PDA

View Full Version : Mitb

jman
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
i was reading a thread about wrestlemania n someone said there should be no wrestlemania mitb this year which got me thinking about the number of up n comers n where the miz is at n i've got to disagree there are alot if mid carders and alot of them could use the chance a world title shot n a championship.
another reason i think the concept is not dead is that no one yet has choose to cash in the case at wrestlemania imagine if taker was champion n jus won a great match n someone came out to cash in that would be a great wrestlemania moment the belief he might lose would truly be there i dont think this would happen as cant see him wrestling 4 another title at mania but jus saying be a good scenerio.
plus the ppl below in a match anyone one of whom could win and think it would be a good spectale
Cody rhodes
kofi kingston
evan bourne
christian
ezikel jackson
john morrison
wade barret
daniel bryan
ted dibasse
r truth
yes i know theres ten i coulda added jack swagger but he's won once n think the others could use it more or just as much
n even ziggler although think he might get a singles match this year but could definetly include him.

Robstar
01-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Apparantly if you read it from me I was wrong. There will be MITB at WM allegedly. However I think it waters down the whole concept. I would be happy for them to just have it a 'mania and change the PPV to something else

Oh btw, Christian is going to win at the Rumble and headline Wrestlemania vs Edge. ;)

jman
01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
i'd love christian to win the rumble cant see it tbh imo jus because wwe has never made him look strong tbh hope im wrong really do he deserves it and is defo one of my fav wrestlers to watch

Adam Bomb II
01-17-2011, 10:30 AM
yes i know theres ten i coulda added jack swagger but he's won once n think the others could use it more or just as much
n even ziggler although think he might get a singles match this year but could definetly include him.

I would like to have SWAGGAH win it again, and then hopefully they will push him the way he deserves to this time around. I have been a fan of Swagger since his debut, and I was extremely dissapointed in the way creative handled his title reign, making him look way to weak for a guy with his size and skill IMO.
And I agree with Robstar that they should scrap the MITB PPV and let the match be a mainstay at Wrestlemania. :)

Tommy Thunder
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Apparantly if you read it from me I was wrong. There will be MITB at WM allegedly. However I think it waters down the whole concept. I would be happy for them to just have it a 'mania and change the PPV to something else

Oh btw, Christian is going to win at the Rumble and headline Wrestlemania vs Edge. ;)

Agreed. They need to change the MITB ppv to something else. The one at Mania is the special one for me. I think Ziggler or Morrison will win. There is a chance that Ziggler will have a singles match, but if he's in MITB, he'll definitely be one of the favorites.
I also think that Christian will win the Rumble, but if not, then I expect him to be in MITB, and will be a favorite to win that also.

HeelTurn
01-17-2011, 10:48 AM
If Christian wins the rumble I will actually mark out. There are so many potential winners of this years MITB, Del Rio, Morrison, Ziggler, Barrett, Bryan etc. Id like to see Rey in this year simply because he has nothing else to do and the likes of Orton and Edge have done it.

NexSES
01-17-2011, 11:29 AM
If Christian wins the rumble I will actually mark out.
I'll mark out if he wins the Rumble or MITB! He deserves more thatn anyone else.

On topic, I like the concept of MITB as it opens new doors for new "superstars" Who do I see winning, I'm gonna go with Del Rio winning it at Mania! And like you guys have said, there are a lot of contenders to actually win it, that's why it's smart to also have a ppv dedicated for new stars. I can see JoMo winning it for the RAW title and (hopefully) Cody Rhodes for SD! bothe at the MITB ppv.

SDR
01-17-2011, 11:54 AM
The Money in the Bank pay-per-view should definitely be scrapped, as for the WrestleMania match, deep down I want Cody Rhodes to win, but the reality is he needs to be Intercontinental Champion first. Dolph Ziggler would be the most logical winner. EXCUSE ME! + I am perfection + Money in the bank winner = future champion. Is there anyone in WWE that is giving a better performance than Dolph and Vickie? Alberto Del Rio is a close second, but you already know that.

ihearvoices
01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
I would like to see kofi Kingston Win this years MITB at WM just for the fact i think he can be the next big thing and i think he only had 1 chance to show what he was made of on a main event level which was with randy and we all know how that ended Epic! But i believe if john Morrison is in this years MITB at WM he will Win it

Stump
01-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Thinking about MITB, has anyone who won the MITB ever NOT gone on to be champ? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

HeelTurn
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Thinking about MITB, has anyone who won the MITB ever NOT gone on to be champ? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Kennedy won back at Mania 23.

Manabu
01-17-2011, 02:23 PM
I can't see the undertaker losing to whoever cashes in the contract at wrestlemania
the winner will most probably be a midcarder, no way would wwe even think of having a midcarder end takers streak!

Stump
01-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Ah yes, he lost the briefcase to Edge after suffering an energy. I had forgotten that. But, has anyone been healthy, cashed it in, and LOST?

CobraNightviper
01-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't really understand why would you have m.i.t.b at mania and then turn around and have a ppv as the same thing I thought what made m.i.t.b diffrent was one case once a year now they have two?wwe sure likes to rape everything that draws in fans they should of just left it at mania.

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Ah yes, he lost the briefcase to Edge after suffering an energy. I had forgotten that. But, has anyone been healthy, cashed it in, and LOST?

No. Everyone who has won MITB, and been "healthy" has won their world title match.

As for the WWE having 3 MITB matches a year, I think its a bad idea. I like the match because it is fun and has alot of high spots, but having so many ruins the concept. Sure last years WM MITB sucked, but it doesn't mean it will again, so I'm happy if its still on at WM(I hope your right Rob). Having 3 guys with MITB briefcases in 1 year waters down the prestigious MITB concept. Your'e guaranteed 3 new world champions. This year, I doubt that Bryan will win it, because I think WWE is still going to do alot of work on him until they think hes ready for a world title. Bryan will be there as one of the best competitors in the match, to make it more exciting. My pick goes to Dolph Ziggler.

Stump
01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=The Brown One;58478]No. Everyone who has won MITB, and been "healthy" has won their world title match.

see...I dont like that...it should not be a GIVEN that the itb winner will be champ

Robstar
01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
The Money in the Bank pay-per-view should definitely be scrapped, as for the WrestleMania match, deep down I want Cody Rhodes to win, but the reality is he needs to be Intercontinental Champion first. Dolph Ziggler would be the most logical winner. EXCUSE ME! + I am perfection + Money in the bank winner = future champion. Is there anyone in WWE that is giving a better performance than Dolph and Vickie? Alberto Del Rio is a close second, but you already know that.

Thank you!!!

Robstar
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I can't see the undertaker losing to whoever cashes in the contract at wrestlemania
the winner will most probably be a midcarder, no way would wwe even think of having a midcarder end takers streak!

That's a based on the huge assumption that UT would be champ then. I'm favouring Alberto Del Rio to win MITB at WM.

I assume you meant 'injury'? not energy

Stump
01-17-2011, 08:21 PM
That's a based on the huge assumption that UT would be champ then. I'm favouring Alberto Del Rio to win MITB at WM.

I assume you meant 'injury'? not energy

yeah...my mistake...damn me for not checking my typing lol

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=The Brown One;58478]No. Everyone who has won MITB, and been "healthy" has won their world title match.

see...I dont like that...it should not be a GIVEN that the itb winner will be champ

Sometimes they should make it so that the winner doesn't win, because now theres going to be 3 MITB matches this year, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal if a MITB winner didn't win after they cashed in. But I do want whoever to win to get a world title. Edge didn't need that briefcase a second time, because he already had multiple world title reigns. But he did. IMO that could have been Kennedy's big break, and he would be a world champion after he cashed in, but WWE screwed him over.

Robstar
01-17-2011, 08:32 PM
yeah...my mistake...damn me for not checking my typing lol

Yes I'm glad you understand that now I have to have some sort of 'flame war' with you because you used the wrong word. ;)

AndyWonder
01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
to me it don't matter who is in it but this next winner needs to break tradition and not cash in on a whim vs. a weak opponent. that scenario happens way too often and I am tired of seeing it. What I need to see again is what RVD did. Announce the cash in for a certain event and build a story about him training for the match and just make it a damn feud for once. Could give lots more credibility to the title victory for the briefcase holder.

Stump
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Yes I'm glad you understand that now I have to have some sort of 'flame war' with you because you used the wrong word. ;)

Ok....so shall i call you a dirty name now?

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 10:57 PM
to me it don't matter who is in it but this next winner needs to break tradition and not cash in on a whim vs. a weak opponent. that scenario happens way too often and I am tired of seeing it. What I need to see again is what RVD did. Announce the cash in for a certain event and build a story about him training for the match and just make it a damn feud for once. Could give lots more credibility to the title victory for the briefcase holder.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing someone go the way that RVD did. But it seems that only heels win MITB..or wrestlers who turn heel shortly after winning. If someone like Morrison won it, I can see him challenging the champ at a PPV.

HeelTurn
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Sometimes they should make it so that the winner doesn't win, because now theres going to be 3 MITB matches this year, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal if a MITB winner didn't win after they cashed in. But I do want whoever to win to get a world title. Edge didn't need that briefcase a second time, because he already had multiple world title reigns. But he did. IMO that could have been Kennedy's big break, and he would be a world champion after he cashed in, but WWE screwed him over.

Yeah I remember when fans were actually booing CM Punk when he won his second MITB, although it did lead to his awesome heel turn.

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah I remember when fans were actually booing CM Punk when he won his second MITB, although it did lead to his awesome heel turn.

They also booed him when he cashed in.

HeelTurn
01-18-2011, 05:27 PM
They also booed him when he cashed in.

That was probably because it was against Jeff. Hopefully this years will be a deserving superstar who has never held a world title and and that the WWE will give a proper push to, not like what they did to Swagger.

Adam Bomb II
01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
That was probably because it was against Jeff. Hopefully this years will be a deserving superstar who has never held a world title and and that the WWE will give a proper push to, not like what they did to Swagger.

Ugh... I still get pissed every time i'm reminded of how they treated Swagger after he won...

jman
01-20-2011, 07:49 PM
"IMO that could have been Kennedy's big break, and he would be a world champion after he cashed in, but WWE screwed him over."

it defo would ofbeen his break but he defo didnt help himself when u say they screwed him over plus he was gonna vince son instead of hornswaggle but he screwed himself over by failing the drugs test

Trips88
01-31-2011, 10:04 AM

Everyone that's cashed it in has won, not everyone thats won MITB. If you remember a few years back they had a storyline where Mr. Kennedy wanted to hold onto it until the next Mania but Edge coned him out of it.

Trips88
01-31-2011, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=Robstar;58501]That's a based on the huge assumption that UT would be champ then. I'm favouring Alberto Del Rio to win MITB at WM.

Del Rio already won at RR. He'll be in the main event.

Tommy Thunder
01-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Christian is my pick to win MITB, that is IF he's in it. We might see him included in the WHC picture with Del Rio and Edge.
It's very open as to who wins MITB otherwise. Ziggler perhaps? Or Cody Rhodes? Hell, we might even see Mysterio win it!

Adam Bomb II
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I, for once, also see Christian as a favourite to win MITB. He has been a favourite by many every year, but I haven't believed it until this year. That is off course if they play his big comeback right, and I would of course much MUCH rather see a Triple Threat for the WHC with Christian, ADR and Edge. There's so many possibilities of good storytelling in that setup!
Other potential MITB winners in my opinion is Drew McIntyre or Daniel Bryan.
Unfortunately Swagger probably won't get it again this year, although I WISH they would give him MITB, and the give him the proper titlerun he deserves!

Tommy Thunder
02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
It's between Christian, Morrison, Ziggler, and Rhodes for me (I'll throw in Mysterio as an outsider). I just hope Christian in particular is actually in it. There are plans for Rhodes and Mysterio to feud, so maybe they won't be in it. But Ziggler, Morrison and Christian must be the clear favorites to win MITB at Mania.
On a side note, I think Bourne (again) and Bryan will be in the match. Both those guys will add great flair to the match.