometimes.....I wish that would happen....for once....meet the good peeps...

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Damn I went to walk the dog and came back and someone already posted their Rumble card. Well heres mine(the other matches too)

On that thought, I believe this is how it might work, given that there will be only 2 male matches outside of the Royal Rumble- The WWE title match, and the World Heavyweight title match.

This is how I think the PPV will be(not in any order):

WWE Championship
The Miz (c) vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Divas Championship
Natalya (c) vs. Melina

40-man Royal Rumble match
Participants:

1) Daniel Bryan
2) Primo Colon
3) David Hart Smith
4) Tyson Kidd
5) David Otunga
6) Husky Harris
7) Michael McGillicutty
8) CM Punk
9) Sheamus
10) Ted Dibiase
11) Zack Ryder
12) Santino Marella
13) Vladimir Kozlov
14) Mark Henry
15) John Morrison
16) Jey Uso
17) Jimmy Uso
18) Alberto Del Rio
19) Jack Swagger
20) Heath Slater
21) Justin Gabriel
22) Ezekiel Jackson
23) Wade Barrett
24) The Big Show
25) Chavo Guerrero
26) Chris Masters
27) Drew McIntyre
28) Kane
29) Tyler Reks
30) Rey Mysterio
31) Kofi Kingston
32) Cody Rhodes
33) Trent Barreta
34) Alex Riley(maybe, if hes not injured by Orton in the WWE title match)
35) The Great Khali(assuming hes brought back to compete as as a Royal Rumble attraction, like every year)
36) Return from injury/Surprise entrant
37) Return from injury/Surprise entrant
38) Return from injury/Surprise entrant
39) Return from injury/Surprise entrant
40) Return from injury/Surprise entrant

I left 5 spots open because I believe that WWE will have some major returns in the Rumble. Also, like they do every year, theres a surprise entrant that isn't signed to a WWE contract. And sometimes, theres a shocking entrant eg. Beth Phoenix.

I believe that the spots may be taken by:

*Triple H- hes been at WWE events(not shown on tv) recently. He competed(lightly, but still competed) against ADR at a WWE Fan Appreciation Event, and appeared after the show ended at Tribute to the Troops for another DX reunion.
*Christian- he is clear to compete in January, before the Rumble, and is moving around just fine(he did an autograph signing at FCW 3 days ago).
*Maybe a diva? Beth Phoenix? Or possibly Kong?
*An entrant outside of WWE? No idea who it could be though
*Jerry Lawler? Ron Simmons?(in honor of the WCW-themed HOF)

arsenhole
01-17-2011, 07:07 PM
do you consider christian young?

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 07:13 PM
do you consider christian young?

Hes not young, but hes deserving of a world title. At least before he retires. Edge is a month younger than Christian, and hes won several world titles, and is continuing doing that to this day. Why can't they do it with Christian?

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Hes not young, but hes deserving of a world title. At least before he retires. Edge is a month younger than Christian, and hes won several world titles, and is continuing doing that to this day. Why can't they do it with Christian?

Iron Ape will get me for this but I still say its his TNA past.

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Several years back, Christian had some headshots (which are glamour shots for actors/wrestlers) taken, and Vince said they were the worst he had ever seen. He then said, because of those pics, that Christian would never be main event material (Vince is superficial like that). And once Vince makes his mind up about something, that's pretty much that.

Adam Bomb II
01-17-2011, 07:24 PM
After thinking about it for a couple of hours and seeing peoples comments, i'm slowly warming up to the idea. At first i wasn't too cool with it, mainly because it's my favourite PPV, but also because i was worried the rumble itself would be too rushed. But on second thought i can see loads of potential in it, so i'm just hoping to be pleasantly surprised!
Still hoping for a Swagger win.... Although i know it wont happen.
I would also love to see Christian, Del Rio or Punk take it home. :)

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Iron Ape will get me for this but I still say its his TNA past.

Jeff Hardy once left WWE to go to TNA, and he ended up getting a world title when he came back. So, really, I'm not buying that TNA has anything to do with it.

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Jeff Hardy once left WWE to go to TNA, and he ended up getting a world title when he came back. So, really, I'm not buying that TNA has anything to do with it.

I think thats out of the question. Because Jeff, and Christian are way over with the fans, so it must be something else that is keeping Vince from giving Christian the world title.

Several years back, Christian had some headshots (which are glamour shots for actors/wrestlers) taken, and Vince said they were the worst he had ever seen. He then said, because of those pics, that Christian would never be main event material (Vince is superficial like that). And once Vince makes his mind up about something, that's pretty much that.

That is indeed superficial. What does a wrestler's look have to do with their wrestling ability?

nrb6304
01-17-2011, 07:40 PM

I like to keep my cool but...
HOW THE FUCK DID THEY RUIN THE RUMBLE?!?! BY ADDING 10 MORE BLOKES?!?!
Seriously?! I don't think so

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 07:42 PM
That is indeed superficial. What does a wrestler's look have to do with their wrestling ability?
What does wrestling ability have to do with who Vince chooses to be the poster boy for his company? I totally get what you're saying, but that stuff has never really been of much importance to him. I mean, you are familiar with this guy, right?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1bWy1jCW-GKulM:http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr131/FiftyDollarCurse/Hulk%20Hogan/Hulk_Hogan_-_Terry_Bolea_14.jpg&t=1

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 07:43 PM
I think thats out of the question. Because Jeff, and Christian are way over with the fans, so it must be something else that is keeping Vince from giving Christian the world title.

-coughOrton-

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 07:46 PM
What does wrestling ability have to do with who Vince chooses to be the poster boy for his company? I totally get what you're saying, but that stuff has never really been of much importance to him. I mean, you are familiar with this guy, right?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1bWy1jCW-GKulM:http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr131/FiftyDollarCurse/Hulk%20Hogan/Hulk_Hogan_-_Terry_Bolea_14.jpg&t=1

Yeah lol.

-coughOrton-

That is one handsome son of a bitch though, I must say.

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah lol.

That is one handsome son of a bitch though, I must say.

Lol handsome=/=wrestling skill

He wouldn't last against real wrestlers with his crappy style.

RomanFlare
01-17-2011, 08:00 PM
You know what would be an incredible surprise that would make every hardcore wrestling fan mark out?

Entrant #40: THE GREAT MUTA!

PS: If he's still alive (I'm not sure how old he is)

SaberToothTigerz
01-17-2011, 08:05 PM
lol with this 40 man battle royal i hope every guy gets in it at the same time and then BAM the ring collapses xD

arsenhole
01-17-2011, 08:06 PM
I like to keep my cool but...
HOW THE FUCK DID THEY RUIN THE RUMBLE?!?! BY ADDING 10 MORE BLOKES?!?!
Seriously?! I don't think so

i felt the same way you do when i saw that message it pissed me off

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 08:11 PM
If anyone has doubts about the Rumble, just look at my Rumble card a few pages back..most of the wrestlers in the Rumble on my card have done something good in WWE, like win a title.

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 08:14 PM
You know what would be an incredible surprise that would make every hardcore wrestling fan mark out?

Entrant #40: THE GREAT MUTA!

PS: If he's still alive (I'm not sure how old he is)

He is alive. 46 is his age.

Rassling_Fan
01-17-2011, 08:20 PM

So what was Cena before getting pushed to what he is now? Or how about current champions the Miz and Daniel Bryan?

Honestly, what's the big deal of adding 10 men to a match like the Rumble. It'll just make it longer which is always a good thing in my book.

Androo
01-17-2011, 09:20 PM
aye, no biggy at all, should still be good!! its not gna have any impact at all on the match - just a bit longer, more jobbyish quick eliminations, which aint gona matter because all of us know that darren young or whoever isnt going to win. i actually tried to count the entrants and i couldnt do it, there was too many wrestlers and then they go and increase it, good mind control freaky deaky shit there, cheers. i would like to see christian win it, but i dnt think it will happen tho. could be ADR, but could likely be one of the big 2 im unwillingly predicting, with an outside chance for cmpunk(to take on the person who beats miz for title) or john morrison(to take on miz for title, reignite their history). i would mark for a regal win major rager! or CAN U DIG IT SUCKAAAAA - booker t holy shit hes returned!!!! haha. or goldberg!!! edit. aah shit forgot about a return for the best in the world at what he does!!! love tht to happen also!!

AndyWonder
01-17-2011, 09:43 PM
It would be interesting for them to do a 40-man as a trial it at one royal rumble event. Perhaps in 2012 or any other year after. If they like how it goes, they can keep it that way and if they are not impressed then they can scrap the idea forever.

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 09:46 PM
It would be interesting for them to do a 40-man as a trial it at one royal rumble event. Perhaps in 2012 or any other year after. If they like how it goes, they can keep it that way and if they are not impressed then they can scrap the idea forever.
Why try it in 2012 as opposed to this year?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Meh, I like the idea of the 40 man Rumble. The only thing it'll change is the length of the match, and that'll be for the better anyway. There is gonna be like zero undercard for the ppv, but that's alright. Maybe they'll give both the championship matches 20+ minutes.

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 12:30 AM
I wanna see him as a suprise entrant. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3jZg-L05c&feature=related

Bodom
01-18-2011, 12:32 AM
I wanna see him as a suprise entrant. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3jZg-L05c&feature=related

I see you're Nathan Jones ans raise you this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaKubaqvFw

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 12:38 AM
I see you're Nathan Jones ans raise you this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaKubaqvFw

Not bad....I raise you this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfQ7bJ8OTXc&feature=related

red-fishy
01-18-2011, 06:07 AM
that means Beth Phoenix will be there

TocSin XXVII
01-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Now that the odds of winning the Royal Rumble are greater, 40:1, they will have a lot more wrestlers/jobbers. But we already know that. With 40 wrestlers it allows a lot more people to cheer for their favorite wrestler. Lets face it, we all have a favorite and someone always feels that their favorite wrestler should be champion.

If your favorite wrestler comes in at # 4 you think that he has no fighting chance in hell to win the RR unless he makes it to the end. So how can we get every fan excited thinking their favorite wrestler has a chance? The answer is easy, have them all make it to the end.

This will never happen, I know, but hey it is worth putting it on paper.

NightWolf
01-18-2011, 01:28 PM
I am still pulling for Christian to win it.

TocSin XXVII
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
I am still pulling for Christian to win it.

So would you mark out if Christian came out as number 8 and then make it to the end?

68wPayne
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
My money is on either John Morrison or Christian

2bluntsup
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't see christian winning this year bcuz they did that the last two years with john cena and edge coming back from injury as a surprise entrant. Its a pick em this year!

HeelTurn
01-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Want Christian to win.
Predict Del Rio to win.
Expecting Cena to win.

Mikeyboy7777777
01-18-2011, 03:31 PM
i dont'care i just want christian to win it honestly i dont'want anybody else to win it maybe maybe cm punk but i want christian to shine before he get's too old and starts filming himself eating grapes and let himself go cough cough hardy syndrome nah kidding i just want him to get his shot before edge retires and before the most awaited feud in my life ever dies

thejman93
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Want Christian to win.
Predict Del Rio to win.
Expecting Cena to win.

I have a feeling Cena and Punk will screw each other in the Rumble to set up a 'Mania match between them. ADR will have plenty of oppurtunities to shine but Christian's chances are becoming fewer and fewer.

Automatic
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
I think it's going to be Morisson, they've been pushing him slowly and he's the only one who hasn't been bragging that he is going to win the Rumble, either way, WWE will suprise us.

Necroyeti
01-18-2011, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Entry #1 smashes the implied odds to win it, just for the sheer novelty of breaking many RR records.

But man, this match is SO gonna drag around the #10-#39 mark... and it'll likely be the longest match in recent WWE history, no?

Stump
01-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Want Christian to win.
Predict Del Rio to win.
Expecting Cena to win.

if you EXPECT cena to win, how can you PREDICT del rio lol

HeelTurn
01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
if you EXPECT cena to win, how can you PREDICT del rio lol

Lol well I predict Del Rio due to how hes been on a roll on Raw and Smackdown and the WWE seems to want to push a lot of new guys. Deep down though I can see Cena winning to face Miz at Mania especially after their interaction on Raw.

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Entry #1 smashes the implied odds to win it, just for the sheer novelty of breaking many RR records.

But man, this match is SO gonna drag around the #10-#39 mark... and it'll likely be the longest match in recent WWE history, no?

Yeah longest in quite a while. Longer than last year's Rumble, and longer than the Ironman match that Cena and Orton had in 2009.

On topic: The ring may not be able to hold 40 wrestlers! If you get someone even hitting a scoop slam the ring gets weaker. And it would be a clusterfuck :P

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 05:22 PM
I want Christian or Del Rio to win. These two for good pushes.

Necroyeti
01-18-2011, 05:28 PM
On topic: The ring may not be able to hold 40 wrestlers! If you get someone even hitting a scoop slam the ring gets weaker. And it would be a clusterfuck :P
I fully expect:
3...2...1...BZZZZZZZT
BRRRRRR APPLEDOUGH
BAH GAWD CENA
*eliminates like 10 jobbers in <1 minute*

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 05:29 PM
I fully expect:
3...2...1...BZZZZZZZT
BRRRRRR APPLEDOUGH
BAH GAWD CENA

Carries 10 guys and throws them over xD

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 05:29 PM
I fully expect:
3...2...1...BZZZZZZZT
BRRRRRR APPLEDOUGH
BAH GAWD CENA

What the hell does appledough have anything to do with Cena?!
But I do expect him to dominate upon his entry, even with his "injury".

thejman93
01-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I fully expect:
3...2...1...BZZZZZZZT
BRRRRRR APPLEDOUGH
BAH GAWD CENA

Well done:D

HeelTurn
01-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Im expecting some records to be broken this year, maybe longest time and most eliminations in 1 match.

RKF
01-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Any chance Cena might get the win because its his home town?

thejman93
01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Any chance Cena might get the win because its his home town?

Cena will win because he's Cena not bcause he's the hometon boy; it is a nice built in excuse as to why he won tho. Welcome to the EWN by the way.

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
He won't win.

SaberToothTigerz
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM
He won't win.

he will....

Androo
01-18-2011, 07:22 PM
What the hell does appledough have anything to do with Cena?!
But I do expect him to dominate upon his entry, even with his "injury".

Classssssic! say it
APPLEDOUGH! duh duh duh duhhhhh, duh duh duh duhhhhh
cenas music!
i also liked the sheamus one, but ive forgotten it?? was it too many pies or sumfin?? i dunno

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Classssssic! say it
APPLEDOUGH! duh duh duh duhhhhh, duh duh duh duhhhhh
cenas music!
i also liked the sheamus one, but ive forgotten it?? was it too many pies or sumfin?? i dunno

Sheamus' one is "too many lies" :P
And wow I didn't realise "appledough" sounds so much like what Cena says in his theme song. I just can't be bothered looking up the lyrics for Cena.

Androo
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Sheamus' one is "too many lies" :P
And wow I didn't realise "appledough" sounds so much like what Cena says in his theme song. I just can't be bothered looking up the lyrics for Cena.

not havin a go, but brown one i read alot of ur replies, and i think "jeeeez hes missed the point" or "doesnt get it" or "is a bit slow" or "taken it too seriously" sometimes, like with this! am like "do i have to explain it?" ok, yeh i know its too many lies, but its like sum1s wrote it down as it sounds, or sounds like something else and its a little funny and it does, wen u say it back to urself. like appledough, i dont kno the lyric, but i dont think its appledough for some reason, but its a lil funzies wen u see it and go "hey hahaha it conveys the strange thing at the start of cenas music tht none know what it is". i always jst took it as emm...."aaahbaaaduunnn" which as u know doesnt mean anything!!! peace n love ; D

Jaws
01-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Its a shameful thing, lobster head.

Androo
01-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Its a shameful thing, lobster head.

hahahahahaha oh yehhh!!! cheers jaws! its a lobster head! laugh!!!

NightWolf
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
I wonder how both sides of Nexus will pan out in the Royal Rumble.

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 09:08 PM
he will....

He won't win.

Cena has won a Royal Rumble. There has to be a new winner.

Necroyeti
01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
He won't win.

Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold says hello.

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold says hello.

Tell them I said....Yo.

Anyways I still vote for a new winner.

NightWolf
01-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Maybe CM Punk will win it this year. He DOES have Nexus on his side.

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 11:32 PM
not havin a go, but brown one i read alot of ur replies, and i think "jeeeez hes missed the point" or "doesnt get it" or "is a bit slow" or "taken it too seriously" sometimes, like with this! am like "do i have to explain it?" ok, yeh i know its too many lies, but its like sum1s wrote it down as it sounds, or sounds like something else and its a little funny and it does, wen u say it back to urself. like appledough, i dont kno the lyric, but i dont think its appledough for some reason, but its a lil funzies wen u see it and go "hey hahaha it conveys the strange thing at the start of cenas music tht none know what it is". i always jst took it as emm...."aaahbaaaduunnn" which as u know doesnt mean anything!!! peace n love ; D

Its all good. But next time, please use punctuation my friend :D

He won't win.

I too vote for a new winner.

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Maybe CM Punk will win it this year. He DOES have Nexus on his side.

Or Wade Barrett with his group.

NightWolf
01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Or Wade Barrett with his group.

How could I forget about Caezer? His odds are pretty high going into the Royal Rumble as well.

SilverGhost
01-18-2011, 11:42 PM
How could I forget about Caezer? His odds are pretty high going into the Royal Rumble as well.

My friend texted me with Barrett's new group name, "The Core"

Androo
01-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Its all good. But next time, please use punctuation my friend :D

Are u being sarcy here brown? an inside joke from the chat in the other thread? which if u r, touché good play old sport. or r u being serious here? if so cmon man seriously!! its hard to tell with forum comments!?!?! :S

The Brown One
01-19-2011, 03:30 AM
Are u being sarcy here brown? an inside joke from the chat in the other thread? which if u r, touché good play old sport. or r u being serious here? if so cmon man seriously!! its hard to tell with forum comments!?!?! :S

Not being serious, don't worry. The :D indicates this.

The KANEROONIE!!!
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
I agree that returning winners is getting old, but I would approve if it happened like this:

Rey Mysterio's music hits, and there's a stall. Fake Rey Mysterio comes out in Mysterio like attire and a t-shirt and enters the match. The rumble draws on, and the impostor wins. The real Rey limps out pointing at the impostor after the match. He gets in the ring and confronts him, and Bam! He eats a Codebreaker. Impostor takes off his mask to reveal that he's Chris Jericho.

I would enjoy this.

The Brown One
01-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Why does it say that Booker T is set to win the Royal Rumble this year on Wiki? Have a look, and see if you also see his name where the 2011 Rumble is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble

Adam Bomb II
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Why does it say that Booker T is set to win the Royal Rumble this year on Wiki? Have a look, and see if you also see his name where the 2011 Rumble is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble

Hehe, the wonders of a userbased encyclopedia. :D
But i wouldn't mind seeing Booker in the rumble though!!

Bodom
01-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Hehe, the wonders of a userbased encyclopedia. :D
But i wouldn't mind seeing Booker in the rumble though!!

And now it says Primo LOL

The Brown One
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
I too wouldn't mind seeing Booker T in it. Hes one of my favorite wrestlers from the 2000s.
Ah the Rumble results have returned to normal.

RomanFlare
01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
I agree that returning winners is getting old, but I would approve if it happened like this:

Rey Mysterio's music hits, and there's a stall. Fake Rey Mysterio comes out in Mysterio like attire and a t-shirt and enters the match. The rumble draws on, and the impostor wins. The real Rey limps out pointing at the impostor after the match. He gets in the ring and confronts him, and Bam! He eats a Codebreaker. Impostor takes off his mask to reveal that he's Chris Jericho.

I would enjoy this.

This would be epic sauce. I'd probably mark out the next afternoon when I read about it.

AndherestheJ
01-27-2011, 10:02 AM
When I heard instead of 40 guys instead of 30 my first reaction was....meh.

Everyone is either really against it or really for it. Its JUST 10 EXTRA GUYS!

It's not like they'll fill those 10 spaces with anyone we want to see anyway.

The spots will just be used for stars they don't use much like Curt Hawkins or legends we've seen a million times since becoming legends. They'll be taken out pretty quickly and you won't even know they were there.

Also they call it the biggest royal rumble yet! Which in terms is just a big battle royal. Does anyone remember WCW World War III? 60 guys! Sure it wasn't a fantastic idea but my point is 30 to 40 is nothing. Get 20+ plus guys and they could have something.

-J

Also for those who do not remember or know what World War III was look it up on YouTube.

SilverGhost
01-27-2011, 11:24 AM
It does matter to the WWE.....I guess they are still keeping some traditions that they wanna follow.....Survivor Series had ONLY ONE elimination tag team match!

vbirwin
01-27-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't really care one way or another. IMO they only expanded it because they wanted to get all of the new Nexus guys in and that's 8 or 9 guys alone who weren't in it last year. But has anyone heard what the timing is going to be between entrants? I'm not positive but I think the early Rumbles were originally 2 minutes between entrants and then they shortened it to 90 seconds. I'm wondering if they are going to drop it to one minute since there are 10 more guys. My only concern about the extra guys has been that it's going to be guys who we really don't care that much about and if it's 90 seconds between entrants that's 15 minutes of extra time watching guys we don't care all that much about

Snair
01-27-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm hoping that they dont take more than 1hr .

AndherestheJ
01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't really care one way or another. IMO they only expanded it because they wanted to get all of the new Nexus guys in and that's 8 or 9 guys alone who weren't in it last year. But has anyone heard what the timing is going to be between entrants? I'm not positive but I think the early Rumbles were originally 2 minutes between entrants and then they shortened it to 90 seconds. I'm wondering if they are going to drop it to one minute since there are 10 more guys. My only concern about the extra guys has been that it's going to be guys who we really don't care that much about and if it's 90 seconds between entrants that's 15 minutes of extra time watching guys we don't care all that much about

Interesting question. Sounds like a possibility.

Los Conquistador
01-27-2011, 12:51 PM
60 guys is too long and too much

plus two rings absolutly sucked

40 is good
fills out space on the PPV
plus gives more guys camera time

a lot of guys got left off last year which in turn led to more releases

roshi86
01-27-2011, 02:36 PM
i wouldnt care if there were 100 people in the rumble...

SaberToothTigerz
01-27-2011, 03:51 PM
the more guys in it the more interesting it may get
however more guys may mean less time for guys to actually be in the ring
we will see alot of fast eliminations

SevenCagedTigers
01-27-2011, 03:57 PM
60 guys is too long and too much

plus two rings absolutly sucked

40 is good
fills out space on the PPV
plus gives more guys camera time

a lot of guys got left off last year which in turn led to more releases

Thats what SHE said!

VKM
01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Even though I'm half and half with the 40 man idea, it actually works in WWE's favor because this Royal Rumble might be the best royal rumble. Think about it, every other royal rumble ppv had more than just the World and WWE championship matches, they had grudge matches and midcard matches including the IC and U.S title defenses. And last year, was the last ECW championship bout where Zeke won. So now that it will be 40 men, all the rivalries will be in there and it will an unpredictable finish. Last year I predicted Edge would return and win, and he did. But now, it's so many possible returns that you don't know who could win.

Lowki
01-27-2011, 04:36 PM
There's no gimmick match better than the Royal Rumble. 30/40 guys throwing each other over the top rope! Quality!!

Stump
01-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I think the only reason they upped it to 40 participants is so that the Nexus and the Corre could all be in it.

The Brown One
01-27-2011, 05:53 PM
I think they raised the participants number to 40 because many of their top stars were injured, so they needed to hype the hell out of the match, by calling it "the biggest RR match in history".

HeelTurn
01-27-2011, 05:55 PM
I think the only reason they upped it to 40 participants is so that the Nexus and the Corre could all be in it.

I think they raised the participants number to 40 because many of their top stars were injured, so they needed to hype the hell out of the match, by calling it "the biggest RR match in history".

I think youre both right.

Robstar
01-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Big deal. Just more guys plodding around the ring trying to look busy or 'hold on'.

They had a match from World War 3 on Vintage Collection this week

SaberToothTigerz
01-27-2011, 06:03 PM
ok u guys read the ewn reports news they said some wrestler who has been sidelined will return at the rumble
im saying christian or evan bourne
its not gonna be triple H
he wont return right now only around spring time, and that's what he said in a radio report
now is also confirmed 1 or 2 wwe legends to make it in
this is so fucking pointless why is that???? why in the world does that have to happen every single fucking year????
its gonna be hacksaw jim duggan HOE and tatanka
oh my gawd......only worst than this is watching matt hardy on tna..

The Brown One
01-27-2011, 06:15 PM
I just saw the news. I'm happy that "someones whos been injured but is expecting to return is returning soon".

SgtGohan
01-27-2011, 06:18 PM
it means paycheck for some jobbers, im certain they will be happy with the 10 added men.

SaberToothTigerz
01-27-2011, 06:29 PM
I just saw the news. I'm happy that "someones whos been injured but is expecting to return is returning soon".

I have no idea *rolls eyes*

AndherestheJ
01-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Even though I'm half and half with the 40 man idea, it actually works in WWE's favor because this Royal Rumble might be the best royal rumble. Think about it, every other royal rumble ppv had more than just the World and WWE championship matches, they had grudge matches and midcard matches including the IC and U.S title defenses. And last year, was the last ECW championship bout where Zeke won. So now that it will be 40 men, all the rivalries will be in there and it will an unpredictable finish. Last year I predicted Edge would return and win, and he did. But now, it's so many possible returns that you don't know who could win.

Uhhh zeke won the belt on the last episode of ECW, not at the RR.